Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

chaoslord posted:

And I know, I know, "You were bussing", got it, whatever. I meant more what have I done since then? Because if you think I'm scum, of course you still think that was a bad post.
I'm still leaning scum on you, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

wins32767 posted:

I'm still leaning scum on you, yes.

Ok. I'm assuming you think my defense was scummy, which fine, whatever. I want to put this note here so that after the game I'd like you to explain how I could have handled that call out without coming across as scummy. I know asking "Guys how do I not look like scum?" mid game is silly, but we can chat it over afterwards if you're feeling up to it.

Moving on to current matters, I'd vote winvirus or kilran. Currently prefer winvirus but I'll make a run at a case on kilran shortly when I'm off work. He'll chalk it up to OMGUS I'm sure but after that huge argument with JakeP and Opop with him swearing up and down that he wasn't advocating for a lurker lynch (but also using the literal words "this is something of a lurker call out") followed up by today him advocating for a lurker assassin kill today seems off. Need more time to sit down and look at it without being distracted by work and losing my train of thought and all that. To make sure I get it done, I'll self impose a 6pm central deadline.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's freaking me out that winvirus is defending me. I have been thinking about it off an on all day and it doesn't feel like scum going for town credit. Winvirus has gamed me more than a few times in the past, I admit, but why would he stop an easy lynch? I mean, he gets some town cred, but he's also under a lot of pressure and is probably leading in votes next to me if he hasn't already surpassed me. I can't answer how his move makes sense as scum and that makes me think that he isn't.

I really hate any kind of fake cop. It is such an inelegant and lazy role to put in a game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote Opo

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote dorkanoid no access to a computer for the rest of the day, sorry.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##unvote
##vote Opo
that works better idk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Opo has done no scum hunting, not even Opotuition. The guy is scum.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

chaoslord posted:

Moving on to current matters, I'd vote winvirus or kilran. Currently prefer winvirus but I'll make a run at a case on kilran shortly when I'm off work. He'll chalk it up to OMGUS I'm sure but after that huge argument with JakeP and Opop with him swearing up and down that he wasn't advocating for a lurker lynch (but also using the literal words "this is something of a lurker call out") followed up by today him advocating for a lurker assassin kill today seems off. Need more time to sit down and look at it without being distracted by work and losing my train of thought and all that. To make sure I get it done, I'll self impose a 6pm central deadline.

I like my vote where it is - I have to lock it in for the night, as usual.

I initially think both vote leaders are town - Somb because it makes sense (though he could've explained the one-shot duel thing then and there), as it's in line with what I guessed

dorkanoid posted:

I read it as the success depended on the target (passively, apparently, unless Cpig is lying), and probably that there's some more information Somber gained from it, that he's for some reason not sharing with the class.

Winvirus is the scummiest of the two, but what's giving me pause is the list of people voting him. Yuming has been targetting wv since day 1 (yes, she's been targetting merk too).

yuming posted:

Maybe you should/have read winvirus instead of getting stuck on my annoyance with merk's tone? Because that is the only reason I didn't look at CE more seriously.

D1 I was like "oh that is a p good point chaoslord made" (not a dig at merk, it was the point cl made that got me to look at CE). But then I was SO drat ANNOYED at merk's posting I just didn't even care if CE was scum.

This is still a strange defense of posting a case, but then failing to vote the cased person - without even stating why.

Yuming also cased kilran, but that case just tapered off at the end, with no real conclusion - though the tone seems to indicate she finds him scummy; a bit later though:

yuming posted:

Why is kilran scum, again, Rarity? Just a blurb. I'll vote you but I don't think you're scum~

which is why I don't like

kilran posted:

I would 100% be happy with Yuming deciding the Assassin kill
and

kilran posted:

This is a bad vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Opopanax

Opop's what your other power?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Opopanax

a collective night kill.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Opo has done no scum hunting, not even Opotuition. The guy is scum.

Yes I have, like I'm not even sure how to defend against that. It's just empirically untrue

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Opopanax

I go to your mother's house and show her a good time

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh my god :vince:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Got held up at work a little bit. ~75% done with my post. Be ready by 6:15 etc

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gonna break this into multiple parts because its very long. First part!

A case for Kilran

List of people voted or otherwise suggested to not be town: Meinberg, Rarity, Rascyc, CPig, Yuming, CE, winvirus, chaoslord, Opop, JakeP, Wins, Somb, dork, met

kilran posted:

FYI, people who defend themselves by claiming "But meta!" are not really offering a real defence.

This isn't important now, but will show up a little later. Just keep that in mind.

kilran posted:

Somberbrero posted:

Cpig will you break down why you think I'm scum? Use small words, please.
I don't really care about this.

Somb, who else do you think is scummy?

kilran posted:

If you stopped poo poo posting and actually did any scum hunting, that might go a long way to you not distracting town. Cause right now i really hope that one of the night kills ends this.

That second post is responding to Cpig. "I don't care what Cpig has to say, but now I'm going to get mad at Cpig for not posting cases after shooting down someone who asked him to break down a case."

kilran posted:

REASONS WHY RARITY IS A SCUMMER
[2] Unnecessary Lurker Call Out. ERGO = Inflating post count.
And yes, this is something of a lurker call out, but one of JakeP, Opponanax and Wins are probably scum.

