Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gigi Galli posted:

It's the Under 21 Euros, which are for some reason less insane than the Under 20 competitions. There used to be under 23 competitions but I think most players who are any good are playing for the senior side by then, so they got rid of them.

Here are the highlights from today's match, looks like it was a good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH7AsQdpUCo

So much passion from the players, they all looked hungry for the win and showed a ton of emotion. We need more of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Combined wages

Per team (+tax)

Players by club (-tax)

Managers

Charlotte Hornets fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Sep 8, 2014

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Mazzarri being the highest-paid coach in the league is a goddamn travesty and I'm mad about that

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

GreatestLurker posted:

Mazzarri being the highest-paid coach in the league is a goddamn travesty and I'm mad about that

It's Benitez, but yeah he gets a lot lol

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Phwoar Empoli have a devastating front two in Maccarone and Tavano. If only it wasn't ten years after they were actually any good.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Ewar Woowar posted:

Phwoar Empoli have a devastating front two in Maccarone and Tavano. If only it wasn't ten years after they were actually any good.

They scored 15 and 22 respectively in Serie B last year. Maybe they still have something in 'em.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Lmao I knew Mexes was the highest earner at Milan, but seeing it in paper makes it that much worse.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

Lmao I knew Mexes was the highest earner at Milan, but seeing it in paper makes it that much worse.

How much longer did his contract last?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Brony Car posted:

How much longer did his contract last?

This is the last year, I imagine the management will try to sell him in January but he'll probably go on a free (or stick around :v: )

For anyone wondering, "scadenza" in that pay chart is the end of a players contract.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are Empoli run by Scrooge McDuck or are they simply very poor by comparison?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mans posted:

Are Empoli run by Scrooge McDuck or are they simply very poor by comparison?

They just got promoted after spending a longish time in Serie B. They're also a known thrifty club, they have one of the best academies in Italy and they exist mostly by selling their good young players and taking in loans to cover.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Benatia claimed to german papers that he was sold by Roma, but he really wanted to stay, he was sold cause the club needed the cash. Here's what the club had to say:

James Pallotta posted:

Mehdi Benatia has obviously continued with his pattern of outright fabrications over the last couple of months. We had a verbal agreement on compensation and a raise back in July in Boston. He personally said to me that he was happy after I told him flat out with no exceptions that we wanted him to stay. Over the following month he lied about wanting to stay and about the details of his compensation to both Rudi Garcia and his teammates. Lying to me was one thing which I can somewhat handle. Lying to Rudi Garcia and his teammates was completely unacceptable to me. I told Walter Sabatini he was becoming a poison and I wanted him gone, and Rudi and Walter agreed. It wasn’t about the money; it was about having character in our locker room. We are in a very sound financial position. As owners of Roma, we make difficult decisions all the time. As a fan of Roma, I am deeply disappointed that one of our players could act this way.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Didn't he also bitch and moan that he wanted to leave for months as soon as some big clubs came looking? Maybe that was all a bunch of bullshit from the press but he never really said anything about wanting to stay, that's for sure.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Sounds like a cool and good player imo nothing wrong with that, let's bring him in and sell some homegrown players.

Oh.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-glen-johnson-transfer-target-4185009

I don't know if Juve are really looking at Glen Johnson, but it'd be awesome if you guys got him.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Pallotta owns

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

30 year old England international, surely a great investment.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Drogadon posted:

30 year old England international, surely a great investment.

Who is backup to Caceres anyway?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Who is backup to Caceres anyway?

The answer to that question, not just for Caceres but for every player in the Juve squad, is Simone Padoin.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

canepazzo posted:

Benatia claimed to german papers that he was sold by Roma, but he really wanted to stay, he was sold cause the club needed the cash. Here's what the club had to say:

With the accompanying picture.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Charlotte Hornets posted:

With the accompanying picture.

Can someone translate for those of us who do not speak I-tie?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Can someone translate for those of us who do not speak I-tie?

There are those that take up the fight and those who you sell for thirty (money), Roma forward

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The "denari" part is surely a Judas reference.

Also yes, the answer is always Padoin.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Drogadon posted:

The "denari" part is surely a Judas reference.

Also yes, the answer is always Padoin.

You know I didn't even catch that, you're absolutely right

also lol

"si vende" could also mean "sells himself" in that context so it makes even more sense.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 9, 2014

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
So what did Maicon do?

quote:

Roma defender Maicon was yesterday kicked out the Brazil squad, with Brazil refusing to explain why.

Rumours have spread regarding why the 33 year old full back was dismissed.

They largely centre around Maicon and Corinthians star Elias, with three main rumours doing the rounds on Twitter.

1. The first rumour was that Maicon was caught having sexual intercourse with teammate Elias.

2. The second rumour claimed he jerked off into David Luiz’s bottle of shampoo.

3. The third rumour, which originated on satirical Brazilian website Ole do Brasil , claims Maicon spread pepper and milk on Elias’s arse and then told him in the morning that he had been raped by four men.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Gigi Galli posted:

You know I didn't even catch that, you're absolutely right

also lol

"si vende" could also mean "sells himself" in that context so it makes even more sense.

The Judas reference is spot on since denari is the word I've heard used for the coins(diamonds) suit in cards. That poo poo is absolutely priceless.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Robviously posted:

The Judas reference is spot on since denari is the word I've heard used for the coins(diamonds) suit in cards. That poo poo is absolutely priceless.

It's also the amount he gets bribed in the bible, it's very clearly a Judas reference, my dad would be mad that I didn't get that right away.

The Big Taff Man posted:

So what did Maicon do?

lmao holy poo poo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
does brazilian cum really look like pepper in milk

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Why would they kick Maicon out just for having consensual gay sex with a teammate? Did they kick Elias out too?

The guy probably teabagged Elias as a prank or something like that.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Zaza owns

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

He could've had three that game, motherfucker is turning in to the Italian Torres.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Oh, the Under-21's smashed Cyprus 7-1 (after going a goal down, of course) and topped their qualifying group for the Under-21 Euros next year. The next stage is a 2 legged playoff for the group winners and the 4 best second place teams. The winners will play in the finals next year.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Yeah ok remember when Italy scored one then never left its half? This one felt different. OK, it was Norway, but still.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cippalippus posted:

Yeah ok remember when Italy scored one then never left its half? This one felt different. OK, it was Norway, but still.

At the end of the first half it was actually this, to be fair.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Arturo Vidal hurt his right thigh while on international duty: he's back in Turin undergoing further tests, after which Juve will say if/when he can return to the side.

Not so lucky were Udinese: Simone Scuffet sprained his right ankle while with the Italy U-19 team, and will miss a month of action.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Napoli is unveiling their third kit tomorrow :allears: I can hardly wait!

:allears:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Eau de MacGowan posted:

does brazilian cum really look like pepper in milk

I was guessing he rubbed pepper on his anus to make it sting, then splattered some milk on the area

Its just a guess tho

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vidal is out for 20 days: http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Juventus/10-09-2014/juventus-vidal-fermo-20-giorni-lesione-flessori-coscia-destra-90408435715.shtml (Italian)

He'll miss Udinese and the CL opener against Malmo, but might make it back for the Milan game.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Vidal is out for 20 days: http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Juventus/10-09-2014/juventus-vidal-fermo-20-giorni-lesione-flessori-coscia-destra-90408435715.shtml (Italian)

He'll miss Udinese and the CL opener against Malmo, but might make it back for the Milan game.

Tevez too now, probably the same amount of time. Seems that Juventus poached our physio team from last year (not in time to avoid Rossi's injury tho :argh:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Well this is all very exciting. The summer signings will need to step it up.

• Locked thread