Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Somberbrero posted:

Kilran thank you for encouraging me to case you because you are scum and I have found you. It's you. You're found.

Why, hello there, extremely soft bus on Crazy that you can back away from at any time.

Oh, but what is this ten minutes later?

Do I actually need to say anything here? I think we've all just been loving around or there are too many players because I can't believe no one addressed this. Out of all the not-CE votes, this one is the absolute worst. Did someone already address this and I just missed it?

It reads very clearly like Kilran went for the soft bus and then thought there was just enough momentum that he could save his buddy.

Sorry Somb, that would be great if A. I hadn't literally had to choose between voting CE or merk and B. I hadn't advocated voting Rarity who I think you will agree was acting sketchy.

This case would have more credence if it we're say d1 or d2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

merk posted:

I know it cuts against the 'self' in 'self-aligned,' but we're missing one kill a night if you make some basic assumptions about the game and don't lump Little Mac in somewhere.

Like I said, Rarity was probably a 'Bomber' and had to plant bombs on targets to detonate them. I had a similar role in a previous Ecco game (and would have got away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling town).

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Mafia Edit;

And never got a chance to detonate, so didn't get to kill anyone.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

kilran posted:

Thanks to my ridiculous commute being more ridiculous, I've been home for about 1 hour and I'm going to bed soon.

Suffice to say I am disappointed that no one has even bothered to re-read Rarity. I'm sensing that this is not going to happen d1. I have the instincts of a journalistic investigator. All I need is a lead.

I'm not voting merk. I think CE is a bad vote but its preferable to merk right now. CE posts weird and gets voted most games. Its an easy target and I don't like it. Similarly, merk has stuck his neck out, rubbed a few people the wrong way and if you're honest, that's the main reason you are voting him.

Yuming popped in, said a few things and when I called her out, she didn't even notice. I didn't even get a "rude" from her.

I'm saying it now: my vote on CE is a poo poo one and I feel forced into this. I'm not going to be around for deadline (FYI, I never am, I'm in the UK, so get used to it). If my vote is going to count, I'd rather have it count for the lesser of two evils.

##unvote

##vote Crazy Eyes

Kilran quotes himself, referencing this post. ^

kilran posted:

Hey look who was right.

I wouldn't be my paranoid-don't-assume-anything self if I didn't suspect merk of going for the Magic Bus Trophy but that will be the last place I look for scum for a few days.

Excellent cheerleading here to take credit for merk's work, but that's aside the point.

This is the first post where kilran sets up his a theory that merk is bussing CE. There are more of these peppered throughout yesterday. I could quote them all, but that's tedious and you won't read them anyway. This obviously culminates in kilran's lame execution of the idea today.

I was bored and was re-reading an old game where Dragnix clowned on the town as scum. I had been pushing the scum team most of the game but couldn't convince anyone. Dragnix said that making good cases is about setting up connections and making people take sides. Once you have those sides and connections, they work off of each other until you win the game and it's great, or something to that effect.

Kilran has been setting up this theory on merk for days. Game days. What is his motivation as town for doing this? His reasoning is clearly flawed if he is town, but if he is scum he is in a very awkward position and has solid motivations for pushing this bus nonsense.. Merk comes off as very town from that day one brinksmanship. He's a serious problem. Why Kilran thought he could get away with it today... I do not know. Poor play is a null tell.

Combined with hedging so, so hard on CE only to immediately realize his mistake and reverse positions on merk day two, I feel sure on kilran. I need to examine his interactions with winvirus too, but that's not really a productive line of thought until one of them flips.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

kilran posted:

Like I said, Rarity was probably a 'Bomber' and had to plant bombs on targets to detonate them. I had a similar role in a previous Ecco game (and would have got away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling town).

What the hell are you talking about?

kilran posted:

Sorry Somb, that would be great if A. I hadn't literally had to choose between voting CE or merk and B. I hadn't advocated voting Rarity who I think you will agree was acting sketchy.

This case would have more credence if it we're say d1 or d2.

Your vote did nothing day one. You fence-straddled, accomplishing nothing. Voting Rarity was even worse than voting merk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
How did you detonate in that game? It wasn't just time based?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

kilran posted:

This is a strange theory. Why would you say this?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
One thing in my head is that Rarity was a Poisoner, but I think we would have seen a kill n2 from the poison.

I mean, this is dumb of me, I guess there are a billion reasons why we only saw two kills each night with all claims made so far being true. It's really dumb to try to act on the information we have so far.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'd really like to hear more about why kilran thinks Rarity was a bomber.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
It was a night action to DOWSE a target. A night action to IGNITE.

I dowsed n1 and n2, then ignited on turn 3. Dowsed another player n3 and n4, ignited on n5. I dowsed again on n6 and then was killed.

My goal was to ignite 5 players :P

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

That's not what I asked, kilran.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

That's not what I asked, kilran.

