Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

far be it from me to speak out of turn but wouldn't it be logical that making it illegal to kill us during the purge wouldn't matter during the purge, when everything is legal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I just feel like this Purge bill is overshadowing the Thunderdome, Series 7: The Contenders, and Battle Royale bills we should be pushing instead.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

mr.capps posted:

I just feel like this Purge bill is overshadowing the Thunderdome, Series 7: The Contenders, and Battle Royale bills we should be pushing instead.

As the murder representative, forget what i said earlier. Let's do these.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I have a compromise bill that would reorganize the country into 13 administrative districts and have an annual televised pageant of children fighting to the death. I think that's a good middle ground between the Purge and Thunderdome proposals.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

if we're making compromise bills i refuse to vote for them unless they also include my proposed farming subsidies, defense budget increases, and corporate tax cuts

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Wait if all crime is legal does that mean illegals can come take our jobs as long as they come over on Purge Day? I may have to reconsider my vote here.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Squeegy posted:

if we're making compromise bills i refuse to vote for them unless they also include my proposed farming subsidies, defense budget increases, and corporate tax cuts

No compromises unless they are about killing innocent people

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I realize Nate Silver said there was an 80% chance I'm getting stabbed, but no one in my inner circle says I'm getting stabbed so I think his statistics are skewed and Purge Day will be fine for a jog.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Squeegy posted:

Wait a minute, I want to tack on a rider to that bill! 30 million dollars of taxpayer money to support the perverted arts.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mr.capps posted:

*starts foaming at the mouth*
TWO MEN ENTER ONE MAN LEAVES

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Is that pile of poo poo even in theaters still?

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Trending:

#yesallhomicides
#purgeallwomen
#purgeallmen
#deadhaevrights

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Otisburg posted:

I realize Nate Silver said there was an 80% chance I'm getting stabbed, but no one in my inner circle says I'm getting stabbed so I think his statistics are skewed and Purge Day will be fine for a jog.

more on this unfolding scandal at purgeday-unskewed.net, a subsidiary of Free Republic

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

*on Colbert*

...but, Senator, can we purge the real threat... BEARS?!

*does eyebrow thing, uproarious laughter*

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

paranoid randroid posted:

hi im a southern senator thats been in office approximately since the earths crust solidified and im going to spend my allotted speaking time trying real loving hard not to say friend of the family

Senators get infinite allotted speaking time, scrub.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I propose an amendment that allows for the awarding of government contracts to suppliers of killing implements per congressional district

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fabricated posted:

I propose an amendment that allows for the awarding of government contracts to suppliers of killing implements per congressional district

i oppose this on the grounds that we should be offering block grants instead

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dr. Ron Paul (R-TX) has left the floor of the House after a stain appeared in the crotchal region of his pleated pants during a mumbling speech about fleet footed negroes and liberty.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

i move we abandon this bill in favor of a measure banning the phrase "crotchal region"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

paranoid randroid posted:

hi im a southern senator thats been in office approximately since the earths crust solidified and im going to spend my allotted speaking time trying real loving hard not to say friend of the family

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Squeegy posted:

i oppose this on the grounds that we should be offering block grants instead
This would disproportionally reward larger districts, possibly cutting out the smaller suppliers such as...all the ones in my district who may or may not have funded my campaign

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fabricated posted:

This would disproportionally reward larger districts, possibly cutting out the smaller suppliers such as...all the ones in my district who may or may not have funded my campaign

government contracts imply a contractual obligation to the government, which is unconstitutional and worse than theft and murder

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Senators get infinite allotted speaking time, scrub.

not if theres unanimous consent to set time limits to expedite business

*brushes some schmutz off your shoulder* take a powder, kiddo

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
We cannot allow China to get the head-start in developing Purge technology.

This, coincidentally, is also why I oppose raising the minimum wage and carbon taxes.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
HERE ON C-SPAN WE ARE OPENING UP OUR PHONE LINES TO GET YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE PURGE: YOU CAN YOU CAN JOIN US BY PHONE AT 202-585-3885 FOR DEMOCRATS, FOR REPUBLICANS, 202-484-3886. AND INDEPENDENTS, 202-585-3887.

WE ARE ON FACEBOOK AT FACEBOOK.COM/C-SPAN. THE #C-SPAN CHAT. #PURGE

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Squeegy posted:

i move we abandon this bill in favor of a measure banning the phrase "crotchal region"

Dr. Ron Paul (R-TX) has returned to the house floor with a fresh pair of pants to defend his inherent right as defined in the Constitution to say archaic weird words instead of penis.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Dr. Ron Paul (R-TX) has returned to the house floor with a fresh pair of pants to defend his inherent right as defined in the Constitution to say archaic weird words instead of penis.

former congressman paul has been censured for excessive use of the word "tallywhacker"

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Hey guys, this is my good friend Phil Robertson. After we vote on repealing Obamacare again, we're going to go burn some crosses and hang some blackies. It'll be a hoot.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stex T posted:

We cannot allow China to get the head-start in developing Purge technology.

This, coincidentally, is also why I oppose raising the minimum wage and carbon taxes.

this is the kind of forward thinking that makes me proud of this country

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Squeegy posted:

government contracts imply a contractual obligation to the government, which is unconstitutional and worse than theft and murder
This is clearly why the section in my amendment that places the vendors in charge of evaluating their own performance exists

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

with a block grant vendors wouldn't need to be evaluated at all, saving everyone time, money, and privacy

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
As a member of the green party I feel that *is first killed*

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

eyelikepi
Aug 16, 2014
I think we need to consider the near immediate coup by the major cable companies

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Chair recognizes the gentleman from Michigan for 2 minuted

Honorable Chair, in my district we have one of America's greatest manufacturers. I propose that we amend the bill presently before the body to represent this fact and that we protect all Class 15 and above employees with ED2000 systems.

I yield the remainder of my time back to the Honorable Chair.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

eyelikepi posted:

I think we need to consider the near immediate coup by the major cable companies

good point. i move we dismantle congress and privatize it, replacing it with a board of lobbyists elected by industry leaders.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
hold on, the Purge bill is tied to a 0.03% corporate tax increase!

KILL THE BILL! KILL THE BILL! KILL THE BILL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Stex T posted:

hold on, the Purge bill is tied to a 0.03% corporate tax increase!

KILL THE BILL! KILL THE BILL! KILL THE BILL!

You're not looking at the big picture here. When Provision 3A says "all crime is legal" it includes securities fraud, the best crime.

• Locked thread