Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I feel like I already know the answer here, but if I have an unawakened water fairy and power it up with an awakened wind fairy I'll lose the awakening right? Or will it awaken the water fairy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I would advise people to stay away from units like Water Werewolf and Water Warbear. Those kinds of units don't really help you win arena defenses. Being able to outlast your opponents and let your tower do the work doesn't last long, maybe into the 1100's in arena rating. The idea of the arena is to beat your opponent. Normally this is done through attacking first and attacking harder. Units that buff and debuff make a huge difference if you can get them to go first and buff up your team. Full CC defense teams work well as your tower can kill the enemies, because they don't get a single turn to act. Units like Werewolf and Warbear are just stallers who really don't do anything other than HP soak, and they don't even do it that well. Stay away from them if at all possible.

I have blue imp dungeon up for the next 50 minutes as well. IG name is Krypi

Zotix fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 17, 2014

Duxwig
Oct 21, 2005

Aralan posted:

I feel like I already know the answer here, but if I have an unawakened water fairy and power it up with an awakened wind fairy I'll lose the awakening right? Or will it awaken the water fairy?

You mean feed the awakened fairy to the unawakened fairy? DONT DO IT. It will skill up(same unit) the unawakened fairy but the awakened status doesnt carry over so it would be gone.

IF you're looking for skills up, feed the unawakened fairy to the awakened one as food and it will skill up and keep the awakened unit.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
You're full up on friends, Zotix.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Duxwig posted:

You mean feed the awakened fairy to the unawakened fairy? DONT DO IT. It will skill up(same unit) the unawakened fairy but the awakened status doesnt carry over so it would be gone.

IF you're looking for skills up, feed the unawakened fairy to the awakened one as food and it will skill up and keep the awakened unit.

That's what I figured. I pulled an awakened wind fairy from a scroll but I would rather have my water fairy awakened. Maybe I can use her with my wind team

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
IG as Kwosge. Apparently 'Two Feet From Bread' is a bad word... This is pretty fun, so far.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Should I buy a 3* Resistant Blade Rune (2) - Legend -- ATK + 7, Resistance 4% -- Hp +4%, ATK 2%, CRI Dam +2%, Cri Rate +1% from the shop for 45,000 mana? It's only 3* but it does have a ton of stats.

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004

Korak posted:

Should I buy a 3* Resistant Blade Rune (2) - Legend -- ATK + 7, Resistance 4% -- Hp +4%, ATK 2%, CRI Dam +2%, Cri Rate +1% from the shop for 45,000 mana? It's only 3* but it does have a ton of stats.

No, you most likely want atk % or maybe speed in slot 2, atk+ is a waste of a LOT of damage.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

You can farm a 3* or 4* rune anyways. Best to save your mana for 5* and better.

Ayndin posted:

Entirely dependent on the whims of their broken-rear end matching algorithm, which they're supposedly rolling out another fix for tomorrow. Left in a trivial defense all week just to see how deep the rabbit hole goes when the game decides not to do fair matching:

Most of the time I'm failing to see anyone below 1k with a bottomed-out rating; I don't see how any scheme that makes sense would do that unless there's less than ten high-level players of sub-1k rating, which I see as unlikely.

This is happening to me too, and is bullshit. I think the guy who said it's because there must be something wrong with Hive accounts is right. I can't beat anyone in my range. :/

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 18, 2014

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Someone should make a 3rd overflow guild or something as I think there are a lot of us idiot newbies about without a guild. If no one bother's making one by tomorrow I guess I'll do it assuming it's not some horribly expensive thing that I can't afford.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Box questions:

...is there any way I can rationalize ceasing my attempts to farm a fire Inugami? The endless Hellhound parade is beginning to bum me out. If so, what should I focus on?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Who to awaken first, Wind War Bear or Wind Yeti?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Warbear, most definitely. Clean shot can carry you through so many dungeons it's comical.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

RoboCicero posted:

Warbear, most definitely. Clean shot can carry you through so many dungeons it's comical.

Can war bear carry fodder ? I'm still working on clearing Tarmon Desert.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Someone should make a 3rd overflow guild or something as I think there are a lot of us idiot newbies about without a guild. If no one bother's making one by tomorrow I guess I'll do it assuming it's not some horribly expensive thing that I can't afford.
Yes we need one.

