Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomandaris
Apr 3, 2010

HiveCommander posted:

Psybolts are gone entirely, and Psycannons are still 24".
5 points cheaper on GKT (20pts), and 15pts for PAGK of all flavours. BCs and GMs still have access to special weapons, and pay GKT-price for them (no more BS-tax :dance:)

No fancy forge org manipulation though, so Paladins are always Elites. Speaking of, Paladin minimum squad size is 3 now. Apothecaries being 75pts, as opposed to a 75pt upgrade for a 55pt model is a huge buff though.

But are we still restricted in Paladins to 1 psycannon/5 guys? Or can we take one for 3? I'm sad they're not troops anymore with Draigo, but 2x5 Termies also works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Are psilencers the new black?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

HiveCommander posted:

No fancy forge org manipulation though, so Paladins are always Elites.

lame

HiveCommander posted:

Speaking of, Paladin minimum squad size is 3 now.

lame, Solodins were a cool fun gimmick.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Anomandaris posted:

But are we still restricted in Paladins to 1 psycannon/5 guys? Or can we take one for 3? I'm sad they're not troops anymore with Draigo, but 2x5 Termies also works.

Two per 5 for Paladins (Purifiers are the same too).

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Does Crowe still make Purifiers troops?

Otherwise the only fully painted army I have has just been invalidated hah.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

How do salvo weapons work on dreads and terminators?

Thanks for all the answers :-)

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

HardCoil posted:

How do salvo weapons work on dreads and terminators?

Thanks for all the answers :-)

They count as always being stationary.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

I thought so as well, but why does the Heavy Psycannon have a Salvo 3/6 option then? It's not exactly man portable...

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Does Crowe still make Purifiers troops?

Otherwise the only fully painted army I have has just been invalidated hah.

No he doesn't, but he's not a loner anymore (finally an IC) and he doesn't give Furious Charge to stuff that charges him. His weapon is just a S:user with no AP, but in challenges he gets Smash and Blade Parry.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

HardCoil posted:

I thought so as well, but why does the Heavy Psycannon have a Salvo 3/6 option then? It's not exactly man portable...

Completion. Same reason why Heavy Grav has a complete profile, even though Centurions are relentless.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Oh, it's worth noting that Psycannons aren't available on vehicles. Since Psybolts have been removed, we can't even give them 'Psycannons'.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Wow, not even on dreads? Is there any decent anti armour left?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Mindstrike missiles have been replaced with S8, AP2 Concussion missiles but aside from that, it's pretty much GKT Psycannons (sword+Psycannon is cheaper than a Paladin so they're pretty spammable).
We might have to resort to Storm Raven spam.

Re-looked at the Fury of Deimos and it's actually not that bad. 10pts for a 36" range mastercrafted Storm Bolter with Precision Shot.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Sounds like Codex: No Fun Allowed.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Yup, sounds like a real lovely :effort: re-write.

Maybe even worse than the last 'codex' SoB got?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I can spam GKTs more which is a silver(grey?) lining but we're really encouraged to use allies for anti-tank. Vendetta squadron ahoy!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I'm glad the Inquisition is out of the GK codex because then when they eventually rewrite Codex:Pamphlet: Inquisition they don't have to worry about keeping things consistent between different books and they can throw in all the :pcgaming: stuff I was hoping it would have in the first place.

Anomandaris
Apr 3, 2010
GK never really had good AT. The psyflemen were good for stripping HP off transports, and can honestly still do that at S7. The Stormraven is slightly better now with the AP2 missiles but still pays for a transport capacity which you will probably not use and one will not be enough for solid AT. I think the lack of psybolts on infantry actually hurts our anti-infantry more. Before I could reliably mow down T4 infantry for only 20p per squad. S4 on storm bolters is not that awesome for an army with no long-range shooting.

