Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
Earlier in the show Paul read Spencer's name slowly and asked his robotic assistant who he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
e nm RIP kent state guy

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

One of Aggy's starting corners will miss our game with a fairly :stare: issue:

quote:

A&M coach Kevin Sumlin said Wednesday that junior cornerback De’Vante Harris, with 18 starts over the past two seasons, is likely out for at least another month with a urinary tract "injury" – Sumlin has been clear it’s not an infection – after missing the past couple of weeks of camp with the setback.

"It’s a serious injury," Sumlin said. "Without going into detail, I’d say he’s still a month away."

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
UGA is calling for a red out against Clemson with the tag line "Spread the Red." Sounds like they really just want everybody to get herpes.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

RumbleFish posted:

Grode jar incident

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

Someone read Palahniuk and got a little vigorous with the pee-hole.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

LeeMajors posted:

Someone read Palahniuk and got a little vigorous with the pee-hole.

I saw him speak at UGA during my freshman year and he read a story of someone humping the pump in a swimming pool and having his guts pulled out. So, thankfully he read a relatively safe work of his.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Funkutron5000 posted:

Michigan announced a home-and-home with Washington for 2020 and 2021. They already have a home-and-home scheduled with VaTech for those same years. It'll be kinda cool to have 2 pretty big OOC games 2 years in a row!

Pretty awesome, makes up for Wisconsin backing out of a home/home with Washington. Washington also scheduled a home/home with BYU.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

This will never not be hilarious.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

RumbleFish posted:

This sounds exactly like what I did to myself. Gave myself urethritis by loving a girl too hard. I had burning pee and a sore dick for 2 1/2 weeks. It's a thing that happens.

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

ACoolT5 posted:

I don't even get what this is going for.

I'm surprised they didn't place the Bear looking down on them from the heavens.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Clemson RB Zac brooks out for season

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Everytime I think that TFF can't surprise me anymore here we are...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
As somebody who's obsessed with the NFL, I want this year to be the year I get into college ball as well and understand stuff like the importance of all of the divisions, get more familiar with most of the teams. And even find one to root for. Is there a place I can go that breaks it down pretty easily? All I pretty much know is that SEC is the most competitive division and that there will be a 4 team playoff this year.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

89 posted:

As somebody who's obsessed with the NFL, I want this year to be the year I get into college ball as well and understand stuff like the importance of all of the divisions, get more familiar with most of the teams. And even find one to root for. Is there a place I can go that breaks it down pretty easily? All I pretty much know is that SEC is the most competitive division and that there will be a 4 team playoff this year.

1. The Big 10 is bad

2. The SEC is good but gently caress the SEC

3. MACtion is where it's at

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
If you like defense but no offense, check out the SEC.
If you like offense but no defense, check out the Big XII.
If you hate yourself, check out the Big 10.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Probably Magic posted:

If you like defense but no offense, check out the SEC.
If you like offense but no defense, check out the Big XII.
If you hate yourself, check out the Big 10.

Except last year for the SEC. A lot of the traditionally good D's fell off so there was a ton of scoring.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The SEC is the best conference but they play old man football and are a bunch of dicks so gently caress them.

The Pac-12 is the secret best conference because our teams are fun to watch and the league is balanced enough that there are constant upsets.

The MAC is the secret secret best conference because they are all equally lovely, don't give a gently caress, and end up having the most ridiculous games.

Also the most important rule is that whatever school you decide to root for is perfect, but everyone else are a bunch of dirty scumbag cheaters who would sell their mothers for a title.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

swickles posted:

Except last year for the SEC. A lot of the traditionally good D's fell off so there was a ton of scoring.

I mean some 7th round nobody was SEC Defensive POTY last year fer chrissakes

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

VDay posted:

The SEC is the best conference but they play old man football and are a bunch of dicks so gently caress them.

The Pac-12 is the secret best conference because our teams are fun to watch and the league is balanced enough that there are constant upsets.

The MAC is the secret secret best conference because they are all equally lovely, don't give a gently caress, and end up having the most ridiculous games.

Also the most important rule is that whatever school you decide to root for is perfect, but everyone else are a bunch of dirty scumbag cheaters who would sell their mothers for a title.

