Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

ACC is now the best conference, for what it's worth

:allears:

You darling little hayseed, you!

vikingstrike posted:

I saw him speak at UGA during my freshman year and he read a story of someone humping the pump in a swimming pool and having his guts pulled out. So, thankfully he read a relatively safe work of his.

It's the same essay. Haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MourningView posted:

yes an important part of being a college football fan is apparently that you must get extremely angry about a network covering college football daring to suggest that the conference that has objectively been the best for well over a decade now is, in fact, the best.

The SEC East at least has been pretty anemic as of late.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It's funny hearing SVP schill for the Big 10 now since Maryland joined.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

computer parts posted:

yeah it's pretty cool

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

computer parts posted:

The SEC is a conference of disparity. The top of the conference should be expected to be in the championship game or near it each year. The rest of the conference is middling and the bottom of the conference is going to struggle with MAC teams, just like the other conferences.

I'd say there's much more parity in the Big XII and the Pac 12 than the SEC. Hell, in 2012, 9 of the Big XII's 10 teams made bowl games. That's pretty good.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Technowrite posted:

I think I'm scheduled to work four or five home games. I'm definitely going to TAMU and UGA recalling straight from my head. Oh, and I may try and weasel my way into going to the Clemson game at the end of the season if the stars align.

Word. I'll be there for A&M, Georgia, and Tennessee. I'm also traveling to Vanderbilt, which should be exciting if for no other reason than I've never been to Nashville.

computer parts posted:

I don't really understand the perception that the SEC East is "bad" or "down." Is it just because Florida and Tennessee aren't very good right now? Because there's plenty of exciting and interesting offense to be had among Missouri, Georgia, and South Carolina. Yeah, Kentucky and Vanderbilt are garbo, but the SEC West has its dregs too. The division is definitely more open than it used to be when Tebow was just running roughshod all over everyone, but that's actually awesome (and I'd think just as enjoyable for someone who isn't an invested fan, since the champion isn't a foregone conclusion).

e: That being said, the West is certainly the stronger division and that has borne out in the conference championship games, but I don't think the divide between the two is this gaping chasm that some make it out to be.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 21, 2014

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

I'd say there's much more parity in the Big XII and the Pac 12 than the SEC. Hell, in 2012, 9 of the Big XII's 10 teams made bowl games. That's pretty good.

I still think the Big XII was the best conference in the country in 2011/2012. But it was really down last year. Not sure yet how this year will shake out but I don't see it peaking again this season.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm bothered by people that think they'll lift PSU's bowl ban. Unless they do it, like, tomorrow, I don't think it's going to happen this season.

I assume they have to announce that kind of thing before the season starts.

Oh look:

quote:

UCF's season opener in Ireland next week against Penn State may be in peril because of a possible volcanic eruption in Iceland.

Clearly the NCAA is using its volcano machine to prevent the not-bowl from happening!

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
If anybody wanted to hit Harvey Updyke in the face with a pie or dunk him in a dunking booth, now is your chance! And apparently it's for a good cause.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/report-harvey-updyke-plans-sit-dunk-tank-charity/

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Someone's going to shoot him with a gun.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Morby posted:

If anybody wanted to hit Harvey Updyke in the face with a pie or dunk him in a dunking booth, now is your chance! And apparently it's for a good cause.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/report-harvey-updyke-plans-sit-dunk-tank-charity/

When did Harvey Updyke turn into Wilfred Brimley?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Thoguh posted:

When did Harvey Updyke turn into Wilfred Brimley?

I want this man to talk to me about diabeetus.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

I still think the Big XII was the best conference in the country in 2011/2012. But it was really down last year. Not sure yet how this year will shake out but I don't see it peaking again this season.

Last year was a pretty bad year for the conference. Only one team had a stable QB situation. OSU, UT, OU, TTU, KSU, the traditional top half of the conference all had absolute messes at QB. WVU and TCU had horrible QB situations too.

So Baylor was the only team with a stable QB situation, bringing up a veteran backup, and they were far and away the class of the Big XII.

TTU, KSU, OU, and WVU should be in much better shape this year as far as QBs go. OSU is still a question, and UT is starting a walking concussion.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Harvey Updyke is my favorite Civil War general

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
This is my gf first year in grad school at UNC, and we are attending a UNC game next weekend vs Liberty.

Any potential draft prospects on either side?

