Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i want to watch professional football mans during normal season

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Volkerball posted:

member when they played the giants the next week

Why do you do that to yourself

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Quest For Glory II posted:

It'll be even more confusing when Jim goes to another team next season

That would be difficult because he's still under contract for that year.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Chris Berman said "Ocho-Dropso"

He must be killed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grozz Nuy posted:

That would be difficult because he's still under contract for that year.

Remember when Doc Rivers was still under contract with the Celtics last year?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

soggybagel posted:

Chris Berman said "Ocho-Dropso"

He must be killed.

the gently caress is wrong with you? Never, ever, watch Berman do anything. Thank you and god bless.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

warcrimes posted:

the gently caress is wrong with you? Never, ever, watch Berman do anything. Thank you and god bless.

sometimes the Real Berman slips through and he is extremely on my wavelength

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0q4oibfs9g

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

warcrimes posted:

It was from the clip posted one page ago. I've been avoiding him for years. I just thought I would mention that.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm pretty sure if ISIS had Berman hostage they would let him go in under 24 hours.

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012

Notable Dom X posted:

I am Jake "the Snake" Plummer's posting account thanks everyone go cardinals?

Sorry about not appreciating you while we had you. I was young and stupid, and thought great QBs were everywhere. I have since learned the horrible, horrible truth.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

The Dave posted:

I'm pretty sure if ISIS had Berman hostage they would let him go in under 24 hours.

The Ransom of Douche Chief

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
So...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciaj...apparel-market/

quote:

With portions of its lawsuit dismissed, Jones’ antitrust lawsuit motivated the NFL to do one thing: Settle. The settlement agreement Jones reached with the NFL allowed Texas Stadium Corporation to maintain its contracts with American Express, Pepsi and Nike. It also provided every other NFL team the opportunity to sign their own stadium sponsorship agreements. Arguably, though, Jones was the big winner of the settlement agreement, as he also retained the right for the Cowboys to enter into their own licensing agreements. It is this right that allows the Cowboys to create merchandise apart from the NFL’s licensing agreements.

Emphasis added

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/9755/sams-jersey-sixth-best-seller-in-nfl

quote:

It's pretty common to see a rookie who has never played a game show up on the list of the NFL's best-selling jerseys before training camp even begins. Many college players simply carry the name-value and fan following that makes proving themselves in the NFL unimportant when it comes to purchasing a jersey.

You don't, however, see rookie seventh-round draft picks on the list before they've ever taken a snap. But as we already knew, St. Louis Rams defensive end Michael Sam is clearly not your run-of-the-mill seventh-round draft choice. As the first openly gay player drafted to the NFL, Sam has already become one of the most well-known seventh-round picks of all time.

If you needed any further evidence, simply take a look at the list of the top 10 in jersey sales on NFL.com from April 1 to July 17. Sam's No. 96 jersey checks in at No. 6 on the list, behind established NFL stars such as Denver's Peyton Manning and Seattle's Richard Sherman and ahead of the future Hall of Fame quarterback trio of Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Heady company, for sure.

Jerry Jones, good businessman, or Jerry Jones good football GM, or Jerry Jones GLBT pioneer?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
gently caress

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I don't remember San Diego batting down anything, drat

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

quote:

A battered Giants offensive line could add a veteran piece soon.

According to a source, the Giants are working hard to sign guard Adam Snyder. Snyder, a 10-year veteran, was released by the San Francisco 49ers on Saturday. The news was first reported by Fox Sports 1.

Snyder, 32, would add guard depth for a Giants team that's without prized offseason acquisition Geoff Schwartz (toe). Schwartz suffered the injury in the preseason win over the Jets, and there is currently no timetable for his return. The Giants have not ruled out moving Schwartz to short-term injured reserve, although they did not make the move on Tuesday at 4 p.m., when that designation became available

Meh. Lemme guess, he sucks?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

davecrazy posted:

Meh. Lemme guess, he sucks?
Actually a pretty decent run blocker. He's an upgrade over most of the trash on the Giants interior line.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Brannock posted:

I find it more notable that Sherman managed to not get penalized a single time during the preseason even though those "emphasized rules" were pretty clearly aimed at the Seahawks. I mean, if we're talking about things the Packers should worry about...

It's clearly not Chichevache and you're intensely dumb.

ouch my heart, ive been insulted by brannock because he does not understand jokes

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ozu posted:

Actually a pretty decent run blocker. He's an upgrade over most of the trash on the Giants interior line.

He's a poo poo awful pass blocker though.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

davecrazy posted:

So...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciaj...apparel-market/

Emphasis added

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/9755/sams-jersey-sixth-best-seller-in-nfl

Jerry Jones, good businessman, or Jerry Jones good football GM, or Jerry Jones GLBT pioneer?
Ahaha it makes total sense that Jerry would sign Sam just for the jersey sales. poo poo, that also might be the reason he regrets not drafting Johnny Manziel.

