Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Unload My Head posted:

Hybrid motor. Truck bottom end and heads, car intake and cam. Very common for LS turbo guys. It is cheap, durable, and will fit in a much smaller bay than the factory truck setup. Pay no attention to what the motors made stock, it means nothing in a setup like this.

Isn't that roughly what the guy here in AI did with his WS6?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

I count like five majorly over priced trips to the shop on this one vehicle

I just cannot wrap my head around that poo poo (edit: link)

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"This car mechanically is perfect I've never had issues driving this thing every day" below a list of nearly $22k in repairs (The last being in the FUTURE even!) in two years. On a car he paid $2800 for.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm sure the multiple oil pan replacements have nothing to do with the ride height and the need for them did no harm to the engine.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

leica posted:

8k for a gutless pile of poo poo deathtrap..... But it looks cool, sign me up!

In Japan that thing is worth about 100 bucks.

It's also not a 1970. I'd be wondering if it's legal.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Some people just refuse to try and learn how to turn a loving wrench, spend 20k on a 3k car and think they're gonna get it back when they sell it :psypop:

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
All I can see when I look at that Beamer is the giant Jay Leno Chin of a front bumper. If a good body man could chop that off and fix the lines of the front of the car, it would look pretty good.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Man this seems awesome. Too bad its on the other side of the country.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

leica posted:

pile of poo poo deathtrap.....

That's the first thing I think when I see any vehicle adorned with an iron cross.

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

leica posted:

Some people just refuse to try and learn how to turn a loving wrench, spend 20k on a 3k car and think they're gonna get it back when they sell it :psypop:

Wait, cars aren't investments? Next you'll be telling me this Fiero isn't worth it...

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4646360394.html

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

taterz posted:

Wait, cars aren't investments? Next you'll be telling me this Fiero isn't worth it...

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4646360394.html

I'm at a loss on what's my favorite part of that car is, the bragging about the "L44" on the rear deck lid (making a galloping 140 horsepower), or the "Pontiac Racing" embroidered on the seats, so you know when you sit down, you're in a HIGH PERFORMANCE AUTOMOBILE.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Octopus Magic posted:

I'm at a loss on what's my favorite part of that car is

COLOR MATCHED FIRE EXTINGUISHER

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

Tommychu posted:

You are absolutely correct.

Also, notice that it is strapped in the trunk, the second worst place in the car to store a fire extinguisher.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

It's also technically illegal to mount to a vehicle since the label and tags were removed.
Now if this were an '84 with a Duke the joke would write itself. I mean it still does, it's just not correct :v:

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Octopus Magic posted:

I'm at a loss on what's my favorite part of that car is

Making the 80's tail lights even more "80's" is a real accomoplishment

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Tommychu posted:

That and whatever they put behind the headrests in the rear window

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Negromancer posted:

That and whatever they put behind the headrests in the rear window

Is that a Fiero GT?

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151401334942

<edit> not complaining at all I would drive the hell out of this thing

after some styling changes

Lamar Smith R-TX fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 9, 2014

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

45k BIN?

Good luck eBay dude.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Anybody who thought this was cool it just dropped to $650. Saw it showing a coworker who likes Datsuns.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Anybody who thought this was cool it just dropped to $650. Saw it showing a coworker who likes Datsuns.

If this was even remotely near me I'd buy it today. I have an unreasoning lust for old Datsuns like that. I think getting it back to WI would cost me more then the purchase price though.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

I count like five majorly over priced trips to the shop on this one vehicle

I just cannot wrap my head around that poo poo (edit: link)

I want to start a shop so I can rip stupid hellafail idiots off for $4190 for changing their oil pan, master cylinder, calipers, and brake fluid :aaaaa:

holy gently caress!

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

I don't get the mentality behind some of these swaps, I love me some LS engine but it's not really a racecar is it? What series and class would that thing run in? As a track-day car it's neat but you could get 4/5th's of that performance from a $6k supercharger kit and $2k in suspension work.

Is it obvious that I am trying to talk myself into buying a supercharger kit?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The wing makes it a racecar, duh, he wasted his money on the engine swap.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
It looks like someone really did put the effort and money into that car--regardless if it's more of a 'track car' than race car.

RazorDX
Nov 7, 2008

kastein posted:

I want to start a shop so I can rip stupid hellafail idiots off for $4190 for changing their oil pan, master cylinder, calipers, and brake fluid :aaaaa:

holy gently caress!