I would take the Storm Wing dataslate as a great anti-tank/anti-flyer squadron. It comes with no HQ tax, all three flyers arrive in one turn and the Stormraven has BS2 against ground targets while one Stormtalon lives. You can paint them in GK colours and nobody will complain if you don't like regular marines next to your GK.

One more question, did the interceptors get a price cut? I tried them a little in 5th but found them too expensive for what they brought.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Base interceptor squad is the same (130pts) but they're 2 points less per model. Shunting still works as it did before, but the loss of Psybolts really hurts how I usually fielded them. On the plus side, Incinerators only cost 5pts for them now and you can have 2 in a max squad. No more mobility tax!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ghetto wormhole posted:

I'm glad the Inquisition is out of the GK codex because then when they eventually rewrite Codex:Pamphlet: Inquisition they don't have to worry about keeping things consistent between different books and they can throw in all the :pcgaming: stuff I was hoping it would have in the first place.

lol if you actually believe this would ever happen.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Just assembled my third Flying Hive Tyrant. I really like the look of the Tervigon Spine Cluster arms to use as Devourers instead of the relatively dinky-sized arms of modified Devourers or the Forgeworld option (which I'm not spending $22 on anyway).

Now to paint it up so I can have 6 FMCs in a 1500pt game. :getin:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

PierreTheMime posted:

Now to paint it up so I can have 6 FMCs in a 1500pt game. :getin:
It's not the Hive Tyrant who is the monster here

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

HiveCommander posted:

Base interceptor squad is the same (130pts) but they're 2 points less per model. Shunting still works as it did before, but the loss of Psybolts really hurts how I usually fielded them. On the plus side, Incinerators only cost 5pts for them now and you can have 2 in a max squad. No more mobility tax!

Is this two weapons, regardless of squad size? That would actually make them fairly solid.

Can Purgators, Purifiers, Interceptors, and Dreadknights all Deep Strike and benefit from the "arrive first turn and run/shoot with twin-link" and all that jazz?

Do Nemesis Force Swords do anything above and beyond the abilities common to all NFW (and being AP3, of course)?

Are Aegis and Preferred Enemy (Daemons) still things for the units?

Aside from being an IC, is Crowe any different now? Did they fix his stances?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

SRM posted:

It's not the Hive Tyrant who is the monster here

PTM is my 'nid hero. :3:

I wish there was a cute 'nid emote.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

I got all my Guardians from the Eldar Battle Force, and those should be exactly the same sprues right? I've got some I haven't done yet here, each sprue of 5 Guardians has 4 helmets and a bare head.

On the other hand, the one squad of Guardians I've already made has 10 helmets, plus the 2 support platform guys with their special helmets, my other 4 Guardian sprues are all intact, and I don't remember where I get the extra helmets from :iiam:

I don't understand it one bit. It does sound like the sprue has two bare heads per ten, though.

Welp, time to suck it down and equip a bare head, since my bits are... somewhere.

HiveCommander posted:

Psybolts are gone entirely, and Psycannons are still 24".
5 points cheaper on GKT (20pts), and 15pts for PAGK of all flavours. BCs and GMs still have access to special weapons, and pay GKT-price for them (no more BS-tax :dance:)

No fancy force org manipulation though, so Paladins are always Elites. Speaking of, Paladin minimum squad size is 3 now. Apothecaries being 75pts, as opposed to a 75pt upgrade for a 55pt model is a huge buff though.

"Thanks for buying all those new models to make an all-Paladin army, now go gently caress yourself." -GW

By the same token, it means Deathwing won't be in the next Dark Angels codex. I'm sure there will be a dataslate for Paladin armies and Deathwing, though. :allears:

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 19, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
It's cool that the new codex costs more money, has less units, less FoC altering options, less upgrades and less fun.

