Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Any PS4 ausgoons staying up late tonight? Ill prob be back on in a few hours after work. Add me -> hendosaurus

Rog, I'm jealous of your pink ausgoons banner thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Obsurveyor posted:

Has anyone done the following things:

1. Received "an exclusive Ghost Shell, Player Ship, and Player Emblem" for purchasing Digital Guardian Edition.

2. Received any of the Playstation exclusive stuff.

3. Received the 2 shaders from the Redeem Code feature.

4. Joined a clan. Neither SA Goons nor There Will Be Goons have the Set Playstation Clan like they did in the beta. (I have played the game, I'm level 5)

Yes, I have done all of those things

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

So is everyone in the Crucible? I just zoned in as a level 5 and holy gently caress I'm so under geared compared to most of these people. Do I just need to go out into the world more?

spvcejam- is my handle if any PS4 bros want to group. I don't have mic until tomorrow but I'm an awesome listener.

The Catalyst
Jan 29, 2003

I'm Mister Hundred and One.

ComradePotato posted:

You're doing it all wrong. The XIM is used for teabagging pubbies in PvP and gaining a false air of superiority.

Don't give him any ideas. :cabot:

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Aloofa posted:

Glad I took today off to play this game on my pedestrian PS3. Oh well, it all carries over right?

According to their FAQ, you should be able to go back and forth between the 2 versions using the same characters. Hopefully that doesn't get amended too.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Mimetic posted:

Anyone know how to get the Digital Guardian Edition stuff on PS3? The only addon in the store is the Expansion Pass, which shows up as $35 if I add it to my cart. All of the other advice seems to be PS4 specific.

Sorry to repeat myself, but has anyone got the Digital Guardian Edition to work on PS3? The PS4 solution is Restore Licenses, but that option doesn't exist on PS3.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

4 hours in, got to level 9 and did all the story missions from beta + 1 and the strike. Time for bed, can't wait for pvp tomorrow. Amazed things ran so smoothly.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Obsurveyor posted:

Has anyone done the following things:

1. Received "an exclusive Ghost Shell, Player Ship, and Player Emblem" for purchasing Digital Guardian Edition.

2. Received any of the Playstation exclusive stuff.

3. Received the 2 shaders from the Redeem Code feature.

4. Joined a clan. Neither SA Goons nor There Will Be Goons have the Set Playstation Clan like they did in the beta. (I have played the game, I'm level 5)

1. Restore your licenses then they'll be at special orders.

2. Not yet.

3. Yes. Go to your Bungie profile to the codes section and make sure you've hit the use button.

4. Yes. No idea why those clans haven't just activated yet.

Captain Matchbox posted:

Any PS4 ausgoons staying up late tonight? Ill prob be back on in a few hours after work. Add me -> hendosaurus

Rog, I'm jealous of your pink ausgoons banner thing

I should be on for quite a while unless I get really tired. What level is your highest character?

Think you can still buy the cool pink emblem from the girl around the corner from the stairs near the speaker.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I never tried them on beta but I'm playing a handcannon hunter right now and it's fun as hell. I usually suck at console shooters but I'm nailing headshots all over the place in this game and just having a grand ol' time. The controls are great, and at level 6 I've already had some pretty frantic battles grouping with some random dude who invited me.

Game owns.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Quick, I'm playing Halo Reach...no split screen PVP in Destiny ps4?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

monkeu posted:

1. Restore your licenses then they'll be at special orders.

I've looked all over and I can't find any equivalent of this for PS3(PS4 version won't be unlocked until tomorrow 6pm PDT at the earliest according to Bungie).

quote:

3. Yes. Go to your Bungie profile to the codes section and make sure you've hit the use button.

I've did this already earlier this morning but nothing new(I have the Beta, Stress, Map and Vanguard emblems) showed up at Special Orders or in the mail. Some of them were in fact unused again, even though I redeemed/used them yesterday.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

It's kind of mystifying how poorly strung together the narrative is (at least so far, up to the moon). I think the first two planets are their own storylines, but the game would have been helped immensely by some effort to tie things together between missions.

The worldbuilding is pretty fantastic, though.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Obsurveyor posted:

I've looked all over and I can't find any equivalent of this for PS3(PS4 version won't be unlocked until tomorrow 6pm PDT at the earliest according to Bungie).

I've did this already earlier this morning but nothing new(I have the Beta, Stress, Map and Vanguard emblems) showed up at Special Orders or in the mail. Some of them were in fact unused again, even though I redeemed/used them yesterday.

Ah sorry don't know where the PS3 equivalent is or even if there is one sorry.

And yeah exact same thing happened to me with like 7 or 8 of the codes. Once I used then again they actually showed up.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

monkeu posted:

And yeah exact same thing happened to me with like 7 or 8 of the codes. Once I used then again they actually showed up.

I might have been trying all this when Bungie was doing maintenance to the website. I'll go to work, let databases sync and see how things look when I get home this afternoon. Thanks!

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Holy poo poo this game is fun

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Republicans posted:

Christ I love my XIM. Now I can effectively aim while retreating from swarms of thralls/vandals that used to murder the crap out of me unless I had a grenade or groundpound ready. I feel like I can play so much more aggressively than I did with a gamepad, too.

