Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Dabir posted:

Almost all of gunner's skills seem to assume that it's your main class and you're using mechguns, there's not much in there for generic damage boosting. Hunter has fury stance, JA boost, fury stance JA combo...

not at all; the Zero Range skills and TMG Gear are the only "shooting damage only" skills, S.Roll JA is TMG-only but boosts Techs you cast after flipping too, High Time is the only (relevant) Main Class Only skill, but again, can boost Tech damage too while your TMGs are out. but Perfect Keeper, Attack PP Restorate, and the Chain Trigger skills (sans Twice Chain) work on any weapon for any class. Arial Advance also works but you have to be good at juggling, and most bosses can't be juggled. also :effort:

also Hunter's Fury Stance and JA boost skills do not work for Tech damage :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES
Here's my quick writeup on the classes that I tried.

Hunter
Easily one of the biggest winners in the update. Even though Fury Stance took a slight nerf, it's hard to notice when almost every melee PA has been buffed up to hit like a truck. In addition, Hunter weapons have been given a serious boost - swords are faster, wired lances are stronger, and partisans are now lightning-fast and deal big damage. Thanks to the skill tree rebalancing, you can take all your core damage skills and still have enough points to max out Warcry + War Brave or Iron Will + Never Give Up, so you don't have to exclude those skills anymore. If you weren't a fan of Hunters before, you will be now.

Fighter
Big buffs all around. Thanks to stance cast time being significantly reduced and a 5 second recast time, you can now effectively switch between Brave and Wise Stance as the situation demands. In addition, no more penalties for using the wrong stance means that your damage doesn't plummet if an enemy happens to turn around on you. Just like the Hunter, a bunch of their PAs got big buffs, and parrying while airborne with Twin Daggers is even easier thanks to dagger parries no longer being limited to one use before you need to land or attack again. I'm expecting to see some insane damage numbers with Limit Break + Half/Deadline Slayer skills, but people will have to be very good at playing to use them well.

Ranger
Lots of changes, mostly aimed at making PAs stronger and traps more useful. Thanks to traps/grenades no longer requiring consumables to use, it's a lot more viable to run a trap ranger, although I imagine most people are going to be hesitant due to them being objectively lovely in the past. Launchers got a ground speed buff so Standing Snipe will be a lot easier to use, and as expected, a lot of Launcher PAs got a nice damage boost. Expect to see huge numbers if you can hit weakpoints. A few notable nerfs happened to Satellite Cannon and Cosmos Breaker - they're still powerful skills, but you won't be seeing quite as much damage from them anymore. However, Satellite Cannon did receive a buff in that the damage now properly comes from above as you would expect from the animation, so hitting head weakpoints will be a lot easier.

Gunner
We all knew it was coming, but the Gunner is no longer easy mode. S-Roll JA had its bonus damage reduced, and combined with the Fury Stance nerf, Gunters will find themselves less able to melt enemies as easily as before. That being said, they did receive some nice alternatives in the form of Twice Chain and Chain F Bonus, both to be used with Chain Trigger. Twice Chain doubles the rate at which your chain increases when using TMGs, and Chain F Bonus reduces the recast time of Chain Trigger based on how high your chain was when you finished the chain. With careful play, you can constantly be popping off Chain Triggers that'll let you and your party completely demolish bosses and strong enemies.

Force
Although the core gameplay hasn't changed too much, the revamped skill trees let you effectively specialize in elements without having to go through prerequisites you don't necessarily want. Forces did get a new toy, Charge Escape - now, you can mirage dash and still retain your tech charge, which makes longer casting techs such as Ilfoie or Nagrants a lot easier to use. Unfortunately, it apparently doesn't work with Namegid, so you're still SOL on that one. As expected, Ilbarta and Ilmegid got nerfed, but a lot of lesser-used techs got big buffs, so try them out and see if there are any that you like. The game is a lot nicer when you're not constantly hearing the sound of Ilmegid every five seconds!

Braver
Never tried it.

