Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I hope that if Marvel make a Adam Warlock film they base it on the Magus storyline in which Adam, a golden skinned space-Jesus with PTSD and a sinister soul eating gem on his forehead, fights an evil future version of himself. This future versio has purple skin and an afro and as galactic God-King he conquers countless planets and forces all non-humanoid aliens he encounters into slavery and has all dissidents melted down into usable elements. Adam gets help from Gamora, Pip the Troll and Thanos because he thinks that when the time comes to wipe out all life in the galaxy it will be easier to defeat Adam than the Magus. To defeat the Magus Adam of course travels into the future and kills himself. it should of course be played totally straight except for maybe the clown dimension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pacino as Deadpool.

Think about it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

FreudianSlippers posted:

I hope that if Marvel make a Adam Warlock film they base it on the Magus storyline in which Adam, a golden skinned space-Jesus with PTSD and a sinister soul eating gem on his forehead, fights an evil future version of himself. This future versio has purple skin and an afro and as galactic God-King he conquers countless planets and forces all non-humanoid aliens he encounters into slavery and has all dissidents melted down into usable elements. Adam gets help from Gamora, Pip the Troll and Thanos because he thinks that when the time comes to wipe out all life in the galaxy it will be easier to defeat Adam than the Magus. To defeat the Magus Adam of course travels into the future and kills himself. it should of course be played totally straight except for maybe the clown dimension.

You have a bit of it wrong. Thanos helps him since Magnus was created to stop Thanos, and by stopping his creation that no one can defeat him.

Sad Rhino
Aug 23, 2014
Pacino will play an aged Blackbolt, who must find the strength to shout one last time.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

CelticPredator posted:

Pacino as Deadpool.

Think about it.

Danny Devito as Deadpool

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Danny Devito as M.O.D.O.K.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Greenplastic posted:

Danny Devito as Deadpool

Holy poo poo.

(Real Talk, Charlie Day would own that role, and if not Deadpool, he'd make a killer Weasel.)

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

CelticPredator posted:

Holy poo poo.

(Real Talk, Charlie Day would own that role, and if not Deadpool, he'd make a killer Weasel.)

Sorry, but ever since Wolverine and that CGI Deadpool test film, I can't see anyone other than Ryan Reynolds in that role.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

TheJoker138 posted:

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GET RID OF YOUR MARRIAGE TO MARY JANE? SHE'S GOT A GREAT ASSSSS!

E: HOO AH!

Oh my god.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

JohnSherman posted:

Sorry, but ever since Wolverine and that CGI Deadpool test film, I can't see anyone other than Ryan Reynolds in that role.

I honest to god think Johny Knoxville could own it too. And I am a HUGE advocate of Reynolds doing his Deadpool. If Knoxville some how got it instead, I would be very OK with it.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I honest to god think Johny Knoxville could own it too. And I am a HUGE advocate of Reynolds doing his Deadpool. If Knoxville some how got it instead, I would be very OK with it.

Greg Cipes would be a fun Deadpool.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
H Jon Benjamin as Deadpool.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Eh, the movie is to much like current Deadpool for my taste, his attitude works best when it is contrasted with some serious elements, but he is basically just a goofball at the moment.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ensign_Ricky posted:

And you'll never believe who saw Guardians and now wants a Marvel movie role.

Al. loving. Pacino.

I have no idea who to cast him as, but this is something that needs to happen.

Welp, there's Peter Quill's father right there.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

JohnSherman posted:

Ever since that CGI Deadpool test film, I can't see anyone working in that role.

I think on film, he may only work as the intentionally annoying secondary character.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

Holy poo poo.

Charlie Day as Agent X.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Yoshifan823 posted:

Welp, there's Peter Quill's father right there.

YES!

"I had lunch with Thanos HALF AN HOUR AGO!!!"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

JohnSherman posted:

I've wanted Reynolds as Deadpool ever since he had a passing interest in the role. But there's a chance it may never happen, at least with Reynolds. (but I hope it does)

ruddiger posted:

Charlie Day as Agent X.

