Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
welp that's all I've got, cya later

i'm gay and makes ya think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
the ice rear end challenge.

Raineko
Mar 12, 2012
gay l s ice challenge

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Come at me bro

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Thanks for your input, we'll work on these issues for you

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
It's kinda eye opening how fast a dumb trend sweeps the zeitgeist.

That's all the thought I'm giving this.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm rdy to take the iced tuucker challenge ffor gay aids disease

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
We can do a challenge where you kick eachother in the balls for testicular cancer awareness and general misandry.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Raises money and makes me :laffo: so I'll allow it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Swr-vs9mqo

it's kind of ok when human caricatures do it I guess :shrug:

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
How about make it an actual challenge like tou got only 4 sec. to make ice, fill and dump it. poo poo is too easy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It's passe, here's the next big thing

Proverbs 25:21-22 posted:

If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: for thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Frackie Robinson posted:

It's passe, here's the next big thing

I nominate you for the flaming coal challenge

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
the show your boobs challenge

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Cyberball 2072 posted:

It's kinda eye opening how fast a dumb trend sweeps the zeitgeist.

agreed. i hope some people are doing research on this kind of thing. the best i can figure is that the root of it is "look at me!" narcissistic attention whoring

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
haha it's not a very big deal, it's not very difficult to do and it makes the person doing it look funny. goons are getting so mad at this wht the gently caress is wrong with you fun haters?

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

a bone to pick posted:

haha it's not a very big deal, it's not very difficult to do and it makes the person doing it look funny. goons are getting so mad at this wht the gently caress is wrong with you fun haters?

fun is just awful

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

that's the thing, at this point, it's not even fun. it's boring. kind of like how the harlem shake was hilarious for about a week and then it got co-opted by boring narcissists

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Okay then. How about the Russian Roulette Challenge for Depression & Suicide Awareness?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

LifeSizePotato posted:

that's the thing, at this point, it's not even fun. it's boring. kind of like how the harlem shake was hilarious for about a week and then it got co-opted by boring narcissists

ex president George W loving Bush did it and called out Bill Clinton 4 days ago, Bill Gates invented a little contraption to do it, this is entertaining as gently caress and I definitely want to see it played out for a bit longer. "waaah waah its getting old" says the 40 something year old rapidly approaching an early death

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
Made me think op. That is some chilling poo poo. I hear the fire challenge is pretty hot right now.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

It was funny when fiddy called out mayweather on not being able to read. Shits jokes

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
id rather give money to als research than do a stupid challenge

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

ex president George W loving Bush did it and called out Bill Clinton 4 days ago, Bill Gates invented a little contraption to do it, this is entertaining as gently caress and I definitely want to see it played out for a bit longer. "waaah waah its getting old" says the 40 something year old rapidly approaching an early death

some of the celebrity ones are still okay but you seriously don't believe 99% of the challenges on facebook are boring as heck and not funny? i genuinely think it's a fascinating thing from a sociological perspective tbh

granted, the fails can be funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQlvW0aFnKo

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I wish they were doing the dry ice challenge / fire challenge instead.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Excelzior posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Swr-vs9mqo

it's kind of ok when human caricatures do it I guess :shrug:

would

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

a bone to pick posted:

gently caress every person who nominated me & thought they could pressure me into dumping ice water over my head on camera or guilt-donating hundreds of dollars. I actually got a reminder email from a Facebook acquaintance that I needed to make my ice bucket challenge video since she nominated me. It's like a backwards chain letter.

e:

LifeSizePotato posted:

i genuinely think it's a fascinating thing from a sociological perspective tbh

I'm noticing a lot of overlap between "people I know who shove their face in a camera at every opportunity" & "people suddenly passionate about ALS"

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i ice bucket challenge everyone itt

better make with the videos

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I JUST DID ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE AND I CHALLENGE ADOLF HITLER TO DO IT TOO.

Straker
Nov 10, 2005
*dares u to do some mildly inconvenient thing to weasel out of donating a few bucks to a lovely charity that will just spend it on its own salaries*

*both of us feel good* :angel:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i ice bucket challenge all of nite crew but their buckets are filled with acid instead of water

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
it's loving stupid

just donate the $$$

don't waste water w

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Business Gorillas posted:

i ice bucket challenge all of nite crew but their buckets are filled with acid instead of water

tar and feather challenge

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Straker posted:

*dares u to do some mildly inconvenient thing to weasel out of donating a few bucks to a lovely charity that will just spend it on its own salaries*

*both of us feel good* :angel:

yeah that's the thing, this whole thing is so harmless and it dares you to do something that may inconvenience you a little bit or help out a cause.

someone wanted to armchair psychologist about sociopaths; I think goons get really angry at this whole thing because theyre being peer pressured into doing something they don't want to do (like jumping in a pool) and that causes them discomfort and, because they can't give a legitimate reason for not doing it other than hurting their pride, they write angry messages about it anonymously on their messaging board hoping other miserable souls will chime in and agree with them to validate their non-participation.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

some celebrity did one, i want to say it was kaley cuoco, where she used bath water and spent the whole time talking about the importance of water conservation

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

what i dont understand is why there's always like 2-3 minutes of talking before the water. like the bill gates one was one i liked because there was a cool skit about his engineers him making a machine and even then it clocked in at like half of the time of most other challenge videos

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
there are other diseases though how about we play the knock out game for multiple sclerosis

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

yeah that's the thing, this whole thing is so harmless and it dares you to do something that may inconvenience you a little bit or help out a cause.

someone wanted to armchair psychologist about sociopaths; I think goons get really angry at this whole thing because theyre being peer pressured into doing something they don't want to do (like jumping in a pool) and that causes them discomfort and, because they can't give a legitimate reason for not doing it other than hurting their pride, they write angry messages about it anonymously on their messaging board hoping other miserable souls will chime in and agree with them to validate their non-participation.

what are your thoughts on planking

pretty funny and fresh, am i right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

mookface posted:

there are other diseases though how about we play the knock out game for multiple sclerosis

whack a mole for parkinson's

• Locked thread