Techter
Huge changes here, and it's all for the best. Just like Forces, the new skill tree means that Techters can now focus on Mastery skills or support skills exclusively without needing prerequisites, so expect to see a lot more support Techters down the line. One of the biggest changes is that Territory Burst is now a passive skill. Combine it with tech customization and you can get some absolutely obscene ranges on some of your techs. This is doubly useful thanks to the two new additions to the Techter skill tree - Shifta Strike and Deband Toughness. Shifta Strike adds an extra 10% damage multiplier at max level to Shifta, and Deband Toughness adds a +25% max HP effect to Deband. If you didn't bother with buffs before, you'll definitely want them now. If that wasn't enough, Wand Lovers is now a toggled skill, so you can effectively swap between casting and striking as you like. Wands seem to have gotten a damage boost, and the tech explosions of a wand attack now properly receives JA bonuses, so a good Techter can completely tear apart enemies with good use of Zondeel and Wand Lovers.

Bouncer
Basically a magical Braver. Twin Blades seem pretty strong and I like their mobility, but it seems like they don't synergize well with Elemental Stance unless you pack a set of rainbow weapons. They do seem to hit like a truck, though. Jet Boots offer a ton of mobility and flexibility, and the ability to change your weapon's element on the fly is really cool. The branching attacks are also a lot of fun to use and I'm interested to see what their future PAs look like. I could see some interesting class combos for Bouncers - for example, Braver Mag stacks with Bouncer Mag, so you could effectively have a mag with 175 DEX, 175 S-ATK, and 87 R/T-ATK. It's still extremely early and people are still figuring out a lot of the good combos and weapon potentials, so we'll have to wait and see how they stack up on higher difficulties.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
All you need to know about slots!

Don't feed your gambling addiction :colbert:

(Find a machine with 4 pse already if you can, and then just start going to town and then get lucky and get two free spaces and a 7 and another, bet 1 until you have 4 pse primed and then the money flows)

also, How to play hunter

Forer fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 28, 2014

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Hey is there any other way to download pso2 because the japanese website is blocked for me and tweaker keeps crashing.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

there's a torrent to the setup file here, dunno how active that torrent is.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
PSO Tweaker has huge memory leaks. Don't use it to download the game if at all possible.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Forer posted:

All you need to know about slots!

Don't feed your gambling addiction :colbert:

Or just go and shoot Mesetans! :D

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I guess if you fail enough at the slots the rappy will try to rig it for you. Except he can fail at it. Twice.

just a few more tries

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Sega or Gameguard broke something for me again because I'm just getting illegal error crashes left and right tonight. I just wanted to hunt a Twin Agito! :(

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Am I missing where you get the skill respec from, or have none been handed out (yet?)?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It should have been a campaign reward on the visphone, I got mine.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man, I have all these games I spent good money on, but all I want to play recently is PSO2. I don't know why I am even considering getting Destiny, if it's like the alpha/beta, I'm still going to like PSO2 tons better than it.

It still would be nice if I could play it without tunneling software though. Every few days I check the website to see if it loads, but maybe I should just give up and continue to pay the $5 a month Pingzapper wants.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Or you could take a look at this thread which was linked in the OP.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Dabir posted:

Or you could take a look at this thread which was linked in the OP.
Naw, I have a setup that works perfectly now, I'm not going back to experimental things. I'll happily pay the five bucks.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You literally just ask NextTime000 to whitelist you, put a URL into the tweaker and it works fine. That's all it is, and it doesn't even cost you $5.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Am I right to assume they didn't announce the date for the Festa prizes?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

drat it, a long weekend and this game releases a new update. I've installed and patched recently and it doesn't look like I'm blocked. Hopefully you guys will be able to put up with a million questions as I try to figure this game out again.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Drythe posted:

drat it, a long weekend and this game releases a new update. I've installed and patched recently and it doesn't look like I'm blocked. Hopefully you guys will be able to put up with a million questions as I try to figure this game out again.

Don't worry. I'm probably even more of a newbie than you if you have previous experience with the game. I haven't even unlocked Hard missions yet.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I literally remember nothing and it will be a miracle if I can log back in.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Forer posted:

also, How to play hunter

That doesn't look like Rising Edge.:colbert:

But to be fair, Monado Buster (because that move is the exact same effect as Shulk's attack in Xenoblade) is great when you can afford to be stationary and risk something raining a shitload of damage on you while you swing around a telephone pole-sized lightsaber. :wom:

Stelas posted:

Am I missing where you get the skill respec from, or have none been handed out (yet?)?

