Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

The area in between LA and San Francisco could cease to exist tomorrow and the world wouldn't lose a ton though.

Monterrey Bay area kinda owns and Big Sur is pretty, well, pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

N: Kansas has apparently lost its first and second-string running backs to season-ending injuries today.

V: Ahahahahahaha, oh come the gently caress on, now. This is getting mean.

Edit: V - You got ninja'd, fucker.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 20, 2014

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So, uh, Kansas has apparently angered the AIRBHG somehow? Maybe Kansas looked at him funny from across that little bit of Missouri?

http://www.kake.com/sports/headlines/KU-loses-top-two-running-backs-to-injury-271933171.html?ref=171

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
My impulse is to cackle maniacally, but honestly, running back is the only position KU has quality depth on. That's really not the worst, though it sucks because both those backs rule, but it's not like those positions haven't flourished under Weis. Unfortunately, it's the only offense the team has. Gee, wonder how you defend against a team that can only run, I have no idea. (WVU didn't anyway.)

Actually, I don't recognize either name that's been used as replacement, so it may very well be a bad deal. Could... could it be? 0-12? Has the amazing journey begun?!!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The most worthless and pathetic section of the United States is all of Indiana along I-70.

There are some good parts of Indiana but everything along I-70 is loving poo poo.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Spiritus Nox posted:

N: Kansas has apparently lost its first and second-string running backs to season-ending injuries today.

V: Ahahahahahaha, oh come the gently caress on, now. This is getting mean.

Edit: V - You got ninja'd, fucker.

:smith: Poor Kansas. How will they exercise their decided schematic advantages now?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Thoguh posted:

:smith: Poor Kansas. How will they exercise their decided schematic advantages now?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

The most worthless and pathetic section of the United States is all of Indiana along I-70.

There are some good parts of Indiana but everything along I-70 is loving poo poo.

I-75 through Ohio would like to disagree with you. I've never seen a more desolate stretch of generic, featureless interstate than the Toledo to Dayton run.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Deteriorata posted:

I-75 through Ohio would like to disagree with you. I've never seen a more desolate stretch of generic, featureless interstate than the Toledo to Dayton run.

I realize it's flyover country for a reason but honestly I can only describe I-70 west of Lawrence as something you endure while you're trying to get somewhere.

We already discussed that it kind of sucks in Missouri too but there are occasional curves or bridges or...something.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
So whats the O/U on how many Touch downs KU scores this season? 3.5?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Numlock posted:

The FCS team they open against went 3-9 last season. I'd say they've got a good chance still of getting a win there and topping the over on that. Now, as for the rest of the season...

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I-26 between Charleston and Greenville is a corridor of trees, topless cafe's (i.e. Cafe Risque'), tractor-trailers and fatal entrapments.

It is god-awful. And I didn't even mention Columbia being in the middle!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Thermos H Christ posted:

Ooh speaking of awesome parts of lovely states, the only time I ever went to Arkansas was to Eureka Springs, which is an offbeat sort of town in a beautiful part of the Ozarks. Went to a multi-day outdoor rave/burn type of thing, had a blast with a bunch of crazy hippies every night, slept and went swimming every day. From what I gather Arkansas is not cool in general but the Arkansas I went to was pretty fun.

Arkansas actually has a ton of nice parts - really, the eastern third/Delta part is the only place I don't like driving through or visiting. Eureka Springs is in the nicest part and that's the area that Fayetteville is in.

I love West Virginia - beautiful state with gorgeous mountains and fun rivers. I've never seen the areas where they take the top off the mountains so I'm sure there are some ugly parts.

I've been all over and the most boring parts are west Texas and eastern New Mexico. Route 285 in New Mexico is just amazingly flat and boring.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

I-26 between Charleston and Greenville is a corridor of trees, topless cafe's (i.e. Cafe Risque'), tractor-trailers and fatal entrapments.

This is the part of South Carolina that made me declare it the blandest state!

All I remember between Columbia and Charleston is "pine trees" and "straight road."

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I've never seen the areas where they take the top off the mountains

They're pretty awesome. You stand there like Man versus Nature: The Road to Victory

Sash! fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 20, 2014

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@BruceFeldmanCFB 4m
Heard good buzz tonight from inside #UF program abt how sharp Jeff Driskel's been & how much improvement he's made w his deep ball.

I will never believe Driskel is any good until I see it with my own eyes and feel it in my groin

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Ehud posted:

@BruceFeldmanCFB 4m
Heard good buzz tonight from inside #UF program abt how sharp Jeff Driskel's been & how much improvement he's made w his deep ball.

I will never believe Driskel is any good until I see it with my own eyes and feel it in my groin

Even if I see it, I won't believe it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I realize it's flyover country for a reason but honestly I can only describe I-70 west of Lawrence as something you endure while you're trying to get somewhere.

We already discussed that it kind of sucks in Missouri too but there are occasional curves or bridges or...something.

Once it gets past Salina and you see signs like, Next McDonalds, 100 miles, that's when the panic starts setting in.

I will actually vouch for the Kansan prairie as really beautiful and not nearly as flat as it's made out to be, but holy poo poo is it isolated.

Numlock posted:

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 20, 2014

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

quote:

LITTLE ROCK (AP) — Arkansas football coach Bret Bielema said Tuesday that while his Razorbacks aren't ranked at the top of the polls, they are still rated better than his initial Wisconsin team was when he started coaching in 2006.