This, except gently caress ESPN for their constant blowing of the SEC. Don't forget that part.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Pac-12 sounds fun. I watch the Razorbacks and root for them because I live in Arkansas. Buuuuut....they're pretty terrible and most of the stuff surrounding the program seems depressing, so I wouldn't mind picking up a secondary team.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

This, except gently caress ESPN for their constant blowing of the SEC. Don't forget that part.

yes an important part of being a college football fan is apparently that you must get extremely angry about a network covering college football daring to suggest that the conference that has objectively been the best for well over a decade now is, in fact, the best.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Another thing, you need to hate the guts of whatever other teams inhabit the conference that your team is in, except when they do better than you and get into a better bowl then you cheer for them because CONFERENCE PRIDE

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

89 posted:

Pac-12 sounds fun. I watch the Razorbacks and root for them because I live in Arkansas. Buuuuut....they're pretty terrible and most of the stuff surrounding the program seems depressing, so I wouldn't mind picking up a secondary team.

Denzel Washington came out to a UCLA practice today, proving that we are the objectively best team to root for.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The actual most important thing is learning about each school's biggest tragedy so you can make jokes about A&M's bonfire or Tuscaloosa tornadoes or stuff like that.

Also gently caress an Aggie.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

yes an important part of being a college football fan is apparently that you must get extremely angry about a network covering college football daring to suggest that the conference that has objectively been the best for well over a decade now is, in fact, the best.

...Yes.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I hate ESPN's power to be the king maker, because it worked.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

ACC is now the best conference, for what it's worth

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

vikingstrike posted:

UGA is calling for a red out against Clemson with the tag line "Spread the Red." Sounds like they really just want everybody to get herpes.

Many of the fans I know are dying for a blackout. It will never happen again and it is a drat shame because the black UGA alts looked amazing. Even maybe the black helmets that we did, just something.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
10 days until I'm in the Georgia Dome watching us (hopefully) at least hang with Alabama. The start of the college football season is better than Christmas, IMO

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Texas A&M doesn't use a playbook?

quote:

Manziel has reportedly struggled with the playbook since coming from a spread system at Texas A&M. The Aggies didn't use a playbook, so Manziel had trouble calling plays during the Browns' preseason loss to Washington on Monday night, according to Rapoport. In college, Manziel rarely took snaps from under center, nor did he have to dictate protection schemes as he did Monday.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

KKKLIP ART posted:

Many of the fans I know are dying for a blackout. It will never happen again and it is a drat shame because the black UGA alts looked amazing. Even maybe the black helmets that we did, just something.

It'll happen again at some point. Those black helmets were horrible, though.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
I get to go to more games this year y'all! :unsmith:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

vikingstrike posted:

It'll happen again at some point. Those black helmets were horrible, though.

The black helmets owned, the black pants could go. Unless we went all black, I dunno.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Raku posted:

Also gently caress an Aggie.

This is all you need to know. And gently caress Notre Dame forever and ever amen.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

I mourn the loss of our black alternates as well, since they're a school color and have been a traditional look for us in the past (some of our best seasons were played in black jerseys, actually). Spurrier is incredibly superstitious, though, and because we stunk it up the last time we wore them, they'll never see the light of day again while he's our coach.

Technowrite posted:

I get to go to more games this year y'all! :unsmith:

Same! :unsmith: Which ones are you gonna be at?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The news org probably got things a little confused. A&M's playbook, if it's in the style of the Leach Air Raids, is a collection of routes and protections that really wind up combining into just a wide a selection as an NFL playbook. You call one of 6 formations, each receiver gets a route, the RB's get their assignments. The QB can make reads at the line change things up, pick a run/pass, whatever.

So yeah, they don't really have a playbook, just a set of routes and formations.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Lol at anyone who thinks teams like Auburn and Texas A&M have "old man football" offenses.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

RumbleFish posted:

Same! :unsmith: Which ones are you gonna be at?

I think I'm scheduled to work four or five home games. I'm definitely going to TAMU and UGA recalling straight from my head. Oh, and I may try and weasel my way into going to the Clemson game at the end of the season if the stars align.

Technowrite fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Run-first option is old as hell

• Locked thread