Morek
Nov 23, 2006

The Crooked Warden posted:

Box questions:

...is there any way I can rationalize ceasing my attempts to farm a fire Inugami? The endless Hellhound parade is beginning to bum me out. If so, what should I focus on?

Evolve your poo poo!

rundxdi
Feb 3, 2004

Soup Of The Day

In as slombo, gonna give this a try. I've enjoyed my first 4 minutes!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

vulturesrow posted:

Can war bear carry fodder ? I'm still working on clearing Tarmon Desert.

Not nearly as well. Clean Shot is the Wind awakening skill, does damage equal to your missing hp on a 6 turn cooldown (-1/-2 cooldown with levels). Water gets a self rez with 20% hp restored instead. Don't remember the others offhand.

[Edit] Wow, I totally misread that as "can any war bear carry fodder" somehow. It can work pretty well for carrying. Good damage and a self heal.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 18, 2014

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Simple checklist. Is your warbear wind element? Yes? Good. No? Feed that poo poo to a wind one.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.

Korak posted:

Yes we need one.

I'm currently in the Gun Squids but if no one else is interested I can set one up. I've been playing for a good while and have a decent collection of guys to carry people through some of the harder zones. Nothing crazy like dragons or what not but I have a good collection of awakened 4 star dudes of all elements that are pretty helpful in most situations.

Only problem is I'm in South Korea. Whenever I'm active everyone else in the guild is pretty quiet. I think I've seen a total of 3 other gun squids online and no one ever helps a brother out with my secret dungeons :smith:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I'm trying to awaken a howl, so I need low essences. But I keep getting mid and high essences :argh:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Zotix posted:

Simple checklist. Is your warbear wind element? Yes? Good. No? Feed that poo poo to a wind one.

Tell me why you heart Wind Yeti.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

USMC_Karl posted:

I'm currently in the Gun Squids but if no one else is interested I can set one up. I've been playing for a good while and have a decent collection of guys to carry people through some of the harder zones. Nothing crazy like dragons or what not but I have a good collection of awakened 4 star dudes of all elements that are pretty helpful in most situations.

Only problem is I'm in South Korea. Whenever I'm active everyone else in the guild is pretty quiet. I think I've seen a total of 3 other gun squids online and no one ever helps a brother out with my secret dungeons :smith:

Hey fellow goon in South Korea. I vaguely remember seeing you in my friend's list I think.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

Tell me why you heart Wind Yeti.

Wind Yeti is okay I guess, but I've got a 160 speed Lulu and I don't see him/her going away any time soon quite honestly. I have a 4* awoken Wind Yeti but most likely I'll bring him to 5* sometime and feed him to someone else to make 6*.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Zotix posted:

Wind Yeti is okay I guess, but I've got a 160 speed Lulu and I don't see him/her going away any time soon quite honestly. I have a 4* awoken Wind Yeti but most likely I'll bring him to 5* sometime and feed him to someone else to make 6*.

I couldve sworn you posted somewhere that Wind Yeti was the best offensive healer.

What's everyone spending glory points on? I can't decide.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

In as Rask_SA in case anyone needs to add a friend

earthdivine
Apr 29, 2009

Zotix posted:

I pulled an awaken Lv 4 water bear less then 20 minutes ago, what makes it so bad compared to wind? I got a wind bear and a fire bear too, should I just shovel them into the wind?

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I don't know about the other bears but ramagos have saved my bacon countless times already both in arena and pve. That bear gets angry when you hurt him.

And then he heals up and rests for another go.

My main team is ramagos/teon/raoq/w.howl and that extra turn from a skilled Teon makes bear even better IMO.

The teams I have issues with in arena now are those with crazy runes or fast burst teams that kill howl or raoq before I can act.

Now I just need to awaken howl and then I can start to level some utility subs.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Definitely never feed a 4* except to make a 5* unless you know the very specific reason to do it. Water Warbear is.. okay. He's a decent tank, but his passive doesn't really do enough for him. Fire and Dark both lack Crouch, which makes them pretty bad, and I don't have enough experience with Light to really tell you either way.

