Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Sharkgame is the best but it looks like the new game+ thing is broken, since science sharks don't have double production like everything else does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I think all you need for Neurochrysalis is a poo poo ton of ants. That'll be a big boost.

Edit:
I'm wrong, you also need 30 Alchemists and a ton of mana. It's worth it though!

Yeah, I actually had the Alchemists already and am steadily pumping mana into multipliers. Right now I have one Alchemist pushing Rock Golems (to try to creep up to 3000 of those) and one pushing Hive Queens (trying to get much needed ants for more Neuros) and the other 48 all pumping gold into mana, trying to get up to that 42Qa mana upgrade that will kick the Neuros into overdrive.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Welp, looks like I'm done with minegame. Nothing left but building up millions of units so I finish next week's update even faster than this week's.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The pre-building phase in minegame is horrible. I'm going to set my autoclick interval to 1ms and assume anyone who's finished it in a reasonable amount of time did the same.

I like the idea of the game, but it could use a lot of tweaking to keep earlier elements useful in the later stages. It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult. For example, you really should be able to alchemize gold into gems. At this point gold is useless and ants are used for something else critical.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 17, 2014

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Grilox posted:

Sharkgame is the best but it looks like the new game+ thing is broken, since science sharks don't have double production like everything else does.

The advanced resources only go up by .5 so you probably won't notice science increasing till a third loop.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gold costs catch up later, especially once steel actually matters (ie not this week).

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Everyone's saying 'Alchemists'. No one says how to actually GET the things, even the Wiki.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Imbue a hireling to x12, buy the upgrade.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Aug 17, 2014

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

When you buy Dark Portents, a mage upgrade, you can suddenly start imbuing your different hirelings with mana in order to increase their effectiveness. As soon as you hit 12x multiplier on an imbue I believe you get the option to build an Alchemy lab in your pick menu. Once you build it you can hire alchemists.

Victorkm fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 17, 2014

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Mr. Maltose posted:

Imbue a hireling to x12, buy the upgrade.

Don't you need like a handful of Magnificent gems too? I've been source-diving for spoilers, but I've forgotten most of the stuff.

Also, this is the first clicker idler I've cheated on. Clicking is terrible in this one.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You shouldn't need to source-dive, all the numbers are in the wiki linked at the bottom of the page.

For a hint on what to do to unlock the next big game-changer, click on the oracle globe.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
You need 2 magnificent gems for the upgrade, and....5(?) for the alchemy lab itself.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Sindai posted:

You shouldn't need to source-dive, all the numbers are in the wiki linked at the bottom of the page.

Yeah but for some reason I find it [mentally] easier, or maybe just more gratifying. Guaranteed to always be as up to date as whatever I'm playing, anyway.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Okay, got buildings. You can build multiples of each one, right? What's the best way to use the limited space available?

EDIT: Wait, does the auto-smithy only work on gems one step lower than the one you set it to, or does it go all the way up the list if necessary?

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Aug 17, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sindai posted:

Okay, got buildings. You can build multiples of each one, right? What's the best way to use the limited space available?

EDIT: Wait, does the auto-smithy only work on gems one step lower than the one you set it to, or does it go all the way up the list if necessary?

There's only one of each building and the auto-smithy is poo poo.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh, I assumed there was a reason there were 25 grid spaces.

I guess I can lay the five out in an aesthetically pleasing cross shape...

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sindai posted:

Oh, I assumed there was a reason there were 25 grid spaces.

I guess I can lay the five out in an aesthetically pleasing cross shape...

More like 7 now.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

How do you go about getting ten thousand baggers or whatever it is? There's no way you can buy that many with gold, and it's an absurb amount of gems with alchemy. Is there a massive boost to gem production I'm missing? I've looked through the upgrades on the wiki and I'm just not seeing what the way forward is.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

The last 2 picks and an autoclicker, more than anything.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, don't feel bad about setting the autoclicker to 10ms or even 1ms. The wait is going to be absurd if you don't.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Yes, finally got 1800 newspaper deliveries in AdVenture Capitalist. Now to do nothing at all for days on end as I let angel production do its thing, since there really isn't much else to do in the meantime.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
So I'm at the point where my next thing is the pile of baggers, but I have a couple upgrades that need Qa of mana and my production is at 500M + 1.5B from the rest of my alchemists. Is there some super secret mana multiplier I'm missing?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Falcon2001 posted:

So I'm at the point where my next thing is the pile of baggers, but I have a couple upgrades that need Qa of mana and my production is at 500M + 1.5B from the rest of my alchemists. Is there some super secret mana multiplier I'm missing?

