Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
I'm applying to the goon guild as Cadius if anyone happens to be around/awake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

hahahahaha

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
MisBiopy is currently second in command and can handle privileged stuff, it'll get done. Alcoholic is nominally in charge but iunno where he is the past couple of days (probably Archeage with a lot of other goons).

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I hit level 69 and decided that's a good place to give up until some new poo poo comes out or maybe like a bug fix patch. Which will probably be next year.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Actually I had a big job come up and spent my little time at my computer watching the CSGO Tourney. I am quite sure Swordsman is done with me as I am with it. I set up my bot in the dungeon about six times now and got killed within a half hour by pkers. Looks like I am completely blocked from the only form of experience gain in the game for me. Seeing as how I can no longer progress that is about it for me.

For anyone wondering at around level 65 things like bamboo only give about 3% of a level and guild events are about 1%. This game really bends you over if you can't access the dungeon to set up a bot. The best part too is that even if I cleared to 70 the issue would just persist given how many people I have pissed off. I could set up the bot outside in a normal farm and burn 200 drive and world energy and get about 10% if I am lucky but that just puts my leveling at 10 days of literally not playing and just botting gets me one level. gently caress that noise I am out.

Edit: Also I am not playing Archeage until that poo poo launches. I am in enough betas right now with The Repopulation Alpha being at the top of my list. It is amazing to talk to the lead dev in threads and in game where as most games I play I am lucky to see a news post about what they are working on.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 18, 2014

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

Edit: Also I am not playing Archeage until that poo poo launches.

Same here, been burning out on mmos before they even launch.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Why don't you bot outdoors? Less xp than dungeons but more than zero?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Did this game die before I even got around to trying it out? :ohdear:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Flesh Forge posted:

Why don't you bot outdoors? Less xp than dungeons but more than zero?

He mentioned that. It's half or a third as much XP depending on where you do it, which is simply way too slow when that's the only source of decent XP you have.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

No I got that, but if it's zero because you got PK'd then it's not very decent.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Exactly. If it's not decent because you're getting killed and it's not decent because you're botting outside the dungeon, why even bother? That's his point.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Well as long as two people log in we can out live the Wushu thread

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SynthOrange posted:

To be honest, most of these games are still born. You get in on the ground floor for a few months of silliness and then :getout:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
At it's heart it's a fun game but once you hit 50 it starts to slow down and by the 60s it becomes a slog to get anywhere which is why if you look at the leaderboards you see so many of the early leaders all crashed in their mid 60s. Look at the guild lists and you can see a similar pattern with guild activity dropping off considerably in what were some of the more lively guilds.

And yeah, as Drinkfist points out if you get bored of the grind and decide to have some fun in open world PvP/botmurder you gently caress yourself over with infamy and will struggle to find anywhere safe enough and worthwhile enough to bot in, taking away the slow passive level/gear refinement option.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

the hit came earlier if you didn't pay for the hero pack or whatever it was. Set gear even lovely pieces way out did anything you could do in open world

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Aleth posted:

At it's heart it's a fun game but once you hit 50 it starts to slow down and by the 60s it becomes a slog to get anywhere which is why if you look at the leaderboards you see so many of the early leaders all crashed in their mid 60s. Look at the guild lists and you can see a similar pattern with guild activity dropping off considerably in what were some of the more lively guilds.

And yeah, as Drinkfist points out if you get bored of the grind and decide to have some fun in open world PvP/botmurder you gently caress yourself over with infamy and will struggle to find anywhere safe enough and worthwhile enough to bot in, taking away the slow passive level/gear refinement option.

I still have infamy by the way. Two weeks ago I hit 999 and have only killed about 3 players in cold blood after that. No amount of "Bot PKER" tags or anything prevents people from attacking my bot on sight as well as Deity Alliance being the last playerbase to hold out and they got me on their top shitlist.

I would love to play this game but I have angered the playerbase so much that it is impossible for me to level anymore. I am not exaggerating this. I kid you not I cannot gain anymore levels in this game without at minimal 10 days for a single level in safety. I do not know how much harder the rate gets as I get higher but it looks like If I want to play to the level cap with the current math I have done and not knowing the increase in xp required for levels it is at a min 6 months away for me. If they raise the level cap to the cap that the china version is then I will have to probably play for a full year.

The saddest part is that I am still one of the highest level goons in the guild remaining even taking the week off from leveling because of finals and work.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

I still have infamy by the way. Two weeks ago I hit 999 and have only killed about 3 players in cold blood after that. No amount of "Bot PKER" tags or anything prevents people from attacking my bot on sight as well as Deity Alliance being the last playerbase to hold out and they got me on their top shitlist.

I would love to play this game but I have angered the playerbase so much that it is impossible for me to level anymore. I am not exaggerating this. I kid you not I cannot gain anymore levels in this game without at minimal 10 days for a single level in safety. I do not know how much harder the rate gets as I get higher but it looks like If I want to play to the level cap with the current math I have done and not knowing the increase in xp required for levels it is at a min 6 months away for me. If they raise the level cap to the cap that the china version is then I will have to probably play for a full year.

The saddest part is that I am still one of the highest level goons in the guild remaining even taking the week off from leveling because of finals and work.

Well you didn't get banned you just made the game unplayable for yourself. You kept up with "there's no going back now" approach you were talking to me about with MMOs you play

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Can you not make another character if you still actually want to play, I mean it takes about a week to get to 50.

Misbiopy
Jun 13, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

No, just the goon guild. And we still have enough pubbies that the guild will continue to exist/have a guild base.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

Well you didn't get banned you just made the game unplayable for yourself. You kept up with "there's no going back now" approach you were talking to me about with MMOs you play

True this is a failure of my own making. But I did have fun doing it. Which in the long run is all that counts.

