Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Lowen posted:

I got an error while submitting my replay, but my name shows up on the list of people who've submitted times for the track. I guess it's ok?

E-mail it in anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Is it just me or is the author time loving IMPOSSIBLE?

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Lowen posted:

I got an error while submitting my replay, but my name shows up on the list of people who've submitted times for the track. I guess it's ok?
Oh dear, looks like something broke with the uploads. I fixed it now, could everyone that already submitted (CannibalK9, Jabor, Great Joe, Lowen) please resubmit their replays to make sure it's working correctly now?

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Great Joe posted:

It is for me as well. Not sure where it is now but I have to get at least 1 sec faster than I'm now and I usually got the AT on every track. Good to see others have problems as well thought I overlooked some random shortcut or sth because I'm having quite the trouble with this one.

Also gently caress that 180 degree turn close to the finish (e.g. the one leading into the jump and then uphill stretch to the finish) :argh:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Great Joe posted:

On one hand I agree, on the other hand it makes me thing I'm missing something very, very important that will save me a lot of time.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

SupSuper posted:

Oh dear, looks like something broke with the uploads. I fixed it now, could everyone that already submitted (CannibalK9, Jabor, Great Joe, Lowen) please resubmit their replays to make sure it's working correctly now?
Still broken.

Ghetto Wizard
Aug 11, 2007

Great Joe posted:

It is not impossible, it's just a little more difficult than usual. Drifting is important.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Great Joe posted:

Still broken.
Your replay is actually on the site now though, so I assume the latest submission worked, and it just throws an error because it was missing a replay before, so it should be fine now.

When in doubt you can just email it in anyways. I'm not gonna blame you for submitting late if it's my fault. :v:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Okay it works now, I got the green "Replay submitted!" box instead of the red error box.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Great Joe posted:

It could be that it's a better time here. I don't remember how well I drove it exactly. This is actually the first track I made, I just pushed it to later in the season because I figured it'd be too hard.

Thistledown
Dec 18, 2009
How can you be worried about AT? I can't even get gold... :negative:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Thistledown posted:

How can you be worried about AT?
It's like a benchmark, the hardest part so far has been after getting the author medal. It means I probably won't be able to get more than 3 seconds out of the track, but I think I'd be lucky to squeeze out .3 seconds out now.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Great Joe posted:

It's like a benchmark, the hardest part so far has been after getting the author medal. It means I probably won't be able to get more than 3 seconds out of the track, but I think I'd be lucky to squeeze out .3 seconds out now.

I'm too proud to settle on a time until I get the AT.

There's been a lot of head banging over it on this track, that's for sure. And I'm still working to improve, I like this track a lot.

Foozle
May 29, 2006
How do you see the author medal time? I'm probably just missing something obvious, but so far it's just been a nice surprise to get the popup after I manage to have that run.

I like this track but I think I'm running out of time to shave off. It's to the point where I'm looking at a few tenths, maybe a half second if I really hit things just right.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Foozle posted:

How do you see the author medal time?
You don't. You just bash your head against the track until you get it.

Then you keep bashing your head some more, keep going until the blood stops. :unsmigghh:

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Just to remind everyone you still have til Tuesday to submit. This seems to have become confusing though so I'll probably be going back to Monday deadlines after this.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Probably more confusing because you never updated the second post, tho.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Just watched Baconic Rites.

Entropist, how did you get so far out in front on that first drop?

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

Probably more confusing because you never updated the second post, tho.
:doh: At least I remembered to update the website.

Edit: On another note, people who signed up for the Goon Track, remember to check your emails or you might get skipped over.

SupSuper fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Sep 7, 2014

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

SupSuper posted:

Edit: On another note, people who signed up for the Goon Track, remember to check your emails or you might get skipped over.

Oops. That was pointed at me. :ohdear: I'll have something back to you tomorrow.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Glazius posted:

Just watched Baconic Rites.

Entropist, how did you get so far out in front on that first drop?

Pro tricks:

Entropist posted:

SA7 - Baconic Rites
But wait, there's a twist! If you are cool enough to pop a wheelie on the preceding bump, as I am in the screenshot of course, you can actually use this wheelie to flip the front of the car right over the edge and down the hill, allowing you to pass the checkpoint much faster with almost no need to slow down! This is quite tricky though, that's why this bit is at the start and it won't cost much time to try it many times.

This way the front of the car already has a 'head start' on falling down, it goes down much faster taking the rest of the car with it, and you can have more speed without overjumping into the checkpoint.

AtomicSX
Jan 10, 2007
OK I finally got the run I wanted, shaved off around 0.7s over my last personal best and I doubt I'll be able to save much more time without spending a lot more hours on it.

I definitely made a couple mistakes, letting off the gas just a tad when I probably shouldn't have, but I feel like it's a solid time. Looking forward to what other people got :).

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

AtomicSX posted:

letting off the gas just a tad when I probably shouldn't have

Better this than just barely clipping a wall, completely ruining the run.

