Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
eep I will be back in like 30~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Strong Mouse posted:

So we have a little more than 8 hours to vote, right?

I probably won't cast my vote for another few hours, to see how things are going

No don't! Ask questions of people and analyze their responses, don't just hang around

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hmm I am definitely more suspicious of yuming now than I even was before

-starts catching up on thread
- adds nothing of value
-bails

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

You think she's scummier than elephant?

Yeah, if it's between them I'd rather vote fv.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I do want to see a little bit more of what Elephant and fv have to say. They seem to be the people that I am really leaning towards

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Captain Foo posted:

Hmm I am definitely more suspicious of yuming now than I even was before

-starts catching up on thread
- adds nothing of value
-bails
I drove my sister to work.

If you think that is scummy, then you are a moron.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

yuming posted:

I drove my sister to work.

If you think that is scummy, then you are a moron.
Is this an unconfirmed or confirmed masonry? Can your sister confirm?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

Is this an unconfirmed or confirmed masonry? Can your sister confirm?
My sister hates SA because of our stance on furries and MLP. She will not.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Captain Foo posted:

Kell vote mostly joke vote, but never a bad idea to see how a new player responds.
Chaos lord surprised me with a scummy position right after that, so moving to a vote that was more substantial was obviously a good move.

And yes, I thought chaos lord was scummy so I kept up pressure to see what would happen, and then he acquitted himself to my satisfaction, so I took my vote off.

You thought chaoslord was scummy because he voted for a no lynch and you wanted to put some pressure on him, I can understand that. The bit that seems really hypocritical to me is that Juanito did the same thing and you just let it slide by with a joke.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Elephant posted:

Yes I called out one of my scum buddies for lurking and joke voted the other on day one.

On a less ridiculous note, Asiina, Kellsterik, King Burgundy, Strong Mouse (the newbie, right?), and Tearshed haven't posted anything substantial yet. The deadline's in 12 hours.

I'm phone posting, so excuse my lack of effort, but reviewing over the thread I don't like Savahontas changing his vote 4 times in half as many days. He also hasn't posted much in the way of solid content, at least as far as what I saw. And other than his vote on yuming I think all of those votes were the same people busb voted. The last vote on me in particular he basically just quoted busb for his reasoning. ##unvote ##vote Savahontas

I don't get this vote. You call out a bunch of lurkers and then vote Sav for not posting much solid content. How is Sav different to the other 5 people who likewise haven't posted much in the way of content?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Elephant posted:

Yes I called out one of my scum buddies for lurking and joke voted the other on day one.

On a less ridiculous note, Asiina, Kellsterik, King Burgundy, Strong Mouse (the newbie, right?), and Tearshed haven't posted anything substantial yet. The deadline's in 12 hours.

I'm phone posting, so excuse my lack of effort, but reviewing over the thread I don't like Savahontas changing his vote 4 times in half as many days. He also hasn't posted much in the way of solid content, at least as far as what I saw. And other than his vote on yuming I think all of those votes were the same people busb voted. The last vote on me in particular he basically just quoted busb for his reasoning. ##unvote ##vote Savahontas
Up until this point in the thread, my thought on the Elephant case was "eh I don't really see it."

However, with this post above, I can imagine him as scum. To me, this vote doesn't read naturally-- Savahontas' participation sounds like a townie trying to stir up content, and to vote her for doing so makes Elephant look much worse to me. I'm going to reread his earlier content with this in mind, finish up my read, and decide where to go from there.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I don't get this vote. You call out a bunch of lurkers and then vote Sav for not posting much solid content. How is Sav different to the other 5 people who likewise haven't posted much in the way of content?
OMG we're twins :sparkles:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Savahontas posted:

only vaguely relevant: I am a lady.

