Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

football fuckerman posted:

Last time he said it was his job to lead his family and lead his wife

Last time, a new press conference is what I thought he was talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

im gay posted:

What exactly did the NFL expect the video to show. I guess her hitting her face on the way down was the line.

Oh wait, you PUNCHED her?! I thought you said you gave her some punch!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!

football fuckerman posted:

Last time he said it was his job to lead his family and lead his wife

He also said that they had both learned from it and had become better people and better parents due to the whole thing.

quote:

Do you think all the other quotes from the last page that were made in jest are actually from a new press conference too?

I was just saying that if there's a new press conference Ray Rice is just gonna say the same poo poo. "Look guys. We both really learned from this!"

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Dexo posted:

I could have been mistaken. I have nothing to do today but lay here watching sportscenter lopping drugs and when I turned on the espn stream he was having a press conference, maybe they were just replaying the old one.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Ravens are the national game on Thursday night this week. I think the NFL probably regrets this scheduling decision!!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, I was just going off of the assumption that they never saw the video. Obviously his lawyers would contest that, and it sure seems like they'd have a lot of grounds to base that on. But if they hadn't, then I think that gives them the right to reopen the case and not worry about double jeopardy.

Even then it's questionable, as even if new evidence is opened up, I'm pretty sure you can't just recharge someone once they have been charged already.

If both sides already agreed to the plea deal before more evidence pops up you can't renege on said deal...

drfunk
Mar 15, 2007
I don't anticipate any further punishment for Ray Rice. But, I would prefer he was removed from the NFL.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chokes McGee posted:

So your official policy on the fact that a man beat the poo poo out of a woman half his size and the Ravens throwing their support behind him, even after being briefed on exactly what happened, is "no you."

Great, thanks for that.

Yes, my policy of pointing out the irony and hypocrisy of what parmesan basil said in calling for the Ravens to be dumped into the ocean means what your broken brain regurgitated back at me

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

He also said that they had both learned from it and had become better people and better parents due to the whole thing.

Do you think all the other quotes from the last page that were made in jest are actually from a new press conference too?

I was just saying that if there's a new press conference Ray Rice is just gonna say the same poo poo. "Look guys. We both really learned from this!"

No I thought all of the other posts were confusing what you were saying as if they were from a new press conference. I do in fact remember that stupid rear end press conference.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

mA posted:

"I've learned how to lead my wife."

This sounds like some kind of twisted wife-boxing reference.

"Yeah that bitch does a good job bobbing and weaving, i gotta lead my fist a bit to compensate"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yes, my policy of pointing out the irony and hypocrisy of what parmesan basil said in calling for the Ravens to be dumped into the ocean means what your broken brain regurgitated back at me

How do the situations in any way compare?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'm not quite sure what the Chiefs could have done to undo a murder/suicide, you might be expecting a bit much of them here.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

That was a pretty nice and compact punch, Mayweather would be proud.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Dexo posted:

That was a pretty nice and compact punch, Mayweather would be proud.

Nah, Floyd would make sure that poo poo wasn't on camera and would hit her in the back of the head.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm not quite sure what the Chiefs could have done to undo a murder/suicide, you might be expecting a bit much of them here.

Romeo Crennel as your HC and Brady Quinn as your starting QB? I could see that driving people to deranged acts of violence.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@JasonLaCanfora
Ravens have announced an 8pm availability with coach John Harbaugh and players

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Droopy Goines posted:

The NFL are probably afraid that if they prevent people convicted of domestic assault from playing then they are going to lose valuable players.

But at least he didn't say anything racist so we won't see any noticeable outrage from the players.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1686301-every-nfl-player-arrested-in-2013/

"You can hire a rapist, a murderer, a cannibal, hell, but as long as they can catch and throw a ball good, they will get paid".

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ozu posted:

@JasonLaCanfora
Ravens have announced an 8pm availability with coach John Harbaugh and players

RIPGo gently caress Off Ray Rice.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

ColdReaches posted:

"You can hire a rapist, a murderer, a cannibal, hell, but as long as they can catch and throw a ball good, they will get paid".