...please...i hope?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
PAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL, I done poisoned Harvey's dunk tank with Spike 80DF. War drat Eagle.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Back in Waco for school. Took a walk along the river with my mother and a decent camera, got some great night shots of the stadium from an angle the media hasn't been showing a ton of. I'll probably post some later.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Waroduce posted:

This is my gf first year in grad school at UNC, and we are attending a UNC game next weekend vs Liberty.

...please...i hope?

You're not gonna have a good time if that's the mindset you'll go to a college game with. Just go and eat some bbq and enjoy the game. UNC has a pretty campus.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Waroduce posted:

...please...i hope?

UNC usually has some NFL prospects, I'm sure they do this year too although I wouldn't really know who they are. Liberty is completely awful so no.

Uh...here's ESPN's little season preview thing if you want a few guys to focus on.

e: Yeah Frink has the right of things as far as how to enjoy yourself

Huh now that I look Liberty isn't all that bad for an FCS team, I figured Turner Gill would have turned them to crap by now.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 21, 2014

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Going to a college football game is all about enjoying yourself before the game and eating and drinking as much as you can legally handle. If the actual game turns out fun that's just a bonus.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Here's some pics of McClane Stadium I took all by myself. It's really cool to see her all lit up in person. I think night's definitely its best time of day. Two of them were taken vertically and [timg] doesn't seem to like that, sorry.

I love seeing how bright the green glow is. That's going to be a really cool place to be right after Touchdowns.

I'll definitely take some more on gameday.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

VDay posted:

Going to a college football game is all about enjoying yourself before the game and eating and drinking as much as you can legally handle, and then blowing past that limit with reckless abandon for the entirety of that saturday

ftfy

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Probably Magic posted:

If you like defense but no offense, check out the SEC.
If you like offense but no defense, check out the Big XII.
If you hate yourself, check out the Big 10.

If you like to pretend you like college football, check out the ACC.
If you like seventy point games, check out the MAC.

pillsburysoldier posted:

ACC is now the best conference, for what it's worth

god bless

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spiritus Nox posted:

Back in Waco for school. Took a walk along the river with my mother and a decent camera, got some great night shots of the stadium from an angle the media hasn't been showing a ton of. I'll probably post some later.

Meanwhile at A&M I found out someone stole our dead dogs.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Does someone have a link to the parody of the BTN "Big 10 football" ad that's slowed down and interspliced with walrus footage, fat people, etc.? (Did Gendo do that? Can't remember)

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Real Name Grover posted:

Does someone have a link to the parody of the BTN "Big 10 football" ad that's slowed down and interspliced with walrus footage, fat people, etc.? (Did Gendo do that? Can't remember)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO-QTJer3vU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

That is the only video one needs to see about the Big 10. Like, instead of watching the Big 10 Championship, just watch that video on loop for two hours.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Probably Magic posted:

That is the only video one needs to see about the Big 10. Like, instead of watching the Big 10 Championship, just watch that video on loop for two hours.

I have no problem with this

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

This video sums up why going to college football games owns so hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuPeGPwGKe8

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Not exactly a surprise or anything, but the NCAA has formally filed the notice that they're appealing the O'Bannon decision.

Democratic Pirate posted:

This video sums up why going to college football games owns so hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuPeGPwGKe8
Yeah this is required viewing before every season. I always forget about how great the shot at the end is with Fry covering his ears while a photographer behind him does a 'gently caress yeah!' fist pump and then high fives the dude next to him. Just perfect.

VDay fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 21, 2014

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Waroduce posted:

...please...i hope?

Echoing what other people say, just have a good time. Ryan Switzer on UNC will be fun to watch.

Grittybeard posted:

Huh now that I look Liberty isn't all that bad for an FCS team, I figured Turner Gill would have turned them to crap by now.

Liberty is a cash-rich school that probably shouldn't be accredited and they've been decent for awhile. Their old head coach, Danny Rocco, is now the head coach at Richmond. LU has been an established school at the FCS level for some time. They tried to go to the Sun Belt, but were rebuffed

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Heaf posted:

Echoing what other people say, just have a good time. Ryan Switzer on UNC will be fun to watch.

Liberty is a cash-rich school that probably shouldn't be accredited and they've been decent for awhile. Their old head coach, Danny Rocco, is now the head coach at Richmond. LU has been an established school at the FCS level for some time. They tried to go to the Sun Belt, but were rebuffed

Yeah, Alabama has been dodging them for years simply because Saban doesn't want his skin to burn during the post game handshakes.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Teamcatlab is the best thing to come out of Kansas State since pretty much ever.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thoguh posted:

Teamcatlab is the best thing to come out of Kansas State since pretty much ever.

