Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

DaNzA posted:

that actually owns and seems awesome if you are going as a group but want to split the bill etc

good for baka gaijin like ourselves too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

jfc. what other jobs can we think of where 1.75 seconds makes enough of a difference that your job could depend on it? firefighter? trauma surgeon? medevac pilot?

i'm sure we pay this woman as much as the people working those jobs, though

burn it to the loving ground

"duhhhhh, yeah, i mean, the government loving sucks, the only reason it does better than a private carrier is because of the advantages inherent to being a governmental operator, if they would just dere

no shut up. stop it. i will NOT be shaggared

"ugh, ups has to deal with customs? what the gently caress?!? why don't they just ignore it like usps!"

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I'm trying to read outside and these loving cicadas won't shut up

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shaggar posted:

"ugh, ups has to deal with customs? what the gently caress?!? why don't they just ignore it like usps!"

bikes are great and the usps is better than both ups and fedex - cicadas at 100db

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

i bet there's a curry place where it is just a large box with a guy inside that you never see, and you press somebuttons, and a little bit later it comes out from a little slot, but all handmade

there's a burger place like that
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/02/21/tokyo-hamburger-vending-machine-has-a-human-touch/

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I'm trying to read outside and these loving cicadas won't shut up

man gently caress you cicadas are the best part of summer

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I called the local Pizza Hut once and it sent me to a call center since their line was busy

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Shaggar posted:

actually usps doesn't ignore customs but the amount you pay on most items is less than a dollar, if anything, UPS was committing fraud because they're a bad company that shouldn't exist because theres no benefit to a free market in public services like roads, utilities and healthcare.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
"trash delivery should be a public service!!!" - idiot usps defenders

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

actually usps doesn't ignore customs but the amount you pay on most items is less than a dollar, if anything, UPS was committing fraud because they're a bad company that shouldn't exist because theres no benefit to a free market in public services like roads, utilities and healthcare.

it's almost like libertarians don't believe in democracy

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i had to send an express envelope to central america and fedex wanted to charge me $80 and the usps charged me $25

that's my usps story hope you liked it

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Shaggar posted:

usps will deliver piles of litterrall garbage into your mailbox, no matter the weather.

lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
people who hate usps should move to west point, liberia.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A Yolo Wizard posted:

I called the local Pizza Hut once and it sent me to a call center since their line was busy

unified online ordering is a solved problem but grubhub and seamless just merged and they charge like 18% lmao

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Shaggar posted:

usps will deliver piles of litterrall garbage into your mailbox, no matter the weather.

Shaggar posted:

i enjoyed these posts

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
amazon pricing is really weird.

like the other day i needed 12lbs of screws. I could buy 12 1lb boxes for $10.something each. OR I could buy a 15lb box of the exact same screws for $250.

I know they do like algorithmic pricing but sometimes it really seems like it fucks up pretty bad.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

maybe people buy it that way, I'd believe it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

rotor posted:

amazon pricing is really weird.

like the other day i needed 12lbs of screws. I could buy 12 1lb boxes for $10.something each. OR I could buy a 15lb box of the exact same screws for $250.

I know they do like algorithmic pricing but sometimes it really seems like it fucks up pretty bad.

should've sprung for up to above like 200 lbs for screws and watched her boyfriend give you a discount

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

thats not a good joke

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

rotor posted:

OR I could buy a 15lb box of the exact same screws for $250.

ya this si to catch that 'hey thats a lot of screws!!!!' demographic

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what did you screw up now?

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

BONGHITZ posted:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

BONGHITZ posted:

i built a deck

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

the usps is publicly controlled, entirely self-funded (none of your taxes pay for it) and works better than any of the private carriers. you have literally nothing to complain about here.

grow up

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

if you think the usps is bad, lmao, try sending a letter in like any other country in the world

usps owns.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

the usps is publicly controlled, entirely self-funded (none of your taxes pay for it) and works better than any of the private carriers. you have literally nothing to complain about here.

grow up

usps is terrible and does nothing of value

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

if what you're trying to say is that postal services are garbage in this era of email and computers that is another discussion. but as postal services go, the usps is the best one in the world.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

usps is terrible and does nothing of value

i'm just kinda sitting here blinking at this one

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

you know what's great? fax machines. I loving love them. I can make a physical sheet of paper with crudely drawn penises on it appear at a friends house, instantly, at virtually no cost.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

rotor posted:

you know what's great? fax machines. I loving love them. I can make a physical sheet of paper with crudely drawn penises on it appear at a friends house, instantly, at virtually no cost.

2d printing is the future

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

3d fax machines would be cool but it can't be so slow, I can't wait for like 2 hours while my crudely rendered dong prints out on Dave's machine

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

if what you're trying to say is that postal services are garbage in this era of email and computers that is another discussion. but as postal services go, the usps is the best one in the world.

of course its the best, its American. but the idea that people still send letters is hilarious.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

rotor posted:

but as postal services go, the usps is the best one in the world.

u know this isnt saying much

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Shaggar posted:

of course its the best, its American. but the idea that people still send letters is hilarious.

yeah it's weird but people do

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i may say i dont like amazon, but ill still use it lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rotor posted:

3d fax machines would be cool but it can't be so slow, I can't wait for like 2 hours while my crudely rendered dong prints out on Dave's machine

in like 10 years or so when 3d printers are more common i'm gonna write and release a virus that just prints out crudely rendered dongs, all with slight procedurally generated differences

come to think of it, why aren't there any viruses that just like print out a zillion sheets of solid black to any connected printers? what happened to hackers hacking things just to be annoying shits

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

in like 10 years or so when 3d printers are more common i'm gonna write and release a virus that just prints out crudely rendered dongs, all with slight procedurally generated differences

isn't that basically just humanity

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

jfc. what other jobs can we think of where 1.75 seconds makes enough of a difference that your job could depend on it? firefighter? trauma surgeon? medevac pilot?

train driver

but this is the capstone on that horror story though, the "are you paying attention" prompt elevates the whole thing from a horrible job to literal psychological torture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013
usps is awful. i ordered something from the us(a dragon dildo) and it kept getting returned to sender because of "unknown address" until i got a refund from the sender. i know americans cannot into geography but jesus christ just send it to literally any country that isnt the us and they will be able to deal with it. if usps seriously is the best one around, id like you to try postal service in a developed country instead. you will be blown the gently caress away by the efficiency and speed. thx 4 reading

• Locked thread