Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kirios posted:

The Texans will be the 2013 Chiefs and the Chiefs will be the 2013 Texans.

Huh, you know, it wouldn't be *that* weird if the Texans started out 9-0 with their schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I don't know why we aren't talking more about the inevitable fallout from Trombone gate.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

Huh, you know, it wouldn't be *that* weird if the Texans started out 9-0 with their schedule.

Oh no, don't give the Chiefs the #1 overall again! We'd have to flip Alex Smith for a pick and select Jameis Winston and a great WR in the first, then just draft defense in the remaining rounds.

Not saying lost season, but this season probably isn't going to be pretty, just based on schedule alone, let alone their play.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

If the Skins nab a top 3 pick (still early, I know) its gonna be real fun summer if DCD\iuwqrg p;ouh'IOFH o"ihf op*uhweog*f

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The NFL and NFL player's association are meeting today to discuss a new drug policy. If the measures change, Josh Gordon may be reinstated, according to ESPN Cleveland.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I meant that the Texans schedule looks so soft that they could conceivably win 11 games despite having the talent to only win 6-8.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bigass Moth posted:

The NFL and NFL player's association are meeting today to discuss a new drug policy. If the measures change, Josh Gordon may be reinstated, according to ESPN Cleveland.

If they can retroactively reinstate Gordon, why can't they retroactively change Rice's suspension?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

So apparently Lance Briggs was out until 4am Saturday morning buying shots for his friends.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

If they can retroactively reinstate Gordon, why can't they retroactively change Rice's suspension?

Got to respect the shield.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

This is being discussed in the domestic violence megathread we've got, but it looks like there are some legal reasons which I won't pretend to understand or care about.

The owners can collude to not sign restricted free agents, they can collude to not have Rice play again.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chichevache posted:

This is being discussed in the domestic violence megathread we've got, but it looks like there are some legal reasons which I won't pretend to understand or care about.

The owners can collude to not sign restricted free agents, they can collude to not have Rice play again.

It's probably the same logic for pardoning people but not for extending their sentences.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Speaking of the drug policy, why were Blount and Bell allowed to play yesterday?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

So apparently Lance Briggs was out until 4am Saturday morning buying shots for his friends.

Is that Friday -> Saturday or Saturday -> Sunday.

If it's the former who the gently caress cares.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@AlbertBreer
Texans S DJ Swearinger told me Jadeveon Clowney said in the immediate aftermath he stepped on one of "the holes" in the NRG Stadium field.

The number 1 pick in the draft is out for over a month because of the one turf worse than Fedex Field

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Chris James 2 posted:

@AlbertBreer
Texans S DJ Swearinger told me Jadeveon Clowney said in the immediate aftermath he stepped on one of "the holes" in the NRG Stadium field.

The number 1 pick in the draft is out for over a month because of the one turf worse than Fedex Field

The baseball/football poo poo fields have to be up there for awful playing surfaces.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@JamesWalkerNFL
Joe Philbin said LB Dannell Ellerbe will be on IR and the team will sign Kelvin Sheppard.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ozu posted:

@JamesWalkerNFL
Joe Philbin said LB Dannell Ellerbe will be on IR and the team will sign Kelvin Sheppard.

Huh...

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Chris James 2 posted:

@AlbertBreer

Why would you cheap out on the field of all things? It'd be better to pay the extra money for a good field and have less injuries.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

sportsgenius86 posted:

Todd Haley should be completely off of this list for no other reason than that godawful third down draw to Blount.

Oh right, I knew it was too good to be true. It was like 3rd down and 2 as well, inexplicable.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

If they get it done it would probably save Welker, too.

Can someone tell me how good the New York Football Giants defence is? I know they have that Prince guy but they're the team I maybe follow the least. Is Detroit going to shred them?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Speaking of the drug policy, why were Blount and Bell allowed to play yesterday?

They haven't tested positive for marijuana and it happened so close to the season there wasn't time for discipline for the first few games. Goodell usually only brings down the hammer after the court date (or the plea deal).

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Why would you cheap out on the field of all things? It'd be better to pay the extra money for a good field and have less injuries.

That's a little something called "home field advantage" - the visiting team doesn't know where all the holes are! Clowney's a rookie and probably lost his field hole map.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

N: Eric Ebron drafted himself in the Lions' fantasy football league.

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/10594/detroit-lions-have-their-own-fantasy-league

V: I like this guy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blackula69 posted:

Is Detroit going to shred them?

I think this is more or less the general expectation. But week one and all, we really have no idea how good or bad anyone is until we see them play.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Blackula69 posted:

If they get it done it would probably save Welker, too.

Can someone tell me how good the New York Football Giants defence is? I know they have that Prince guy but they're the team I maybe follow the least. Is Detroit going to shred them?

Oline is bad. QB is an enigma. HB is a glorified backup.

Dline is full of questionmarks. LBs are BAD. DBs could be serviceable, but can't cover loving megatron.

Unless Stafford gives them the game or the Giants have been playing possum all pre-season its going to be ugly.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blackula69 posted:

Oh right, I knew it was too good to be true. It was like 3rd down and 2 as well, inexplicable.

I cannot even begin to understand the reasoning behind it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
News:

Views: :drat:

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003

Parlett316 posted:

The baseball/football poo poo fields have to be up there for awful playing surfaces.

All one of them?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

If they had Josh Gordon the Browns would actually be a pretty good team

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

According to Adam Schefter there's a double jeopardy thing in the CBA that means they can't give him two separate suspensions for the same incident. This doesn't stop the Ravens from not allowing him to play again, however, though gently caress knows if they'll do anything like that.

Also my spider sense is telling me Ray MacDonald is going to be nailed to a cross even harder as a result of this leak, and I honestly don't have a problem with that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@RapSheet
#Rams may be without starting QB Shaun Hill on Sunday vs. the #Bucs. He has a strained quad & his status is in doubt. Know more Wed or Thurs

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

@RapSheet
#Rams may be without starting QB Shaun Hill on Sunday vs. the #Bucs. He has a strained quad & his status is in doubt. Know more Wed or Thurs

Super excited for Austin Davis or whoever to run wild on my team

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chris James 2 posted:

@RapSheet

What the gently caress did you do to Shaun Hill (PBUH), St. Louis?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

If they had Josh Gordon the Browns would actually be a pretty good team

Well if he had beat a woman in an elevator instead of smoking weed, he'd be playing this season. The NFL needs to improve their punishment system.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Interesting move.

@RapSheet
According to agent @jeffsperbeck: #49ers RB @LaMichaelJames has requested and received his release from the team. Wow.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ozu posted:

Interesting move.

@RapSheet
According to agent @jeffsperbeck: #49ers RB @LaMichaelJames has requested and received his release from the team. Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ru8DMW-grY

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ozu posted:

Interesting move.

@RapSheet

Why hasn't he seen any action? Does he just suck?

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
And Rice is cut.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

That Which Squeaks posted:

And Rice is cut.

That's nice but it shouldn't have taken the public seeing this video and getting outraged for that to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Ozu posted:

Interesting move.

@RapSheet

24 years old, has 3 kids and walks away from an NFL salary. OK.

• Locked thread