Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

interrodactyl posted:

is sf4 a roguelike???

no!!!

page 500 snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Beef Waifu posted:

My favorite fighting game is Simpsons Wrestling.

One stage has Poochy, Disgruntled Goat and Klu Klux Klam on it. Basically what i'm saying is Simpsons Wrestling is THE premier fighting experience.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I bought CVS2 on PS2 and beat God Rugal, his theme is baller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVp3meI7TDs

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

My first fighting game was Chip & Dale for NES

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

interrodactyl posted:

is sf4 a roguelike???

No, but guilty gear is sometimes whenever a Faust match gets played. Those random items!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Beef Waifu posted:

I love that even in a Capcom game, SNK bosses are bullshit.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Beef Waifu posted:

CvS 2 has an awesome soundtrack, and I highly recommend checking out that user's playlist. The menus and selection music include the announcer commentary.

As for other fighting games, the best one is obviously Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. It even includes a version of Tekken Force that doesn't suck!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Souten no Ken was great. Never saw the appeal of Hokuto myself. I know that it's a cartoon and all, but Hokuto seemed to have characters and motives with all the depth of an empty toilet bowl. Souten was actually pretty enjoyable, and I don't watch anime very much at all. The characters were just likeable for the most part.

I too love mary sues.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shin Akuma is an rear end in a top hat, thankfully he seems susceptible to long legs.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Beef Waifu posted:

Shin Akuma is an rear end in a top hat, thankfully he seems susceptible to long legs.
Why does Capcom AI always have a blind spot for low pokes/sweeps? You think it's on purpose?

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 17, 2014

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

mango sentinel posted:

Why does Capcom AI always have a blind spot for low pokes/sweeps? You think it's on purpose?
This is how you beat most SNK bosses as well. At least the early ones.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

I think it's because they usually block high instead of low, presumably to deal with jump-ins which are the bread and butter of most random casuals.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Wait Wait last one I promise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9FJGWh5ldU

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Nobody said Ehrgeiz. Bunch of casuals.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

troofs posted:

Nobody said Ehrgeiz. Bunch of casuals.

The bouncer
Ehrgeiz had the best dungeon crawler rpg and way too many infinites

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure Ehrgeiz is the only game that lets you have a sprinting competition between Sephiroth and an evil dog.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

AkumaHokoru posted:

Wait Wait last one I promise.

What? No, this is just starting.

Play IaMP, its the best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m6JN4lIaB0

Hmm, not poverty enough? Okay lets take a step back to EFZ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ4Pa5WB6zI

No? Not peak poverty? Well, E's Laf already got covered so here's some wanwan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W37qRg-rWc
At this level, we've reached the point where these characters don't even show up on saltybet. Impressive.

Still not enough!? Well, if we're down here anyways, might as well pull out MKV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n1BB_15Y7o
Can't even find a non-cpu match video when you're scraping this low into the barrel.

And like, Daemon Bride I guess, which now that I'm remembering it is infinitely better than MKV, but now too lazy to look for more videos and if you actually watched all of those, anime is probably bleeding out of your ears by now.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

animatorZed posted:

Still not enough!? Well, if we're down here anyways, might as well pull out MKV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n1BB_15Y7o
Can't even find a non-cpu match video when you're scraping this low into the barrel.
Man I was so hype for MKV when it was announced and brought a laptop to the local sessions at the time when it had come out. I watched the opening video/trailer over and over. Shame the game turned out to be complete garbage.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Have some SF2 as a palate cleanser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hep0IHwH9oU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
gently caress it, may as well drop some Skullgirls Alpha in here while we're at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx66cccr00s

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone have any advice on Billy in KoF? I have a lot of issues doing his BnB of b,b, dp+b without activating his foward b.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

no play Hisoutensoku instead, it's like IaMP only you have a decent chance of playing somebody who won't rip you a new rear end in a top hat in record speed

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Anyone who would rather play Soku than IaMP is a filthy loving casual scrublord

I mean that in the best way possible

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

no play Hisoutensoku instead, it's like IaMP only you have a decent chance of playing somebody who won't rip you a new rear end in a top hat in record speed

that's like... the whole point of playing IaMP

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Pomp posted:

Does anyone have any advice on Billy in KoF? I have a lot of issues doing his BnB of b,b, dp+b without activating his foward b.

which kof? 13? lol you're playing billy.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AkumaHokoru posted:

which kof? 13? lol you're playing billy.