Furthermore, I love the taste of poo poo in my mouth. Please crap directly onto my face, but please, no homo!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Where are people getting this Greyknight stuff from, ugh is it going to be the next book release?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Moola posted:

Furthermore, I love the taste of poo poo in my mouth. Please crap directly onto my face, but please, no homo!

same

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hollismason posted:

Where are people getting this Greyknight stuff from, ugh is it going to be the next book release?
To answer your questions:
1. The codex
2. Duh and/or hello

And to make this post slightly more helpful: Codices, like everything else, leak early. As for if it's the next thing, well, games workshop have a helpful website that showcases their latest products, which, right now, is plastered with Grey Knights stuff. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Fucccck I was still catching up with Space Wolves. Well that's what i get for spending 2 weeks in the hospital on drugs.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 19, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

What the comic is that from.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

HiveCommander posted:

No he doesn't, but he's not a loner anymore (finally an IC) and he doesn't give Furious Charge to stuff that charges him. His weapon is just a S:user with no AP, but in challenges he gets Smash and Blade Parry.

Rips my 26 model army of Draigo, Crowe, 5 Paladins, 15 Purifiers and 2 Dreads. You died how you lived, after playing 3 games in 3 years.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

AbusePuppy posted:

Is this two weapons, regardless of squad size? That would actually make them fairly solid.

Can Purgators, Purifiers, Interceptors, and Dreadknights all Deep Strike and benefit from the "arrive first turn and run/shoot with twin-link" and all that jazz?

Do Nemesis Force Swords do anything above and beyond the abilities common to all NFW (and being AP3, of course)?

Are Aegis and Preferred Enemy (Daemons) still things for the units?

Aside from being an IC, is Crowe any different now? Did they fix his stances?

No, it's one per 5 models as it used to be. Still, it's a lot cheaper than before and you could always combat-squad the two Incinerators together. NFSwords are just Daemonbane Force weapons (Daemonbane gives you rerolls to wound/pen vs Daemons while Force is active).

Big missed opportunity on not having deepstrike on the BHC though (and by extension, Crowe). They can't arrive with the rest of the army, which sucks.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

Post 9-11 User posted:

By the same token, it means Deathwing won't be in the next Dark Angels codex. I'm sure there will be a dataslate for Paladin armies and Deathwing, though. :allears:

Couldn't they do Deathwing/Ravenwing with custom FOCs for them?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Post 9-11 User posted:

I don't understand it one bit. It does sound like the sprue has two bare heads per ten, though.

Welp, time to suck it down and equip a bare head, since my bits are... somewhere.

"Thanks for buying all those new models to make an all-Paladin army, now go gently caress yourself." -GW

I don't understand this tbh, it was one of the things that made people buy GK models. I mean I suppose I can switch stuff around to have 2 strike squads and a purgation squad but its just not the same.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Codex Grey Knights is the ultimate proof that GW will nerf existing units just so that they can sell their lovely new 3D-designed hot garbage models with overpowered rules.

:downs:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Post 9-11 User posted:

They really couldn't poo poo on the army any more than it has already so whatever.

ChrisAsmadi posted:

Couldn't they do Deathwing/Ravenwing with custom FOCs for them?

Said custom FOCs would inevitably lose Objective Secured, which means no one is going to want to field them; an entire army of terminators without OS is even more gimped than usual (and that is loving saying something).

Ravenwing is done better with White Scars right now anyway so anyone rolling them should probably just use the SM book.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

LOL and to think I didn't sell my grey knights because the idea of being rid of so many paladins was just too painful. gently caress me.

Guess I can hold out hope that the other $50 Grey Knight book will still have them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
When I got Eldar bikes years ago I replaced the torsos and heads with contemporary Guardian bits.

But the leather jacket torsos are really cool. I have Grey Knights, Eldar, and other armies with potential IG allies, what would look great with leather jackets? And, no, I can't make five Marbos. I mean, I could, but I shouldn't.

Slimnoid posted:

They really couldn't poo poo on the army any more than it has already so whatever.

Is that a CHALLENGE?

• Locked thread