...:(

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
For me, the hardest part about this current track is that section before the last CP. That turn-into-drop-down just kills me. I know there's another .25-.50 in there if I can just hit it right, but I tend to either have to slow down too much to avoid swinging wide before the drop and hitting the wall, or else when I do hit it nice and fast, the landing on that dirt-mix block can get really funky for some reason. The rest of the track feels pretty good, but that bit... :argh:

In other news, if anyone is feeling slightly masochistic (and hey, you are in this thread), I just released Perfect 10 7.

It's a stadium track, and like all my "Perfect 10" tracks, it's very difficult (think Trials-ish).
Also, you only drive on 10 track blocks to complete the track, thus the name.

This one is about 30 seconds long, and I'd love to see some replays. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thistledown
Dec 18, 2009
Well I got up here, and I gather it's to get speed to defeat the boost pad, but the entry gate makes that pretty hard.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Thistledown posted:

Well I got up here, and I gather it's to get speed to defeat the boost pad, but the entry gate makes that pretty hard.

You can actually get past the booster directly from the starting block. That's the finish bit you're on there. :)

Try some controlled/forced drifting over the initial reverse booster--gas+brake. You can work your way over it to the CP.

AtomicSX
Jan 10, 2007
Not sure if I found the intended path to run the course Aas (doesn't involve first getting up to where Thistledown is in that screenshot), but I'm pretty sure the best I could get doing it would be ~45s or so. Just haven't been able to string together the two segments on one try yet.

edit: Yeah I jumped down instead of trying to shimmy my way up the boost pad.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

AtomicSX posted:

Not sure if I found the intended path to run the course Aas (doesn't involve first getting up to where Thistledown is in that screenshot), but I'm pretty sure the best I could get doing it would be ~45s or so. Just haven't been able to string together the two segments on one try yet.

edit: Yeah I jumped down instead of trying to shimmy my way up the boost pad.

Jumped down? You mean to the ground? Huh. I guess you worked your way up the metal arch thingie? Yeah, that's a longer way around. But a replay would still be cool, if you can get it in one go (or even not).

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Good-Natured Filth posted:

Oops. That was pointed at me. :ohdear: I'll have something back to you tomorrow.
Actually there's multiple goontracks, so don't worry about it. ;) Just keep your eyes on your emails for when it's your turn.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

aas Bandit posted:

For me, the hardest part about this current track is that section before the last CP. That turn-into-drop-down just kills me. I know there's another .25-.50 in there if I can just hit it right, but I tend to either have to slow down too much to avoid swinging wide before the drop and hitting the wall, or else when I do hit it nice and fast, the landing on that dirt-mix block can get really funky for some reason. The rest of the track feels pretty good, but that bit... :argh:

In other news, if anyone is feeling slightly masochistic (and hey, you are in this thread), I just released Perfect 10 7.

It's a stadium track, and like all my "Perfect 10" tracks, it's very difficult (think Trials-ish).
Also, you only drive on 10 track blocks to complete the track, thus the name.

This one is about 30 seconds long, and I'd love to see some replays. Any feedback is appreciated.

You know how you have that flashing block like this:

Well if you place another block like 9-1-7 above the flashing block it'll fix it like this:

Oh and here's my terrible replay from my first time finishing Perfect 10-7
Replay

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!
I have surprised myself with how fast I just just went.
Now that I'm out of time to play and submitted my replay, I feel I've surpassed my expectations.

Now all I have to do is sit back and see how everybody went faster than I did.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Putting the next track up a day early since we're going back to Monday deadlines (don't worry, you still have til tomorrow to submit your last track replays, when in doubt just check the website).

quote:

Track 6: Eat Sleep Race Repeat by Entropist
Gold: 1:02.00

Manual Download - Steam - Replay

Replays are due by 9AM GMT (4AM EST, 1AM PST) on Monday 15th September 2014.

Entropist is really enjoying his block-mixing. :v:

SupSuper fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 8, 2014

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
This time I tried to create more open spaces to drive around in (even though it's indoors) rather than just roads. Had to do some blockmixing to close the areas off a bit! There's a single general path, but there are more options to find your own way through the whole thing. If you can't find the way to the end at all, check the demo replay!

Good luck making camera angles for this Aas :v:

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

FillInTheBlank posted:

Well if you place another block like 9-1-7 above the flashing block it'll fix it like this:
Aw, drat it. I thought I had fixed all of those. One must have crept back in. :( I'll probably fix it tonight and upload a new version.
Thanks for the catch! I appreciate it!

FillInTheBlank posted:

Oh and here's my terrible replay from my first time finishing Perfect 10-7
Replay
And I appreciate that too--it was fun to watch. :) You got it pretty quickly for a first run!

Entropist posted:

Good luck making camera angles for this Aas :v:
I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I look forward to it! Different is (usually) good, and open/choices is a cool change.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Race 3 - Your Mom

HD ~ SD ~ YouTube ~ TM-Tube

HD ~ SD ~ YouTube ~ TM-Tube

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Oh man, I want to watch that but I can't. Why do I have to be at work anyway? I don't think it's appropriate to watch videos of your mom while at work.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Back at the Low Tier, hello comfort zone!

Edit - Also, I'm really loving this track. After some time figuring it out, it's really fun to drive it.

Average Lettuce fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 8, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:allears:

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Wohoo! Middling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Is the replay not up?

• Locked thread