Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rorus Raz posted:

Some new guy on Cagle. With timely references like Angry Birds, I'm sure we can expect good things.

Ah yes, the distinct ISIS battle cry "Jihad."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Sir Rolo posted:

Does this mangled garbage even count as anything worth human consumption?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Anyone else wondering what Jerry Holbert is up to these days?

Some of the best-executed punchlines in political cartooning, that's what :allears:

Also the governor of Massachusetts, Deval Patrick, has declined to run for reelection (so he can run for national office in 2016 :pray:). Holbert still wants you to know he doesn't like him.

e: TIMG'ed for huge

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Why didn't they fly in on the private plane that Anatoly stole from Don Ex Machina?

No I am not going to let that go.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

quote:

:golf:

It's the only game where getting caught in the quagmire sand trap gets you a "Mission Accomplished" victory screen!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Who's this "Bush" guy? Obama's been a bad president for more than 13 years.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 9, 2014

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Melaneus posted:

It's the only game where getting caught in the quagmire sand trap gets you a "Mission Accomplished" victory screen!

Makes me think of this:

:allears:

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

Lycus posted:

Who's this "Bush" guy? Obama's been a bad president for more than 13 years.

President? I think you mean Nazi Communist Emperor of Obama's United States of Island Under Allah. :colbert:

Psygnosis fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 9, 2014

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Melaneus posted:

I thought that was one of the big selling points of Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing?

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Mo_Steel posted:

Makes me think of this:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

Makes me think of this:

This can't possibly be real.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

fool_of_sound posted:

This can't possibly be real.

I believe that is from the web comic Superpoop

Another example of the comic:

PassTheRemote fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 9, 2014

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
But the part where Petreaus played Wii Sports Resort as an anime girl is true, right

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Jonny Angel posted:

But the part where Petreaus played Wii Sports Resort as an anime girl is true, right

Wii sports yes, Anime girl no:
http://deadspin.com/377040/gen-petraeus-rocks-the-wii-golf

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Look at this dorklord, using the wriststrap. #yolo, nerd. And way to not even set your mii to be left handed you super-dingus. :rolleyes:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Mo_Steel posted:

Makes me think of this:

The world lost something beautiful the day Superpoop died.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
But Catholics like alcohol? It wasn't our fault that PA has these stupid blue laws (I say this as someone who doesn't drink at all)

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

Sir Rolo posted:

Skirting the Issue

The pun of the title doesn't have anything to do with the content or punchline. It's just calling attention to the fact that this strip is practically an upskirt shot.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

DarklyDreaming posted:

Anime girl no

You might as well tell me that unicorns aren't real you rear end in a top hat

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Was there a time when this loving hack put effort into his work?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

People who can't deal with a few rocket attacks are wimps.
-an Israeli
-an American

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Why didn't they fly in on the private plane that Anatoly stole from Don Ex Machina?

No I am not going to let that go.

They probably hijacked that jet if they're going straight to Texas, since JFK is the only airport in North America with scheduled direct service from Kiev, and that sure as hell isn't in Texas.

(Muir does appear to have oilified a Ukraine International Airlines jet there, though; I'll give him that.)

tacodaemon fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 9, 2014

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Was there a time when this loving hack put effort into his work?

If Wikipedia is to be believed the strip once had Jewish Stereotype who runs the media and Black Human Girlfriend to prove the duck wasn't a racist.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Sir Rolo posted:

Does this mangled garbage even count as a pun.

'Toly is not a diminutive for Anatoliy goddamnit :argh:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Those loving ELLIPSES.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Dr. Killjoy posted:

If Wikipedia is to be believed the strip once had Jewish Stereotype who runs the media and Black Human Girlfriend to prove the duck wasn't a racist.

It did. Also a token Vietnamese kid (named after Rush Limbaugh, incidentally) to also prove TinsleyMallard was Totally Not Racist.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

It did. Also a token Vietnamese kid (named after Rush Limbaugh, incidentally) to also prove TinsleyMallard was Totally Not Racist.

