Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i love apple, i just love themn... i cant imagine using anything else. theyre sleek and shiny, and feel good in my mouth. im an apple boy allright, you wont hear me say anything else. love apples, ummmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
im not saying owning apple products causes you to suck cock but i mean there is a correlation amongst people of taste

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
lol, looks like the OP has the wrong forum and the wrong opinion!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

chaosbreather posted:

even in australia you can't walk without tripping over them, where do you live, antarctica? why do you need a phone in antarctica, so you can coordinate raping penguins with your penguin rapist friends? you don't have any friends, no-one likes penguin rapists. here's an idea, penguin rapist, move your tiny frostbitten dick literally anywhere where there's other people. look at you making fun of buttfuck usa when you literally live in a place without an apple store. its water you should be worried about icypole, not your battery, antarctica is like the dryest place on earth, maybe you should look it up on your iphone before you use it to wipe the baby penguin blood off

a quick look at my forum page would've told you where I live but clearly writing an unfunny load of dog poop is much higher in your list of priorities

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
Yeah I know you can't buy macs in mother Russia, what with comrade Putin outlawing teh gay.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

kode54 posted:

Yeah I know you can't buy macs in mother Russia, what with comrade Putin outlawing teh gay.

I'm gay for Putin

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
Atheist billionaire philanthropist vs dude dying of cancer for doing holistic medicine bullshit.

Hmm, I wonder which product is better.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I use linuxl o

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Pooned posted:

Atheist billionaire philanthropist vs dude dying of cancer for doing holistic medicine bullshit.

lol

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Pooned posted:

nerd in his basement who can outcode either of them

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

linux is genuinely better except it isnt really. its better in every way except the ways that are useful to everyday people. also nothing works. namaste

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
I have a macbook air, I don't hate it. Thanks

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Carol Pizzamom posted:

linux is genuinely better except it isnt really. its better in every way except the ways that are useful to everyday people. also nothing works. namaste

yeah osx is linux for people who don't want to have another separate computer/boot partition just so they can edit word documents and poo poo

but ios is just dumb

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i made my own os

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

apple may have caught up in simple things we're still mocking them about like how windows ME was really bad (but it wasn't as bad as a mac) lol but they still suck super hard, and you believe it's not that bad until you have something else, like using an android phone for the first time or admitting that the zune was a pretty good music pklayer

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Smoky One-bedder posted:

Long time PC user convert to mac. about 6 months ago, had a couple of hiccups, then, three and half minutes later was like, huh this is way better. All those people telling me so were actually trying to help. The best thing, I NEVER have to pay for anti-virus software. Why the gently caress did this take me a decade?

you dont need an anti virus for pc either lol, its called adblock dude

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Carol Pizzamom posted:

nerd in his basement who can outcode either of them

woz got owned

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

maybe before the anti virus stuff was true but now that our lord and savior adblock is here there is no need for buying an overpriced overdesigned piece of poo poo mac

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I heard one of the problems with Linux is some people in the open source community will actively sabotage software that's not open source by changing the OS to no longer be compatable. Then they'll go "if you open source your program we can look at the code and fix the issue".

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Lichy posted:

a quick look at my forum page would've told you where I live but clearly writing an unfunny load of dog poop is much higher in your list of priorities

i honestly didn't think you were serious, but i did some research and apparently moscow is still a city, and people live there? i guess they don't choose to live there though, so condolences i guess, maybe try moving to czechia, they seem to know what's going on there

but good news komrade google seems to think moscow has an apple store

btw you are from the country that created tetris. think about that and meditate on your utter failure at being a person

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
itt dirt poor computer janitors angrily explain how they are smarter for using crap products made by poo poo companies that dont make half the money apple does

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
the iphone biz is larger than all of microsoft lmao

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

chaosbreather posted:

i honestly didn't think you were serious, but i did some research and apparently moscow is still a city, and people live there? i guess they don't choose to live there though, so condolences i guess, maybe try moving to czechia, they seem to know what's going on there

but good news komrade google seems to think moscow has an apple store

btw you are from the country that created tetris. think about that and meditate on your utter failure at being a person