I like how the fact that the dolt ripped a second oilpan out of the car manages to increase the value, since you know, that's an investment.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Labor is an investment, right?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Now that I look at that BMW, I'm more pissed. He ripped apart a Z3 M Coupe to make a dumb "V8 Durrr" toy. :sigh:

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Well at least it was a 2000 so it wasn't a fancy S54 engined 6-speed but still...

Is this a repost or do I just have the DeTomaso Mini on my mind a lot recently?

http://victoria.craigslist.ca/cto/4596995829.html

I'm tempted to go look since I'll be in Vancouver this weekend anyhow.

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

A three cylinder with slicks? Am I missing something? That thing can't be putting out enough power to merit those...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

taterz posted:

A three cylinder with slicks? Am I missing something? That thing can't be putting out enough power to merit those...

One of the most hilariously terrifying rides Ive ever been on was riding shotgun in a vintage race specced MGB on slicks for 3 laps around Sears Point at 10/10ths. Low power just means never take your foot off the gas and turn as hard as your balls will allow you to go. We actually passed a lot of cars with god knows how many times more power by praying to the gods of Traction.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Octopus Magic posted:

Now that I look at that BMW, I'm more pissed. He ripped apart a Z3 M Coupe to make a dumb "V8 Durrr" toy. :sigh:

I love swaps... But in cars with notoriously bad motors. Like Jag V12s or the resto-mod movement. Or in cars that are extremely common that won't crush the value like when people try to shove V12 motors in E36's

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
This seems super clean for $5k, although I realize it's the less desirable body style.
Plus the small motor, but it's a 4-speed!

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4660658360.html

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Raluek posted:

This seems super clean for $5k, although I realize it's the less desirable body style.
Plus the small motor, but it's a 4-speed!

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4660658360.html

I think you meant the best body style. Later Cudas got pretty, sure, but those are way cooler with the back window.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I think you meant the best body style. Later Cudas got pretty, sure, but those are way cooler with the back window.

Hey, I personally don't mind them. I just said that they weren't generally very desirable on the market.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151401334942

<edit> not complaining at all I would drive the hell out of this thing

after some styling changes

Is that an accusump tank between the bump and the radiator?

Also apparently I wasn't the only dumbass to do a z06 caliper conversion on my car.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/4650161778.html

"Minimal rust"

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4657939177.html

Real gold?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Hm, wonder what the odds are he didn't put a dab of RTV on either side of the front cam bearing cap - it's required to seal them, but if he just bought a seal and didn't look in a manual at the R&R procedure, he might not realize it needs that step.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
That is $2400 more than I paid for my mr2 with 66k less miles. Mind you mine hasn't started in three years and it smells weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Holy poo poo :laffo:

quote:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4661964128.html

You read it right!!!! I have a 1976 Ford pinto for sale! Now before you just bypass this ad because of the price please read what this car has in it.
I picked this car up as a trade for a honda I had.
This car has VERY little rust! All the rust consists of is a fist sized hole behind the driver seat and a little bubbling through the passenger rear fender. This is very typical for these car and very rare to find one with such little rust. The body is very very straight too.
Now for the fun part, the engine!
All the pinto drivetrain was removed and replaced with a 1978 mustang 2 drivetrain. This car has a built 2.3 instead of a 2.0 inline 4. The engine has a holly 500 carb
Aftermarket aluminum intake manifold
The block was resurfaced for higher compression
Has a full header and 2.5" exhaust all the way back to a flow master. (Professional installation by punks exhaust in hazel dell)
The engine however smokes like a chimney, so it will need a rebuild if I don't do it myself.

The transmission shifts nicely and the clutch is strong. The only problem is reverse. It slips out of gear and grinds really bad even if you hold it in gear. I believe it's just a linkage adjustment.

Also has an 8" ford rear end with good shocks and leaf springs.
Also has a recently re-upholstered interior

Long story short:
The good:
Built engine
Strong tranny
Good rear end
Great interior
4 new gauges
Clean and straight body
Has an 8 gallon (300$) fuel cell (instead of the coveted bomb gas tank)
Title is clean, in my name, and in my hand
And yes the odometer reads 90,000 and from the condition of the car that is 90k original miles
Extremely fun car!

The bad:
Will need a rebuild
Could use front shocks
Very little rust
Bad reverse

I'm looking to get $1,500 OBO
Might entertain trades. Feel free to shoot me offers. NO LOWBALLERS.
Thank you

Call/ text/ email.

Who in hell spends the time to swap in a Mustang II engine?