Yes. Perfect, perfect, perfect casting.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Matthew Mcconaughey as Adam Warlock

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Unoriginal Name posted:

Matthew Mcconaughey as Adam Warlock

I guess we know how Interstellar ends now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

e X posted:

Eh, the movie is to much like current Deadpool for my taste, his attitude works best when it is contrasted with some serious elements, but he is basically just a goofball at the moment.

Have you been reading Posehn's run? It's very, very much lighter stuff contrasted with some of the darkest things he's ever gone through. It's the exact opposite of Way's garbage. The leaked script was also very much this, drawing mostly from his first ongoing.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I could see Al Pacino as the voice of Howard the Duck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 6, 2014

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Instead of having Thanos be CGI just slap a bunch of purple face paint on Pacino and use camera angles to make him look larger.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Charlie Day as Bob, Agent of HYDRA.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Someone give Al Pacino a space role. I looked up an article and some of the names people are throwing around are Doctor Strange (74 is too old for the lead and I doubt Pacino would sign a long contract for several sequels), The Supreme Intelligence (which is owned by FOX I think), Dr. Strange villain Baron Mordo (possible) or J'son in the GotG sequel.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Al Pacino should play Stan Lee

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

I'd love to see a high quality older actor like Pacino hamming up as Black Bolt. No long fight scenes, plenty of regal moments, and he'd have to mime through entire speeches.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Al Pacino is the voice of Pip.

Terrifying.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Al Pacino should play Stan Lee

Better yet, Pacino playing Jack Kirby/God.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gerund posted:

I'd love to see a high quality older actor like Pacino hamming up as Black Bolt. No long fight scenes, plenty of regal moments, and he'd have to mime through entire speeches.

This would be great, but I don't think Pacino is capable of not yelling and I'd like for the Marvel Universe to continue to exist.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Thanos being stopped by an epic HOO-HAAAH! would be a good way to end the MCU.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
If we're talking some Deadpool choices, if not for the fact he's already been used in a MCU film, I sort of wonder if Sam Rockwell could do it well.

For Pacino, I could almost imagine Sony trying to entice him for something like The Vulture. The ASM films seem to have just maybe the right camp-value for him to be in that. Too bad Robin Williams is dead, still think he could have been a cool take on Doc Ock.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

JediTalentAgent posted:

If we're talking some Deadpool choices, if not for the fact he's already been used in a MCU film

What MCU film was Deadpool in? The only film version I'm aware of is the horrible one from the Wolverine movie, and that's Fox, not MCU.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

WarLocke posted:

What MCU film was Deadpool in? The only film version I'm aware of is the horrible one from the Wolverine movie, and that's Fox, not MCU.

Sam Rockwell was in an MCU film (Iron Man 2), not Deadpool.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Darth Brooks posted:

I could see Al Pacino as the voice of Howard the Duck.

Jason Alexander should be the voice of Howard the Duck

Timeless Appeal posted:

Thanos being stopped by an epic HOO-HAAAH! would be a good way to end the MCU.

The best way to end the MCU would be to have Thanos slaughtering all of the Avengers/every other hero, and then have Superman fly in and save the day at the last second.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

ChickenMedium posted:

The best way to end the MCU would be to have Thanos slaughtering all of the Avengers/every other hero, and then have Wonder Woman fly in and save the day at the last second.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

ChickenMedium posted:

The best way to end the MCU would be to have Thanos slaughtering all of the Avengers/every other hero, and then have Squirrel Girl fly in and save the day at the last second.

:haw:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

She has CANONICALLY defeated Dr. Doom, Thanos, Mephisto, etc. in the comics so there wouldn't even be an exscuse for nerd rage.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Only if they have her show up, then pan away and then pan back to her having defeated Thanos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

Only if they have her show up, then pan away and then pan back to her having defeated Thanos.

She shows up, then there's a cut to her standing over Thanos' body with Captain America congratulating her on single handedly defeating what is most definitely the real Thanos, not a clone, robot, alternate universe version, etc.

• Locked thread