Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite Tales of game?
Why did you include a poll? This is dumb.
Tales of Xillia
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Graces
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of the Abyss
One of the other ones.
View Results

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

You know I really like this game, but it's disheartening after finishing a main story chapter to know that I have to now pay another annoying load of debt off and, because of my gamer ocd, do the next batch of 15 bear asses quests.

Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Volt Catfish posted:

You know I really like this game, but it's disheartening after finishing a main story chapter to know that I have to now pay another annoying load of debt off and, because of my gamer ocd, do the next batch of 15 bear asses quests.

Oh well.

Gamblin' son. I made enough to pay off my entire debt in ~2 hours, less time then I would have spent grinding bear asses.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Its good to have Rowen around to balance out the depressing aspects of the game's main story. :allears:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

ImpAtom posted:

Gamblin' son. I made enough to pay off my entire debt in ~2 hours, less time then I would have spent grinding bear asses.

Any time I get better than three of a kind I always pull a matching card in high-low :argh:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

Any time I get better than three of a kind I always pull a matching card in high-low :argh:

Gotta get those gold/silver dice.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Gotta get those gold/silver dice.

Gold/Silver dice don't help when you get dealt a pair in High-Low :negative:

but I seriously think it's rigged so that everytime I get a Full House or Four-Of-A-Kind, High-Low always ends with a pairs :argh:

Eddain
May 6, 2007
New Game+ should've given you Rollo as a playable character a la Repede. He ties with Repede for best Tales mascot in my opinion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ivar and Driselle should have been party members.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Which ending. The Bad one or the Sad one or the other sad one.

All of them :v: I went for the super-sad ending though.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Endorph posted:

Ivar and Driselle should have been party members.

You are the only person I've ever seen that wants Ivar around.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Momomo posted:

You are the only person I've ever seen that wants Ivar around.
I actually think he's kind of funny, at least in this game. I got a good laugh out of him and the guns.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Spiffo posted:

I have to say I'm a big fan of the Tales of Eternia easter egg in everyone's ringtone

edit: of course, that's because Eternia is actually the best game

edit: haha holy poo poo, the devil arm "Sealed Eternia" is the sword from Shizel's Eternal Finality

What's the easter egg with the ringtone?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I think its a battle theme from Eternia.

I'm disappointed that some of the Devils arms in this game seem to look a lot like ones from Graces f. The Symphonia, Rebirth and Tempest ones stick out most of all.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 26, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

It's this song from Tales of Eternia. It also played when you fought Reid in Abyss.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I'm having fun with the game so far, but my only real huge complaint is that cutscenes move forward like a powerpoint presentation-- they'll never stay on the same frame for more than a few seconds, characters will be in a wildly different pose from moment to moment... no fluidity, basically. It's really jarring, and makes it feel a bit cheap.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

The only thing I have issues with is the rediculous pop-in in towns.

There's no reason half that stuff takes as long to load as it does.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I'm having fun with the game so far, but my only real huge complaint is that cutscenes move forward like a powerpoint presentation-- they'll never stay on the same frame for more than a few seconds, characters will be in a wildly different pose from moment to moment... no fluidity, basically. It's really jarring, and makes it feel a bit cheap.
Xillia 1 had that problem, too, especially whenever Ivar was on screen.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Endorph posted:

Xillia 1 had that problem, too, especially whenever Ivar was on screen.

It feels worse here, though it's been a while since I played Xillia 1.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nah, it does feel worse here. To be fair, they cranked this out in like a year.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

The only thing I have issues with is the rediculous pop-in in towns.

There's no reason half that stuff takes as long to load as it does.

It's cool how that's still an issue because it happened in Xillia 1 also.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm still finishing it, and Xillia has the secondary problem of the character motions taking so long in cutscenes, so if you skipped the dialogue they still took another 10 seconds to wave their arm.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

OneDeadman posted:

Gold/Silver dice don't help when you get dealt a pair in High-Low :negative:

but I seriously think it's rigged so that everytime I get a Full House or Four-Of-A-Kind, High-Low always ends with a pairs :argh:

It feels like the better hand you get the more it wants to gently caress you over in high-low. I've been going forever with a three of a kind or a double pair but as soon as I get something good I lose on the first hi-low.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Endorph posted:

Nah, it does feel worse here. To be fair, they cranked this out in like a year.

Would it kill Namco to actually take some time and finish a Tales game for once, polish and all? And I mean without having to come back a year later with an updated re-release to complete it.