Me too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Votecount for Day 1

Elephant (3): Savahontas, busb, Savahontas, Kellsterik, busb, busb, busb, busb, Savahontas
yuming (2): Elephant, tearshed, Elephant, Savahontas, Savahontas, Asiina
Savahontas (1): Elephant
fiery_valkyrie (1): Juanito
Captain Foo (1): fiery_valkyrie
Asiina (1): King Burgundy, yuming, King Burgundy, yuming, yuming
tearshed (1): King Burgundy
Juanito (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Lynch No One! (0): Juanito, chaoslord, chaoslord, Juanito
Strong Mouse (0): busb, busb, Savahontas, Savahontas
Kellsterik (0): Captain Foo, Captain Foo
King Burgundy (0): Asiina, Captain Foo, Asiina, Captain Foo
busb (0): fiery_valkyrie, Asiina, King Burgundy, Asiina, King Burgundy, Strong Mouse, fiery_valkyrie, Strong Mouse
chaoslord (0): Asiina, Captain Foo, Elephant, Captain Foo, Elephant, Asiina

Not Voting (3): Captain Foo, chaoslord, Strong Mouse

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 16th, 2014 at midnight CDT -- that's in about 6 hours, 58 minutes.

Leaving work now, probably won't be back until after the deadline. Please don't post after the hammer.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

It's not my fault that fvs case is flimsy and showed up right after she got called out for not posting, like "oops I better throw together a case"

I posted on Friday night after I got home from work, the very first occasion I had time to go through the thread. Your interpretation of that as being "right after" is rubbish.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Strong Mouse posted:

Well Asiina hasn't said much, and I actually forgot about them. fv seems to be defensive about how other people are voting. Savahontas has changed votes a lot, but I mainly think that is to see people's reactions. Foo seems to mainly respond to things people say and not really add much of his own unless in response. Juanito is around and hasn't voted at all. chaoslord has posted a bit and people jumped on him, then he explained and people jumped off him, so I don't really know.
Overall I like the thought I see behind this.

Mouse's read on Savahontas is similar to mine, and I like that he's picking up on the same thing. Or in other words, I like this opinion for the opposite reason I dislike Elephant's! The last 4 reads sound like Mouse trying to say something about players he has a null read on which makes sense to me given the context of him trying to produce content.

I dub Mouse more town than scum!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You thought chaoslord was scummy because he voted for a no lynch and you wanted to put some pressure on him, I can understand that. The bit that seems really hypocritical to me is that Juanito did the same thing and you just let it slide by with a joke.

juanito did it during jokephase and so i didn't really think much of it but chaoslorde agreed with it earnestly so i thought that was a scummy play. looking back now i read it as chaoslorde making a newbie error

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

juanito also said his point was made when it got people posting, and i agree with that, it's a good reason to do almost anything early in D1, even in jokephase

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

also looking at the timestamps i guess there was more time in there than i thought :shrug:

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I am going to ##vote Elephant right now. From everything I have seen, s/he seems the most likely to be scum.

I may change my mind?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Elephant posted:

Asiina posted:

Yeah it's called bussing and it's not at all an unusual thing to do.

However the fact you even used this as an excuse makes me pause. I would imagine if you were scum then your scum buddies would have told you this and you wouldn't have tried to pass this off as a reason, because honestly you just described the thing scum do most often to distance from each other.
There is ~something~ I don't like about this post.

The logic behind Asiina's opinion is poor.

Elephant describes bussing, which Asiina uses as evidence that Elephant isn't scum because if he were scum his teammates would've made him aware of the use of it as a TACTIC and then he wouldn't've used it sarcastically as a defense. This is just too convoluted a train of thought for me to really buy. I think it looks like Asiina is searching for something to contribute that is unique, which I find scummy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

juanito did it during jokephase and so i didn't really think much of it but chaoslorde agreed with it earnestly so i thought that was a scummy play. looking back now i read it as chaoslorde making a newbie error

I took Juanito's vote as serious, especially since he sat on it for so long but yeah, I can see how you thought it was just a joke phase thing. I just took it as hypocritical that you'd push a newbie for doing it and ignore an experienced player for the same, which is what bugged me.