Of course, I don't think Sam jerseys will continue to sell so well, but ol Jerry would probably be happy with a tenth of the sales they've done so far

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

football fuckerman posted:

Ahaha it makes total sense that Jerry would sign Sam just for the jersey sales. poo poo, that also might be the reason he regrets not drafting Johnny Manziel.

Of course, I don't think Sam jerseys will continue to sell so well, but ol Jerry would probably be happy with a tenth of the sales they've done so far

He will atleast outsell every other practice squad player (probably in the history of the NFL) by a margin of what? 1000:1? 10000:1?

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Volkerball posted:

member when they played the giants the next week

was that the 0-44 victory

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Burger Trench posted:

I used to hate Brandon Spikes when he was on the Patriots because he made some dirty hits and flexed his muscles after taking Fred Jackson out of the game. But now he's on my team and he has a seething hatred for the Patriots, played well in coverage in the preseason (!!), and looks like this:

quoting from two days ago but I still can't get over how funny it is that Spikes hates the Patriots now even though he was the shitbird that never showed up to meetings or practices on time

if you're playing under Belichick you should probably know that he rules with an iron fist and doesn't give a poo poo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

In an e-mail to the Denver Post Tuesday night, suspended Wes Welker said he is "as shocked as everyone at today's news."

The NFL issues four-game suspensions to first offenders for violations of the performance-enhancing policy. Welker reportedly tested positive for Adderall and is wondering if someone put something in his drink at the Kentucky Derby. "I wouldn't have any idea where to get a Molly or what a Molly is. That's a joke." Welker will be back following the Week 5 bye, but he's not going to cop to anything. "I want to make one thing abundantly clear: I would NEVER knowingly take a substance to gain a competitive advantage in any way."

Unless that advantage is coming back from a knee surgery in like 2 months.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

"I wouldn't have any idea where to get a Molly or what a Molly is. That's a joke."

They didn't add what he said after "That's a joke" which was "I freakin love Molly, it's awesome"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Brady got asked by a reporter if he saw Welker take anything at the Derby. He laughed and said he has no comment. #Patriots #NFL

He set Wes up!!!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Unless that advantage is coming back from a knee surgery in like 2 months.

He just borrowed some of ADP's Jesus.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Wes Welker posted:

I would NEVER knowingly take a substance to gain a competitive advantage in any way.

Everyone knows MDMA enhances horse selection acuity, Wes.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Tom Brady trips balls.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

:mcnabb: either still playing the jilted lover or just saying what we're all thinking.

quote:

Donovan McNabb, the six-time Pro Bowl quarterback who had his No. 5 retired by the Eagles last season, isn't convinced Foles is the real deal just yet. McNabb, currently an analyst for Fox, expressed that view in a radio interview in Philadelphia on Tuesday.

"I really can't answer that at this particular point, but if I had to give a take, I would say no," McNabb said on 97.5 The Fanatic when asked if he thinks Foles is a franchise QB. "I think what he will do, he won't do what he did last year, that just won't happen. I see him more being a 25 touchdown, maybe 8, maybe 10 interception guy."

Its great that in 2014 25 TDs/10 ints is meh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

commy gun posted:

:mcnabb: either still playing the jilted lover or just saying what we're all thinking.

http://tinyurl.com/qjhqamz

17 seasons of 25 TDs and 8 picks. Six of those are Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. One is :mcnabb: though, so there's that.

(up it to 10 picks and it's 42 seasons)

Blitz7x posted:

gently caress

It's like those infographics that talk about if California was its own economy it would be like 8th in the world.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm not emotionally invested in Wes Welker's innocence or anything, and obviously he did use something, but the only place reporting MDMA usage is PFT "per a league source", which is basically Mike Florio's way of spouting any unsubstantiated rumor he gets emailed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

commy gun posted:

That gets you a big contract in Kansas City

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/New-stadium-deal-for-Raiders-give-s-team-land-5729877.php

quote:

A new Raiders stadium offer worked out by Oakland Mayor Jean Quan's development people calls for giving free land to the team and for city and Alameda County taxpayers to pay off $120 million they still owe for the 1990s overhaul of the Coliseum - which would be demolished.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

NC-17 posted:

I'm not emotionally invested in Wes Welker's innocence or anything, and obviously he did use something, but the only place reporting MDMA usage is PFT "per a league source", which is basically Mike Florio's way of spouting any unsubstantiated rumor he gets emailed.

Don't take this from us.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

NC-17 posted:

I am extremely invested in Wes Welker popping mdma and having a loving awesome time

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Just move them to LA. If Oakland needs anything it's a soccer team of its own.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers cut 6th round pick Marion Grice, and then signed him to the practice squad. Chargers now have a roster spot open.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

He set Wes up!!!

The narrative I am going with now is Brady gave it to him at the Derby with a wink and a nod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I want to see a Mythbusters episode where they take Mollies and then attempt to play football to test to see if it will enhance their skills.

• Locked thread