Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I really like Black Adam in that trailer for the DC MMO. That whole trailer owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

theflyingorc posted:

The reason was they didn't have time in the Avengers to really deal with a major plot point from Thor.

I don't recall that being said in Thor 2, but regardless - that's a huge disrespect for the end of Thor. Thor is sacrificing his chance of EVER seeing her again. It's established that breaking the bridge cuts them off from Earth forever.

People said this in the first Thor movie thread too and I still don't get it. Why would they be cut off forever? They built the thing, couldn't they just build another one?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Away all Goats posted:

People said this in the first Thor movie thread too and I still don't get it. Why would they be cut off forever? They built the thing, couldn't they just build another one?

I mean, they don't need a reason for what the plot establishes, but off the top of my head -

The bridge is made of an incredibly rare material that cannot be repaired once broken, and we don't have any more of the stuff.

Insert 400 other comics logic reasons if you want, that was .5 seconds of thinking about it.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

My impression was that the bridge was just a really convenient mode of travel. They have other ways to bridge interstellar distances (i.e. dark matter), but that was the main one.

Also, vimeo appears to have pulled the video. :smith:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Devo posted:

My kids were 4 and 7 and I was mainly worried about the 4 year old since she can get nightmares. I also generally don't want them seeing guys holding guns to other guys' heads.

Don't listen to these assholes. 4 is way too young to watch IM3, let alone loving Robocop.

Plus, IM3 sucked, so that's another reason for them not to watch it.

edit. Both Thor movies sucked too.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 4, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TheTarrasque posted:

My impression was that the bridge was just a really convenient mode of travel. They have other ways to bridge interstellar distances (i.e. dark matter), but that was the main one.

Also, vimeo appears to have pulled the video. :smith:

This is exactly what I thought. The only one who is saying that Thor will never see Jane again by smashing the Bifrost is Loki, who is currently trying to destroy the homeworld of the Frost Giants using it. His information is kind of suspect. And Yea, the Bifrost is clearly the quickest and easiest method of travel, but its not the only one. Like in Star Trek, they could use a shuttle, but the transporter is just easier.

I do think that the Asgardians not being able to go anywhere in the universe instantly did embolden various groups of scum to act, like we see at the start of Thor 2. Though they eventually repair it and can teleport armies all over the place to quell the raids.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

redbackground posted:

The trouble with Big Rig (who I love) is that I honestly could not in a million years buy him as completely sincere and well-meaning.

Yeah he's always a douche with a big smile that turns out to be a huge rear end in a top hat. It'd be an interesting twist on the Riggle character. That giant grin and wide eyes and over the top energy, but completely genuine and excited. And he was a marine for years so he can probably get jacked.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The perfect Shazam would be Terry Crews and we all know it.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

greatn posted:

The perfect Shazam would be Terry Crews and we all know it.

As the Wizard Shazam. "Speak the words to unleash unfathomable pah-pah-pah-pah-POWER!"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

redbackground posted:

The trouble with Big Rig (who I love) is that I honestly could not in a million years buy him as completely sincere and well-meaning.
What about Patrick Warburton or is he too old for it?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

What about Patrick Warburton or is he too old for it?

Too old and unfortunately comes with the baggage of being an outspoken dickhead regarding several things that he will be on the wrong side of history for.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't know who you can cast for Shazam. You'll need someone who can physically match up with the Rock, and that's not easy. I think they'll have to go with an unknown, or redesign the big cheese so he's more like a lean cut guy and not a big dude.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't know who you can cast for Shazam. You'll need someone who can physically match up with the Rock, and that's not easy. I think they'll have to go with an unknown, or redesign the big cheese so he's more like a lean cut guy and not a big dude.

In a perfect world, Shazam would be played by Dwayne Johnson and Black Adam would be played by Dwayne Johnson in a goatee.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

HorseRenoir posted:

In a perfect world, Shazam would be played by Dwayne Johnson and Black Adam would be played by Dwayne Johnson in a goatee.

