Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
You aren't supposed to survive if the other team focuses you. You're supposed to win the fight because the other team focused the support who, while not behind the fight, still isn't on the front line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Well the issue with 'dedicated healer' as a role is there is always, always, MASSIVELY more value in killing you early than anyone else. The longer the healer lives the more HP there is to damage through. While focusing the support isn't usually the most important thing, if there's a Soraka, killing her before she can do her job is going to be vital. Like, old Sona you could kill her after she ulted and she still did her job. A sustained healer can't do their job unless they can survive the fight's initial volley.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I'm pretty sure new raka is going to work wonderfully at low Elo by just walking too close to enemies and then dropping all her abilities right on her own head.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Welp. I just encountered, I think for the first time ever, that bug where it asks you to reconnect to the game and then sits around on a black screen, making GBS threads its pants like a mentally delayed child, when you say "sure thing broseph, reconnect me to the game."

At least I have other things I can be doing.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Someone who doesn't counter Veigar on TT, especially when paired with Shaco and Morde for a 6v2 gimmick comp

This was fun. He kept pushing me from the waves, so I kept Qing his ghosts instead and building AP anyway. It felt awful at first but then I realized I wasn't actually dying and kept getting XP, gold, and AP, so it worked out.

Orianna still sucks to fight as Veigar, though. Man.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

mistaya posted:

Well the issue with 'dedicated healer' as a role is there is always, always, MASSIVELY more value in killing you early than anyone else. The longer the healer lives the more HP there is to damage through. While focusing the support isn't usually the most important thing, if there's a Soraka, killing her before she can do her job is going to be vital. Like, old Sona you could kill her after she ulted and she still did her job. A sustained healer can't do their job unless they can survive the fight's initial volley.

Position better. It's not like an ADC is automatically dead in a teamfight either.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Corbeau posted:

Position better. It's not like an ADC is automatically dead in a teamfight either.

Position better on someone who needs to be on her allies' buttcrack to heal them?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

a medical mystery posted:

Position better on someone who needs to be on her allies' buttcrack to heal them?

If the range is X, then the safe range is X units behind your teammates who themselves are Y units away from the enemy which means Soraka is X+Y units away from the enemy. Also she has an AOE silence root field.

I don't understand all the bitching about this rework before even playing it

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Jerkface posted:

I don't understand all the bitching about this rework before even playing it

sona skarner karma miss fortune nidalee

do you get it yet

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

a medical mystery posted:

People said the same thing about Sona.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

do you get it yet

yea seems like new soraka is going to be really strong based on those

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

New Karma is way better than Old Karma, though. I don't have the same 1v2 double kill potential I had botlane but I feel like I am actually useful for my carry instead of standing alone after my carry's demise and maybe winning. Plus now she is a niche jungle pick and also a pretty decent solo laner.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

New Karma is honestly one of my favorite supports in the game as far as kill potential goes. If you have to carry the game from support, it's hard to think of a better person to do it with.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

do you get it yet

All of which eventually turned out well.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Flameingblack posted:

Yup. I wish DDoS attacks constituted as terrorism and we could send these 17 year old fucks who do it for "lulz xD" to Guantanamo Bay or something.

What I'd like to see is some other Hacker group that likes League, just send out the Hackers that are DDoSing's addresses and real names.

It would make them easier to be caught by the police or FBI, and would be fun to see them get a taste of their own medicine.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

LoL just released a Veigar video and it's pretty god drat rad

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154662859670556

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

LoL just released a Veigar video and it's pretty god drat rad

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154662859670556

Welcome to two days ago :D

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Etrips posted:

Welcome to two days ago :D

Thanks it feels good to be here.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

do you get it yet

all those reworks were objectively for the better and the hero ended up stronger for it

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Brannock posted:

all those reworks were objectively for the better and the hero ended up stronger for it

I think Daunte is saying that people here love to bitch about reworks before they've happened, and then they turn out alright.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I'm actually rather fond of Runaan's Hurricane on Urgot. But then again, I am not known for my amazing play. A 15% damage debuff + slow on 3 dudes in a teamfight seems pretty okay to me!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Corbeau posted:

All of which eventually turned out well.

Brannock posted:

Woosh, there goes the point. Gaily leaping over your heads!