If you don't have Neurochrysalis, that's the missing link. You need 30 alchemists and a pile of mana, plus plenty of ants.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Victorkm posted:

The last 2 picks and an autoclicker, more than anything.

I have Captain Planet's Radiant Pick, 1800 Golems, 1200 Baggers and am making no meaningful progress on either pile of hirelings.

Now, I did the Neurochrysalis shuffle and now have 29 of them and their 420Qa upgrade. Seems like I have a big pile of gold and mana now, but gems are the only thing that can actually start the building cycle and they're dribbling in 60-70 at a time.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Again, autoclicking is necessary for the gem stuff, unfortunately.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

delfin posted:

I have Captain Planet's Radiant Pick, 1800 Golems, 1200 Baggers and am making no meaningful progress on either pile of hirelings.

Now, I did the Neurochrysalis shuffle and now have 29 of them and their 420Qa upgrade. Seems like I have a big pile of gold and mana now, but gems are the only thing that can actually start the building cycle and they're dribbling in 60-70 at a time.

Just leave it on overnight with queens, baggers and maybe sandshrews being alchemized and your mages delving.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Put a bare minimum of mages on damage (i have had 10-15 for the entire game) and the rest on delving for maximum gem gains. At this stage your neurocrysalises dwarf the mage mana production.

To further speed this stage up you need to decide if you want to keep getting gold or just say screw it and let your alchemists burn all your ants for gems rather than only having enough alchemists on gem generation to still have a positive ant growth. Also look into if some of the upgrades that lets your alchemists generate more units for the same amount of gems are within reach, that will drastically reduce the amount of gems you will need. I think the 1,5 multiplier is within reach at that stage.
Auto combine all your gems to flawless and funnel these into Baggers. Manually combine exceptional and perfect into majestic and use those for hive queens.

How do i increase the rate of mage wisdom btw?

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 17, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

How do i increase the rate of mage wisdom btw?

You don't. At certain breakpoints (I think 5k, 15k, 25k but I don't remember) you get the usual 1.5x, 2x, 3x progression and that's all you can do.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

PvP++ a multiplayer (:eyepop:) clicker game where you pick from 4 teams and work together to make yours better, or click the others to make them not better.

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012
Updated the dumb shark game I made, falling into bed and dying for now. Maybe one day it will have actual gameplay.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
What are the last two industrial buildings in Mine Defense? I've got Quarry, Wyvern thing, mage tower, autosmithy and Regal Statue and Wiki page says there are two more but doesn't say anything about what they are or the requirements for them.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Cirrial posted:

Updated the dumb shark game I made, falling into bed and dying for now. Maybe one day it will have actual gameplay.

Your game isn't the most complex, but it really has a lot of polish.
Good job!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ignoranus posted:

What are the last two industrial buildings in Mine Defense? I've got Quarry, Wyvern thing, mage tower, autosmithy and Regal Statue and Wiki page says there are two more but doesn't say anything about what they are or the requirements for them.

You need a lot of wisdom to get the next one, like 100k. You also need to level up your statue, but you're doing that anyway.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Cirrial posted:

All the costs are gone and I can't seem to buy anything now.

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012

AlmightyPants posted:

All the costs are gone and I can't seem to buy anything now.

Should be fixed. Sorry for the broken disintegrating mess it's been for the past few dozen minutes, it was whack-a-mole for a moment there.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Cirrial posted:

Recycling sea apples into kelp creates an exponential growth that makes strange gate totally trivial.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Mine Defense is arse. Too many parts require clicking like a mother trucker or waiting for a small eternity. Almost 300k clicks without an auto-clicker is too many!

Shark game in contrast is nice, because it doesn't require (or allow!) any grind. Set the system up, wait for a couple hours, enter gate and do it all over again. Now if you only got something tangible from entering through the gate multiple times...

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Hob_Gadling posted:

Mine Defense is arse. Too many parts require clicking like a mother trucker or waiting for a small eternity. Almost 300k clicks without an auto-clicker is too many!

Shark game in contrast is nice, because it doesn't require (or allow!) any grind. Set the system up, wait for a couple hours, enter gate and do it all over again. Now if you only got something tangible from entering through the gate multiple times...

Mine Defense can be finished in a couple days but has people who have been playing for months and some things are clearly not balanced around actually having to wait on them.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
I played and beat sharkgame and I really like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Man, trying to get over the nonillion hump in AdCap is such a pain in the rear end. :(

• Locked thread