And Billy will be Dwayne Johnson with hobbit film shooting tricks

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

SlimGoodbody posted:

Too old and unfortunately comes with the baggage of being an outspoken dickhead regarding several things that he will be on the wrong side of history for.

This is news to me, and very disappointing. Do you have a link, by any chance?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Opopanax posted:

And Billy will be Dwayne Johnson with hobbit film shooting tricks

Just have Elijah Woods be Billy and and Johnson be the Shazam.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

He said video games aren't art.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Any word on when the next Avenger's trailer will be released? I hear there's leaked audio of it but I don't want to spoiler myself...

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Isn't the line about using dark ENERGY rather than dark magic, tying it back to the Project Pegasus facility being a "joint dark energy research facility" at the beginning of the movie?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Rough Lobster posted:

Any word on when the next Avenger's trailer will be released? I hear there's leaked audio of it but I don't want to spoiler myself...

Did they ever released the con teaser to the general public?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

e X posted:

Did they ever released the con teaser to the general public?

No. As for the trailer, I'm going to guess it'll be almost the end of the year before we get a teaser. Maybe something on Big Hero 6.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

muscles like this? posted:

No. As for the trailer, I'm going to guess it'll be almost the end of the year before we get a teaser. Maybe something on Big Hero 6.
We'll definitely get a Superbowl trailer for it that's for sure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shazam is going to be Channing Tatum.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

Shazam is going to be Channing Tatum.

That would be so right and so wrong at the same time.

Why not Karl Urban?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm on my phone so it's kind of a pain to try and share links here, but you can Google him. He's, if I recall correctly, very Catholic, and thus very against abortion. He did some commercials for Prop 73 (a law that would prevent a minor from terminating a pregnancy without informing their parents and gaining their consent) with renowned jackasses Ben Stein and Dr. Laura. There may be some other stuff I'm forgetting as well.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm on my phone so it's kind of a pain to try and share links here, but you can Google him. He's, if I recall correctly, very Catholic, and thus very against abortion. He did some commercials for Prop 73 (a law that would prevent a minor from terminating a pregnancy without informing their parents and gaining their consent) with renowned jackasses Ben Stein and Dr. Laura. There may be some other stuff I'm forgetting as well.

So David Puddy from Seinfeld was pretty much the real guy. Hmmm.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
Y'all are crazy Iron Man 3 is one of the only good marvel movies

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Per our discussion yesterday, if you really wanna gently caress up your kids show them Superman III :twisted:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Now why would I want to show anyone Superman 3, really now

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Because it's awesome :colbert: Superman vs Superman fight, notBraniac, Richard Pryor,trying to kill Superman with video games.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
My roommate showed me the first 20-30 minutes of Superman 3, and I honestly could not believe this thing existed. The title sequence alone made me laugh hysterically.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Superman III is basically two movies in one, whose plot only intersect once, briefly.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

goldenoreos posted:

My roommate showed me the first 20-30 minutes of Superman 3, and I honestly could not believe this thing existed. The title sequence alone made me laugh hysterically.

I highly suggest Superman IV, then you will always view III as a cinematic classic.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Superman III made me afraid of the United Artists production logo for years. Every time I saw it was was afraid it was Superman III. Years later I found out UA had nothing to do with Superman III and I have no idea how my child mind connected the two.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Superman IV gave us this!

Actually if anyone could work that into avatar sized I would be eternally grateful.

Also, Shazam is going to be done by New Line and not Warner, and we are being told that it will be lighthearted and fun. I wonder what the deal is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Once DC confirms SHAZAM movie, Marvel announces Captain Marvel film for same date.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It'd be the clanging quantum bands teenage Rick Jones version. With added verbal component "Make mine marvel!"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Fox can make it a three way battle.

"Thing ring, do your thing!"

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Madkal posted:

Superman IV gave us this!

No, that's still Superman III. Superman IV contributed nothing of value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PantsOptional posted:

No, that's still Superman III. Superman IV contributed nothing of value.

I like to read about horribly troubled productions so it gave us that :kiddo:

• Locked thread