Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

http://506sports.com/

Sorry 5 posters who are watching Panthers @ Buccaneers.

I wonder why Columbus, GA and some of eastern Alabama get that but not Atlanta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Ramadu, I can't wait for you to work that sweet sweet black magic tomorrow.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
e: wrong thread

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Eh no is that upset about the amphetamines, its actually pretty funny all things considered.

MDMA? More like a :wth:crippling meth addiction:wth:

Much worse than Josh Gordon's probable mental dependence on weed

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...

wheez the roux posted:

e: wrong thread

Wrong thread and bad music.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Much worse than Josh Gordon's probable mental dependence on weed

That doesn't conflict with it being funny.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

That doesn't conflict with it being funny.

yeah sure but TFF

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

wraith_5_ posted:

Its these kind of statements that I'm talking about. You are so willing to defend a dumbass who continually breaks the law and NFL's rules while putting other people's lives in jeopardy. But a white dude does a party drug and suddenly he's satan.

I don't care about Welker, and I don't hate the dude at all. I'm criticizing the NFL, blockhead. I don't hate players, baby, I hate the game.:whatup:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

All I'm gonna say is, Welker and Ryan Mallet played together, and now one of them's in the legal weed capitol of the US and the other moved close to the border where the crank is plentiful. Follow the money, folks

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The NFL hates fun, part infinity

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
HGH testing is a very positive step, although I expect little in the way of results.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Rumor moving around that the Seahawks are looking at Champ Bailey. They waived WR Phil Bates, again, today and are almost certainly going to look for a guy to play the slot.

edit: Someone said they had a source for this at one point, but it seems to have vanished. Either way, they're adding someone.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Look, face paint is detrimental to the league because

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Why Roger

Why why why why why why

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

gently caress this, gently caress Goodell.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It's called a uniform, you know, one form. Jeez guys. :rolleyes:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Does that mean eye black is a uniform violation?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

MonsterWalk posted:

Ramadu, I can't wait for you to work that sweet sweet black magic tomorrow.

I hope so to since its the only way I watch games too!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
You can't even see his face paint with the helmet on, why bother making it a violation. gently caress the NFL.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

You can't even see his face paint with the helmet on, why bother making it a violation. gently caress the NFL.

Don't dare the NFL to institute a rule that helmets must remain on at all times including press conferences, you know they'd be all over that poo poo.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ricky Williams beat them to that punch

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Hey someone could write a gang sign in eye black. You can't be too careful. :colbert:

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Maybe the rules start changing now because of how many star players are currently suspended, instead of changing because now it's the white player who's suspended?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

If Tebow was still in he'd be fined for 3:16 face paint.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

I was trying to remember if the rule predated John Randle back when he started getting fined for his face paint and found this old newsgroup chat.

quote:

xavier30
10/8/98

This has to be a god drat circus they run over at NFL HQ. Does Paul really
not have that much to do in his office other than look for people to fine.
Remember when Jimmy Mac was wearing headbands? Fined for each one. He made a
mockery out of the game didn't he. I mean c'mon it was only a headband with
a word written on it. The best was when he wore the one in the SB that said
Rozell(sp) on it.
This truely is the NFL, Thats NoFunLeague.
I think they should fine Deion for:
1 wearing his head cover that says JESUS on it, this is football not church.
2 That big gold chain - leave the jewlery at home
3 all that show boating he does when lining up to return a punt
4 Just for being Deion!
I too would like the League office address, maybe we all should write
letters on Randles' behalf, just
flood them with it. Maybe they will get the picture.
Brian

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

DancingMachine posted:

Yeah HGH testing kinda sucks. Is there even much evidence that it's very bad for you?

Edit: Short answer is not really, though there's also not much reason to be confident it's safe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone_treatment#Adverse_effects

This post is loving hilarious.

Also, it wasn't Welker's suspension that spurred the talks, it actually was Gordon's(especially how it contrasted to Rice's lenient sentence and subsequent backlash)suspension. I posted somewhere that the league and NFLPA were close to an agreement before Welker even happened.

Goodell has been using the league's draconian pot policy as a bargaining chip to get HGH testing in for years.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 7, 2014

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
What rear end in a top hat in the league office decided to give Raleigh Houston vs Washington over Atlanta vs New Orleans?

Also, I know the NFL season is back when I get stuck with a crappy Steelers game over a much better matchup. Week 1 baby!

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
GUYS

FOOTBALL.

TOMORROW. FOOTBALL TOMORROW.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
Does anybody really think that HGH testing is about player health? This is the same league that is desperately trying to conceal that everybody is getting brain damage. They don't care about player safety.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

warcrimes posted:

This post is loving hilarious.

Also, it wasn't Welker's suspension that spurred the talks, it actually was Gordon's(especially how it contrasted to Rice's lenient sentence and subsequent backlash)suspension. I posted somewhere that the league and NFLPA were close to an agreement before Welker even happened.

Goodell has been using the league's draconian pot policy as a bargaining chip to get HGH testing in for years.

The funny thing is that the HGH test is ridiculously terrible and has to be taken within hours of shooting up to detect anything. There was a reason everyone let out a collective "lol, what?" When Chael Sonnen got popped for it.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
Just found out here, in the goddamn south, the Steelers grip is strong enough to allow me to see my Brownies first game.

Hail Satan. Insha'Allah.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

MonsterWalk posted:

Just found out here, in the goddamn south, the Steelers grip is strong enough to allow me to see my Brownies first game.

Hail Satan. Insha'Allah.

When I was in Rhode Island last year, I was gonna miss the Browns/Bears game, given that it is Pats country up there. So, I just looked up the local RI Browns Backers and made arrangements to meet up at their bar. Turns out, I went to high school with the head Backer guy.

So, look up the closest Backers group.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

wheez the roux posted:

GUYS

FOOTBALL.

I eagerly await NFL RedZone.

And...THE QUAD BOX.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I really wish we opened with anyone but the Patriots.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Ehud posted:

I really wish we opened with anyone but the Patriots.

Same with the Browns and Steelers. Done even wanna go out and watch

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I fully expect a 35+ point beating by the Steelers. Maybe even a complete carbon copy of 2007 opener where we end up trading Hoyer on Monday.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

wheez the roux posted:

GUYS

FOOTBALL.

I'm going to my friend's/fantasy league commissioner's house and a few people from our league are going to be there and we're going to make ribs and potatoes and artichoke cheesy dip and drink beer and talk poo poo and have three TV's on (one of them a projector) and it's going to be awesome

I missed football so much

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hockles posted:

I fully expect a 35+ point beating by the Steelers. Maybe even a complete carbon copy of 2007 opener where we end up trading Hoyer on Monday.

I'm in Texas now and can't watch Browns. :_(

But yes, the Steelers are going to end JFF's career.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Gatts posted:

I'm in Texas now and can't watch Browns. :_(

See my other post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Should I try to watch the Browns...?

Any advice for getting less angry at them?

• Locked thread