I must have missed some offseason news.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That has to mean they're cutting him, right? Right?!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kirios posted:

That has to mean they're cutting him, right? Right?!

8pm means, Ok lets fill out this paperwork, send it through legal, cross T's dot I's and then announce his release, having everyone available.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ColdReaches posted:

You do realize the post you quoted just proved that NFL players are on average significantly better behaved than the rest of the population, right?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
The most interesting part of this whole thing isn't Ray Rice's future at all. It's the fact that the NFL apparently lied about seeing the video and if anything will eventually come of that.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Whirlwind Jones posted:

The most interesting part of this whole thing isn't Ray Rice's future at all. It's the fact that the NFL apparently lied about seeing the video and if anything will eventually come of that.

Either that or all these twitter-wielding journalists disseminated baseless facts about the case, two notions I am delighted to see exposed in such an embarrassing way.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Chichevache posted:

You do realize the post you quoted just proved that NFL players are on average significantly better behaved than the rest of the population, right?

Yeah, but as a counterpoint barring a few serious transgressions, most of the players if working a common job, would either be fired, or sent to jail. In the NFL you get as many chances as you want.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

How dumb do the Ravens fans feel about giving Ray Rice a standing ovation yesterday?

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Dexo posted:

8pm means, Ok lets fill out this paperwork, send it through legal, cross T's dot I's and then announce his release, having everyone available.

That should be the standard punishment for something like this. None of this six-game suspension poo poo - you beat up your wife, you're done.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kirios posted:

How dumb do the Ravens fans feel about giving Ray Rice a standing ovation yesterday?

It wasn't yesterday, it was at that practice or whatever a month ago.

But looking at a few other forums, he has very few backers left.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kirios posted:

look we don't even have audio yet who knows what she said to provoke him

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kirios posted:

It's a fanbase that deified Ray Lewis and wears purple camo pants. The "feeling dumb" ship has long set sail.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Codependent Poster posted:

How do the situations in any way compare?

I'd classify the Belcher "situation" as the ultimate expression of domestic violence, but you know I can see how others might miss that

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

:stare:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Waiting for you to make a quick connection between tom brady cheating on his pregnant gf

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So why did she apologize exactly? I see absolutely nothing she did in the video to justify getting knocked out.

"I'm sorry my face was in the way of Ray Rice's fist. This is inexcusable and it will not happen again."

OBR
Apr 9, 2009
I'm not really following how this video changes anything. We already had a video of him dragging a unconscious woman out of an elevator. Was it really unclear to anyone how she came to be unconscious in the elevator? Was there reasonable doubt that there was some kind of loss of air pressure during the ride?

How does it take a video of the punch to get people riled up about the two game suspension and inaction from the Ravens?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
So whats the Fantasy move here, Justin Forsett?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'd classify the Belcher "situation" as the ultimate expression of domestic violence, but you know I can see how others might miss that

Please tell me exactly what you'd have the Chiefs do about Jovan Belcher, who, after his ultimate expression of domestic violence, was dead. Like I genuinely want to know what they could have done there.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kirios posted:

So why did she apologize exactly? I see absolutely nothing she did in the video to justify getting knocked out.

"I'm sorry my face was in the way of Ray Rice's fist. This is inexcusable and it will not happen again."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battered_person_syndrome

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

kidcoelacanth posted:

Please tell me exactly what you'd have the Chiefs do about Jovan Belcher, who, after his ultimate expression of domestic violence, was dead.

Well they didn't suspend him for any games now did they? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

OBR posted:

I'm not really following how this video changes anything. We already had a video of him dragging a unconscious woman out of an elevator. Was it really unclear to anyone how she came to be unconscious in the elevator? Was there reasonable doubt that there was some kind of loss of air pressure during the ride?

How does it take a video of the punch to get people riled up about the two game suspension and inaction from the Ravens?

Welcome to The Football Funhouse, you must be new here.

• Locked thread