The K State Mask started off so well too :(

I mean, he was walking around a dam throwing driftwood and talking poo poo and it was awesome, then it turned into this overproduced crap.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

89 posted:

As somebody who's obsessed with the NFL, I want this year to be the year I get into college ball as well and understand stuff like the importance of all of the divisions, get more familiar with most of the teams. And even find one to root for. Is there a place I can go that breaks it down pretty easily? All I pretty much know is that SEC is the most competitive division and that there will be a 4 team playoff this year.

5 conferences are considered better than the rest. SEC, Big 12, Pac 12, ACC, and Big Ten. The best two mid major conferences are the Mountain West and AAC(formerly known as the Big East.) For a team from those conferences to have a real chance at the playoffs they must go undefeated, probably have a good ranking, and hope that there aren't 4 undefeated teams (or more) from the 5 bigger conferences. Also, Notre Dame is included with the 5 bigger conferences despite being independent. I guess because they used to be good a long time ago and they have a giant fan base. In my opinion the most recent few seasons have seen the SEC tending to have the largest amount of good teams (how many good teams can vary depending on who you are talking to. I would say it's usually around 2-4) but other conferences tend to have at least 1 or 2 teams that are really good. Mid-major conferences tend to have anywhere between 0-2 really good teams but it's harder to judge due to easier schedules/less injury opportunities. The Big Ten used to be a much stronger conference.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 21, 2014

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Florida Atlantic to now play on Howard Schnellenberger Field.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

89 posted:

As somebody who's obsessed with the NFL, I want this year to be the year I get into college ball as well and understand stuff like the importance of all of the divisions, get more familiar with most of the teams. And even find one to root for. Is there a place I can go that breaks it down pretty easily? All I pretty much know is that SEC is the most competitive division and that there will be a 4 team playoff this year.

eh, why not some blurbs. Kinda ballparking it.

SEC

Most decorated conference with highest concentration of good teams. Fans run the gamut from the worst people you can imagine from the deep south to the worst people you can imagine from the deep south. High standard for gameday atmospheres and popularity has raised funds for facilities and for quality coaching, drawing in a good amount of talent. Has its own TV network, thanks to years of sustained success.

East
Kentucky - Usually pretty bad and uninteresting.
Vanderbilt - Tends to play very scrappy but doesn't last. Lost head coach to Penn State.
Florida - Exceptional defense while underachieving tremendously. Should rebound pretty well this season, but will likely can their HC after this season. New OC hails from Duke where he called plays very well, but lack of offensive skill players is very troubling this year.
Missouri - Recently joins after abandoning its post as a middling Big 12 member. Started immediately competing for SEC title contention. Fantastic coaching staff but not really a huge talent draw. If you stick around a couple years, Mizzou may take a lot of big steps. Fearless QB, loves scooters and ladies.
Georgia - Perennially about-to-take-the-next-step team. Usually great talent but wholly mismanaged under well-meaning-Christian-coach whose priorities in that respect may have cost his players some amount of health. Typically makes bad assistant hires, though new DC is promising.
Tennessee - Once proud program now middling. Decent talent and recent head coach change seems to be taking root since last year. Usually good for a couple hilarious losses and also challenging a top SEC team.
South Carolina - Once garbage, now led by former Florida legend Steve Spurrier, singlehandedly elevated program from kentucky's level to Georgia's in a very short time. Creative offense and punishing defense, but hits the wall against top SEC teams.

West
Louisiana State - Very well-prepared and well-coached team that makes boneheaded decisions that work out somehow. Usually challenges for national titles but has taken sizable steps back these past two years. Usually has a lot of talent. Head Coach makes weird statements about gun ownership and eats grass.
Alabama - Humorless and loaded with NFL talent, coached by reviled NFL castoff Nick Saban. Remarkably delicate constitution wherein if they are out of championship contention, they lose their bowl game. If your goal is to watch for NFL talent, you'll find high picks on this team usually.
Auburn - Led by offensive wunderkind Gus Malzahn, oversaw a winless (in conf) 2012 season transition to playing for championship in 2013. Uptempo offense with some exciting skill players, very 'attacking' and seeks unbalance opposing teams. Watch season recaps of this team. Also got very lucky at times.
Texas A&M - Enjoyed the fruits of a fantastic, now-departed OL coach/talent coupled with football magician QB and host of great WRs, this season marks the end of nearly all that stability. Routinely has had one of the worst defenses in football, yet won in spite of that. Interesting to see if some of the magic was in the current head coach.
Mississippi - Haven't watched much of them but has spent last couple offseason recruiting extraordinarily well. Should bode well for the coming campaign.
Mississippi State - Consistently having a >.500 team in this particular division is very hard. Team's hovered around 8 wins for much of current HC's tenure. Good, sound football usually.
Arkansas - Bielema is a gross human.