Have they already made a preset for the game that cancels the auto-aim assist? Or does it just "know" how to do that? Or are you just dealing with it?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I've got a question about the Vanguard Armory pre-order bonus for PS3. I checked the Vanguard Quartermaster in the hanger and he doesn't seem to have the items. I'm not quite sure what to do since all the queries on google seem to be about the PS4 version.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

SA Goons clans are now open to join.

ComradePotato
Nov 7, 2010

A new emblem code has been found. X4C-FGX-MX3 Emblem: Note of Conquest

I can't play for another 6 hours. Work's going be such a boring slog!

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
The Vanguard Armory vendor shows about 1/2 of the weapons and a helm. How do I get the scout rifle, machine gun, auto rifle, etc...

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
There Will Be Goons is active.

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
Has it taken anyone else 4+ hours just for Destiny to install? I woke up a bit early this morning and it's still going.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Since I'm from PC background my aiming with a PS controller is ridiculously bad. Can this be played with a mouse and keyboard or should I just try and learn to aim?

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

YesManKablam posted:

Has it taken anyone else 4+ hours just for Destiny to install? I woke up a bit early this morning and it's still going.
Mine has been installing since about 4:30 AM Eastern and the last I checked I had about 90 minutes left to go for the PS3 install.
I'm just chalking that up to the wireless connection.

I'm sad that I'll have to wait until after work to become a space wizard.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Horrorosaurus posted:

Since I'm from PC background my aiming with a PS controller is ridiculously bad. Can this be played with a mouse and keyboard or should I just try and learn to aim?

You'd have to buy a XIM.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

sinewave posted:

The Vanguard Armory vendor shows about 1/2 of the weapons and a helm. How do I get the scout rifle, machine gun, auto rifle, etc...

You can't use them until level 5, so I don't think it lets you buy them.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

Obsurveyor posted:

You can't use them until level 5, so I don't think it lets you buy them.

I am level five, and I see one row of weapons under 'armory'; all level 5 weapons and not the whole set. Are SOME Of the bundle higher level? I was under the impression the whole set was refreshed at 5 and 10.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Horrorosaurus posted:

Get the XIM4 and hear the lamentations of pubbies and goons that you should be banned.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

sinewave posted:

I am level five, and I see one row of weapons under 'armory'; all level 5 weapons and not the whole set. Are SOME Of the bundle higher level? I was under the impression the whole set was refreshed at 5 and 10.

I'm confused then why you asked "How do I get the scout rifle, machine gun, auto rifle, etc..." because all three of these along with a shotgun and helm were the five available to me at level 5 as an Exo Titan.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
Why do I torture myself by reading this thread... I still have four days of waiting ahead of me. :smith:

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

Obsurveyor posted:

I'm confused then why you asked "How do I get the scout rifle, machine gun, auto rifle, etc..." because all three of these along with a shotgun and helm were the five available to me at level 5 as an Exo Titan.

Yea wtf, I don't see those on my Warlock. Maybe some of the weapons only list if you're on a specific class. That makes no sense though considering all weapons can be used on all the classes.... I'll try on my Titan in the morning. At least you can pass gear through the vault if that's the case.

sinewave fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Sep 9, 2014

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Any level 4-5 goons want to create a fire team? NicotineFit1 for ps4. So far I'm seeing a huge glut of titans and warlocks. Not so many hunters.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My wife surprised me with an early birthday present :haw:

I have to go to work :gonk:

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
So I'm confused as poo poo.

Why are there these random people in my games that I can't talk to? How come no one in the tower talks or communicates in any way? How come, even though I joined a clan (the euro one) there is no option in game whatsoever to talk to or meet up or play or join these people?

I really want to play with someone either A. Is random that I can talk to. B. Is a goon, doesn't matter whether I can talk to them or not.

Or maybe my mic is broken.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

CrusherEAGLE posted:

So I'm confused as poo poo.

Why are there these random people in my games that I can't talk to? How come no one in the tower talks or communicates in any way? How come, even though I joined a clan (the euro one) there is no option in game whatsoever to talk to or meet up or play or join these people?

I really want to play with someone either A. Is random that I can talk to. B. Is a goon, doesn't matter whether I can talk to them or not.

Or maybe my mic is broken.

We basically can't do these things because gamers, on the whole, are psychopathic

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine

fromoutofnowhere posted:

Any level 4-5 goons want to create a fire team? NicotineFit1 for ps4. So far I'm seeing a huge glut of titans and warlocks. Not so many hunters.

I added you on PSN

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine

Save Russian Jews posted:

We basically can't do these things because gamers, on the whole, are psychopathic

I get there was a whole debacle about not being able to talk to players, now i see what it is.

What about the clan though, what's the point of having them if they're not in game anywhere?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ehud posted:

My wife surprised me with an early birthday present :haw:

I have to go to work :gonk:

Hate to tell you this bit your wife secretly hates you. There is white version of the headset available.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's really stupid that you have to jump through hoops to communicate by voice. It's also really stupid that there's no in-game clan roster. I mean, why bother having that 'game' roster line? If you've already discouraged people from being able to talk to other randoms, is anyone really going to go through the hassle of opening that menu and inviting randoms for the chance to speak to them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Just got the moon strike completed with some Aus Goons clan lads, holy poo poo that last fight is intense. Having fun with video games.

• Locked thread