Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013

Bacarruda posted:

Armored Commanders: Arbite, Soup Inspector, anilEhilated, Chunky Monkey,

:getin:

I know a lot of my success was down to pure dumb luck, but I hope that I can at least help us win die entertainingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I should add that I have just a bit of CM experience - I played some of the original (Beyond Overlord) and I've gone through the RT demo.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
If we get too many inf commanders you can put me in a tank instead.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

eigenstate posted:

There are now 21 on the Russian roster and 24 on the German one with at least an additional 5 wanting to join. Hope there are enough points to go around.

1 battalion commander, 4 company commanders, 12 platoon commanders, 4-8 vehicle commanders per side. For reference, the Soviet team had 1 battalion, 2 companies, 6 platoons, and 8 vehicles last game, plus an assortment of heavy weapons that had individual (probably unnecessary) commanders.

Just a reminder, the Soviets are attacking, and will have more points (and therefore more command positions) to play with. If anybody wants to transfer over, you might have a better shot at an interesting position.

RedFlag
Nov 22, 2007

As I said before, I'd like to stay in for round 2 (as the Soviets if possible).

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Bacarruda posted:

Ok, German roster is basically full at this point.

Grey's given me the run-down on points and I've got a basic force composition laid out. Once Grey posts the map, I'll make the appropriate changes and listen to your input on our kampfgruppe's build.

I have a decent amount of CM experience, so I'll take anything that might seem more difficult or less "fun" to play for my platoon level command.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Okay, we're working on the units list for the Soviets at the moment. If you definitely do *not* want to join the Germans ever, please PM me and I'll get you access to our super sekrit command tent. If you might change sides, then probably don't join yet. I can't guarantee I have slots for everyone on the roster...

If you don't have plat... uh... I guess you'd have to wait until Grey sets up the threads.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 17, 2014

SRF
Oct 31, 2011
I'd take a Russian unit (doesn't really matter which one) if there's still room on the team. I haven't played a CM title that was released this decade save for dicking around with the demo of Normandy for half an hour.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I bought Red Thunder earlier today. We'll see if that makes me remotely competent (probably not).

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Fangz posted:

Okay, we're working on the units list for the Soviets at the moment. If you definitely do *not* want to join the Germans ever, please PM me and I'll get you access to our super sekrit command tent. If you might change sides, then probably don't join yet. I can't guarantee I have slots for everyone on the roster...

If you don't have plat... uh... I guess you'd have to wait until Grey sets up the threads.
What are we using for a command tent this time? Roll20 again? I don't have PM's but you can email me at username underscore at hotmail

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
Im go for any command, on any team

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

vuk83 posted:

Im go for any command, on any team

A first draft of the German OOB has been completed and sent to Grey.

You've got command of an infantry detachment.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Aha! The fascists have infantry!

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

The Merry Marauder posted:

Aha! The fascists have infantry!

Infantry detachments. We must glean every comment for the most accurate intelligence, comrade!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
New threads are up!

Germans
Russians

I'll get on the map now, but I thought I should get this done right away. Sorry about the missed tag for the Germans - its not intentional.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Aug 18, 2014

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

before this thread goes off limits again:

Grey Hunter posted:

Sorry about the missed tag for the Germans - its not intentional.

a likely story :jerkbag:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I'll say when this thread is off limits, I'm giving people plenty of time to get into their threads, as we're still picking forces.

The two sub threads are off limits to the other side of course.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Grey Hunter posted:

Sorry about the missed tag for the Germans - its not intentional.
I'm not sure what you mean, both threads have appropriate tags.

ed: fuckin Infinity.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Aug 18, 2014

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Pierzak posted:

I'm not sure what you mean, both threads have appropriate TAGs.

Did I say I was changing it?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

drat, so many people leapt into command roles, I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only left who's just watching!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

jng2058 posted:

drat, so many people leapt into command roles, I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only left who's just watching!
Are you the designated truck driver? The Soviet thread's asking for you. :v:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Pierzak posted:

I'm not sure what you mean, both threads have appropriate tags.

ed: fuckin Infinity.

Infinity, whu?

Grey Hunter posted:

Pierzak posted:

I'm not sure what you mean, both threads have appropriate TAGs.

Did I say I was changing it?

Ooooh... Been following Infinity closely the last few days, but not that level!

jng2058 posted:

I'll join this thread once my doods get pasted with TRP artillery two updates in.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Goodbye thread! See you at the victory feast!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Aye, Herp Company will do a parade of triumph if we survive the incoming mess. I really expected a German vengeance assault, not an immediate hasty defense!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Aye, Herp Company will do a parade of triumph if we survive the incoming mess. I really expected a German vengeance assault, not an immediate hasty defense!

There will certainly be a parade of triumph.

http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/german-prisoners-march-moscow-defeat-belarus-operation-bagration-17-july-1944/

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Haha, Bac, did you buy that or did someone buy it for you?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I enjoy the preliminary German assignments carefully placing Herp in a position where he can do the least possible damage.

Also players should probably stop reading this thread about now so we can start discussing things like that.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Can we wait until after the map comes out to close off this thread? There's still open slots on the Soviet command side for interested players who want to be more than just peanut gallery.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Nvm, sorted

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Sindai posted:

I enjoy the preliminary German assignments carefully placing Herp in a position where he can do the least possible damage.

Also players should probably stop reading this thread about now so we can start discussing things like that.

This post is really vague but even still, don't talk about either side's deployment until Grey closes this thread to team members.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Sindai posted:

Yeah I think actually saying this is a bad idea, not because it'll tell the Soviets what I am, but because of how badly I'm going to prove you wrong. :smuggo:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Herp I hold nothing against you, but you are my enemy now, so I'm going to call your units the Herp-ees. Please send a communique when you are the dudes we're fighting. Except that might actually reveal something. So instead, just know that I'm calling your pixeltruppen "The Herp-ees"

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

simplefish posted:

Herp I hold nothing against you, but you are my enemy now, so I'm going to call your units the Herp-ees. Please send a communique when you are the dudes we're fighting. Except that might actually reveal something. So instead, just know that I'm calling your pixeltruppen "The Herp-ees"

Why does everyone latch onto Herp-ees rather than Omnies? I like the sound of Omnies, many uses for them. Omni-purpose. But no, everyone says "Herp-ees" for some unfathomable reason.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Come back when Battlefront release CM: Chinese, Japanese, Dirty Knees, What Are These - then you can be the Omnees

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

We still have about 3 spare slots for Soviet commanders.....

EDIT: VVV Okay...

Fangz fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 18, 2014

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fangz posted:

I'll take a vehicle slot if any are available

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Fangz posted:

EDIT: VVV Okay...

And of course in my damnable sense of loyalty I've already clicked over the German thread and seen their (mostly full) OOB.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

the JJ posted:

And of course in my damnable sense of loyalty I've already clicked over the German thread and seen their (mostly full) OOB.

Check it again, you're in.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Bacarruda posted:

Check it again, you're in.

:toot:

And with that I'll leave this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

I'll take any of the last Soviet slots.