Big 12

Sometimes criticized for having poor defenses, yet still fascinatingly dynamic conference. Fans are usually very good (note the amount of texas team). Coaches typically have a background in offense (Gundy (WR, QB) Weis (OC, QB) etc.) with Texas bucking the trend recently, hiring a famous defensive mind away from Louisville. Points for days.

Baylor - Somewhat stable national title contender with extraordinary offense. Journeyman head coach found a place here and built a monster with a bad defense. Lost BCS game to Bortles-led Central Florida, but returns a large amount of large year's team. Should develop nicely. HC is old as sin though, so turnover may happen in the coming years.
Iowa state - Don't know anything about ISU. thoguh should know
Texas - Ship essentially scuttled by their complacent former HC, still very prestigious but took image hits with beautiful losses to a middle aged hobbled mormon rushing on them for like 300 yards last year. As a result of long downfall under former HC, talent levels dipped as well, but should still be formidable under the sound coaching by the new one.
Texas Tech - Ryan Gosling sends flowers to this head coach, and he's an excellent offensive mind to boot. Team seems to stay out of trouble and never seems to lie down in a football game unless they're playing Texas.
Oklahoma - Beat Alabama this past year with a back up QB. Usually at the top of the conference but tends to slip, is a national title contender this go round. Coach has been there for almost two decades now, jesus. Penchant for losing big games.
Oklahoma State - lost a lot from last year and is being sent through a buzzsaw their first game. Should be better than they let on. Coach is well loved and like is reiterated a ton already, a great offensive mind. Consistently wins >8 games
Kansas - depressing.
Kansas State - Has become pretty successful lately under savvy, reinvigorated long time HC, and seems to have settled into a better-than-average bowl eligible program with occasional conference title aspirations.
West Virginia - Wildly unpredictable team, but will likely suffer badly in an opener against playoff contender Alabama. Offense tends to attack vertically and tempo is (was?) fast. Usually finds itself in shootouts and coach is a legendary lush.
Texas Christian - Usually has a pretty good defense and creative offense, but is a new addition to the conference, going like 4-8. All but 1 loss were by less than 10 points. Coach has been there a while and is usually good, so this is a year to pay attention

Big Ten

While historic and respectable in that sense, has become generally unwatchable as of late in terms of football. Optics usually center on the accomplishments shown on black-and-white highlight reels and Tom Brady. "Three yards and a cloud of dust" was what my buckeye room mate would say excitedly about big 10 games in the late 2000s, and while that may still be true for some programs, these cultures and coaching styles better belonging in antiquity are finding their places in this conference.

West
Purdue - bad
Illinois - bad
Iowa - more or less held hostage by its complacent head coach to run schemes that are shoehorned in while seemingly sacrificing their RBs' healths to some antipathic god. Usually hovers around 8 wins with >9 and <6 win seasons occasionally sprinkled around.
Minnesota - coach is an old timey goober with strange ideas on discipline like making players wear pink or shovel poop, but he seems to have made them a skin-of-their-teeth bowl team. Offense tends to have various formations but somehow still manages to be boring.
Nebraska - Actually a very interesting team, because they are ferocious but kinda dumb sometimes and loses winnable games because of it. Coach is a loving brute and it's fun to watch. They're one of the better teams hovering around 10 wins and their fans, in my experience, are pretty cool.
Wisconsin - team likes to run and run and run, almost like 300/game and passes sometimes. Plays LSU early on and may surprise! Replaces a ton. Don't know much about them otherwise.
Northwestern - They're a better/streakier vanderbilt. Usually finds themselves punching a top team in the mouth once or twice a season.