I was down on the Sona rework and was...well not exactly pleasantly surprised but not disappointed either. At any rate, mine and pretty much everyone's initial assessment of reworks before they happen are usually wrong and Soraka's kinda dumb in her current state anyway so how about we just wait to see how this shakes out?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Lightning Knight posted:

Edit: Holy gently caress you can jump walls with Hecarim E. I still learn poo poo about this game. :allears:

Wait, what? Where can you even do that? I can imagine maybe the thin walls if you hit double golems, but his E animation doesn't go that far.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
My post was pointing out that people complain about all of those reworks because people will always complain about every rework. Being that I've posted in the thread several times about how good I think Karma is, and play her in a decent % of my ranked games, I'd think this would be obvious.

e: and I see that in the time where I didn't post this someone managed to actually be clever enough to think for two seconds before gooning it up and tearing down my post.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

My post was pointing out that people complain about all of those reworks because people will always complain about every rework. Being that I've posted in the thread several times about how good I think Karma is, and play her in a decent % of my ranked games, I'd think this would be obvious.

e: and I see that in the time where I didn't post this someone managed to actually be clever enough to think for two seconds before gooning it up and tearing down my post.

When are you going to stream again

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Power of Pecota posted:

Wait, what? Where can you even do that? I can imagine maybe the thin walls if you hit double golems, but his E animation doesn't go that far.

Maybe the same walls that Yasuo can jump through?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I'm actually rather fond of Runaan's Hurricane on Urgot. But then again, I am not known for my amazing play. A 15% damage debuff + slow on 3 dudes in a teamfight seems pretty okay to me!

That assumes you're ever close enough to anything to auto it that much. Otherwise there are many things more important to Urgot than attack speed. In his case you buy a tear and a brutalizer before much else and you want CDR/AD/ArPen before you buy anything else at all, which isn't going to leave you much space to buy a Runaan's. All told Urgot is probably one of the worst ranged champs to buy a Hurricane on. He isn't an autoattacker; he's a Q spammer.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I guess if Urgot is within 425 units of around 3 dudes then Runaan's would make a really good tombstone. Other than that, no I don't think building a pure attack speed item on the shortest AA ranged champion is a great idea.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
All my bitching about Soraka's moot now. It sounded like they wanted to avoid tank patterns by adding several things that were tank patterns, but it looks like they're actually making sense.

I bet she's super strong on release.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

TastyLemonDrops posted:

You know what's also okay? Doing damage.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Personally I liked the Sona rework and wasn't trying to say the Soraka one would be bad. I really want to see it in action.

I do feel like champs with resets and champs with healing reductions (Katarina, Tristana) will be really bad for Nu-Soraka, though that's possibly intentional and her silence field will be really bad for them too.

Oh, one other note, buying the poo poo out of that Rammus ward. That thing is adorable.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

mistaya posted:

Oh, one other note, buying the poo poo out of that Rammus ward. That thing is adorable.

That is pretty cute. Also new Orianna portrait with splash art coming up soon. Looks pretty neat.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

mistaya posted:

Personally I liked the Sona rework and wasn't trying to say the Soraka one would be bad. I really want to see it in action.

I do feel like champs with resets and champs with healing reductions (Katarina, Tristana) will be really bad for Nu-Soraka, though that's possibly intentional and her silence field will be really bad for them too.

Okay, quick clarification: if Soraka's healing someone, does the healing get reduced if Grievous Wounds is on her, or on the champion getting healed?

fnox
May 19, 2013

wocobob posted:

Okay, quick clarification: if Soraka's healing someone, does the healing get reduced if Grievous Wounds is on her, or on the champion getting healed?

If the person she's healing has the Grievous Wounds debuff the healing that they were gonna get gets reduced in half.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

drat son, it turns out I should have been following your posts closely. Huge apologies for my mistake. Daunte Vicknabb is top tier League poster and I should have been extensively cross-referencing his post and keeping up with his Karma posting history.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Way to be an rear end in a top hat for no reason.

Rework posting has gotten quite hilarious.

I liked old Karma more even though she was objectively shittier. The damage and healing wave was way more fun than poke/repeat cycle of her play style now.

I liked old Skarner more because he was simple and overpowered. Now you actually have to think a little bit while playing him and time and combo his skills successfully for an extremely limited payoff. I much preferred just pressing W, running forward, and pressing R and winning a team fight instantly.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Way to be an rear end in a top hat to new Skarner, for no reason.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Minrad posted:

Way to be an rear end in a top hat to new Skarner, for no reason.

He was the scorpion king now he is merely the scorpion duke or other minor lord.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Old Karma was hilarious because you could take her mid and slaughter everyone because a. no-one knew what she did and b. the few people that did know what she did always forgot about her old passive and exploded anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Libertine posted:

Way to be an rear end in a top hat for no reason.

It was deserved

• Locked thread