Ramagos, though? He's from an element with almost no good natural tanks, but Clean Shot deals damage equal to your missing HP and gives you an extra turn if you kill something. At 5*, with proper planning, you can nuke something for 20k and then Crouch back 1/3 of your health. It's incredibly powerful, and Ramagos can solo anything that doesn't burst him down in the first 5 or so turns.

e: I made this thing

No HP%, sadly, but i'm sure my Ramagos will appreciate the extra speed when dueling Rinas.

Niton fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Aug 18, 2014

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Duxwig posted:

So is wind slyph any good in comparison to the other slyph's? Seems kinda meh other than the leader speed buff.

I have one who is on every team. He is incredible, even before awakening. Now that I have him awakened and equipped with fatal/blade, water teams pose zero threat in the 1300 bracket. Enjoy destroying Rina, even through her shield.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

So, um, I'm having issues with the first stage of Faimon. Any inputs on who I need to work on, etc.?

Sadly most of my summons tend to result in grey-star jank. Everything that's 4* in my list was evolved into 4*, not natural.

Necrolich
Feb 10, 2010

Who should I be focusing on here? I can figure out best ways to rune them fairly easily but i'm really not sure where to spend my time (i was thinking to awaken the fire imp first but honestly no idea)

Necrolich fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Aug 18, 2014

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

So, um, I'm having issues with the first stage of Faimon. Any inputs on who I need to work on, etc.?

Sadly most of my summons tend to result in grey-star jank. Everything that's 4* in my list was evolved into 4*, not natural.

Awaken/evo water fairy. Also evo your wind war bear.

Necrolich posted:

Who should I be focusing on here? I can figure out best ways to rune them fairly easily but i'm really not sure where to spend my time (i was thinking to awaken the fire imp first but honestly no idea)

Definitely work on evolving your fire inugami as a top priority. Id also give serious consideration to awakening your water fairy.

vulturesrow fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 18, 2014

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

vulturesrow posted:

Awaken/evo water fairy. Also evo your wind war bear.

Huh, really? I get way more support mileage out of my Lulu than I ever did out of my Fairy.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kyrosiris posted:

Huh, really? I get way more support mileage out of my Lulu than I ever did out of my Fairy.

An awakened fairy has a hard CC that can hit pretty hard with Fatal runes.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
When you're farming for skill ups does it matter which level of a dungeon you do? For example is Hydeni 1-3 the best/only place for Howls to drop, or do they have better drop rates from higher floors?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Voodoo posted:

When you're farming for skill ups does it matter which level of a dungeon you do? For example is Hydeni 1-3 the best/only place for Howls to drop, or do they have better drop rates from higher floors?

Same drop rates regardless of floor. Runes are the exception to the rule where the respective level drops that rune slot (except for the boss who can drop any of the 6 slots).

EDIT: Currently leveling up 2 awakened Water imps and a Fire Hellhound in order to do B7 Giants. Combined this with my Awakened Wind Ninja I just need to fit a 5th in there in order to survive. Right now my options are:

Water Fairy (Awakened)
Fire E.Priest (Not Awakened)
Light Inugami (Not Awakened)

I could also get a light fairy by sending out invites if required. Thoughts?

m.hache fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 18, 2014

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

m.hache posted:

An awakened fairy has a hard CC that can hit pretty hard with Fatal runes.

Yeah the water fairy is a solid all-arounder and she's not too difficult to awaken. That CC is really nice.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Well I beat the final boss and got my light/dark summon scroll and summoned..... Light living armor :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morek
Nov 23, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

Awaken your fairy, Evolve your lulu, eventually awaken and evolve your water amazon. I love the amazon for a lot of arena teams, aoe speed drain is pretty solid from an otherwise competent attacking force. You awaken the fairy to get her strong disable in play, rather than just being a healer that scales wrong.

One way you can try to get your feet wet in volcano would be to make a team of: fairy, golem, lulu, amazon. Everything will attack the golem first due to the property relationship. It'll kind of be a slog still but you should be able to pull it off with some good runes and getting everyone leveled some more.

• Locked thread