Moscow is amazing you loving maroon.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

newreply.php posted:

the iphone biz is larger than all of microsoft lmao

microsoft owns apple lmfao

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

newreply.php posted:

itt dirt poor computer janitors angrily explain how they are smarter for using crap products made by poo poo companies that dont make half the money apple does

itt retard sysadminds try to justify throwing their money away on poo poo because its popular

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

microsoft owns apple lmfao

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyy think you should go out and explore the exotic country you're staying in for a limited amount of time instead of sitting in your very small hotel posting about mac vs pcs. It's really easy to get sexy in tokyo, even i did it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

opus111 posted:

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyy think you should go out and explore the exotic country you're staying in for a limited amount of time instead of sitting in your very small hotel posting about mac vs pcs. It's really easy to get sexy in tokyo, even i did it.

It's absolutely pouring right now. I'm hanging out with residents and chatting. Feels like I am exploring. I'm actually in a large house. Now if you can make it stop raining I will head out.

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe

babypolis posted:

itt retard sysadminds try to justify throwing their money away on poo poo because its popular

If Apple is so popular, why are they only penetrating 10% of the PC market? Disregarding their handset popularity for a second here.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
itt bad opinions on both side

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

It's absolutely pouring right now. I'm hanging out with residents and chatting. Feels like I am exploring. I'm actually in a large house. Now if you can make it stop raining I will head out.

you can pick up an umbrella for 150 yen, or stealone from outside a convienencce store, then find a girl with no umbrella and offer to share one with her. sharing an umbrella in japan is very romantic

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

kode54 posted:

If Apple is so popular, why are they only penetrating 10% of the PC market? Disregarding their handset popularity for a second here.

10% of the population is retarded

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
it's dumb idiots that can't tell a trigger post.

like moths to a light

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

kode54 posted:

probably because they only do high-end ie where the money is? see also: why they are the only one making bank selling computers. also they suck for most businesses.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
also itt: i defend a megahuge corporation that couldnt care less whether i live or die

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

newreply.php posted:

probably because they only do high-end ie where the money is? see also: why they are the only one making bank selling computers. also they suck for most businesses.

apple isn't high end. it's just marked up to hell. they actually use poo poo parts.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
oh good another Apple thread.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Borden posted:

I heard one of the problems with Linux is some people in the open source community will actively sabotage software that's not open source by changing the OS to no longer be compatable. Then they'll go "if you open source your program we can look at the code and fix the issue".

this sounds like something an insane person would say to bash open source hippies, but it might be true, but if it is i haven't heard about it. im sure its happened once or something but i doubt its common

the main problem with linux is support, everyone who works on open source stuff as a side project wants to make a flashy gui or an application, no one wants to just make drivers, fix fringe cases of software/driver failures, or even fix random gui system utilities that dont work. If you get into linux, you need to be able to make scripts and do everything through the terminal, because although most distributions provide GUI stuff to do poo poo like 'have sound' or 'tell your computers screen not to turn off every ten minutes' these will often malfunction and go unsupported

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Carol Pizzamom posted:

no one wants to just make drivers, fix fringe cases of software/driver failures, or even fix random gui system utilities that dont work. If you get into linux, you need to be able to make scripts and do everything through the terminal, because although most distributions provide GUI stuff to do poo poo like 'have sound' or 'tell your computers screen not to turn off every ten minutes' these will often malfunction and go unsupported

I haven't had that happen in like 8 years, it's always just installed, detected hardware, and everything worked (ubuntu/xubuntu/linux mint). I'm sure it still does happen sometimes but my issues with linux are software compatibility and not hardware anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I haven't had that happen in like 8 years, it's always just installed, detected hardware, and everything worked (ubuntu/xubuntu/linux mint). I'm sure it still does happen sometimes but my issues with linux are software compatibility and not hardware anymore

Yeah seems I got unlucky, I had my video drivers flip out at me and my sound card is unsupported so I had to use a USB one I had laying around (But this is Creative's fault, so I guess that counts as software incompatability). Then the power thing and even just little things that bug me like a mouse utility that can't even turn off acceleration so you have to make a startup script in bash that messes with xinput and have it start on boot

Honestly Libreoffice isn't that bad, but I totally agree microsoft office suite is of a higher quality than linux office stuff, but it should be since Office is essentially microsoft's flagship product

• Locked thread