Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
...how many walls am I going to have to break to get this awful upgrade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's one of the last ones. I think that 1/20k is saved between resets but I'm not sure.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Well... I have about 1000 future capsules so it might be a while. I'm pretty sure you don't get to keep the random bonus points either, bullshit.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

AlmightyPants posted:

How does one go about using this?

I tried copying it into console and saw nothing, so just copy this code snippet Kyrosis posted:

code:
setInterval(function(){document.getElementById("clickable-hitwall").click();document.getElementById("clickable-makebricks").click();},10);
and then for Firefox you'll need to paste that in the console which you'll open with ctrl+shift+k on the Wall Destroyer page or in Chrome you can make a bookmark for it I think or just paste it in the address bar after "java script:" (without quotes).

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Sindai posted:

Unfortunately my saved position only has like one magic crystal so the odds of me putting three together in the one day I have seem to be almost nil. I wasted all my previous casts figuring out what all the spells did.

The game could also really use some tooltips. :mad:

Well, if you die, you just go back to the previous day with a new board. Eventually you'll get some crystals. They drop when you match 4+.

Also, one type of monsters on the board is tied to your health/level, no matter what. Summon those if you can't skip the night. And if you click the buildings near the magic one you'll focus on building them and they're the ones that upgrade your swords/shields.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I tried copying it into console and saw nothing, so just copy this code snippet Kyrosis posted:

code:
setInterval(function(){document.getElementById("clickable-hitwall").click();document.getElementById("clickable-makebricks").click();},10);
and then for Firefox you'll need to paste that in the console which you'll open with ctrl+shift+k on the Wall Destroyer page or in Chrome you can make a bookmark for it I think or just paste it in the address bar after "java script:" (without quotes).

Oh crap sorry, I pasted in the wrong version. This one works: http://pastebin.com/GxXRFSXQ

Dropbox :argh:

edit: it's the same thing as above but toggleable via buttons that appear in the top right. Just convenient I guess.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 29, 2014

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I destroyed the Final Wall, paid for the upgrade that unlocks the next building, immediately reset without buying any, and that upgrade and building went away. Is that working as intended?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I destroyed the Final Wall, paid for the upgrade that unlocks the next building, immediately reset without buying any, and that upgrade and building went away. Is that working as intended?

Yes, that's one of like 2 that don't carry over.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
At least I got a single 10% trophy :v:

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Hi, so speaking of autoclickers, I took a basic one that someone made for Derivative Clicker and pimped the hell out of it in an Adderall-fueled frenzy. It can be found here, and I'm still tweaking it and poo poo, so if you use TamperMonkey or another userscript manager that does updates, they should get pulled, though of course feel free to take it and improve it. If you do, remember to disable updates if you have them.

Right now it's got separate autoclick and autobuy buttons, with a readout showing you you're average time between autoclicks, clicks per second, and money per second from clicks for the last 100 clicks. The autobuyer goes from right to left, bottom to top trying to buy stuff, so that your higher tier buttons don't get drowned out by the lower tiers. There's also a button that calculates multipliers for each of the buy items on the fly, as well as the ingame autoclicker upgrade. The multipliers are set up so that your highest available tier stuff will be bought as soon as it's affordable, but each lower tier is based on the ratio of it to the same item the next tier up.

For example, if you haven't unlocked any extra tiers, then your 4th tier items will be bought as soon as they're affordable. If you have, say, 10 4th derivatives and 20 3rd derivatives (only counting manual buys), then it won't buy another 3rd derivative until you have at least twice as much money as it costs. The ingame autoclicker multiplier is based on the click power upgrade, and hits 2x when you have 10x as many autoclick upgrades as power upgrades. I'm not 100% on how useful the multiplier setup is, I just did it to see if I could.

Finally, if the script autoclicker is bringing in enough cash per second to buy a tier upgrade or click power in roughly 10 seconds, it temporarily suspends all purchases of inventory items and autoclicker upgrades to grab the tier/power upgrade.

Pretty much the only thing it doesn't do is handle resets.

It runs pretty well for how much it does, at least on my computer. I get about 50 clicks per second when on the inventory tab, close to 100 on another tab.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
The UI in wall destroyer is so terrible it made me accidentally click reset when buying upgrades, and there was no confirmation, it just did it.

I'm done with it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I left off Adblock for Cookie Clicker because Orteil was nice about making them not terribly obnoxious (i.e. small rectangle that's always at the very bottom of the upgrade tree) and I guess IGM uses a similar design by default since there's an ad between the upgrades and the reset button, but maybe it doesn't have the plea to turn off your adblock to fill the space if you have that on. The no-confirm reset is just bad, though.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

God loving dammit I guess I'm hitting the point where I'm running out of upgrades in Wall Destroyer. Went up to 600 bulldozers, got nothing for it, checked the code/pastebin and found that sure enough, there aren't anymore bulldozer upgrades. I really wish there was some sort of warning, like, THIS IS THE FINAL UPGRADE FOR SERIOUSLY REAL.

Oh well. I kinda wonder what I'm supposed to be upgrading at this point. I'm at the Finality Walls, and they have been going kinda super slow, but I'm not sure what I can really improve here if upgrades are running out.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I left off Adblock for Cookie Clicker because Orteil was nice about making them not terribly obnoxious (i.e. small rectangle that's always at the very bottom of the upgrade tree) and I guess IGM uses a similar design by default since there's an ad between the upgrades and the reset button, but maybe it doesn't have the plea to turn off your adblock to fill the space if you have that on. The no-confirm reset is just bad, though.

