Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Strong Mouse posted:

Is the replay not up?
Whoops made a typo, link is fixed now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Grawl posted:

Race 3 - Your Mom

HD ~ SD ~ YouTube ~ TM-Tube

HD ~ SD ~ YouTube ~ TM-Tube

TFC, your commentary was everything I hoped it would be. :D

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Couldn't have done it better myself!

Looks like no one else found the way I did, though I wasn't aware of that long way around on the backwards route! Oh well, better luck next time :smug:

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

SupSuper posted:

Entropist is really enjoying his block-mixing. :v:

And to think he called me bad for using blockmix last season.

Foozle
May 29, 2006
Holy crap the alternate routes on your mom. I need to get more creative, I guess. Also maybe I could have tried not flying over half the boost platform.

Eight hours left to get a respectable run on the current track. I'm not hopeful.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Foozle posted:

I'm not hopeful.

"Hey, I got the gold medal! I think I can shave off another 2 seconds or so, this is going to be close for sure."

*Ends up middle of the pack* Fuuuuuuuuu...

Foozle
May 29, 2006

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"Hey, I got the gold medal! I think I can shave off another 2 seconds or so, this is going to be close for sure."

*Ends up middle of the pack* Fuuuuuuuuu...

Literally me every time so far. And then the robots and people who are Good at Video Games come along and put things back into their proper perspective.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

FillInTheBlank posted:

And to think he called me bad for using blockmix last season.

I doubt that was it, I've never been against it and I was one of the first builders to use it back when it involved hex editing map files. You probably had some ugly glitch in there... (yes I know the current track one has one too at the end, couldn't avoid it)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Foozle posted:

Literally me every time so far. And then the robots and people who are Good at Video Games come along and put things back into their proper perspective.

I'm good at video games :colbert:

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Send in my time after a quick session tonight to improve my time (although I think I lost a better one due to some random thing I just can't find an explanation for). Also I received the Goontrack and you guys will have it back Wednesday as I'm free on that day and can get my part done till then.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Me getting the Author Medal in just under a few dozen attempts? I'm very confused right now.

This being on a run that I know for a fact I can shave a second or two off, at least.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 9, 2014

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Just making up for last time!
[01:20] <Entropist> the AT is not that fast here

It's always hard to estimate exactly how terrible you guys will be...

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Entropist posted:

Aim low.

Just like my goals in life.

e: BY AIM LOW I MEAN A lovely TIME I AM GOOD AT EXPRESSING MYSELF IN WORDS

BrumDart
Oct 16, 2010
Just sent in my replay, this track did not agree with me at all. I know I could take 1 second off my time if I could be lucky enough to string together a lap without a tiny mistake wrecking it. But there's no way I could improve it beyond that. I didn't even make the AT and I feel like I'm at my wit's end.

ViggyNash posted:

Me getting the Author Medal in just under a few dozen attempts? I'm very confused right now.

This being on a run that I know for a fact I can shave a second or two off, at least.

Then I read this :smith:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Let's Play Trackmania 2 Stadium - The Feel Bad Thread Of The Year

Let's Play Trackmania 2 Stadium - Inadequates and Experts

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

BrumDart posted:

Just sent in my replay, this track did not agree with me at all. I know I could take 1 second off my time if I could be lucky enough to string together a lap without a tiny mistake wrecking it. But there's no way I could improve it beyond that. I didn't even make the AT and I feel like I'm at my wit's end.

I've not been all that great on the other tracks so maybe this one just happens to be my forte.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

BrumDart posted:

If it helps you I think Viggy's post is for the new track posted above since we go back to a Monday deadline schedule. the AT in the current one was really hard if you aren't technically proficient or had the time to brute force it with sheer time and effort.

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!

Entropist posted:

Thinking about adding a new challenge and come in second to last on every track. 9_9 Not only will I have to control how fast I go, but I have to guess how slow the worse person is and beat them, but not beat the third to last.

If I'm gonna suck, why not do it with style?

Teavian
Oct 9, 2012

Grimwit posted:

Thinking about adding a new challenge and come in second to last on every track. 9_9 Not only will I have to control how fast I go, but I have to guess how slow the worse person is and beat them, but not beat the third to last.

If I'm gonna suck, why not do it with style?

Geez, let the cat outta the bag would ya? I was trying to keep that competition to myself. Although, at this point I've already missed two deadlines, and the time I've submitted for the last track is pretty terrible and :effort:

I really like the new track, though.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Welp, I guess this is where it ends for me. This new track isn't hard it's just... I dunno.