East

Ohio State - Coach is somewhat hated but also is very good, is bringing modernity to the conference. Runs a spread offense with a should-no-longer-be patch-work defense, and is the most talented team in the conference. Likes to lose bowl games and up until last year's Big Ten title, was undefeated in his time at OSU. Defensive coach is a liability but it's been addressed it seems, kind of.
Michigan - Program has been streaky since exit of legendary coach lloyd carr, but tradition dictates the administration must hire a 'michigan man' so they're saddled with a competent lummox and woeful underachiever considering the level of the program. To their credit, they try to do interesting things on offense sometimes.
Michigan State - Broke Ohio State's undefeated streak in the big 10 championship and won the rose bowl. Coaching staff seems very good but plays a very unsexy brand of football. It's not uninteresting in the least, just not sexy. Strong defense on pretty much all fronts.
Maryland - New addition from the ACC, has some talent to it but has seen considerable injuries. Coach is the most boring dude you can imagine but they have a good amount of top level talent to them. The division is kinda rough, though.
Rutgers - Don't watch them but by all accounts their coach is a jerk and makes things far worse than they have to be.
Indiana - hovers outside bowl eligibility.
Penn State - has a new head coach that may also bring SEC-type modernity to the program a la Ohio State, though the dynamic in Big 10 and at PSU is vastly different. Returns a great QB and will probably have a system centered around that. It's an exciting time for Penn State fans.

ACC

Showed off this past year, with 3 10+ win teams, 2 BCS wins and sweeping nearly all the player awards this year. ACC fandom is ironic in a sense, since a majority of the fanbases are fairly apathetic (sometimes in just football), and currently takes the form in tongue-in-cheek snark when talking about football. If there were a theme like with other conferences listed, the biggest thread for most teams is 'baby steps' - the programs are absolutely growing but it's slow going. The coaching backgrounds/personalities vary wildly from dumpy/combative (GT) to starstruck child (Clemson) to shameless promiscuity (louisville/pitt). Strangely competitive games abound if you know enough about the teams to pick out the good match-ups.

ATLANTIC

Florida State - A good team
Louisville - Welcomes back their disgraced once-former coach, who now probably has one of the more talented college teams in his career to work with. This is their first year in the conference, though they had an early start by creaming Miami in bowl game just beforehand.
Boston College - A mysteriously well-coached team, considering their coach was run out of Florida for being a dud. Biggest obstacle to their success is talent but they've been getting better.
North Carolina State - Man they did not do well last season, only winning 3 games. They benefit from the transfer of hopeful star QB from Florida, the big thing is to see how the schemes and personnel usage shake out.
Wake Forest - Totally new coach, who's 31 years old. Last year's team didn't seem hopeful and this one loses some senior leadership if memory serves. It's a hard time for wake fans.
Syracuse - Pretty normal, middling team. Went 7-6 with a very difficult schedule. Scored 50 points some games, lost by 50 points in others.
Clemson - Lost a ton of talent, but coach seems to know how to put together and keep a good staff. Great fans, exciting football, high flying offense and a purportedly top shelf defense. Just needs to get over the hump with their rivals.

COASTAL
Georgia Tech - nerd school that kinda shows up when they're winning. runs triple option with a lot of deception, and they love to cut block all the goddamn time. usually in contention for the coastal
Duke - basketball school that saw a lot of donations with this past year's 10 win campaign, enough to build a ton of facilities. Success starting to get noticed by recruits, led by QB guru to the Manning Brothers.
North Carolina - who knows. Returns a lot of offense with a dynamic QB but everything else is so young. starts off the season ranked so there are some expectations.
Pittsburgh - honestly no idea except they have WR Tyler Boyd who's the poo poo.
Virginia - can't fire their mediocre head coach/all around good person.
Virginia Tech - Characterized by unworldly cool defense, usually great special teams, and sewage for offense. Maybe not held hostage as a program like Iowa, but led by a coach who should probably step down sooner than later. Had a cute championship display
Miami - Underperforming team thanks to the coaching and administration. No reason they shouldn't have won the coastal the past couple years with their talent. Presumably handcuffed by the resources, but still manages excitement among the faithful 'canes.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 21, 2014

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Do you just glean all of this stuff from ESPN's opinion shows? You're off the mark on a lot of this stuff.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Last two years, MSU's had a first-round pick playing on defense. This year's might be Shillique Calhoun, #89.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
It's going to be 3 weeks before I can watch college football :(.

I hope you all enjoy it without me this year, I think I'm already booked for 7-8 weekends through the end of the year.

• Locked thread