Also isn't literally the only reason the duck got hired was because it is a duck and thus a "minority", and it proceeded to sit around complaining about how everybody else aren't pulling themselves up by their bootstraps.

Successful people being hypocritical about the support and assistance they received on their way up? What is the world coming to?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Found this in my old photos. Taken in 2002, so I guess we thought it was a really good joke?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

The Dark One posted:

Found this in my old photos. Taken in 2002, so I guess we thought it was a really good joke?

To be fair, I'd vote a turnip over so many candidates. But then again I live in Texas.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The Dark One posted:

That art is real good.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Sanrio announced the Hello Kitty is actually not a cat but a girl in a costume or something?

The dolphin is the Sino-British Joint Declaration

I don't really get this one. I think it's goop from the mainland spilling into Taiwan?

The plane is the Sino-British Joint Declaration. The communist diglet is saying "don't worry about it. It's none of your business."

IF YOU'VE GOT poo poo THEN OF COURSE YOU'RE GONNA EAT IT
(parody of a new government slogan: "you've got the vote, of course you're gonna cast it."

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Swan Oat posted:

'Toly is not a diminutive for Anatoliy goddamnit :argh:

Not far from Tolya at least.
Almost all cartoonists incorrectly call Vladimir Putin Vlad.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Bloodnose posted:

Sanrio announced the Hello Kitty is actually not a cat but a girl in a costume or something?
I'm pretty sure what Sanrio was trying to get across was that all the characters from Hello Kitty are actually normal humans living their lives, but are drawn as animals for the sake of whimsy and cuteness.

Instead stupid people interpret this as "IT'S A FREAKISH PERSON WHO LOOKS LIKE A CAT"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

JT Jag posted:

I'm pretty sure what Sanrio was trying to get across was that all the characters from Hello Kitty are actually normal humans living their lives, but are drawn as animals for the sake of whimsy and cuteness.

Instead stupid people interpret this as "IT'S A FREAKISH PERSON WHO LOOKS LIKE A CAT"
Yeah, someone posted this on Facebook like it was some incredible revelation and I didn't even know how to respond. I guess everyone has some quota of excitement and mystery in their lives that has to be filled with something, and if there's nothing else going on it's going to be whether Hello Kitty is a cat or not.

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

I'm convinced that Harry's drawing of these bald clones is his way of telling us China has advanced cloning technology that can create an army of pre-trained soldier with knowledge ingrained in them at birth. The disadvantage is that their all kinda homely looking bald guys.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

fatherboxx posted:

Not far from Tolya at least.
Almost all cartoonists incorrectly call Vladimir Putin Vlad.

To be fair, there's a lazy association to be made.

What would be an appropriate diminutive of Vladimir?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, someone posted this on Facebook like it was some incredible revelation and I didn't even know how to respond. I guess everyone has some quota of excitement and mystery in their lives that has to be filled with something, and if there's nothing else going on it's going to be whether Hello Kitty is a cat or not.

I was more amused to discover that she's a Londoner, thanks to Japan going through an Anglophilic phase in the 70s/80s (see also Sylvanian Families).

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Kegluneq posted:

What would be an appropriate diminutive of Vladimir?

Volodya, as a shorthand for the old-timey Volodimir (sibling to the gothic Waldemar), Vova for a friendier one, Vovochka if you think Putin is a child, Vovan if you are feeling thuggy.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

fatherboxx posted:

Volodya, as a shorthand for the old-timey Volodimir (sibling to the gothic Waldemar), Vova for a friendier one, Vovochka if you think Putin is a child, Vovan if you are feeling thuggy.

None of those are likely to be recognised by an English speaking audience I guess. (Not that we can complain, since we use Dick for Richard, Bob for Robert and Jack for John.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Rorus Raz posted:

Some new guy on Cagle. With timely references like Angry Birds, I'm sure we can expect good things.

This shows "Obama = Santa" depths of thought.

• Locked thread