Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I miss Eve. She was pretty and awesome :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Eve spent years being utterly unremarkable and unmemorable... and then she developed personality and became a really good heel and became actually interesting to watch, at which point she and the company parted ways :sigh:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Very. Beth, Eve, and Kaitlyn leaving made me super sad.

Also, picking my favorite Eve gif is tough

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
I really really REALLY miss Beth Phoenix, she and Natalya teaming up was the best thing ever.

I also miss Laycool.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

DingoSlasher posted:

I really really REALLY miss Beth Phoenix, she and Natalya teaming up was the best thing ever.

Don't forget Beth and Layla's... feud?

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
I think Layla felt up just about every diva she fought.

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.

Sionistic posted:

This is probably true.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Daniel Bryan posted:

They didn't part ways amicably. Heyman wanted to move on to MMA after being fired, and never expected to be back in WWE again. The only reason he is back is because he's in the role he's in right now. The more involved he gets behind-the-scenes, the quicker he'll be out of the company.

I meant amicably as in "There's a very lucrative job in OVW if you want it" rather than "YOU'RE FAAAAAHRRRD GET OUT OF HERE FOREVER."

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sionistic posted:

That's straight up motorboating.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hey guys I watched the mirror movie that they had Adam Rose shilling and holy poo poo it's a bad movie don't watch it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheJoker138 posted:

Hey guys I watched the mirror movie that they had Adam Rose shilling and holy poo poo it's a bad movie don't watch it.

I like that the ads WWE was running for the DVD/Blu Ray pretty much ignored the mirror aspect.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TheJoker138 posted:

So is it just me or has Ambrose just completely reverted into his Moxley gimmick since coming in? Like, for a while he was just "dude in the Shield" but he's now just Moxley again, right? Like right down to having a piece of merch with a parental advisory parody on it.

This is the best thing.

I just love that they're actually going full-tilt on the gimmick. It's not just that he's kinda wild in the ring or acts unhinged when he attacks people from nowhere. Even outside the ring they're selling him as a full on psychopath and it owns. Ambrose is legit my #1 favorite thing about WWE right now, which is why I hope he's back soon.

KungFu Grip posted:

I think they mentioned the shouting match, but not the Raw conference call.

No, they did cover the conference call story. It's in the extended interviews and it's quite a good story.

I can see them not mentioning him chewing out Vince specifically for not the booking of the Chamber though. Even when they blow the lid off kayfabe, they still never quite reveal their results are fixed.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What was Heyman going to do with MMA?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bigass Moth posted:

What was Heyman going to do with MMA?

corner brock lesnar and strike fear into the hearts of his opponents

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Sionistic posted:

I can never find specific examples, but I keep hearing and reading that Layla is apparently crazy backstage. And everyone who mentions it immediately shuts up and never go into details.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Sionistic posted:

British women are a saucy bunch that's for sure.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Roman Reigns posted:

I can never find specific examples, but I keep hearing and reading that Layla is apparently crazy backstage. And everyone who mentions it immediately shuts up and never go into details.

I don't know about crazy, but I'm pretty sure there was a video or at least a photo of her backstage wearing a pair of Brodus Clay's pants (they came up to her armpits) and doing the running man.

So in other words, she's great.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

TheJoker138 posted:

Its a decent horror flick with some cool sequences. Its not like its No Hold Barred or anything.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
They updated the opening logo intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoTHsza-tC8

no they didn't

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Roman Reigns posted:

Konnan's mentioned it recently but let's face it, it's Konnan.

smashtcrusht
Oct 30, 2013

Internet Mature Dude
I've only ever been to 1 wrestling event (survivor series last year), and tickets just popped up for a WWE Live house show Sept 14th, did I make a mistake ordering these for me and my young kid or will it be awesome?!?!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

could a lovely person link me to the start of lesnar/cena in the summerslam gdt?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

WeaponX posted:

could a lovely person link me to the start of lesnar/cena in the summerslam gdt?

Starts on page 98 more or less.

Hope link works. I'm on a tablet so not sure if it'll work.

e: Works for me. :shobon:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 25, 2014

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

smashtcrusht posted:

I've only ever been to 1 wrestling event (survivor series last year), and tickets just popped up for a WWE Live house show Sept 14th, did I make a mistake ordering these for me and my young kid or will it be awesome?!?!