It's in your storage. I thought I missed out too then found it after complaining in team chat.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Evil Fluffy posted:

But to be fair, Monado Buster (because that move is the exact same effect as Shulk's attack in Xenoblade) is great when you can afford to be stationary and risk something raining a shitload of damage on you while you swing around a telephone pole-sized lightsaber. :wom:

Good thing the ability is on the class that gets the 75% chance to notdie, like I'm still baffled at why people don't like playing hunter because I love just running into group, shouting at all of them to get their attention, pulling out the superduper lightsaber and smacking them all, one of them gets brave and knocks me to 1 hp and never give up triggers to just nuke them all into dust.

Or that 25% chance triggers 4 times in a row and the party's like "wtf is wrong with you noob"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Monado Buster didn't have the horizontal slashes :colbert:

Gunslash needs to get an Over-End/Kazan-nadeshiko clone because goddamn does Shut Rounder look like the Monado:

Also holy poo poo Gunslashes are fast now.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Partisans own so hard, I thought their damage buffs were almost subtle but then I found out that you lose a lot of damage if you sub a level 26 bouncer instead of a level 70 braver. Also they made my dreams come true since I was looking through some patch notes and the gear now gives a PA 10% more damage when you spend a bar. Volg Raptor seems to have gone from just copying the damage to multiplying it by like 1.5 to 1.6 when you shoot it fully charged and JAed.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So how do you spend a bar? I thought it was something done automatically or during a JA but apparently it doesn't? Or I regain more than a bar per sword PA.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

So how do you spend a bar? I thought it was something done automatically or during a JA but apparently it doesn't? Or I regain more than a bar per sword PA.

Each gear works differently, I'm fairly sure Pratty was referring only to Partz gear with that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The new flying swords have a pretty badass gear spending method, but I still have to wonder, did the game need another kind of twin swords? Couldn't they have made them more unique looking?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Dual Blades will let them put Sange and Yasha into the game and as such have limitless value as an asset.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Double Orochi Agito :getin:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I can only wonder what will be the new weapons for the eventual R-ATK/T-ATK class released on EP4.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
They're going to bring back range mags and tech mags from PSU and have them work like Gundam funnels, it'll be called controller or puppeter or something.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Why is your hair blowing in the wrong direction.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

nerdz posted:

I can only wonder what will be the new weapons for the eventual R-ATK/T-ATK class released on EP4.

slicers is the only correct option.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Why is your hair blowing in the wrong direction.

Photons

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Tengames posted:

slicers Shotguns is the only correct option.

ftfy :colbert:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

why not both

I hope slicers play like they did in PS0 if they were ever brought back; those were extremely satisfying to play with.

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Aug 30, 2014

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh God, yes, I do want the ridiculous shotgun PAs from PSP2i back. Also change Glorious Rain to have the little "turn to the camera and sling the rifle over your shoulder" animation from Infinity also please.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I look forward to the day we get the r/tatk focused class, Gunner might as well not exist right now it's so lacking compared to all the other buffs and changes after EP3 hit. :japan:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Overlord K posted:

I look forward to the day we get the r/tatk focused class, Gunner might as well not exist right now it's so lacking compared to all the other buffs and changes after EP3 hit. :japan:

Chain Trigger got good buffs via Twice Chain and Chain F Bonus, and the Zero Range Critical; the S.Roll JA of Crits, is now not buried under 25 SP in prerequisites.

Give Gunner another look, I think you will find that it is still a good class to play.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

kirbysuperstar posted:

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%8B%E3%83%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AA%E3%83%AD%E3%83%81

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

kirbysuperstar posted:

Break Stance potential. :negative:

I'm loving how Speed Rain is the king of Partisan PAs again. Even with a Lambda Patty I was taking out Robo-dogs in one swoop with it. Hell I love all the changes they made to melee in general so far.

• Locked thread