Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jim Harbaugh
Aug 29, 2014

by Ion Helmet

bhsman posted:

Apparently the contract totals $100 million, rather than 'only' 99.

Lol that they paid the same amount for him as Buffalo did for Williams. I guess there isn't an extra charge to play in that city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I hope Justin Houston gets the same contract

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--can't pay him, gotta pay Alex. Maybe a franchise player for a year or two.

Oh I just realized, hey Jim Harbaugh. I'm curious as to your thoughts on the Alex Smith contract. Or on Alex Smith in general.

Jim Harbaugh
Aug 29, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Alex Smith is a real winner and a high character guy. We did a poor job of surrounding him with the right characters and he didn't grow as well as he could have because of it. He's shown me more than Kap has and I wish him all the best in KC. If you replace Bowe and get some receivers more suited to him then I think you'll rule your division.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Man, I would've waited to pay him, he could have a career ending injury behind that line.

I don't see the Chiefs winning more than 4 games this year, which would've driven his asking price down.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Jim Harbaugh posted:

Lol that they paid the same amount for him as Buffalo did for Williams. I guess there isn't an extra charge to play in that city.

Watt's guaranteed money is way higher, apparently. I'd have to check the details, but his guaranteed money amount is definitely higher.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

That's an interesting statement. I would say it's debatable but yes he's also very good.

In fairness I'm going off of a very small sample size when I make that assumption. I hope that sample size never gets much larger.

Jim Harbaugh
Aug 29, 2014

by Ion Helmet

bhsman posted:

Watt's guaranteed money is way higher, apparently. I'd have to check the details, but his guaranteed money amount is definitely higher.

Williams has 25 guaranteed, so half of what Watt has. I guess Houston is the real desolate wasteland that only money can make worthwhile.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Volkerball posted:

So he did. Suggs tore his before training camp didn't he?

Yea Suggs tore his in the spring. He came back week 9 but really had no burst or speed at all. He couldn't catch Byron Leftwich.

Jim Harbaugh: Is Joe Flacco an elite QB?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Jim Harbaugh posted:

Alex Smith is a real winner and a high character guy. We did a poor job of surrounding him with the right characters and he didn't grow as well as he could have because of it. He's shown me more than Kap has and I wish him all the best in KC. If you replace Bowe and get some receivers more suited to him then I think you'll rule your division.

lol

Jim Harbaugh
Aug 29, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Don't you root for Philip "Interceptions" Rivers? Smith can at least protect the ball, the most important job of a QB.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I don't know if I can handle all of these #hottakes at one time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Because if there's one thing Rivers does, it's throw a lot of picks

Rivers' interception percentage is actually lower than Alex Smith's

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Yes fleece that Houstons of all the moneys. They will never be able to afford a QB now. Jags will rule the AFC South like New England does the East. (After Luck signs on at Jerry Town)

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Ostentatious posted:

I don't know if I can handle all of these #hottakes at one time.

almost as #hot as the hottest take of all

eaglesmerlin1
Mar 29, 2010

Jim Harbaugh posted:

Even without those 5.5 he still has more than Watt :colbert:
Aldon is still +1 on rehab stints and +2 on arrest so yea Aldon is definitely better than Watt

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Jim Harbaugh posted:

Sure thing Jim Harbaugh, whatever you say

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jim Harbaugh posted:

Don't forget that Lockette and Cox played for the Seahawks too, so it isn't like your team is free of rapists.

Can you be probated for rivals.txt in your avatar text?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Jim Harbaugh is the biggest fan on this board. All of us are failing our teams compared to him.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Even if you ignore the fact that Watt and Aldon Smith don't play the same loving position, every non-sack measure goes in Watt's favor over the last two years:

2012 & 2013
Passes Defensed
Watt (23)
Smith (4)

Forced Fumbles
Watt (8)
Smith (3)

Penalties
Smith (11 - 99)
Watt (8 - 30)

Tackles
Watt (134)
Smith (79)

Stops
Watt (174/184, 94.6%)
Smith (80/99, 80.8%)

You can adjust any one of those for Smith's missing games and Watt will still win, btw.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Thank god, I was worried Watt would leave if we kept losing

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
mods please rename the Jim Harbaugh gimmick account to any one of Skip Bayless/Merril Hoge/Frank Isola etc etc thx

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Jim Harbaugh posted:

Two years in a row now that the media chose a boring white guy who is overrated to win that award. :jerkbag: They'll probably find a way to give it to AJ Hawk next, ffs.

Your gimmick isn't even funny. Especially when you compare noted shithead to Watt who by all accounts is a goddamned saint.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
How loving dare he.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Mods, please trade Jim Harbaugh and a future second rounder for Pop Dog.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Parlett316 posted:

Mods, please trade Jim Harbaugh and a future second rounder for Pop Dog.

Hell if it's for Pop Dog, make it a conditional first.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Dramatika posted:

Hell if it's for Pop Dog, make it a conditional first.

isn't Pop Dog on the last year of his current contract though? Not sure we should overpay here, even if we are giving up a noted locker room cancer

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Aldon Smith is the Drew Brees of defenses. Total system player.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Free Pop Dog for the season.

(And Lloyd)

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I see I picked a great day to start reading NFL N/V. Someone please remind me that the pre-season doesn't matter and the Falcons are going to be fine.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Incitatus posted:

Free Pop Dog for the season.

(And Lloyd)

Lloyd is dead.

any word on what Tedford's "medical procedure" was?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Brannock posted:

How loving dare he.

There can be arguments made for some players that they are nearly on the same level as Watt in terms of being good at football. Aldon Smith just ain't even close to bein one of em.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

TheChirurgeon posted:

isn't Pop Dog on the last year of his current contract though? Not sure we should overpay here, even if we are giving up a noted locker room cancer

These forums are in win now mode. We're talking about a ton of vets that may not have another two, three years of enduring #hottakes and Joe Buck in them. You've already lost one of your franchise guys in Gendo and while Kali has performed great stepping into that hole you have a rookie and sophomore draft class in guys like Lord Waffle Beard, RG3, and Puppy Bowl that is severely under performing.

The window is closing, but a poster like Pop Dog could get this forum where it needs to go.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Stop feeding the gimmick guys

TheChirurgeon posted:

Even if you ignore the fact that Watt and Aldon Smith don't play the same loving position, every non-sack measure goes in Watt's favor over the last two years:

2012 & 2013
Passes Defensed
Watt (23)
Smith (4)

Forced Fumbles
Watt (8)
Smith (3)

Penalties
Smith (11 - 99)
Watt (8 - 30)

Tackles
Watt (134)
Smith (79)

Stops
Watt (174/184, 94.6%)
Smith (80/99, 80.8%)

You can adjust any one of those for Smith's missing games and Watt will still win, btw.

How do you have 8 penalties for 30 yards?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

b0ng posted:

There can be arguments made for some players that they are nearly on the same level as Watt in terms of being good at football. Aldon Smith just ain't even close to bein one of em.

Granted, on defense there's no one I'd ever want. Kuechly is a god at linebacker but it's Watt over him every day of the week.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

According to Pro-Football Reference he has 12 accepted for 92 yards

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Panthers and Texans fans should just be happy we have the two best defensive players in the league.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
As much as going back to work after Labor Day sucks rear end, football starts this week. We made it.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Browns have 22 dudes who got into the league as UDFA's

Whoa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

rebel1608 posted:

According to Pro-Football Reference he has 12 accepted for 92 yards

For his career. Chir is only looking at 2012 and 2013.

Intruder posted:

8 flags/6 accepted, all 5 yard penalties.

• Locked thread