Gonna put it down for tonight.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

RickVoid posted:

TFC, your commentary was everything I hoped it would be. :D

Good, cuz it ain't getting any better any time soon.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
The track that was just posted, the indoors one...I really, really like the design of this course. It maybe helps that to me somehow it feels 'easy' compared to earlier ones, but the overall layout and how it all looks as you're driving it just seems nice on the senses.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It's making me feel pretty drat good. :smug:

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Track 5 results are up

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Great Joe posted:

It's making me feel pretty drat good. :smug:
well, now that feeling's over

Eddy Rasta
Mar 9, 2008
Holy poo poo, sixth? That makes up for how I've been slipping down the ranks in the past few tracks. I love technical tracks, they're the only kinds where I can actually figure out how to improve.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Great Joe posted:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

:shepicide:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

CVE posted:

If it helps you I think Viggy's post is for the new track posted above since we go back to a Monday deadline schedule. the AT in the current one was really hard if you aren't technically proficient or had the time to brute force it with sheer time and effort.

Right, should have mentioned my post is about the indoor track. But as hard as the last track was, I'm surprised I didn't do worse.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Great Joe posted:

Well don't feel too bad because the global leaderboards are back!

However if you feel you're being set back by that one track you missed or really crappy time, don't worry, we're unrolling this season's:

quote:

Bonus Track: Stercus Bonus by Entropist
Gold: 10:44.00 (5 laps)

Manual Download - Steam

For those new, the Bonus Track is a track specially designed for you tryhards that really want that extra boost (and Entropist doesn't get to play it!). It's an extraordinary test of endurance that runs for the rest of the season (in parallel with the regular tracks).
You can happily skip it and get a nice cozy default time. But if you send in a time, it might just push you up a spot or two. Choice is yours. You got like 5-6 weeks to think about it anyways.

SupSuper fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 9, 2014

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Oh man, having already missed 3 tracks this might save me from having an overall mediocre score...

... 10 minutes? Really? That means each lap will be over 2 minutes long. drat, will this be painful.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, i'm totally gonna run that. Should be fun.

Foozle
May 29, 2006

SupSuper posted:

For those new, the Bonus Track is a track specially designed for you tryhards that really want that extra boost (and Entropist doesn't get to play it!). It's an extraordinary test of endurance that runs for the rest of the season (in parallel with the regular tracks).
You can happily skip it and get a nice cozy default time. But if you send in a time, it might just push you up a spot or two. Choice is yours. You got like 5-6 weeks to think about it anyways.

Welp, time to finally break down and map the checkpoint restart button to my controller.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Send the Goontrack with my part, the Icarus Drop, added just now to the Trackgoonia email account. I can already tell it's going to be a "blast" to play once it's completed. May God help us all.

Hope everything arrived and is in order.

CVE fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 10, 2014

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
^^^I'm looking forward to working on it! I'll add to the fun. :gibs:

On another note, I fixed the z-fighting on my track that FillInTheBlank was kind enough to point out, and even got a better author time in about five minutes, after grinding for about 30 the first time.

Link is the same as last time, just in case anyone grabbed the first one and is considering uploading a replay or something--it'll crap out if you have the old version.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Doing the same track five times over is a thing.

But.

"Alright going into my fifth lap, good pace. Silver pace, at least!"
The demo is about to expire in: one minute.
"AWH poo poo"

Made it with 12 seconds to spare.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Don't get too distracted by the Bonus Track, you still got Track 6 to play. :v:

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!

What?
I'm in the top 76%?!
Before long, I'll make it to the exact middle of the bunch!

:woop: Long Live Mediocrity! :woop:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Grimwit posted:

What?
I'm in the top 76%?!
Before long, I'll make it to the exact middle of the bunch!

:woop: Long Live Mediocrity! :woop:

Dammit, now I'm the worst one who plays every week.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Dammit, now I'm the worst one who plays every week.

We're still better than the smucks who played one race then dissapeared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomicSX
Jan 10, 2007
Welp I have a time for the bonus track that has room for about a minute of improvement. I don't know how I'll have enough attention span to run the entire 10 minute course though to get better times.

I'm liking the current track although I feel like there's one spot in the map where it's up to a lot of luck. The grass/blue surface left hand turn before the last checkpoint is so tough to take perfectly with two left wheels staying on the blue and not drifting into the grass. Overall though I'm having a fun time with the track.

• Locked thread