Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Dren posted:

my stove has natural gas

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CY227M/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

i had a roommate who made one of those out of wire hangers because she was too cheap to buy a toaster

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

FrozenVent posted:

like i work in shipping, and when i explain stuff to people outside the industry i often have to start with archimede's principle, because people don't always get how steel ships float, nevermind how a propeller works, or how uneven loading will stress the ship's structure.
that is a little less than obvious though. even though nearly everyone intuitively grasps that if you put your hand in a bucket of water you feel resistance and the water level will rise, there's still a certain logical step to take to transfer that understanding to ships

unless you had a music teacher like mine who was an ex naval engineer and when he got bored with arpeggios he'd explain how to calculate the mass of a destroyer and how a radio tuner works

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

big scary monsters posted:

that is a little less than obvious though. even though nearly everyone intuitively grasps that if you put your hand in a bucket of water you feel resistance and the water level will rise, there's still a certain logical step to take to transfer that understanding to ships

unless you had a music teacher like mine who was an ex naval engineer and when he got bored with arpeggios he'd explain how to calculate the mass of a destroyer and how a radio tuner works

i wish we had that music teacher

ours was a gay preacher dude that loved the falsetto voice a little too much

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

titaniumone posted:

support your local toastkeeper

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

something something boom august

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

seems complicated gonna stick w/ my toastkeeper

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Same Great Paste posted:

gloom doom subsume

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Same Great Paste posted:

boom's the sound the price of bitcoin makes when it hits the floor

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
can't believe you dopes are arguing about toasters when there's that logansryche post

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

can't believe you dopes are arguing about toasters when there's that logansryche post

real talk the post from his girlfriend is too depressing to mock like honestly it makes me feel bad to read it and not try to help her in some way

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

It's just too depressing

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Stay safe toast ghost

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Dren posted:

real talk the post from his girlfriend is too depressing to mock like honestly it makes me feel bad to read it and not try to help her in some way

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Dren posted:

yeah, it really is. i guess there are some problems even bitcoins can't solve

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Dren posted:

emptyquoting because this is literally how i felt reading it

it's like reading a passageway from a mentally disabled guy begging for help because the SSI check didn't show up :(

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

already posted but loving lol

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

quote:

Dude, this sucks. (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 3 minutes ago by CheckOutMyDopeness

quote:

So much Hacking going on… (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 17 minutes ago by TiPs4tat

quote:

Did Willy change his Job and got a new employer? (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 4 minutes ago by Aviathor

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Molotov Cock Tale
Jun 30, 2010
that six californias guy bought in at 600 just a few weeks ago so has lost about three and a third million so far

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Who-Bought-All-the-Bitcoin-Its-Tim-Six-Californias-Draper-265634561.html

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Molotov Cock Tale posted:

that six californias guy bought in at 600 just a few weeks ago so has lost about three and a third million so far

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Who-Bought-All-the-Bitcoin-Its-Tim-Six-Californias-Draper-265634561.html

when he becomes governor of silicon valley it will all pay off with his pro bitcoin legistation

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
be your own bread

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Merchants should cover the transaction fee. (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 3 minutes ago by schism1

I'm not sure how it would be implemented. Maybe something like this: At checkout when tax and shipping is added then 0.0001 BTC is subtracted from the total.

It would not be very useful for merchants now but as more merchants adopt Bitcoin it could give a competitive advantage. Overall I think it would be good for the ecosystem.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

quote:

I love this, Perfect time to buy :D (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 20 minutes ago by killzon32
I know some people are freaking out. Calm down take a deep breath and buy some bitcoins, you can thank me later.

[–]spottedmarley 7 points 19 minutes ago
And it's getting even more perfecter every day :)

rotor?

quote:

And it's getting even more perfecter every day :)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Robawesome posted:

I'm not sure how it would be implemented. Maybe something like this: At checkout when tax and shipping is added then 0.0001 BTC is subtracted from the total.

It would not be very useful for merchants now but as more merchants adopt Bitcoin it could give a competitive advantage. Overall I think it would be good for the ecosystem.

I was under the impression there were no fees

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

im the time traveling

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Robawesome posted:

i'm the plan for transaction fees that doesn't understand how transaction fees work

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

sharknado slashfic posted:

I was under the impression there were no fees

same

i feel like i've been misled here

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

big scary monsters posted:

the mystery of toast
mnc

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

now that we're done with toasters let's talk about an airplane on a treadmill

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if you put .99999999... airplanes on a treadmill, will 1 airplane take off

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

no, because airplanes are a conspiracy of the global elite. Rather, each airport is a different facet of a single interdimensial construct that bridges space (but not time). the airport in Denver is the locus prima that anchors it to our dimensial knot

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

now that we're done with airplanes...

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Molotov Cock Tale posted:

do we know how much he actually paid though?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Pardot posted:

do we know how much he actually paid though?

Nobody knows for sure. A bunch of people claimed to have lost the auction with bids well below and slightly below market price, so the assumption is made that Draper paid $600 or more each. His only response when asked has been "more than the other guys"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Linguica posted:

now that we're done with toasters let's talk about an airplane on a treadmill

scrub tier internet debate, mythbusters proved it

helicopter on a frictionless turn table though

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
late on toastchat, but i know there's a bimetallic strip that bends when hot enough to turn off the toaster, because our sixth grade science class covered this in a perfunctory way.

but then half the class literally was unable to comprehend why heat would make something bend until it was explained seven or eight times. the teacher just said "bimetallic strip" over and over again like they were caught in a loop. it was a major question on the final, "how does a toaster work" because it was such an arcane thing.

this was a religious school, is news that will shock nobody.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I wrote a song called "With Bitcoin". I'd love if you'd check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlADUFbHc18

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

well if the teacher just kept saying "bimetallic strip" over and over and didn't say "different metals expand at different rates so the strip is going to bend in a predictable fashion", teacher's a bad teacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

scrub tier internet debate, mythbusters proved it

helicopter on a frictionless turn table though

depends on what record is on the turn table

• Locked thread