Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

yeah, so some polish firm is making a witcher movie. the witcher games are very good (esp the first), but video games movies have always been bad and i'm wondering what you guys think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
they already made 2 lmao

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

when I was a kid i found a book of nothing but racist poland jokes and read every page

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

when I was a kid i found a book of nothing but racist poland jokes and read every page
that was an fyad thread

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Perhaps, OP, but as I hate the Witcher and before that, I also hate movies, I couldn't be less interested in the fate of the movie about it.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

whats wrong with the witcher wormskull

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope its just 3 hours of picking flowers and arm wrestling

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
It probably won't be released

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's to much tedious crap in between the crap that's worth it about the game, which is choices during cutscenes that I made according to what I thought would make me have to play the least of the other stuff in the game, such as fighting, walking, making potions, crafting, visiting dungeons, etc.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I give them credit for letting me avoid probably a lot of the game that way but uhhh lol.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

the prologue and first act are rough and combat is wonky, so I understand what you're saying.

I feel like if the third is a mix of the first's atmosphere/morally gray options/alchemy system and the second's combat/boss mechanics then it will be a great game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

LaTex Fetish posted:

the prologue and first act are rough and combat is wonky, so I understand what you're saying.

I feel like if the third is a mix of the first's atmosphere/morally gray options/alchemy system and the second's combat/boss mechanics then it will be a great game

The combat in the Witcher 2 sucked huge amounts of rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I didn't play the first one long enough to know if the combat sucked old man balls but if it's worse than 2's then lol.

Dec 26, 2012

the first one has really fuckin weird combat, which i didnt mind because spamming group style + the fire spell got me by any encounter worth caring about but i would have rather had it be like worthwhile. i like the games atmosphere though and it has a lot of charm to it that the second was lacking

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Rated R for sex

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The sex scene's were bizarre and more nerve-wracking then alluring so I took every opportunity to avoid them after I seen the first one.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Who cares. The Witcher is the most overrated garbage franchise on the pc. Polish people are retarded and can't make anything good, their worse than the drat germans.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The combat in the Witcher 2 sucked huge amounts of rear end.

looks like someone's a casual scrub who got put into 'easy' mode in the tutorial

Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa

Ragg posted:

Who cares. The Witcher is the most overrated garbage franchise on the pc. Polish people are retarded and can't make anything good, their worse than the drat germans.

Whoa, calm down there, "Adolph"! :godwinning:

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Chelovek-Govno posted:

Whoa, calm down there, "Adolph"! :godwinning:

gently caress off

Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa

LaTex Fetish posted:

gently caress off

Are you upset? ;)

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
why would anyone want to make another witcher movie, when this masterpiece exists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg6bz4x8Rvo&t=97s

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

lol if you still watch movies of any kind

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Wormskull posted:

I didn't play the first one long enough to know if the combat sucked old man balls but if it's worse than 2's then lol.

the combat in the witcher 1 is incredibly retarded and boring, and every fight is the same

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

conceitedguy posted:

the combat in the witcher 1 is incredibly retarded and boring, and every fight is the same

Sound's like Witcher 2.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Sound's like Witcher 2.

They're the same.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

nah the combat in the second is actually really good and way better.

people have a problem with its difficulty but that's not a problem with the combat, that's a problem with the player imo

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

sounds to me like this witcher series could use a bit more polish

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

LaTex Fetish posted:

nah the combat in the second is actually really good and way better.

people have a problem with its difficulty but that's not a problem with the combat, that's a problem with the player imo

In the Witcher 2 even on the high difficulties every area is like one type of enemy and when you learn to fight it the first time it's just a bore doing it every other time, IMO.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Different amounts and "configurations" of encounters mostly just meant more kiting when I played it.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Wormskull posted:

In the Witcher 2 even on the high difficulties every area is like one type of enemy and when you learn to fight it the first time it's just a bore doing it every other time, IMO.

i mean its an rpg what do you expect?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
until you upgrade your Quen then you can just button mash through every encounter and the game stops being fun.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

until you upgrade your Quen then you can just button mash through every encounter and the game stops being fun.

LaTex Fetish posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

LaTex Fetish posted:

I dunno. In top down ones and crap, heck even sometimes in Diablo, different encounters are played a little differently.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

every rpg i've ever played there's always a new enemy in the new area and some old enemies too and you learn to fight them and then you move to the next area.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i get what you're saying, but that's pretty much the core of rpgs. move to a new area, there's a new guy you gotta figure out how to kill and then you move on and might see it again later

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

LaTex Fetish posted:

every rpg i've ever played there's always a new enemy in the new area and some old enemies too and you learn to fight them and then you move to the next area.

In the Witcher there's a Zombie area, then there's a Harpy area, then there's a Humans area, and so on, and you only fight the respective monster in there areas, and you do it more than just once, making it a pain in the rear end since once is enough.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The human areas at least have the decency to have archers and sword men but, that said, many of them you can literally keep pressing the mouse button and you'll travel almost from the beginning of the area to the next story cutscene without even touching the keyboard, lol.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
The Witcher series sucks major balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
that tutorial battle in one that goes on for two - three hours is just about the worst introduction to a modern game

• Locked thread