Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I'll probably be around at least to phonepost. Even goons usually have options on Friday night other than F5ing a mafia thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kellsterik posted:

Even goons usually have options on Friday night other than F5ing a mafia thread.

I'll be here

:negative:

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I ended up changing my mind, so I will be here. Only 2 more hours

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Mr. Elephant

nn thread.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Votecount for Day 1

Elephant (6): Savahontas, busb, Savahontas, Kellsterik, busb, busb, busb, busb, Savahontas, Strong Mouse, Captain Foo, yuming
yuming (2): Elephant, tearshed, Elephant, Savahontas, Savahontas, Asiina
Savahontas (1): Elephant
fiery_valkyrie (1): Juanito
tearshed (1): King Burgundy
Juanito (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Lynch No One! (0): Juanito, chaoslord, chaoslord, Juanito
Strong Mouse (0): busb, busb, Savahontas, Savahontas
Kellsterik (0): Captain Foo, Captain Foo
Captain Foo (0): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
King Burgundy (0): Asiina, Captain Foo, Asiina, Captain Foo
Asiina (0): King Burgundy, yuming, King Burgundy, yuming, yuming, yuming
busb (0): fiery_valkyrie, Asiina, King Burgundy, Asiina, King Burgundy, Strong Mouse, fiery_valkyrie, Strong Mouse
chaoslord (0): Asiina, Captain Foo, Elephant, Captain Foo, Elephant, Asiina

Not Voting (2): chaoslord, fiery_valkyrie

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 16th, 2014 at midnight CDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 7 minutes.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Welp I guess now is as good a time as any to claim. I'm Johnny Ramone, and if I am the final vote to lynch someone I either get to pardon someone the next day or kill someone at night- but if I kill a townie I die too.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
That doesn't sound like it would be a scum role, since the point of being scum is to kill town.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Hmm. Valkyrie has a good point. Is that your whole role?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Although you could be making that last clause up and it could be a scum role.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
To be clear, you mean you're Johnny Ramone, famous musician of The Ramones, right?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Dunno, I think a scum with a vig every time they hammer might be overpowered.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Dunno, I think a scum with a vig every time they hammer might be overpowered.

Hmm, that's is true. I think it'd get pretty obvious if you hammer every time though.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I left out my nickname (The Hook) and my role name. Are we allowed to reveal role names?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I believe his role..

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Elephant posted:

I left out my nickname (The Hook) and my role name. Are we allowed to reveal role names?
Yeah, generally you just can't copy & paste. Although sometime mods don't want us to reveal things, but I don't think this mod said anything.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I'm the executioner.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I won't be voting for elephant.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

One hour left. Do we have enough around to pick a new target? You guys want to join me on Tearshed?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Elephant posted:

I'm the executioner.

Johnny Ramone I thought was maybe fake, but this is a legit thing with Unknown Armies flavor.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Actually the OP says that alignment is randomized. So a role has nothing to do with their alignment..

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

King Burgundy posted:

One hour left. Do we have enough around to pick a new target? You guys want to join me on Tearshed?
You need 6 people on a Friday night, that's a tough call. It would only be a lurker lynch though..

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Juanito posted:

You need 6 people on a Friday night, that's a tough call. It would only be a lurker lynch though..

A scummy lurker. Looks like we've had enough people post in the last little bit that it might be doable.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
##Vote tearshed lynch the lurker imo

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I don't see the lynch on anyone else happening.

##vote tearshed

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm down with that if there are no other options.

##vote tearshed

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Not great, but better than Elephant

##vote tearshed

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I'm convinced. My gut misgurgled this time.

##unvote

##vote tearshed

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That's -1.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Works for me

##unvote

##vote tearshed

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh god! tearshed is hammered!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
As the sun begins to set, one of you points out that tearshed has been silent nearly all day. He remains mute in the face of growing accusations, until Strong Mouse can't take it anymore. Picking up a two-by-four from the warehouse floor, he bashes tearshed in the back of the head. Tearshed hits the concrete with a sickening crack, blood seeps across the floor in strange, swirling patterns. For a moment, everyone is silent as they contemplate the enormity of what they've just done. I mean, killing a stranger in a warehouse because a note told them they had to? What the hell is wrong with them, they think?

Then the room erupts with fury, as dozens of raised voices seem to cry out and clash against each other. They don't seem to be coming from any one spot, but the observant among you notice that tearshed's corpse seems to be humming. As suddenly as the voices began, they stop.

One of you whistles. "I think we just watched an Avatar die."

Checking his body, you find a silenced pistol strapped to his back. It seems a safe assumption he had less than noble intentions.

You all walk away from the main floor to find a place to sleep for the night, but it's doubtful there will be any rest now that you know there are murderers in your midst.

tearshed, Damon "Wordsworth" Hill, Mafia-Aligned Demagogue was lynched day one!

Role Information:
If you meet either of the following conditions, you gain the relevant power.

If you have the highest post count at the end of the day, without breaking forum rules, you gain a single, anonymous vote for the next day.

During the night, you may ##indict player. If that player is lynched the next day, you gain a single use pardon ability that you may use anonymously at any point throughout that following day by submitting ##pardon [player]. That player may not be voted for the rest of the day. You may pardon yourself with this power."

Night actions!

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 22, 2014

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Day two will start in the next hour. My apologies, I've been out and about most of today.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
As you again congregate on the main floor, it seems thankfully someone has taken the time and decency to throw tearshed’s body in a corner with a sheet over it. However, it isn’t long until you realize that one among you isn’t here. Searching the warehouse extensively, you find King Burgundy’s bloody corpse in a machinist’s workshop in the basement. Searching his person, one of you whistles. “Yeah, I’ve seen this before. This is that old-school poo poo. Musta been some kind of steampunk nerd, god rest her soul.”

It is with great unease that you deposit her body next to tearshed’s, albeit a bit more gingerly, and return to your deliberations. The tone is different now, tinged with determination, anger, and more than just a touch of fear.

King Burgundy, Sierra “Enigma” Miller, Town-Aligned Mechanomancer was killed night one!

Role Information:

quote:

You are an inventor who can grant the following items(one-use powers) to other players.

a) 1-shot track
b) 1-shot watch
c) 1-shot doc
d) 1-shot rolecop

There are two ways to create these items. You can either spend a night to ##build [a/b/c/d], meaning you can grant it the following night, or you can grant it instantly to another player by submitting ##grant [power] to [player] along with ##forget [player]. From this point on, you cannot reference the selected player in the thread. If you do so anyway, Something Bad happens. Building an item cannot be blocked.

Day Two Begins!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Great D1.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (11): Asiina, busb, Captain Foo, chaoslord, Elephant, fiery_valkyrie, Juanito, Kellsterik, Strong Mouse, tearshed, yuming

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 20th, 2014 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 3 days, 22 hours.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yay us :sun:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, really liking the roles Somber.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Also, really liking the roles Somber.

Thanks!

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
drat, that was really excellent. I was wrong about Asiina, apparently!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah these roles are great. Tearshed's role cracked me up considering he got lynched for being a lurker.

• Locked thread