Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
wait is there soemething different about US Dr Pepper than UK Dr Pepper cause we've had it here forever

also OP check out http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/

They have a store in Birmingham, four in London and one in Brighton but they do mail order too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana

Earwicker posted:

what I don't understand about American snakcs is why we don't have bacon flavored potato chips

Americans love bacon

Americans love potato chips

but I've only ever seen them in the UK and a few other countries. They are good and would probably make a killing over here :confused:

I work for a vending company, this is one of those loving super-popular items that make me work harder instead of chilling in my sweet work van.

Coffee Wolf fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 24, 2014

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

there are literally no good american snacks.

except cheetos. those are loving amazing.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Only Americans will understand.

I would like to see the look on an Italian's face the first time they see an american dip a slice of pizza into some hidden valley ranch.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I doubt that you get these wherever you are, but they are fantastic, and apparently vegan too.

http://store.veganessentials.com/maple-bacon-kettle-brand-potato-chips-p4035.aspx

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

brokenknee posted:

there are literally no good american snacks.

except cheetos. those are loving amazing.

Changing my answer to this.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Ruby Red Squirt, not that you'd appreciate it you pinko commie eurofag.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hobohemian posted:

I would like to see the look on an Italian's face the first time they see an american dip a slice of pizza into some hidden valley ranch.

I'm Italian-American and I cringe everytime I see someone do that.
ranch is for veggies not pizza

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
http://i.imgur.com/ZVJhSGI.jpg

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Noice.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

mcustic posted:

Ben&Jerry's ice cream, Bud and Miller are confirmed. I will definitely ask for fancier beers. Are the ones mentioned a few posts up common enough to be widely available?

Don't bother with bud and miller. just piss in a glass and drink it.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

hostess snack products are gross, but an intrinsic part of our national history imo

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hobohemian posted:

Here you go:
:vince:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

brokenknee posted:

Don't bother with bud and miller. just piss in a glass and drink it.

AngryFeet
Sep 3, 2009
Most American snacks are based on cinnamon and/or peanuts. So if you're not a fan of either then you're screwed.

The only thing I'd recommend trying is a Krispy Kreme. They're delicious, but they've got like a weeks worth of calories so you can eat one and then experience the shame of obesity.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Lawman 0 posted:

ranch is for absolutely nothing use blue cheese dressing instead.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
don't waste time on bud or miller go straight for some old english and mickey's also CORN NUTS and BEER NUTS

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

TOILETLORD posted:

don't waste time on bud or light go straight for some old english and mickey's also CORN NUTS and BEER NUTS

Mickey's is for pussies. OE or Steel Reserve.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Hobohemian posted:

Mickey's is for pussies. OE or Steel Reserve.

i prefer 40's of oe to steel reserve

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

TOILETLORD posted:

i prefer 40's of oe to steel reserve

I prefer SR, but I respect your opinion.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Drink Moxie, I think people prescribed as medicine back in the day and it tastes weird and isn't really all that pleasant to drink and it's so carbonated it actually kinda hurts, but it does have a really loving striking color scheme and label, and is a national icon.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
OP, See if they can get you some of this.

It's a local favorite in Michigan and Ohio. It's spicy, more like true ginger beer than the sickly sweet, weak rear end "Ginger Ale" most Americans drink. It also has a little vanilla/oak aftertaste from the syrup being aged in oak barrels for one year before bottling. I grew up with it here in Ohio.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Aug 24, 2014

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

MullardEL34 posted:

It's a local favorite in Michigan and Ohio. It's spicy, more like true ginger beer than the sickly sweet, weak rear end "Ginger Ale" most Americans drink. It also has a little vanilla/oak aftertaste from the syrup being aged in oak barrels for one year before bottling. I grew up with it here in Ohio.

That is loving garbage ginger ale. Get Ale-8-One for some real goddamn poo poo that goes good with Kentucky bourbon.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MullardEL34 posted:

you know you can get ginger beer if u dont live in a complete wasteland

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Hobohemian posted:

That is loving garbage ginger ale. Get Ale-8-One for some real goddamn poo poo that goes good with Kentucky bourbon.

