Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gavok posted:

Inhuman #5: Spider-Man's been acting like a real jerk lately and it's really suspicious!

Inhuman #6: Captain America visits Attilan and he is the only one who can save the day! Why is Uatu there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

I still don't get it.

The joke is the very concept of Joe Mad getting a book out 2 weeks after a previous one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TwoPair posted:

The joke is the very concept of Joe Mad getting a book out 2 weeks after a previous one.

Oh, dude, Mad's off the book, it's all Ryan Stegman from here on and he's had plenty of time to get issues done. I'm actually kinda hype cuz he got a character in there (idk if i should spoil this but just ot be safe) creates anything he reads, and that's so OP that the higher inhumans were all like NERF! and took away his eyes, so he has an seeing-eye dog and some words written braille for combat, like Fire and stuff

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh, dude, Mad's off the book, it's all Ryan Stegman from here on and he's had plenty of time to get issues done. I'm actually kinda hype cuz he got a character in there (idk if i should spoil this but just ot be safe) creates anything he reads, and that's so OP that the higher inhumans were all like NERF! and took away his eyes, so he has an seeing-eye dog and some words written braille for combat, like Fire and stuff

I can't say I blame them, if he creates what he reads then him reading something like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_vacuum#Vacuum_metastability_event would not be good for the world.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Metal Loaf posted:

I like Joe Mad's art well enough, but is he just really slow, or does he have a really bad work ethic? I've heard plenty about the "Joe Mad didn't finish a comic because he was too busy playing FF7" meme, but sure that was almost 20 years ago?

He's just really bad at video games okay?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You'd think that guy would get loads of people bugging him with requests written in braille all the time. 'Tame... riding... T-Rex...'

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

If you're not taking can I because I need it.

I responded to your PM, but yeah, go ahead and take it.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

IUG posted:

I responded to your PM, but yeah, go ahead and take it.

Unfortunately it's apparently too big.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

Unfortunately it's apparently too big.

Here it is in jpg form, should fit fine.

(Give it a second, sticking it to the post as an attachment.)

EDIT: Eh, it's taking too long and I'm inpatient.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IUG fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 16, 2014

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking

Defenders 149

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Why did Angel steal Ray Charles' glasses?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Silhouette posted:

Why did Angel steal Ray Charles' glasses?

At this point, he was blind, due to a Dragon of the Moon-possessed Moondragon (say THAT three times fast) having blasted him.

Which isn't all that funny a panel, so I'll throw in some Flaming Carrot #16.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Armstrong feels the same way about time travel as we do.
Archer and Armstrong #23

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

delfin posted:

At this point, he was blind, due to a Dragon of the Moon-possessed Moondragon (say THAT three times fast) having blasted him.

... wait, if Angel is blind, why is he piloting a plane (or whatever he's holding the control yoke for in the original panel)?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Selachian posted:

... wait, if Angel is blind, why is he piloting a plane (or whatever he's holding the control yoke for in the original panel)?

Anything is possible if you believe in yourself.

Source: Daredevil: Born Again

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer

Archyduke posted:

Anything is possible if you believe in yourself.

Source: Daredevil: Born Again

It would be great if Nuke was just passed out drunk and Daredevil was trying to get him home before Mrs. Nuke finds out they were at the strip club.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Is that Moon Knight's cab?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

corillon posted:

It would be great if Nuke was just passed out drunk and Daredevil was trying to get him home before Mrs. Nuke finds out they were at the strip club.
Reminded me Marvel Team Up #88.
Sue Storm handed the wheel to Spider-Man in the middle of a high-speed chase through the city.
This is how it ended.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Say Nothing posted:

Reminded me Marvel Team Up #88.
Sue Storm handed the wheel to Spider-Man in the middle of a high-speed chase through the city.
This is how it ended.

Fast learner.

(Spider-Man & Human Torch #5)

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Ahahaha I should really get around to reading that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Archyduke posted:

Fast learner.

(Spider-Man & Human Torch #5)

The Spider-mobile is the stupidest thing ever, but damned if I don't love it when it makes an appearance. It happens just rarely enough for it to not get old.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New Avengers #23: Doom Cares

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
:allears: Dr. Doom is the best comic book character of all time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
After this issue I am pretty sure Richards would trust Doom over Namor.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

"Shut up, Victor" and their faces in that last panel are just great.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

New Avengers #23: Doom Cares

Read Reed's first bubble as "we're just here to see y'all", and I am super upset that I was wrong. :(

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
"Here in Latveria, Doom demands that children always get a good night's sleep" is a loving great Doctor Doom line.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Thought you guys might be interested in this. Marvel is releasing cheaper quality TPBs at Wal-Mart for $5 apiece.

http://comicsbeat.com/marvel-returns-to-walmart-with-clearance-prices/

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

10 Beers posted:

Thought you guys might be interested in this.

Is it a funny panel?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Gavok posted:

Is it a funny panel?

Well, I'm sure some of these cheap collections have funny panels in them. I just thought since people often talk about wanting TPBs, and TPBs are expensive, folks might like to know they have a more economic alternative now. My bad.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

10 Beers posted:

Well, I'm sure some of these cheap collections have funny panels in them. I just thought since people often talk about wanting TPBs, and TPBs are expensive, folks might like to know they have a more economic alternative now. My bad.

This is just a silly thread to put it in, you silly person. General chat thread makes a lot more sense.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

This is just a silly thread to put it in, you silly person. General chat thread makes a lot more sense.

Oh... yeah, I guess it does. I really only read this thread, the badass panels thread, and the touching panels thread. Good point, though!

Fixed Expression
Nov 9, 2009
Incredible Hercules #134

The runes on that anvil read "Acme Anvil Company"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bobkatt013 posted:

After this issue I am pretty sure Richards would trust Doom over Namor.

Doom never tried to sleep with his wife, so I think that was already a given.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fixed Expression posted:

Incredible Hercules #134

The runes on that anvil read "Acme Anvil Company"
I love this sort of joke.
Not a comic strip, but adventure time has done this a few times.

Runes on sword read "I am a skeleton. I wish I had skin".

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Zero_Tactility posted:

"Here in Latveria, Doom demands that children always get a good night's sleep" is a loving great Doctor Doom line.

It makes me imagine a slumber party where kids are staying up too late then suddenly Doombots kick down the doors and swarm the place at 10 PM.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm imagining a slumber party going on when 10 PM hits and the camera pans over to Doom himself, standing in the corner, arms crossed, glowering at the room.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I'm imagining a slumber party where Doom is being given a makeover.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
"Doom requires no makeover! Doom is the embodiment of perfection! To question this is treason!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

I'm imagining a slumber party where Doom is being given a makeover.
Wanna see that mask covered with lipstick and blush.

• Locked thread