Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Zoinks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's not funny you guys. You guys.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Oh right, I was going to reread Magnus. I should do that.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Yeah, Magnus is like 90% empty air. The only thing worthy of note is his business with calling Ernie town, which I am uncertain about.

On the other hand, Bowmore continues to do nothing. He could be spinning his wheels, he could be trying to look just active enough, or he could be actually busy. I really don't know.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

Yeah, Magnus is like 90% empty air. The only thing worthy of note is his business with calling Ernie town, which I am uncertain about.

On the other hand, Bowmore continues to do nothing. He could be spinning his wheels, he could be trying to look just active enough, or he could be actually busy. I really don't know.

I disagree. I've given my opinions on players a good portion of the game actually

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

I disagree. I've given my opinions on players a good portion of the game actually

Oh sure, you've given your reads, but not your cases. It's like in math class and turning in your test with just the answer. Show your work, young man!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

Oh sure, you've given your reads, but not your cases. It's like in math class and turning in your test with just the answer. Show your work, young man!

I'm a mafia genius. People need to follow me. Or read the players themselves and come to their own conclusion. If you agree with me, sweet. But if you disagree then we can have a discourse about it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
so did you lie about your vig or what

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

so did you lie about your vig or what

Yes. It was supposed to get people posting but no one took it seriously

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i am upset.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

Yes. It was supposed to get people posting but no one took it seriously

The ploy is overplayed these days.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

The ploy is overplayed these days.

I created it. Or used to do it a lot and people totally fell for it back then. Now no one does. Have to think of new plays now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Magnus Gallant posted:

no one took it seriously

Much like your posting.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Ernie. (3): Mills, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Opopanax, Hal Incandenza, Mills, Your Personal Muse
Somberbrero (2): Rarity, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Kumbamontu, Your Personal Muse, Kumbamontu, Your Personal Muse, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, Rarity, Pinterest Mom, Mills, Tremendous Taste, Mills
Hal Incandenza (2): Ernie., Kumbamontu
bowmore (1): DuckHuntDog, Tremendous Taste, DuckHuntDog, Tremendous Taste, King Burgundy
Tremendous Taste (1): Kumbamontu, Rarity, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Kumbamontu
Mills (1): Ernie., Ernie., GulagDolls
Magnus Gallant (1): Somberbrero
Opopanax (1): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Meinberg, Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Rarity (0): Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu
Meinberg (0): Mills, Your Personal Muse, GulagDolls, Mills, GulagDolls, Your Personal Muse
Your Personal Muse (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (4): bowmore, DuckHuntDog, Magnus Gallant, Mills

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 29th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 28 minutes.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Much like your posting.
That's just mean.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Ernie's a bad vote I think.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Rarity, what's up?

King burgundy let's not vote bowmore he's not a good lynch. He won't give us info to go off of. A good lynch today is probably Ernie (who I think is town and don't want to lynch, but his lynch would give us good information to go off of) or mills (who I think is probably scum).

##vote mills

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Magnus Gallant posted:

Rarity, what's up?

King burgundy let's not vote bowmore he's not a good lynch. He won't give us info to go off of. A good lynch today is probably Ernie (who I think is town and don't want to lynch, but his lynch would give us good information to go off of) or mills (who I think is probably scum).

##vote mills

The two votes on Mills right now don't have a case behind them as far as I can tell. Does someone have any reason to think he is scum besides feels?

What do you think about Hal?

You posted this earlier:

Magnus Gallant posted:

Hal: gut scum

Has that changed?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

if anyone reads hal in isolation it should be pretty obvious that he's insincere in his posts and that they're dripping with self-preservation

Lol ok. Self preservation? Yes I am running in fear!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Magnus Gallant posted:

Rarity, what's up?

Hi! I just started a new job yesterday so I'm exhausted! (I call up little old ladies having coffee mornings and remind them to have coffee mornings)

I just took a look at Hal and I agree that his posting doesn't feel town. He's targeting Ernie for no reason that I can see and his posts are all very short, like he's trying to keep himself from giving too much away.

##vote Hal

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, enough of you are seeing it too that I guess I'm not just being crazy biased against him again.

##vote Hal

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lol ok. Self preservation? Yes I am running in fear!

Eww I don't like this at all

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Your Personal Muse posted:

Eww I don't like this at all

Why?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I guess we cuddle the funny 3p ghostbuster tomorrow
##vote hal

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

I have no clue, but it made me literally cringe when I read it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It's an insincere overly defensive joke.

I make them as town all the time, but they're p scummy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

Hi! I just started a new job yesterday so I'm exhausted! (I call up little old ladies having coffee mornings and remind them to have coffee mornings)

I just took a look at Hal and I agree that his posting doesn't feel town. He's targeting Ernie for no reason that I can see and his posts are all very short, like he's trying to keep himself from giving too much away.

##vote Hal

That's the most English job I ever heard.

##unvote
##vote Hal

whatup hal, claim etc.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I just had to google 'coffee morning' because I've never heard this term

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Really? I'm the lobby boy and I have a cool role and you guys suck if I don't get to use it.

All these lazy votes... Lynch Ernie tomorrow. Probably Magnus too.

I'm driving the next 3 hours it would be cool not to lynch me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Really? I'm the lobby boy and I have a cool role and you guys suck if I don't get to use it.

All these lazy votes... Lynch Ernie tomorrow. Probably Magnus too.

I'm driving the next 3 hours it would be cool not to lynch me.

Sorry if you guys don't see it but I am very good at reading Ernie

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity find any post I ever made that was long, thanks

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hal are you a long-haul trucker or something?

Every game it's all "nooo I'm driving across America today >:l"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
"Ugh guys I'm making a transatlanic flight, pls don't lynch"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
"oh come on, really? the ONE DAY i'm swimming the english channel."

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
"ffs guys i'm on a rocket to the moon right now, i'm a cool role tho please be chill"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i, halbert incandenza, have traveled beyond all space and time to the space between spaces, the world between worlds. i see everything and nothing simultaneously, and i see that today you shall lynch me. what the hell come on.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
"on my way back from the iditarod, actually i'm scrum good work."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

Rarity find any post I ever made that was long, thanks

Challenge accepted!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ahem.

After catching up on everything, ##vote MEDS CURE SCHIZOS I'm not a fan of his attack on Ixt, he basically knew it was all a waste of time and a distraction, he never even voted then later "unvotes" and continues the attack after admitting there wasn't anything inherently scummy in what happened.

He's also content to do things like:

No way he thinks that is actually scummy and not just as easily silly panicking new guy. He also spends time discussing the futility of intercepts. What he doesn't spend any time doing is scumhunting or even encouraging others to look for scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

All these lazy votes...

We're a few hours from deadline on D1, what do you expect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Vote mills with me people.

That would be cool

• Locked thread