Sometimes you enjoy things you grew up with. Vernor's is miles better than the garbage ginger scented sugar water most people in the US drink. Ale-8-One is also pretty loving good.

shiksa posted:

you know you can get ginger beer if u dont live in a complete wasteland

I have a six pack of Barrit's and Bundaberg in the fridge. Dark N' Stormy's rule.

Also, OP, you could go for our favorite old timey, charmingly racist Cherry soda, Cherikee Red. It's a Cleveland area favorite. Goes great with our Major League baseball team!

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 24, 2014

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

ranch is for veggies not pizza

If you don't like the way we eat ranch maybe go back to your lovely boot country fascist

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

Hobohemian posted:

They gel up their hair, grab some spray on tan, and immediately convert to being italian-American.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Earwicker posted:

what I don't understand about American snakcs is why we don't have bacon flavored potato chips

Americans love bacon

Americans love potato chips

but I've only ever seen them in the UK and a few other countries. They are good and would probably make a killing over here :confused:

TOILETLORD posted:

don't taste right. i can get 2 pounds of bacon for under 6 dollars. i can get less potato chips for the same money.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007

mcustic posted:

Ben&Jerry's ice cream, Bud and Miller are confirmed. I will definitely ask for fancier beers. Are the ones mentioned a few posts up common enough to be widely available?

Stone has or is about to have a brewery in Germany, so keep an eye out for their stuff as it may end up being a bit more accessible.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

ManMythLegend posted:

Seriously, these are the proest potato chips.

nope its utz crab chips.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
fried poorbaby softspot

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
also make some pigs in a blanket. and eat it with a can of hormel chili.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

mcustic posted:

... Dr Pepper tastes gross to my euro palate, and A&W Cream Soda is somehow even worse, like rancid carbonated custard. I poured both of them down the drain. Mountain Dew is kind of 7up-ish, but sweeter and with a really cool color. I might buy that one again.

I'm in a similar position with American sodas here in Australia (all loosely termed 'lemonade' here, even those containing no lemon). There's a sad dearth of other caffeinated fizzy beverages generally available, and I do like my dose.

Mountain Dew manufactured locally now comes with caffeine as of only recently.

Cherry Coke is available imported at rare shops. Though initially I found it too reminiscent of the cherry-flavoured worm medicine my mother dosed us with as kids, the taste grew on me.

Dr Pepper is available at a U.S. confectionary import shop near me, and seems to taste fairly similar to Cherry Coke, maybe I'm tasting the corn syrup and the palate will improve. I like the taste though. They also sell the diet version, I'll be buying a case of that every time I go by.

Like many Americans, I love large fat-filled fast food meals washed down with diet soda.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

Like many Americans, I love large fat-filled fast food meals washed down with diet soda.

That's the spirit, gotta stay healthy. :haw:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
you can get tiny dr. peppers made with imperial sugar

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

remember 3D doritos? those were cool.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

BKPR posted:

remember a bag of Doritos dust? it were cool.

Fix that for you. :colbert:

ropa
Sep 7, 2006
Skittles, green envolope, and Froot Loops.

That's what I always buy anyway when I stumbe upon an American products shop here in Europe

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

BKPR posted:

remember 3D doritos? those were cool.

I remember they sent boxes of them to my high school to test-market them on the students and we all said "bleh" in unison. The extra D did not make them any cooler, in fact.

gently caress all your local-only sody pops, get some Tahitian Treat up in your face. Not even Hawaiian Punch. I want a knock off drank so knock off that the advertised flavor is just "red".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

MullardEL34 posted:

Bundaberg in the fridge. Dark N' Stormy's rule.

This man knows where it is at. Best Ginger Beer available (Australian). A close second is Gray's "Belfast Ginger Beer"(American).

• Locked thread