Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

SirDan3k posted:

Also there's no point in bringing in Nico when Clea is around to serve as both audience stand in and a built in "Dormammu wants you dead because you have a legitimate claim to his throne through you conveniently to dead to teach you magic parents" plot

But who's gonna play Ben Franklin then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The Mentalizer posted:

???

Philadelphia's Ben Franklin Bridge!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Theme music: The Crunge

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

theflyingorc posted:

Huh, I didn't know Paul Rudd was a bridge, interesting direction to take the movie.

Dial H movie's looking good

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

???

Clea as an objectophile?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

omg chael crash posted:

???

That's gonna get weird. But I like it!

SavoyTruffle
Jan 20, 2005

~~grief is good~~

omg chael crash posted:

???

This bridge is too fuckin skinny

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Man, why can't people just post pictures from an upcoming movie and talk about them reasonably without taking it a bridge too far?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Man, why can't people just post pictures from an upcoming movie and talk about them reasonably without taking it a bridge too far?

Well, you know, bridges be trippin'.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

The Mentalizer posted:

Whoever man, Dr.Strange don't care when he's got the Seraphimic STD Shield on auto-cast the 60's never ended for him.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So any idea how long until someone deciphers what the license plate means? I mean, it's got to be some kind of "in joke" right?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

SirDan3k posted:

Whoever man, Dr.Strange don't care when he's got the Seraphimic STD Shield on auto-cast the 60's never ended for him.

I really don't think I'd mind a super swingin' Dr. Strange, but only if the reason everything gets completely hosed up is because he couldn't keep it in his pants.

Not that I'd want him to learn from it, I just think it would be funny.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Whatever happened with the Joauquin Phoenix rumor for Dr Strange? Before I heard about it, I had never even considered him, but now I am going to be disappointed if he doesn't play Strange.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

If there's one Marvel character that could have a sentient bridge as a valid character, it would probably be Strange.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
A transvestite bridge?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Danny the Street is a DC character!

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Havoc904 posted:

Whatever happened with the Joauquin Phoenix rumor for Dr Strange? Before I heard about it, I had never even considered him, but now I am going to be disappointed if he doesn't play Strange.

I had the same reaction. It seemed odd for a second and then I thought "huh, that could actually be pretty good".

I mean, it's not like anything's gonna make me happy unless Steven Rattazzi dubs all of the lines but I'm probably a weirdo so I'll take what I can get.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Aparantly Fiege gets asked about Captain Marvel (Danvers) and Black Panther more than anyone or anything else. I also want to punch every loving :smugdog: comic nerd thats "N00bs don't know Captain Marvel is a DC character". DC Lost the rights before you were born you fuckhead.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Aparantly Fiege gets asked about Captain Marvel (Danvers) and Black Panther more than anyone or anything else. I also want to punch every loving :smugdog: comic nerd thats "N00bs don't know Captain Marvel is a DC character". DC Lost the rights before you were born you fuckhead.

If only Feige, the president of development, could do anything at all about fan demand for those characters. Oh well.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

So nobody's really mentioned T.I. being cast in Ant-Man because John Slattery returning kinda dominated the story. They haven't said who he's playing but considering Slattery was 70's era Howard Stark in Iron Man 2 I'm wondering if he might be a young Nick Fury? He's 33 and Jackson is 65 so he's within the range to play him at that time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SlimGoodbody posted:

If only Feige, the president of development, could do anything at all about fan demand for those characters. Oh well.

I'm going to get my hopes up the reason he said this is to throw a bone saying "just watch". BP has been mentioned as a proposed project.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I don't know what it is about that picture, but I suddenly really wanted William H. Macy to play Scott Lang.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bell_ posted:

I don't know what it is about that picture, but I suddenly really wanted William H. Macy to play Scott Lang.

About 20 years ago, I'd have agreed.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

twistedmentat posted:

Not before I was born...:smug:...Oh...:(

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The Mentalizer posted:

I really don't think I'd mind a super swingin' Dr. Strange, but only if the reason everything gets completely hosed up is because he couldn't keep it in his pants.

Not that I'd want him to learn from it, I just think it would be funny.

You should read Fraction's Defenders.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Defiance Industries posted:

You should read Fraction's Defenders.

Thanks to the funny panels thread I picked it up a few months back and really liked it, which is probably why I'd enjoy that particular type of story.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Danny the Street is a DC character!

This is Donny the Bridge, totally different character.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Rock won't say if he's playing Shazam or Black Adam in the movie/.

I hope it's Black Adam.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I hope it's Teth Adam and he's a protagonist character.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I hope it's the tiger.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Unmature posted:

I hope it's the tiger.

Egg fu.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Uncle Duddly

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
He should play The Rock

and lo, the snake ate its own tail.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Sion posted:

He should play The Rock

and lo, the snake ate its own tail.

The Rock of Eternity?

Maybe it's The Rock as Black Adam and Dwayne Johnson as Shazam.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The villain will be Mr Mind with the Rock's face CGI'd on to it.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Apropos of nothing, I want a Booster Gold & Blue Beetle movie, especially if they keep the unsung saviors of the universe schtick they saddle Booster with from time to time. And Billy West should still get to voice Skeets. Also, if they could avoid Ted Kord getting his loving brains blown out, that would be super swell.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

He should play both. Not joking - the Rock smack talking himself will put pretty much everyone in the cinema.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

MrFlibble posted:

He should play both. Not joking - the Rock smack talking himself will put pretty much everyone in the cinema.

I want Black Adam to cut a promo about how "Capt. Marvel is a candy rear end kid that can't handle the power of Shazam" right the gently caress now.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I want the Rock to be Captain Marvel because I want to see him remake Big but with superpowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Unlucky7 posted:

I want the Rock to be Captain Marvel because I want to see him remake Big but with superpowers.

This. I still remember him being the overly-enthusiastic Gay Country Western Singer/Mob Enforcer in "Be Cool" (ie the best thing in that entire movie). If he brings that level of "Oh Wow!" to playing Shazam, It'd be perfect.

• Locked thread