Flesh Forge posted:

Can you not make another character if you still actually want to play, I mean it takes about a week to get to 50.

gently caress no.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

True this is a failure of my own making. But I did have fun doing it. Which in the long run is all that counts.

You achieved your goal, that isn't a failure.

Drinkfist posted:

gently caress no.

My tutor NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Drinkfist posted:

This is exactly why I left. Quest XP dried up and I saw how little dailies were giving relative to how much was needed to level. A few mega guilds were keeping a stranglehold on dungeons, so our XP progression was hosed if we pissed them off, which we did. That leaves dungeon grinding as the only xp method, and it's slow as gently caress and boring as watching paste dry. On top of that, pay2wins can just drop loads of cash on gems and become invincible demigods for the 60-70s, then do it again at the 70s and so on and so on.

Basically it's another poorly designed Chinese cashgrab that has a WAY too sharp climb in difficulty of progression and massive content gaps. It's a bait and switch where they draw you in with a relatively balanced seeming early game, then flip poo poo around once they think you are invested. Seems to be par for the course for these types of games. This and Wushu were my first real forays into the mystical world of East Asian shitgames, and I'm now going to be extremely cautious of them. I'm looking at Archeage, but I'm willing to bet it will be more of the same.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Anybody wanna buy a geared the gently caress out level 69 Emei ahahahah

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

The Quake posted:

Anybody wanna buy a geared the gently caress out level 69 Emei ahahahah

Do you take buttcoins?

BobTheVillain
Apr 25, 2009

The perfect counter argument, coming right up.

Haroshia posted:

This and Wushu were my first real forays into the mystical world of East Asian shitgames, and I'm now going to be extremely cautious of them.

Dude, but Moonlight Blade! gently caress yeah!

Also I'll be disappointed if Grithok isn't leading the Goon Mass when that game comes around. Make me proud, Papi.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Man I get busy for a couple weeks and everyone quits the game god damnit.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Oh, did everyone quit? lol.

What skills do I upgrade as an Infinity? I'm like level 18

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

There's still a few people playing, the guild will keep going. For my own infinity I upgraded the buff, the heal and the nuke (Solar Chant, Mercy and Tsunami). Post your character name and apply to the guild once you reach 20 (literally like in a few minutes probably) and I'll get you in.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Haroshia posted:

This is exactly why I left. Quest XP dried up and I saw how little dailies were giving relative to how much was needed to level. A few mega guilds were keeping a stranglehold on dungeons, so our XP progression was hosed if we pissed them off, which we did.

No my dear Haro-chan.

I am the target, not "GoonTangClan". They made that quite clear with all the pm's and tracking attempts.

Edit: And gently caress you. We knew this game was poo poo from the start. It was a good poo poo. Like the kind you get after a Burger and salad. Comes out satisfying and wafts a hint of fresh produce.

You don't get to come back in here and spin your bullshit like there was a reason you left that wasn't me blowing your world up around you.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 19, 2014

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The issue for me is that the only part of the game I actually like is the Arena fights. The Arena has two modes where the gear and levels are equalized, so once you get your 3rd skill set there's no longer any reason to level. I still hop online to plant some landmines (I'm up to like a 16 game winning streak) but it's become a once in a while game.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

7c Nickel posted:

The issue for me is that the only part of the game I actually like is the Arena fights. The Arena has two modes where the gear and levels are equalized, so once you get your 3rd skill set there's no longer any reason to level. I still hop online to plant some landmines (I'm up to like a 16 game winning streak) but it's become a once in a while game.

You get extra slots at 60 and at 80. And more importantly, skill upgrades work in the arena. As do lost arts, but they (generally) aren't as good.

That's actually one of the things that prevented me from just hopping in and doing arena once in a while; I still needed enough pages for a third scroll, but that's the easy part. The hard part is upgrading second/third set skill scrolls, which take 4,000 KFP each attempt. I was at 72,000 KFP spent on Staff Thrust, unable to get it past level 3 (that's 18 attempts for a total of 2 levels) when I stopped playing. It would take me months to get three scrolls to level 5.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
One of the big killers for me was the only way to get kung-fu points was to run limited, timed, pve instances that were camped by both bots and players. The faux meridian system actually looked really cool, but in reality it's a gigantic grinding sink. Just give me 1,000 points a day for logging in game, I don't have time for this bullshit.

Still, had plenty of fun on my 5venoms and I don't regret playing. That first month was hype as gently caress.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
We pretty much gave up on this game when we made the new op.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

The best OP. Extremely informal

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

BobTheVillain posted:

Also I'll be disappointed if Grithok isn't leading the Goon Mass when that game comes around. Make me proud, Papi.
There better be some thing to ask what it looks like.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I got ran over by life, otherwise I would still be throwing spinning swords at people in the arena. :unsmith:

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

treizebee posted:

I got ran over by life, otherwise I would still be throwing spinning swords at people in the arena. :unsmith:

Hope everything turns out okay for you. :ohdear:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

SynthOrange posted:

RIP game I downloaded but never got around to playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Since everyone here already has a Perfect World account, would anyone be interested in goonrushing a Star Trek Online sperglord's meeting on Friday? The theme will be a Bajoran terrorist attack, dress code will be any off-duty robe plus the headwrap the game gives players when they launch it through Arc. All you need to do is run through the tutorial missions on a Federation character (or join the Feds on a Romulan) and throw together an outfit at the tailor by the time his meeting starts at 4:30 EST so we can sneak you in.

• Locked thread