This also helps with the upgrades with long descriptions that you'd otherwise not be able to read.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
So, when do I reset in Wall Destroyer? Just after the last wall? After that?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Carados posted:

So, when do I reset in Wall Destroyer? Just after the last wall? After that?

I believe earlier in the thread it was mentioned that the fifth wall was the best time to reset your first time.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I believe earlier in the thread it was mentioned that the fifth wall was the best time to reset your first time.

First bonus wall is probably best but it's a bit of a jump. A lot of late progress is from resetting with bonus bricks.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

AdCap update. 15 new upgrades to tide us over. Also micromanagement, which is way overtuned and useless if you have actual progress.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 30, 2014

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dis astranagant posted:

AdCap update. 15 new upgrades to tide us over. Also micromanagement, which is way overtuned and useless if you have actual progress.
f5, buy everything, back to waiting.

It's still nice of them to think of us!

(This is exaggeration, I can't spare a trigintillion angels or duotrigintillions of dollars.)

e: one reset later, I can in fact spare a trigintillion angels and eventually duotrigintillions of dollars. Numbers go up :3:

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 30, 2014

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Garfu posted:

Oh crap sorry, I pasted in the wrong version. This one works: http://pastebin.com/GxXRFSXQ

Dropbox :argh:

edit: it's the same thing as above but toggleable via buttons that appear in the top right. Just convenient I guess.

It's nice, yeah. Thanks for posting a corrected version!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Tiny little AdCap update, buffing micromanagement to the point where it's very slightly worth it if you happen to already be sitting at your computer with nothing better to do.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
Uh I can't figure out what micromanaging even is. How do I engage with this new content.

e: wait I figured it out. the information i needed was hidden, like a gem, in the patch notes

Little Blue Couch fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Aug 30, 2014

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Little Blue Couch posted:

Uh I can't figure out what micromanaging even is. How do I engage with this new content.

Click and hold on the progress bar. A red bar will fill up, let go before it fills all the way up.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man this last wall on Wall Destroyer is gonna take forever to take down. I have every possible upgrade I can have, and it's still reaaaally slow. I still want to take it down for completions sake, I came this far, but it seems poorly balanced.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Well, i finished wall destroyer...by accidentally clicking Reset Save. Works as it says, even without a popup. Really useful, because why wouldn't i reset an idle-game so often a confirmation would be annoying?

Yes, i get this is a "game-maker" type of thing, but gently caress that.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

RabbitWizard posted:

Well, i finished wall destroyer...by accidentally clicking Reset Save. Works as it says, even without a popup. Really useful, because why wouldn't i reset an idle-game so often a confirmation would be annoying?

Yes, i get this is a "game-maker" type of thing, but gently caress that.

Yeah, turns out reset save isn't the reset button they were talking about. Oh well, I wasn't that far into it yet anyway.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
In that same vein, I think I just learned that doing a full refresh (ctrl-F5) instead of a normal refresh wipes your Wall Destroyer save. How does that even work? A full refresh doesn't wipe Cookie Clicker saves, and that uses browser storage. Where does WD save your stuff? :psyduck:

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

What's the difference between efficiency and damage in wall destroyer upgrades?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I just realized that I reset save instead of prestiging in wall destroyer the other day. at least I'm almost back where I was... :shepicide:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I wish Kittens Game would update. I've just gotten Nuclear Fission and everything is either TBD or WIP, which makes me less excited to "play" it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

xutech posted:

What's the difference between efficiency and damage in wall destroyer upgrades?
Efficiency also includes brick creation.

...but then again, so do the post-fourth-wall damage upgrades.

I'm pretty sure the actual answer is "efficiency also includes manual brick creation", since the only efficiency upgrades I have are the "everything is 5% more" from the story pages.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Geight posted:

I wish Kittens Game would update. I've just gotten Nuclear Fission and everything is either TBD or WIP, which makes me less excited to "play" it.

The creator just got back from a two-week vacation.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Really wish there was a buy x10, x100 option for Wall Destroyer. Once you reset past time and space and well into the end you're going to be clicking something in the realm of 5000 times to get your buildings back to some semblance of your previous run.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sage Grimm posted:

Really wish there was a buy x10, x100 option for Wall Destroyer. Once you reset past time and space and well into the end you're going to be clicking something in the realm of 5000 times to get your buildings back to some semblance of your previous run.
I just reset and could not agree more! And I'm not even that far in, just got to space.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
I used http://sourceforge.net/projects/hf-auto-clicker/ to avoid developing RSI. You can set it as low as a double click each ms, which helps restock fast.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Well, cleared Wall Destroyer. That was pretty decent, despite any good DPS relying on autoclicking and the final wall taking roughly forever to put down. If/when he puts up a version that's standalone, I'll take a look at it again, as it's pretty clearly hampered by being on Orteil's game maker thing.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

In mine defence news, the new update apparently introduces military stuff. Problem is, my steel appears to have stalled production and I can't work out why. It's not being consumed to produce anything as far as I can tell, and the smelter is definitely on. Refresh isn't fixing it. Ideas?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

MooCowlian posted:

In mine defence news, the new update apparently introduces military stuff. Problem is, my steel appears to have stalled production and I can't work out why. It's not being consumed to produce anything as far as I can tell, and the smelter is definitely on. Refresh isn't fixing it. Ideas?
Did you use up all your goblins?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

RabbitWizard posted:

Did you use up all your goblins?

Well I sure feel dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I had to give up on Wall Destroyer because the tab kept crashing in Chrome. Ah well. I have so many numbers getting big in Mine Defense. I'm only 28qwhatevers away from my hundred neurochrysalis

• Locked thread