Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What does the Cookie do in Coin Collector? Is it just to make fun of me for spending, what, 10^96 Fortune on Locks that do nothing?

It's a big bonus to some stuff but you probably can't tell with the numbers spazzing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dis astranagant posted:

It's a big bonus to some stuff but you probably can't tell with the numbers spazzing out.
Yeah, exactly. I didn't see my overall coins per second go up significantly, but literally anything else could have happened. And I wasn't looking at Yoshi coins at the time, so maybe that went up by three orders of magnitude without my seeing. It's hard to tell.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Ascensions have disappeared from my list of things to do in coin collector? It's probably another dumb thing I'm missing, but any help?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

MooCowlian posted:

Ascensions have disappeared from my list of things to do in coin collector? It's probably another dumb thing I'm missing, but any help?
They disappear once you get the 10-Ascension upgrade thing... was that The White? There's no use for them after that, I guess. Which is weird, because they give 5% bonuses and there's no real other use for the Fortune Coins and stuff.

e: Huh. In that case... did you just reset? Do you have to rebuy the thing that lets you ascend? I've forgotten whether that is one of those things you have to rebuy every reset.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 7, 2014

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I don't have that upgrade yet though, which is the problem.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Coin Collector sorely needs a buy x10 and x100 button. And actual number names instead of that E crap.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
That's all limitations from the IGM engine. Orteil is really bad at updating stuff.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I haven't looked at it since an update wiped my progress until now but Rebuild The Universe has got quite a lot of updates and balance changes. Achievements actually work now :toot:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

drunken officeparty posted:

I haven't looked at it since an update wiped my progress until now but Rebuild The Universe has got quite a lot of updates and balance changes. Achievements actually work now :toot:

You fool, the universe was safe before you told me that. Now I've refreshed and exploded it along with all other possible universes. Not sure if I'm missing out on achievements by continuing to play despite this though...

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I only just realized in Adventure Capitalist that the random additional Newspaper Delivery etc that you can buy with one-off payments of investors don't alter the price you pay for the next manually bought one, and therefore are best taken right at the beginning of a run rather than at the end.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Breetai posted:

I only just realized in Adventure Capitalist that the random additional Newspaper Delivery etc that you can buy with one-off payments of investors don't alter the price you pay for the next manually bought one, and therefore are best taken right at the beginning of a run rather than at the end.

Buy everything upgrade and manager-wise that can at the start of the reset, then go back to buying businesses.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I feel like I've won

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Fateo McMurray posted:

I feel like I've won

You're pretty much out of stuff to chase, aren't you?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I still got these guys! Bonus content!

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Fateo McMurray posted:

I still got these guys! Bonus content!

I'm just about where you are at.

I'm waiting for the point where I load up the game to get the last thing I can purchase only to find its updated with achievements for 3,000 on all items and what not. :v:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Im "Stuck" in Wall Destroyer.

Having destroyed the 9 bonus walls i am now working on the Space Walls, but it is going so slow. I am up to wall #6 now i believe, and have been waiting for over 24h and am not even halfway there yet.
There are no obvious upgrades to get either, except the double black destroyer damage which i just unlocked at 100 destroyers. I have bought the other buildings until the price for each is my gold/second, and bought all related upgrades. Most recently i got the 7x damage on hand punchers, which didnt increase my damage with 1/10th of a percent even.
Do i just need to tough it out? I am losing interest rapidly.
Also, when should i reset? I reset the first time after destroying the first 4 walls, then the second time after destroying the 9 bonus walls, ie before starting on space walls.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
There's a point where you have enough upgrades that you can easily pump out a bunch of resets. You'll want to reset, break a bunch of walls and repeat a few dozen times. You'll start earning trophies and time bear wards.

It's changed a bit since I went through it, you may need coins or some stuff, just pay attention to the requirements to buy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
After a laborious hand count, I have 432/437 upgrades in Wall Destroyer. I know one of the missing five is 1e36 hand damage, one is the "Scroll A-50" that I currently can see but haven't broken the Boss Finality Wall to get. What are the other three? I have eight of the random Deep Time upgrades, and I see that breaking the last wall will give me whatever I don't have, are there eleven of those total, more scrolls after A-50, or am I missing something?

I have 700/700/700/700/600/600/600/500/500/500/500/450/350/500 buildings, which TTBF said was enough for everything and I basically agree.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
From memory: do you have the star-numbered trophy (Tellurium Trophy), and the... Unobtanium? Time Bear Ward is the last of those from memory.

The third is going to be "The End", which appears after busting the wall.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

From memory: do you have the star-numbered trophy (Tellurium Trophy), and the... Unobtanium? Time Bear Ward is the last of those from memory.

The third is going to be "The End", which appears after busting the wall.
I don't have the star-numbered trophy (and if its requirements are visible in the #1 Finality-Tier Trophy box I can't see them because the drat boxes go off the bottom of the screen) and my last Time Bear Wards are Rainbow, Final, and Black. That'd be it, then! I guess I could reset, but I'm already at 2e35 hand damage... oh well, it'll probably go faster with more multipliers. What are the requirements?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What are the requirements?