The wrestling will probably feel really formulaic because house show cards are generally the same matches over and over, but the wrestlers themselves have more freedom to do goofy poo poo and don't have to stay in character 100% of the time which can make for some neat little moments. You'll have fun.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

house shows are a thousand times more fun than tv tapings

smashtcrusht
Oct 30, 2013

Internet Mature Dude

bradzilla posted:

The wrestling will probably feel really formulaic because house show cards are generally the same matches over and over, but the wrestlers themselves have more freedom to do goofy poo poo and don't have to stay in character 100% of the time which can make for some neat little moments. You'll have fun.

oatgan posted:

house shows are a thousand times more fun than tv tapings

Good enough for me i'm hyped now.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Haven't been to a TV taping yet but I did manage to go to a house show and had a blast. The wrestlers are real receptive of the crowd. Bo Dallas had the third loudest pop behind Jericho and Bray and he soaked it up for all it was worth.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

smashtcrusht posted:

I just went to a house show. You'll probably have fun! They're really good at getting people hyped, and watching matches in person (a lot closer than you'll get at a PPV!) is its own kind of fun.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I imagine house shows don't have weird TV poo poo like somebody making an entrance, then the lights dim and their music cuts off so they can do a recap or something on TV, and the wrestler stands awkwardly until they turn the lights and music back on and the wrestler finishes posing or whatever. Also I'll bet Randy Orton is the poo poo in house shows.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I saw a randy orton houseshow match with the big show. He just rolled in and out of the ring constantly, i felt so bad for show having to roll his gigantic rear end all over the place to chase randy.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

TheJoker138 posted:

So is it just me or has Ambrose just completely reverted into his Moxley gimmick since coming in? Like, for a while he was just "dude in the Shield" but he's now just Moxley again, right? Like right down to having a piece of merch with a parental advisory parody on it.

This is the best thing.

It would be nice to have him and creepy Johnny "why...wouldn't I have chloroform on me?" Curtis team up. A psychopath and a very strange dude. Or feud with each other trying to out wierd.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

TheJoker138 posted:

I watched it and loved it but this is the forum that was excited about Batista's magic green spaceman movie so yeah maybe not.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Angular Landbury posted:

I watched it and loved it but this is the forum that was excited about Batista's magic green spaceman movie so yeah maybe not.

The difference between those two films is one of them was good, and it's not the one with the mirror

Valgeta
Aug 21, 2014

by Ralp

Angular Landbury posted:

Yeah, because it's just PSP that was excited about Guardians of The Galaxy lol

It owned. Big Dave owned too.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Angular Landbury posted:

lol

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

Eve spent years being utterly unremarkable and unmemorable... and then she developed personality and became a really good heel and became actually interesting to watch, at which point she and the company parted ways :sigh:
It would be pretty insufferable with JBL on commentary because she used to twerk before doing that standing moonsault.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Layla was already my favorite, but after hearing all of this stuff about how awesome she is, I'm even more pumped for our non existent future dates!

RAW is coming to my town next week, is there anything special I should bring or expect? I haven't been to a televised show, and we have decent seats it seems.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shine posted:

I imagine house shows don't have weird TV poo poo like somebody making an entrance, then the lights dim and their music cuts off so they can do a recap or something on TV, and the wrestler stands awkwardly until they turn the lights and music back on and the wrestler finishes posing or whatever. Also I'll bet Randy Orton is the poo poo in house shows.

At the last house show I went to there was one guy in the front row chanting for tables all night. Roman Reigns finally throws him a bone and sets one up and even gives the guy a thumbs up. While he's setting it up Randy recovers and lays him out. He looks at the table, and scans the crowd as they go crazy thinking they are about to see a table spot. Randy Orton picks up the table and slides it back under the ring before pointing and laughing at the one guy.

Randy Orton rules.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

oatgan posted:

At the last house show I went to there was one guy in the front row chanting for tables all night. Roman Reigns finally throws him a bone and sets one up and even gives the guy a thumbs up. While he's setting it up Randy recovers and lays him out. He looks at the table, and scans the crowd as they go crazy thinking they are about to see a table spot. Randy Orton picks up the table and slides it back under the ring before pointing and laughing at the one guy.

Randy Orton rules.

If Randy was allowed to do this on tv he'd be my favourite wrestler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
That's amazing. They have tables on hand even without a spot planned?

• Locked thread