"I think we were ranked 76th in the country. We finished 12-1 and No. 5. I know that rankings do truly not matter," Bielema told reporters before an appearance at the Little Rock Touchdown Club. "As a player, as a fan, you don't necessarily see things through the eyes of a head coach. I know where we are at."

You are going to lose to Auburn by 50 and I'm going to laugh for a week straight

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Deteriorata posted:

Come to West Texas sometime.

Imagine this for 6 hours:

There's a reason why the speed limit is 80 out there.

computer parts fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 20, 2014

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

CraigK posted:

You are going to lose to Auburn by 50 and I'm going to laugh for a week straight

I loving hope so. I cannot stand Bielema. Petrino was an rear end in a top hat, but the man knew how to coach an offense and make wizards out of his QBs and you had to respect that. Bielema hasn't done a goddamn thing in the SEC since he joined besides get in stupid slapfights with people and use a player's completely unrelated death to promote his stupid crusade against hurry up offenses. He's an abrasive dick and he hasn't done anything to justify it.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

LeeMajors posted:

Southern Georgia is so much worse. 95 to Jacksonville or 16 to Savannah.

Columbia has some Rush's. Its only redeeming quality.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lamentable dustman posted:

Southern Georgia is so much worse. 95 to Jacksonville or 16 to Savannah.

Columbia has some Rush's. Its only redeeming quality.

Yeah it's pretty similar to the savannah to jax 95 route.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I've driven from Georgia to California twice, and north Texas was easily the worst part of that trip. Just nothing but green/yellow emptiness in every direction for hours, making you think about and question every decision you've ever made in your entire life. At least New Mexico had some hills and rock formations that I could look at.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The Little Caesars Bowl is officially dead, which I was pretty sure was announced like in the Spring but apparently not. Rip Pizza Bowl.

pepperony and chease

e: Seriously, it's going to suck this year getting return flights after the 29th where before I could escape by the 27th without paying absurd rates.

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 20, 2014

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Texas roadtrips are good if you're between San Antonio and Houston and Austin and stop at a Buc-ee's, which is just a gently caress-off huge gas station store with pristine bathrooms. They're always impeccably clean and they own so much.

The bad part about Texas at evening time is that you get bored by hours of flat driving until a deer comes out of nowhere and fucks up your car, as has happened to two of my friends in the past 3 months.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Democratic Pirate posted:

Texas roadtrips are good if you're between San Antonio and Houston and Austin and stop at a Buc-ee's, which is just a gently caress-off huge gas station store with pristine bathrooms. They're always impeccably clean and they own so much.

The bad part about Texas at evening time is that you get bored by hours of flat driving until a deer comes out of nowhere and fucks up your car, as has happened to two of my friends in the past 3 months.

On the way home from a trip to Denver, we wound up driving between Llano and Austin after midnight. I have never witnessed that many glowing deer and raccoon eyes for miles on end or been as tense while driving a car.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

CraigK posted:

You can go ahead and laugh at me that week, too, because I'm actually thinking Arkansas will beat them. I'd be more confident if it weren't at Jordan-Hare.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
What are some good games from last year involving no big ten teams that I can watch to tide me over?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

VDay posted:

At least New Mexico had some hills and rock formations that I could look at.

My wife and I drove out to Durango last fall, and there's a stretch of 84 between Clovis and I-40 that is only 100 miles, but it's the most painful 100 miles of absolutely nothing I've ever seen. Made me long for the excitement of West Texas.

Also the speed limit is 65 because there's like 50 people in the entire stretch and the road sucks, and it's full of cops.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chump Farts posted:

What are some good games from last year involving no big ten teams that I can watch to tide me over?

It's not really a nailbiter or anything but I thought Baylor/Kansas State was really interesting. Just different offensive philosophies at work and K State completely selling out to stop Baylor's run, which in a way almost worked but ended up killing them.

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar
As someone from arguably the most beautiful state in the union, listening to y'all argue about which part is shittier/shittiest is hilarious.

Also gently caress I have to be in Toronto for the Clemson-UGA shitfest. I guess go UGA because I want game day in Cola. But at the same time, gently caress both teams stadium implosion.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Chump Farts posted:

Alabama Auburn was obviously a classic but didn't really get good until the 2nd half. NCG was good. I really liked the Big Ten title game and as an added bonus you're a State fan so you could enjoy that all over again. Auburn UGA sticks out too.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Chump Farts posted:

A&M-Duke if you want to see Dukes offense looking like world beaters and Manziel doing JFF things.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chump Farts posted:

Auburn-Missouri
Auburn-Bama
Auburn-Georgia
Auburn-FSU
Auburn-Texas A&M
Fresno St-Boise St
Bama-Texas A&M
Georgia-LSU
Colorado St-Washington St.
Arizona St-Wisconsin if you like Great Moments in Derp History

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Texas Iowa State if you enjoy being angry at refs.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

Or, depending on your rooting interests, Texas offensive coordinators.

Hmmm, a I-AA back ran for almost 200 yards at 8 yards a carry on these guys and a walk on fullback just went for 150. Time to bomb away with Case McCoy.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

There are no VT games worth watching last year unless you enjoy inept games with almost no scoring. Excepting us trashing Miami which was just hilarious for how they fell apart.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Grittybeard posted:

Still mad.

edit: it actually was a pretty decent game. ISU had a sweet 97 yard passing play at one point, and it wasn't even called back!

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 20, 2014

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Chump Farts posted:

UGA - South Carolina for a first quarter successful onside-kick leading to a sad Spurdogg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chump Farts posted:

Stanford-Oregon if you want to see a team meticulously disassembled.

• Locked thread