Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

the kawaiiest posted:

I was thinking about the Nexus 5 because it's going to be like $200 when the 6 comes out. But I suppose a tablet does make sense. I'll look into it. Maybe I'll just get a decent tablet to replace my aging iPad Mini.

Also you should totally go gently caress with things.

I'm definitely going to gently caress around with this wallpaper tonight. Thanks for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Skeezy posted:

I'm definitely going to gently caress around with this wallpaper tonight. Thanks for it.

Sure thing. Happy to help!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

the kawaiiest posted:

I dug up this one since it's the only one that isn't anime/girly/shameful in the whole set:

Y'all can use it as a template to make your own or something if you want.

I think it turned out well on my fairly stock setup:

I'd show off the rest of my screens but it's incredibly boring. Calendar widget for my work schedule on the page to the left, power control on the right, then music and soundsearch on the far right. Nothing on the far left 'cause I can't think of anything else I'd want.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Does anyone know what Dashclock's requirements are for displaying as "extended" on the homepage? I'm on a G3 and if I use the stock LG launcher with a google search bar at the top and a row of icons at the bottom, it doesn't leave enough space for Dashclock to display its expanded version. Meanwhile, if I use the Google Now Launcher where all the icons are comically huge on the G3's giant screen and you only have 4 icons of width to work with, Dashclock expands just fine.

Is there some way to force Dashclock to display its expanded version on homescreens? I only want it to show missed calls, texts, and e-mails so it's definitely not that the information wouldn't fit, but more that the widget has some arbitrary amount of space it requires in order to display as expanded.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
You need to change your grid size. Not sure if the LG launcher can do that. Probably not.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

RichterIX posted:

Does anyone know what Dashclock's requirements are for displaying as "extended" on the homepage? I'm on a G3 and if I use the stock LG launcher with a google search bar at the top and a row of icons at the bottom, it doesn't leave enough space for Dashclock to display its expanded version. Meanwhile, if I use the Google Now Launcher where all the icons are comically huge on the G3's giant screen and you only have 4 icons of width to work with, Dashclock expands just fine.

Is there some way to force Dashclock to display its expanded version on homescreens? I only want it to show missed calls, texts, and e-mails so it's definitely not that the information wouldn't fit, but more that the widget has some arbitrary amount of space it requires in order to display as expanded.

Try Widget Locker? Made by the same guys who make Nova. Works on my Note 3.

Spekkio
Sep 23, 2005

Really satisfying music!
Time for a new look

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Spekkio posted:

Time for a new look

This looks awesome, great job.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Spekkio posted:

Time for a new look

Icon set? Looks awesome.

Spekkio
Sep 23, 2005

Really satisfying music!

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Icon set? Looks awesome.

Morena

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

How's it handle icons not in the set?

Spekkio
Sep 23, 2005

Really satisfying music!

MikeJF posted:

How's it handle icons not in the set?

Not sure? I think it crops the original icon in a grey box of the same shape.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

That is why I use Minimal UI's icon pack - making a flat square icon is something I can do myself.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Reverse Centaur posted:

That is why I use Minimal UI's icon pack - making a flat square icon is something I can do myself.

Boy I'd love to have to do work any time I downloaded a new app.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

RZA Encryption posted:

Boy I'd love to have to do work any time I downloaded a new app.

95% of them are done already - being not-American means I have to make more than normal though (e.g. my bank).

I kinda enjoy it though.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Why doesn't Flatro have a good gear icon for Settings? I don't like the mixer bar icon, and the only gear thing is this weird bluish color.

sex shop clearance rack
Jan 20, 2011

Spekkio posted:

Time for a new look

Shamelessly stolen:

edit: those poor tables.

sex shop clearance rack fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 21, 2014

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Jesus christ, Themer requires a ton of permissions. Is this okay? I'm scared.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

KingSlime posted:

Jesus christ, Themer requires a ton of permissions. Is this okay? I'm scared.

Well it basically requires access to every possible thing your phone can do in order to run as a launcher, so...

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Nova requires access to sensitive info like your contacts and personal communications.

The themes are gorgeous though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

KingSlime posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Nova requires access to sensitive info like your contacts and personal communications.

It probably does. It may need that to be able to set contact widgets or messaging widgets on your homescreen, for example. I'm not positive, but you need to realize that's the kind of thing that those types of permissions can be used for, not just hoovering up all your data and sending it to China.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

KingSlime posted:

RVProfootballer is correct, Nova or any launcher needs permissions to set the call state and SMS state for contact cards which populate a contact's information and dial directly because those are endemic to being a launcher. It also needs access to everything on your device because that's how it populates things to put on the home screen and in the app drawer and well as the ability to browse storage so it can pick a wallpaper (so it needs app history and access to your storage). It needs to know your network state so it can use widgets to toggle that state.

Basically a launcher means you need all permissions because it launches everything.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The background's animated, but there's no good way to show that off.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 3, 2014

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Spekkio posted:

Time for a new look

I love this look, it makes me miss my old hacked up Droid X. So many flashes I'm not sure what was on it when I stuffed it in a box.

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007
I use AnimGIF live wallpaper as my wallpaper, some of my favorite GIFs to use:

You can find more GIFs by browsing the GIFs thread

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now
Is widget locker still the go-to app for lockscreen replacement widgets, customizing, etc (on a note 3)?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Obscurity posted:

They look nice, but I don't really like round icons. Looking for square if possible. What I currently use is Puntada Apex Theme: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ray.puntada.icons.free

It's a good standby until I find some with less color.

In the meantime..redid my lock screen..I feel like this one will be how I keep it for a while. :)

This may be from way back, but I really like the elements in here. Can someone point out how to get the slider at the bottom and the widgets in your lock-screen? (I'm kind of a noob). For reference, I have, and I think I also understand, Nova and Zooper.

Edit: I would find it really cool if it were possible to add sliders to those individual elements to make it bring you to the specific app.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Trying this ”pure google” experience garbage with my new Nexus 6.

Although I'm still an iPhone convert so gently caress the app drawer.

And wow this photo looks like crap on my computer. Gonna blame imgur and/or 4k monitor.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 24, 2014

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Reverse Centaur posted:

Trying this ”pure google” experience garbage with my new Nexus 6.

Although I'm still an iPhone convert so gently caress the app drawer.

And wow this photo looks like crap on my computer. Gonna blame imgur and/or 4k monitor.

This looks really bad, use the app drawer, and use folders. I am an iPhone convert too and I used folders on my iPhone to keep the phone from just looking like pages of an app drawer.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TwistedNails posted:

This looks really bad, use the app drawer, and use folders. I am an iPhone convert too and I used folders on my iPhone to keep the phone from just looking like pages of an app drawer.

I hate folders. I've tried it a few times. I'd rather just see where the icons are with as few taps/swipes as possible.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
You've got six google apps on your desktop instead of in that folder that says "Google"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You've got six google apps on your desktop instead of in that folder that says "Google"
So? Instead of taking two taps to get to, it only takes him one and maybe that's how he likes it.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
If he doesn't put things in folders where will he put the second and third clocks he needs?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

firsticonpack.png

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
that's ugly as sin,

Merry Christmas!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The folder is full of the apps I don't use much. The others I use all the time. Yes, even G+.

I'll probably push it to a second/third page eventually.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

TenaciousTomato posted:

that's ugly as sin,

Merry Christmas!

It's only christmas eve! But thank you!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gently caress all your razzle-dazzle bullshit.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

I've come around to this way of thinking and have been using the 5 and 7 wallpapers on my N5 and N7.

Did the N6 have one of those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Love it.

• Locked thread