Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Somberbrero posted:

2) winvirus

Exhibit A: Buddying up to Mac.
Exhibit B: Pretending that vote is scummy without saying why.
Exhibit 3: Not putting your vote down on me if you think I'm actually scummy and you're not just being disingenuous(also scummy).
Exhibit Next: Asking someone to make a list of scum is the laziest way to pretend like you're contributing.

##unvote
##vote winvirus

3) Actually Not Little Mac.

This is adorable. It's like you have never played with Win before (I don't know if you actually have).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Crazyeyes posted:

This is adorable. It's like you have never played with Win before (I don't know if you actually have).

So condescending.

But I want to vote Little Mac for using "hfil" twice and I don't know what that is

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Crazyeyes posted:

This is not only condescending, but scummy. He's kind of buddying up to winvirus and trying to deflate the only real scum hunting going on in the game. ##unvote; ##vote CE

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Juanito posted:

So condescending.

But I want to vote Little Mac for using "hfil" twice and I don't know what that is

DBZ Wiki" posted:

Hell (地獄, Jigoku), or HFIL for Home For Infinite Losers in the edited English dub, is a place in Other World where evil characters (and sometimes, in the case of Piccolo, Goku, and Pikkon, protagonists) go after they die. Hell is never actually shown in the manga, however it is shown several times throughout the Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT anime series. Hell is also featured in the movie Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn.

I had to google it too.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Oh good, I don't think I've been merked while I was sleeping, which has been known to happen.

So, if I am to understand, the case on me is "this guy is weird and awkward, so he has to be scum." That's a pretty weak-rear end case, if I say so myself. I really wouldn't be surprised if winvirus is scum, on account of this. He comes in with a fake cop claim, puts it on the table in a way that does not make it clear whether he is joking or not, and then calls me scummy because of how I react to it.

That said, I've just woke up, so my brain is still booting up.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
why is meinberg alive

meinberg is scum no matter his alignment

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Crazyeyes posted:

I've played a lot of mafia and I've played a lot of mafia with winvirus. Do you have anything actually interesting to say about what I posted?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Crazyeyes posted:

If you don't know, why would you criticize him

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think the rush of votes on Meinberg are scummy but I think the weakest vote is this one:

kilran posted:

I know it's joke phase but this is a weird reaction to WV clear joke.

Imma vote you #vote Meinberg

I feel like kilran's over-explaining in an attempt to justify jumping on a jokey bandwagon when it wasn't really necessary and he's using a general weak point of Meinberg to do it.

##unvote

##vote kilran

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

What's funny is that I'm pretty sure I got CE lynched in his first game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Crazyeyes is scum.

##unvote

##vote crazyeyes

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Rarity that's not a good vote. What do you think about wins?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

Rarity that's not a good vote. What do you think about wins?

Well, his case on me is dumb and he thinks Meinberg is scum because... reasons, I guess? But I think he's being a bit too obviously sketchy out of the gates to be scum.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I've played a lot of mafia and I've played a lot of mafia with winvirus. Do you have anything actually interesting to say about what I posted?

Nope. Your case is just dumb. See below.

Rascyc posted:

Because what he is complaining about is pretty textbook Winvirus play and I believe it to be a null-tell.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Juanito posted:

So condescending.

Sombrero, you are very serious. Cut it out.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I really would like a votefinder thing to be added. It'd be nice.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Ecco modkills meinberg

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
"Because winvirus" is a tedious argument that is no way useful to town. I'm not going to prance around meta arguments, that is a sincerely poor way to play this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

Well, his case on me is dumb and he thinks Meinberg is scum because... reasons, I guess? But I think he's being a bit too obviously sketchy out of the gates to be scum.

I'm sorry, what? Can you explain any part of that last sentence because it doesn't make any sense. He's acting so scummy that he must be town is not something I can follow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

I'm sorry, what? Can you explain any part of that last sentence because it doesn't make any sense. He's acting so scummy that he must be town is not something I can follow.

I think scum are more likely to be laying low at the moment than they are to be making themselves into targets.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
shall we kill

A LURKER?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somberbrero posted:

Holy crap, you're acting like you're going to solve the whole damned game singlehandedly on Day One or something. Why are you so indignant?

That said, it also makes me think you're townie so I guess good on you?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rascyc posted:

shall we kill

A LURKER?

i havent been involved in a day 1 lurker lynch in some time, name a lurker and you have my vote

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Meinberg

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Little Mac posted:

Holy crap, you're acting like you're going to solve the whole damned game singlehandedly on Day One or something. Why are you so indignant ?

Well, I joined this game to play mafia, but you're right. See you at the end of day with a funny gif!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rascyc posted:

Meinberg

hes not even lurking

i withdraw my offer

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

shall we kill

A LURKER?

What's that about glass houses and stones?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Did you seriously just call me a lurker? I've never lurked a single SA game in my life ole' chap and I don't intend to now. Especially given how much ecco laments his games becoming lurker fests

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Anyway your original argument is crap. I've read games where winvirus has done both behaviors and we have a few people in this game who are more than capable of playing aggressive scum if they want

If you want to lurker kill then just say so

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Did you seriously just call me a lurker? I've never lurked a single SA game in my life ole' chap and I don't intend to now. Especially given how much ecco laments his games becoming lurker fests

You've been quiet so far. Admittedly, you're not the only one and the game's still fresh. I only noticed cause it's not like you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Anyway your original argument is crap. I've read games where winvirus has done both behaviors and we have a few people in this game who are more than capable of playing aggressive scum if they want

If you want to lurker kill then just say so

I've already made it clear who I want to lynch. It's the guy I'm voting for!

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Everyone is scum except for me

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jamuraan posted:

Everyone is scum except for me

SK claim.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
For all your needs.

Remember that votefinder is a convenience not an arbiter of votes; every time I see someone voting without prior unvoting and they're not a double voter I'll be resetting votefinder to the latest post of the day!

Also if you want votecounts bug Ixtlilton! It is his one job!

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Good morning everyone. Confirming my role PM! Busy day today (bout to go mow lawn, then day trip to KC to see an MLS game so there's 10-11 hours of the day taken up with travel to, match, then travel home) so I'll try to follow the thread on phone, but right now everyone that has plat has their name show up as "AwfulPoster" so that makes it tough. Everyone have a good weekend, no one do anything dumb and get hurt like, say, getting pinned between two cars like my friend did in his drunken hijinks last night

Also I don't get all this meinberg stuff, is he everyones favorite?

##vote Chaoslord

Sorry you drew scum pal.

Kilran, I'm also very sorry you drew scum your first game back in a long time.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

It's true, I'll post a votecount in about 5 hours.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

every time I see someone voting without prior unvoting and they're not a double voter

Double voter role mod-confirmed :smug:

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

merk posted:

SK claim.

I wish because then I would kill you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jamuraan posted:

I wish because then I would kill you.

Strike me down, young Jammy, and I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine. *pulls up pants* *wipes saliva from mouth*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

merk posted:

Strike me down, young Jammy, and I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine. *pulls up pants* *wipes saliva from mouth*

I can't because I'm not a serial killer.

but if I were.....

• Locked thread