He was responding to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

I'd really like to hear more about why kilran thinks Rarity was a bomber.

I'd really like kilran to eat a lynch or be murdered by the Midnight Society.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote Juanito

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

He was responding to me.

The world revolves around me merk, I am very fat.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I'd really like kilran to eat a lynch or be murdered by the Midnight Society.

I'd agree to throwing kilran into a spear held by the Midnight Society. I'd also agree to the same for you. I'd also agree to the same for Juanito.

Actually, Juanito is probably the best for the Midnight Society kill since he has so little content and we can use the lynch for someone with more content and more casework.

##unvote

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

CCKeane posted:

This is a strange theory. Why would you say this?

Cause we're missing a night kill each night and I had a similar role in a previous Ecco game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
more plausible theories than a detonator:

hider
bulletproof
roleblocker
doctor
jailor
multiple nightkills targeted against the same person

good lord.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

I hate to do this, but I think this gives credence to the Psychiatrist claim. Ecco hasn't put this statement in any of his ops before this one that I could find.

Here is an example.

I thought ecco was against having alignment changes...usually?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

kilran posted:

Cause we're missing a night kill each night and I had a similar role in a previous Ecco game.

We are missing one night kill by my count.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

more plausible theories than a detonator:

hider
bulletproof
roleblocker
doctor
jailor
multiple nightkills targeted against the same person

good lord.

I don't know if any of those are more plausible in an Ecco setup. I actually like the bomber/detonator more than some of the traditional options there just because it's Ecco.

Ecco likes to innovate.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

dorkanoid posted:

I thought ecco was against having alignment changes...usually?

A Serial Killer (or Survivor) turning into Vanilla Town or Vanilla Scum falls outside of the 'usually' bucket I think. You definitely get sour grapes if you go from Scum to Town or Town to Scum and mods will avoid those. However, how mad would you be if you went from SK/Survivor to Vanilla Scum or Town? Not that mad, probably happy.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

A Serial Killer (or Survivor) turning into Vanilla Town or Vanilla Scum falls outside of the 'usually' bucket I think. You definitely get sour grapes if you go from Scum to Town or Town to Scum and mods will avoid those. However, how mad would you be if you went from SK/Survivor to Vanilla Scum or Town? Not that mad, probably happy.

I'd be furious

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

dorkanoid posted:

I'd be furious

The level of mad I'd be depends heavily on my current level of success in the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I gotta go. I am going to try to build a real case on someone (that doesn't involve setup speculation) to drive discussion when I get back. I suggest someone do the same.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

The level of mad I'd be depends heavily on my current level of success in the game.

Regardless, I still have yuming highest on my list of scummy players - though that claim was strange.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

dorkanoid posted:

Regardless, I still have yuming highest on my list of scummy players - though that claim was strange.

Her claim was needless. I think it's arguably a scummy claim and she could have recruited Rarity to the scum team.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

merk posted:

Her claim was needless. I think it's arguably a scummy claim and she could have recruited Rarity to the scum team.

Pending further information - not night kill speculation - I'm going to ##vote yuming

so I'm would not be

kilran posted:

(...)happy with Yuming deciding the Assassin kill

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

:downs: :woop: it's late.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

CCKeane posted:

We are missing one night kill by my count.

Oh yeah, Rarity was lynched d2. Forgot about that! We're only d3 now.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

dorkanoid posted:

Pending further information - not night kill speculation - I'm going to ##vote yuming

so I'm would not be

This is a bad vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

kilran posted:

This is a bad vote.

Agreed, dork misspelled kilran.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What makes you think yuming is town? Is it her bus of CE only after failing for hours upon hours to lynch me? Is it her whiteknighting of Rarity (someone scum would think is town)? Is it her needless claim that came out of nowhere?

I'd really like to know.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I really have to go.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I know that wasn't directed at me but I don't want to vote yuming because I feel like she's one of the few players that listens to me.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
I'll say this: if it appears at time but posting content has been erratic, it's because I haven't been able to give the game my full attention. My life is too busy for mafia and this will be my last game until it calms down a bit. I'm also super stressed with all the travelling and some other stuff too boring to go into.

I'm not looking for sympathy and this isn't a scum strategy. But I've been getting facts wrong and missing things from d1. I don't quit games and I don't replace out. So that's why I am posting whenever I have a minute.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
I'm also regularly phone posting, which is my grammar and spelling is awful :P

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm pretty confident yuming is town, her play so far seems like her typical town play.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I claimed because I wanted Rarity ~who I hope actually read my claim~ realized what I was getting at at EOD yesterday. I wish we could've been masons :(

I wanted her to know I could've saved her. Yea it was silly it's me I'm silly.

I'm going to read things a bit after I cook! I still like wv as a lynch though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why didn't you just outright claim after it was obvious Rarity was the SK?

• Locked thread