Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

It's not useful now that you've claimed, by your own admission.

Ok, let's say you have a PR. You throw a night action my way one night and sure, your night action fails. But I get to use it the next night so there's no overall loss for town and then down the line all you have to do is say "I'm the tracker, I tracked Rarity on N2" or whatever and then I go "Yeah, that's right I was tracked N2, this guy is legit" and then bang, you have an easily confirmed tracker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

yuming posted:

I'm here too late to make a difference >:|

Is no one besides Somb suspicious of winvirus?

RIGHT?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Claim your flavor too imo

I'm Taleeda, one of Prendota's handmaidens who secretly studies magic.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Rarity doesn't sound like a scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
We should really be lynching winvirus.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

LET'S SWAP UP TO JUANITO

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

same

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

Ok, let's say you have a PR. You throw a night action my way one night and sure, your night action fails. But I get to use it the next night so there's no overall loss for town and then down the line all you have to do is say "I'm the tracker, I tracked Rarity on N2" or whatever and then I go "Yeah, that's right I was tracked N2, this guy is legit" and then bang, you have an easily confirmed tracker.
Nobody sane would do this though, especially when we're in the dark about other roles.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
most of the thread is in agreement that winvirus is lying, the only question is whether he is lying as scum or town. the answer to that is: gently caress that, lynch all liars.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Does someone have a past post about winvirus I can read? All I got is him tossing a fake-looking cop claim into the thread and being useless

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CapitalistPig posted:

My suspicions of winvirus have been well documented. I'd rather have him 'investigate' me and see if it goes through though.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

##unvote

##vote Yuming

Strong gut feeling on Yuming, especially with regards to the way that she was trying to steer the lynch off CE onto Merk, when she pretty much agreed with every point Merk made on CE (she did this when she made literally the exact same points Merk did when casing him). She is faking the little scum hunting she is doing, and when people don't bite she vanishes.

Would still vote Cpig or Kilran, and there are only a few people I wouldn't vote to avoid a no lynch
Rude.

Maybe you should/have read winvirus instead of getting stuck on my annoyance with merk's tone? Because that is the only reason I didn't look at CE more seriously.

D1 I was like "oh that is a p good point chaoslord made" (not a dig at merk, it was the point cl made that got me to look at CE). But then I was SO drat ANNOYED at merk's posting I just didn't even care if CE was scum.

The end.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

My suspicions of winvirus have been well documented. I'd rather have him 'investigate' me and see if it goes through though.

yuming posted:

Rude.

Maybe you should/have read winvirus instead of getting stuck on my annoyance with merk's tone? Because that is the only reason I didn't look at CE more seriously.

D1 I was like "oh that is a p good point chaoslord made" (not a dig at merk, it was the point cl made that got me to look at CE). But then I was SO drat ANNOYED at merk's posting I just didn't even care if CE was scum.

The end.

You're rude. What do you mean should/have? I don't even understand the point you are trying to make with regards to winvirus/CE

Your second paragraph should be too embarrassing for you too even admit.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

Does someone have a past post about winvirus I can read? All I got is him tossing a fake-looking cop claim into the thread and being useless

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658069&userid=147412&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post433995769

tl;dr "haha i'm joking!" also i didn't really get into it but his occasional outrage feels manufactured imho. he doesn't have a lot history you should read it.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
winvirus is scum because

(1) D1 he jumps in with a fake over-zealous scum hunting tone. He asks for solid reads in a context where reasonable players don't have them. Pushes too hard-- scummy.

Then, when he gets called out for this he just flings insults to obscure what he's doing as LOL JOKES.

(2) He has since claimed a result on CPig. He has done so with the LOL WHATEVER tone of scum-winvirus.

winvirus' attitude and motivation does not serve the town. He's trying to stir poo poo up and throw up smokescreens for his scumminess.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

winvirus is scum because

(1) D1 he jumps in with a fake over-zealous scum hunting tone. He asks for solid reads in a context where reasonable players don't have them. Pushes too hard-- scummy.