He's annoying as poo poo and that rules. :colbert:

mountainmanjed
Apr 2, 2013

Pomp posted:

He's annoying as poo poo and that rules. :colbert:

SNK motions have huge buffer windows, but require exact inputs of it's motion and/or the shortcut assigned to it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mountainmanjed posted:

SNK motions have huge buffer windows, but require exact inputs of it's motion and/or the shortcut assigned to it.

Is this in reference to billy's bnb I'm having trouble with, or me calling him annoying? The latter was just in reference to his playstyle, the former is less an issue with the dp motion, and more an issue with the fact that he has a command normal forward+lk that's giving me issues getting out the dp in the first place.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
unless you are fighting someone who is willing to punch billy in the stick.
also the cheat is hold the button for your last input. then do the dp input and slide to the new button(or release if the button for the special is the same as the normal) so b,b(hold),dp input(release)

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

guilty gear, st, mvc2, sf4 (which is boring imo but not bad at high level play at all), kof98, cvs2, smash melee, probably tekken maybe not idk

mostof those games have like a flaw or to but are actually interesting and good.

Virtua Fighter

:cmon:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Pomp posted:

Is this in reference to billy's bnb I'm having trouble with, or me calling him annoying? The latter was just in reference to his playstyle, the former is less an issue with the dp motion, and more an issue with the fact that he has a command normal forward+lk that's giving me issues getting out the dp in the first place.

Are you sure you're not negative edging the first forward on the dp motion?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arzachel posted:

Are you sure you're not negative edging the first forward on the dp motion?

It's me hitting the second b input too soon while I'm trying to buffer the dp motion, so I'm getting b > f.b.

AkumaHokoru posted:

unless you are fighting someone who is willing to punch billy in the stick.
also the cheat is hold the button for your last input. then do the dp input and slide to the new button(or release if the button for the special is the same as the normal) so b,b(hold),dp input(release)

I tried this is in training mode for like 15 minutes and couldn't get it to work. The DP isn't wanting to come out unless I press the button a third time. Which is weird, because I do that for one of my beni combos. :confused:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Pomp posted:

It's me hitting the second b input too soon while I'm trying to buffer the dp motion, so I'm getting b > f.b.

That was my first guess but I thought that would be too simple :v:

quote:

I tried this is in training mode for like 15 minutes and couldn't get it to work. The DP isn't wanting to come out unless I press the button a third time. Which is weird, because I do that for one of my beni combos. :confused:

The game does some weird things with input, there are actually some shortcuts that are specific to HD mode or certain characters.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 18, 2014

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
It was pretty obvious with their track record, but that Kiss announcement for PC was just Guilty Gear X2 Reload.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Too good

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is it too much to ask that they release the latest revision over here in some form, that port is so old that, without exaggeration, there are posters in Games who were born after its initial release.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I am whelmed.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Fuckers even specifically edited Judgment's western release to have an older revision of the game than in japan.

what the gently caress do you even call that. a good, hard, guilty cuckin'? gear-denying?

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
Back in like the 3rd grade I had a Game Boy game featuring these characters that I found in the discount bin at K-Mart. By chance they had two copies of it and a friend of mine got the other one, so I had someone to play it with. I don't remember too much about it except for like

-Only 2 buttons, punch and kick (it was a Game Boy game after all)
-Every character could chain crouching kicks into each other like 50 times (this was the only combo I ever figured out)
-There was no in game move list, but what I was able to figure out from trial and error is that some of the motions were really weird. Some stuff was just fireball or DP motions, but multiple characters had moves that were done with 896P, I wanna say there were some 464P moves, etc. A lot of moves I just never figured out how to do.
-No super meter, but every character had a desperation attack they could do when they got low enough on health (like 20% I think). As long as you had low enough health you could use these moves an unlimited number of times, and they took like half life. I never figured out how to do them (see the above point)
-Game had a really good soundtrack for a Game Boy game.

Well that's my story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

It was pretty obvious with their track record, but that Kiss announcement for PC was just Guilty Gear X2 Reload.

I am laughing.

• Locked thread