But really, I'm enjoying the game so far for what it is. It's definitely not up to the standard of the better Tales games, and the debt mechanic is a painfully obvious way to draw out what's looking to be a pretty short game, but the combat is fun and I liked Xillia's cast enough that I'm willing to put up with Ludger's autism to get some more time with them. I'll just straight up say I'm enjoying the individual character chapters for the Xillia cast far more than Ludger's inane plotline.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sydin posted:

Would it kill Namco to actually take some time and finish a Tales game for once, polish and all? And I mean without having to come back a year later with an updated re-release to complete it.
That's what they seem to be doing with Zestiria. We have a lot of info on it and it's still a ways off: if they're aiming for the 20th anniversary of Tales, it won't be out until winter 2015, though of course they could just be aiming for the same year and not the same exact timeframe.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Well I just got the Bad End. It was certainly one hell of a trip.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Endorph posted:

That's what they seem to be doing with Zestiria. We have a lot of info on it and it's still a ways off.

God, I hope so.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
New costumes seem to be up on the PSN store. Don't expect much. All we seem to have gotten this week are the rest of the sports costumes? I didn't notice them listed last week, but it says they were released on the 19th. So who knows.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 26, 2014

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

New costumes seem to be up on the PSN store. Don't expect much. All we seem to have gotten this week are the rest of the sports costumes. Maybe there will be more, but I doubt it. I was hoping for the Sheena costume for Muzet.

All the sports costumes were up on day one though? :confused:

If you're going through the shop link in the game, well somebody goofed that up so it only has 15 listings. All the sports costumes are available if you go through the store regularly.

Of course you could be referring to Europe in which case don't mind me. :downs:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RMZXAnarchy posted:

All the sports costumes were up on day one though? :confused:

If you're going through the shop link in the game, well somebody goofed that up so it only has 15 listings. All the sports costumes are available if you go through the store regularly.

Of course you could be referring to Europe in which case don't mind me. :downs:

Nope, North America. I had looked on the web store earlier today, and most of the costumes weren't displayed there either. Gaius, Muzet, and Ludger's were up, but none of the other ones were.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Do you ever get the ability to increase the number of jobs you can take at once from five?

Endorph posted:

That's what they seem to be doing with Zestiria. We have a lot of info on it and it's still a ways off: if they're aiming for the 20th anniversary of Tales, it won't be out until winter 2015, though of course they could just be aiming for the same year and not the same exact timeframe.

Oh hey, I hadn't even seen anything about this. Can't wait for the adventures of Not Marta and Male Colette. :v:

Sydin fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 26, 2014

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Nope, North America. I had looked on the web store earlier today, and most of the costumes weren't displayed there either. Gaius, Muzet, and Ludger's were up, but none of the other ones were.

Yeah they were all up on the regular PS3 storefront last I checked.
I've had Leia's and Milla's costumes since Day 1.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Okay, things are finally starting to show up on the PSN store. This week we have the school costumes for Gaius, Muzet, and Ludger, along with a handful of hats, and an alternate hairstyle pack.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Oh my god, I just got to Milla's 4th chapter and it was my favorite one yet.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Getting reeeeeeeeeal tired of boss enemies and their instant anytime-I-want unbreakable barriers.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

So I accidentally started Chapter 15 before checking if there were any character missions available after 14 since I was used to having to make a debt payment before the character missions expired.

Were there any, and if so have I missed them forever, because my last save is several hours back?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

SpazmasterX posted:

Getting reeeeeeeeeal tired of boss enemies and their instant anytime-I-want unbreakable barriers.

Yeah if there's on issue I have with this game, its that you have no idea whatsoever when you're capable of getting a decent combo on a boss. I guess it's somewhat necessary since it's super easy to just combo the hell out of anything since everyone has at least 2 super good ways to pick up fallen enemies and not being restricted to x-x-x-basic-arcane makes combos pretty good.

As an Aside though, Finishing up this game has made me realize that if Legendia ever gets remade, they should probably totally steal the plot structure of this game sans the 20 million debt.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

So I accidentally started Chapter 15 before checking if there were any character missions available after 14 since I was used to having to make a debt payment before the character missions expired.

Were there any, and if so have I missed them forever, because my last save is several hours back?

I did the same thing and the Characters that would've had missions during that time (Muzet and Milla. Maybe Leia or Alvin too.) were still open to me. After I finished them they would go to the location for their next mission and it would continue as usual.

I know that I probably missed one or two bonus scenes after the climax of that chapter because Rowen/Elize and Muzet/Gaius had them while Jude/Milla and Leia/Alvin didn't.

Anyway, anybody know where that Siennabronc monster is hiding? Its currently the only Elite I have left to fight.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sweet thanks.

I found the Siennabronc near the Nia Khera entrance to the Nia Khera Spiritway.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Sweet thanks.

I found the Siennabronc near the Nia Khera entrance to the Nia Khera Spiritway.

Just went there, nothing.

I guess this fucker's a Roamer. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Just went there, nothing.

I guess this fucker's a Roamer. :(

It doesn't roam, but it has a chance to spawn in a couple of locations whenever you enter an area where it can spawn.

It shows up in the northeast part of Xagut Floodmeadow's Southeastern region and you can easily just go between the north east exit and you'll be able to see it when it eventually spawns.

• Locked thread