Then, when he gets called out for this he just flings insults to obscure what he's doing as LOL JOKES.

(2) He has since claimed a result on CPig. He has done so with the LOL WHATEVER tone of scum-winvirus.

winvirus' attitude and motivation does not serve the town. He's trying to stir poo poo up and throw up smokescreens for his scumminess.

LET'S DO THIS THING YUMING

##unvote
##vote Winvirus

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

winvirus is scum because

You act like you aren't completely aware that winvirus plays exactly like this as town

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Wait I forgot that he claimed cop.

##unvote

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the... the dream is happening?

##unvote
##vote winvirus

this is all i ever wanted

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

##unvote

KEANE

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

##unvote

You are taking that claim serious for real?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

##unvote

Seriously?!

He's not a cop.

He's scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
KEANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He isn't even pushing for pig and immediately questioned his sanity in that post he's not a cop

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

KEANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He isn't even pushing for pig and immediately questioned his sanity in that post he's not a cop

Oh fine.

##vote Winvirus

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm getting a bad feeling about Keane this game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
How are all these veteran players acting like Winvirus is some kind of unpredictable enigma?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

You're rude. What do you mean should/have? I don't even understand the point you are trying to make with regards to winvirus/CE

Your second paragraph should be too embarrassing for you too even admit.
should/have = "should or should have" = look at him he's a scum.

I am not trying to make a point about CE and winvirus. I am asking you to read winvirus.

merk's tone distracted a lot of players. I'm glad I didn't vote CE.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rascyc posted:

same

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rascyc posted:

That may be, but let's get rid of winvirus first.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I don't really buy it. Even your case + his post history just looks like he's trying to A) gently caress with cig or B) gently caress around in general. It's not even really that scummy. It's barely a coherent scum plan on his part.

I think it's a terrible lynch either way.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
countdown to winvirus showing up to say "okay okay i'm not actually a cop i'm [some other stupid bullshit] please don't lynch me"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm a miller in real life, you guys just can't handle my rad haircut and sweet leather jacket.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

should/have = "should or should have" = look at him he's a scum.

I am not trying to make a point about CE and winvirus. I am asking you to read winvirus.

merk's tone distracted a lot of players. I'm glad I didn't vote CE.

I don't think Winvirus' play this game is different from his normal town play and I think he is right about Cpig.

I think it is scummy that you try to hide behind the "I think merk is scum because he is mean" right after saying you were going to try to not let emotions effect your play. I feel like it is an excuse to call him scum without rationalizing it, and an excuse to not make logical plays.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

I don't really buy it. Even your case + his post history just looks like he's trying to A) gently caress with cig or B) gently caress around in general. It's not even really that scummy. It's barely a coherent scum plan on his part.

I think it's a terrible lynch either way.

the claim is incidental to everything. he fucks around as scum or town and i am not voting him solely because he is lying, or even primarily. i'm lynching him because he reads fake as poo poo to me this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
merk is mean though :(

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

You act like you aren't completely aware that winvirus plays exactly like this as town
I recall a game where Mikujin and I made this same argument players refused to vote winvirus because "HE IS FUNNY AS TOWN OMG!"

You have to look more at the nuance and motivation in his actions. His actions here aren't pro-town. That is my whole point.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

the claim is incidental to everything. he fucks around as scum or town and i am not voting him solely because he is lying, or even primarily. i'm lynching him because he reads fake as poo poo to me this game.
okay .... so it's a coin flip

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

I don't think Winvirus' play this game is different from his normal town play and I think he is right about Cpig.

I think it is scummy that you try to hide behind the "I think merk is scum because he is mean" right after saying you were going to try to not let emotions effect your play. I feel like it is an excuse to call him scum without rationalizing it, and an excuse to not make logical plays.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE WRONG JAKEP?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Half the thread isn't pro town at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Somberbrero posted:

Yes yes yes.

• Locked thread