##unvote

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i myself tend to sit on jokevotes if i haven't felt the need to move it yet, so I don't worry too much about it

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
You know what? I would vote that lurker. 0 game content in a game like this - where up until this point you've had to really scramble to find something to post - is scummier than normal circumstances.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

yuming posted:

This is just too convoluted a train of thought for me to really buy. I think it looks like Asiina is searching for something to contribute that is unique, which I find scummy.

Yes I agree.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yuming posted:

There is ~something~ I don't like about this post.

The logic behind Asiina's opinion is poor.

Elephant describes bussing, which Asiina uses as evidence that Elephant isn't scum because if he were scum his teammates would've made him aware of the use of it as a TACTIC and then he wouldn't've used it sarcastically as a defense. This is just too convoluted a train of thought for me to really buy. I think it looks like Asiina is searching for something to contribute that is unique, which I find scummy.

the problem here is that it isn't even bussing this far from a lynch, but that might just be splitting hairs

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Captain Foo posted:

the problem here is that it isn't even bussing this far from a lynch, but that might just be splitting hairs
I do not care about the semantic difference between to distance and to bus, though I do recognize it.

I would like more people to look at Asiina. She's my ~very own~ read. In the meantime I have caught up and I'm going to start skimming from the beginning of the game again to see if there's anything else worth commenting on.

My preference is Asiina >> Elephant.

I don't see fv's case on Foo but it doesn't come across as a scum-case to me, either.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Savahontas posted:

You know what? I would vote that lurker. 0 game content in a game like this - where up until this point you've had to really scramble to find something to post - is scummier than normal circumstances.
Who are you referring to? I'm not sure

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

Probably tearshed.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Juanito posted:

i know you're not this thick, juanito

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
This is a good game I like this game. GOOD EFFORT GUYS THANKS FOR PLAYING :sun:

Scum be peaches and kill lurkers for us, okay? Thanks <3

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Savahontas posted:

##vote Elephant for excusing himself from the deadline. What could possibly be more important than this?
I am ~feeling~ that connection I think busb saw. But I don't really think Sav is scum based on her more recent posts.

I can see where busb's opinion came from, however.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
My deep and abiding faith that elephant is scum has not been shaken by this discussion. I'm riding this train to midnight.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

yuming posted:

I am ~feeling~ that connection I think busb saw. But I don't really think Sav is scum based on her more recent posts.

I can see where busb's opinion came from, however.

Wait I missed this, is elephant my scum buddy? HAS BUSB BETRAYED ME?

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Kellsterik posted:

My deep and abiding faith that elephant is scum has not been shaken by this discussion. I'm riding this train to midnight.

I can respect a post like this, at least.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Captain Foo posted:

i know you're not this thick, juanito
It's not that obvious. Go to her post, and then scroll up until you can tell who she is referring to?

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Juanito posted:

It's not that obvious. Go to her post, and then scroll up until you can tell who she is referring to?

I am referring to tearshed.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Savahontas posted:

I am referring to tearshed.
Thanks, I did figure it out from yuming. I just didn't think it was super obvious (to me).

tearshed usually doesn't post a ton, but he's definitely not around. Fridays are tough though.. I probably won't be around later.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
That's also the reason I voted already. I am heading to the fair right after dinner, and won't be around for the deadline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

busb posted:

Thanks for answering my question chaoslorde!

I have a gut awkward reaction to chaos and Savahontas' conversation on this page. Reads like masons or scum trying to distance themselves.
I disagree with basically all of yuming's reads~

It seems pretty obvious that Elephants power has some correlation between saying a number a certain amount or luck or something. I take it some sort of numeromancer.

I hate numbers and maths so i'm gonna vote that guy ##vote Elephant

Also i can't tell how many posts people have made in this thread Radium!!! :argh:
This is what I was referencing re:busb.

My take is Savahontas is just like OMG into the game more than the average mafia player of 2014 so it stands out. But I like it!

My opinion remains the same after reading earlier posts. I'll bbl and am happy to clarify anything I've posted.

• Locked thread