"Lurker call outs are a bad thing and a reason to think people are scum. Now I am going to do a lurker call out that also includes two people who have not been lurking."

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Part two

kilran posted:

We don't measure a person by how much they say but the words they use.

This would seem to say it doesn't matter that someone has a low post count as long as they are contributing, but that didn't stop Kilran from doing a lurker callout already and from doing one in the future.

kilran posted:

Lurker lynch, really merk?

Calls out someone else for advocating a lurker lynch

kilran posted:

When did I make a lurker case?

kilran posted:

Please note where I said "This is something of a lurker call out".

You'll note that the only case I made which could be called a lurker case is my look at Chaoslord. And I realised at the time that there wasn't enough content to adequately case him. And to TBF, his response seems genuine enough for now.

"I didn't make a lurker case. Wait, okay, I did use those words. But that (mentioning Opop/JakeP/wins) wasn't a lurker case either, because the only lurker case I have made is on chaoslord."

kilran posted:

I disagree on this.

Having seen more than one game where scum lurked to victory, you should always consider who isn't posting real content.

Now lurker cases are okay again.

kilran posted:

How is that latter point scum hunting? He's calling me out for advocating a lurker lynch (which I didn't) and then calling merk out for it. That's defending himself. A null tell.

Now he's back to saying he didn't want a lurker lynch.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Last part

kilran posted:

People don't like what I post because of style or tone, I don't really care about that. I've always posted like that and always will.

If you're saying I'm scummy because of it, I'm just going to ignore you because its not a case. And its kinda scummmy to even posit I am scummy because of my style or tone.

I will happily discuss an actual case on me.

This... sounds like a meta defense. I thought those were bad.

kilran posted:

I advocate the town NK to be either 1. Dorkanoid, 2. Met or 3. Chaoslord.

Back to advocating death of lurkers.

TL;DR Basically, Kilran has claimed meta defenses are bad but then used one. He has called almost everyone out at some point. He has gone back and forth on whether lurker lynches are worth it. He has been inconsistent most of this game about who they think is scum. He can't figure out exactly how he wants to push who and keeps moving the goalposts or setting different people up and moving to push them when it looks opportune. Tries a lurker lynch, says lurker lynches are bad, waits, pushes one again, etc.

##vote Kilran

Would also vote Winvirus.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hi guys. The deadline is tonight.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cool. I wonder what the votecount is

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Bwaaaaaaahhhh okay I am here. HERE AND READY.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Somberbrero posted:

It's freaking me out that winvirus is defending me. I have been thinking about it off an on all day and it doesn't feel like scum going for town credit. Winvirus has gamed me more than a few times in the past, I admit, but why would he stop an easy lynch? I mean, he gets some town cred, but he's also under a lot of pressure and is probably leading in votes next to me if he hasn't already surpassed me. I can't answer how his move makes sense as scum and that makes me think that he isn't.

I really hate any kind of fake cop. It is such an inelegant and lazy role to put in a game.
You flip town and his paranoid cop claim is 100% proven a lie.

I'm here now but don't know how far behind I am!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

You flip town and his paranoid cop claim is 100% proven a lie.

I'm here now but don't know how far behind I am!
Wait no that doesn't make sense. I had an explanation for his defense but I've lost it :||| mmmm

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

yuming posted:

Wait no that doesn't make sense. I had an explanation for his defense but I've lost it :||| mmmm

? yuming CP already flipped town, we know he's paranoid or lying. Only way we know 100% he's lying is once he is dead.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I have nothing on Opop other than moderate agreement with everyone on the "general scumminess". It's not much to go on.

I'm still pretty comfortable with the Somber vote, but I would also be willing to vote Kilran because he really is back and forth on the lurker lynches and it's really coming off as insincere and prodding for lynch interest rather than real scum hunting.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
We have one hour to do something and it takes 8 to lynch.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I can't even move my vote onto someone more useful. Come on, this is not hard. All you have to do is show up.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Merkkkkkkk merk get in here.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm here. Tell me who to vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Winvirus or opopanax or kilran but opop is tied with me for leader.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

gently caress it, I say we ask everybody to submit kilran tonight or something.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Because we've got the TWO whacky votes now.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Prefer winvirus as my #2 option

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Prefer winvirus as my #2 option

I'd be happy with one where everybody piles onto winvirus and then we giggle and laugh and hold hands and all hug each other.

I think Somber played very, very poorly. Very poorly. Not sure he's scum for it on reflection.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if there are only three other people here it does not matter.

I'm eating dinner. I'll check before deadline again but drat people.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

I'd be happy with one where everybody piles onto winvirus and then we giggle and laugh and hold hands and all hug each other.

I can get behind this.

##unvote
##vote winvirus

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

I can get behind this.

##unvote
##vote winvirus

WATCH THIS VOTE GUYS CHAOSLORD IS A JOKER.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

poo poo. Nobody is around.

I'm going to sing and dance in the hopes of gathering more people.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
There aren't enough people here to lynch let alone lynch a scum :|

Submit good names town name givers!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm awake at a deadline for once. We have a half hour.

My picks are Somber and Kilran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

There aren't enough people here to lynch let alone lynch a scum :|

Submit good names town name givers!

No, we declare names imo, and force them to make it so through force of personality.

• Locked thread