400 capsules, 35 boss points, 300 bonus points, defeating the Boss Finality Wall. Also you have the last time bear ward, I was wrong. Loading up my file I see that a) the game updated and looks all pretty THE DAY AFTER I BEAT IT, and b) it's Scroll C-32 that you're also missing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Awesome, thanks. I'll just idle on the Boss Wall, then. And maybe up my autoclick rate, since that's basically all of my damage.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DACK FAYDEN posted:

(and if its requirements are visible in the #1 Finality-Tier Trophy box I can't see them because the drat boxes go off the bottom of the screen)

Disable adblock to fix that. It'll create a small ad that will give you plenty of reading space, plus it's a nice thing to do.

Edit:

To find any hidden achievements in chrome, right click on an achievement and click "inspect element"

You'll get a list of all the achievements. The ones you already have are 'won,' the ones you don't are 'hidden'.
I think it'll work for upgrades too.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 9, 2014

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Darkseid's comment about things being updated also applies, the layout has been incredibly improved and extra white space has been inserted for both the achievements and upgrades so you might have less trouble reading the tooltip boxes even with Adblock on. Save button's at the bottom of the upgrades frame and then you just hit refresh and bam, way nicer look and updated graphics.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Darkseid's comment about things being updated also applies, the layout has been incredibly improved and extra white space has been inserted for both the achievements and upgrades so you might have less trouble reading the tooltip boxes even with Adblock on. Save button's at the bottom of the upgrades frame and then you just hit refresh and bam, way nicer look and updated graphics.
Yeah, it looks beautiful now, comparatively! Still not crazy about the background color.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Finally finished with Wall Destroyer. Finally. Thank God.

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

For the past month or so my Anti-Idle in Chrome has been periodically crashing. Turns out according to Chrome's task manager, once Anti-Idle starts it just keeps eating more and more memory until finally it's using too much for Chrome to handle and the Flash plugin crashes. Has this happened to anybody else, or am I just being too stubborn to listen to the universe telling me to stop?

On a non-complaining note, I found the shark game when I was going through the thread and really enjoyed it.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I'm up to the Boss Finality Wall in Wall Destroyer and it looks like it's gonna take the better part of a week to beat. I have everything up to the Finality Tier trophy unlocked. Where do I go from here?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

AlmightyPants posted:

I'm up to the Boss Finality Wall in Wall Destroyer and it looks like it's gonna take the better part of a week to beat. I have everything up to the Finality Tier trophy unlocked. Where do I go from here?

Yeah, you're in the nasty place. Honestly? Get all the upgrades (I assume you have them, but), buy as much of the cheapest building possible whenever you let it run for a little (reminder: these should be adding something around 1% per to your clicks/a lot of other passives, it adds up), and autoclick like a motherfucker. That's really the only solution at that point.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Yeah, you're in the nasty place. Honestly? Get all the upgrades (I assume you have them, but), buy as much of the cheapest building possible whenever you let it run for a little (reminder: these should be adding something around 1% per to your clicks/a lot of other passives, it adds up), and autoclick like a motherfucker. That's really the only solution at that point.

I'm pretty sure I have all the upgrades at this point, and I have an autoclicker running. The only thing I don't have bought is Scroll A-50. Is this the end of the game right here?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
That's where I am, if you read the brief discussion on missing upgrades above. There isn't anything else after, except for a trophy. That said, my upgrade count came up one short when I hit 1e36 hand damage and didn't unlock another punching upgrade.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

There's an upgrade you can buy only after you destroy the final wall.

naptalan
Feb 18, 2009
Clicker Heroes is pretty satisfying, so far as idle games go. It generates gold when you're not playing, actively updates with new features/rebalancing, and is apparently endless. Plus there's the chat, which is exactly as bad as you'd expect. I would probably have stopped playing by now if not for the chat. :munch:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Still in a race to see if I can get everything to 2000 in Adventure Capitalist before 2.0 hits. My last three are sitting at 1900, just farming AIs now.

The worst thing is I have enough AIs to buy the last two AI upgrades, but I'd have to blow almost all I have to do it, and I dunno if the boost will justify it.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Do an export on adventure capitalist, then open an incognito window and import it to a game there. Buy the AI upgrades in your incognito window and see if its worth it. If it is, do it in your non-incognito window. :eng101:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
It justifies it if you have 5 (I can't remember if it's duotredecillion, but the same word as the cost) to buy the 1 and 2 (duotredecillion?) ones. I bit the bullet and checked last night by upgrading and checking my $/second.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

nucleicmaxid posted:

It justifies it if you have 5 (I can't remember if it's duotredecillion, but the same word as the cost) to buy the 1 and 2 (duotredecillion?) ones. I bit the bullet and checked last night by upgrading and checking my $/second.

Sitting at somewhere around 4.7 duotrethisshitisridiculous.

As of 13 hours ago I had another 3.8 waiting for me to grab them on a reset, I guess I'll do that tonight an see where it takes me.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
It's tredecillion, that's the one I'm talking about, the 1 and 2 tredecillion ones are the ones where it's profitable after you have 5 to spend, so long as you only reset after you get back over 3 again in your stocked to reset angels, you're coming out ahead.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

:arghfist::smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I hate this thread and everyone in it. You guys cost me 2 days.

• Locked thread