Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
A single owner with business experience and who can legally own the club? I'd let him play undertaker up front

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Total Meatlove posted:

A single owner with business experience and who can legally own the club? I'd let him play undertaker up front

Why would you play Taker up front? I dont think he'd make my wrestling XI.

Phwoar I'm imagining Dolph Ziggler going up the wing and crossing for John Cena to head into the net

Do it Vince. Make my wrestling football dream a reality.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Imagine the flopping a wrestling team would do. My god.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

The Big Taff Man posted:

Why would you play Taker up front? I dont think he'd make my wrestling XI.

Phwoar I'm imagining Dolph Ziggler going up the wing and crossing for John Cena to head into the net

Do it Vince. Make my wrestling football dream a reality.

I'm gonna be honest with you taff, I only know about 5 wrestlers and undertaker was the first I remembered.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Total Meatlove posted:

I'm gonna be honest with you taff, I only know about 5 wrestlers and undertaker was the first I remembered.
It's great to hear that you're so cool.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Kofi Kingston could probably play midfield, he's super athletic.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Andre the giant (:france:), Rey Mysterio and Thunder Lips

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
CM Punk's a free agent right now, could be a shrewd buy.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
I think we're gonna need some code tags here gentlemen.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
This is the finance thread and I wasnt allowed to make a thread comparing wrestlers to footballers so I dont think this talk should continue

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

The Big Taff Man posted:

This is the finance thread and I wasnt allowed to make a thread comparing wrestlers to footballers so I dont think this talk should continue

This is a good opinion.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kurtofan posted:

Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Andre the giant (:france:), Rey Mysterio and Thunder Lips
Hulk Hogan was Thunder Lips :colbert:

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

The Big Taff Man posted:

Lmao. next up at the playa hatas ball is The Big Taff Man. This hater once called in a bomb threat.....to the special Olympics. Man that's cold.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get home and put some water in Ninpo's mom's dish.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

Rangers directors are now in talks with a Malaysian businessman wanted by Interpol.

Things are going well

Could be worse, you could be this club

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-09-10/football-club-run-by-criminals-medeiros/

quote:

"A professional football club in Europe is being run by criminals, the former chief executive of the European Professional Football Leagues has alleged."

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Berlusconi was acquitted of most of his crimes!!!!

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

most clubs are run by some form of criminal this isnt news

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Gigi becalli runs his club from prison

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

Berlusconi was acquitted of most of his crimes!!!!

Indeed:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Berlusconi is cool in my book

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hegay posted:

I prefer non-fiction :agesilaus:.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Haha wow Berlusconi was involved in Propoganda Due?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Hegay posted:

How does Berlusconi fit into the 14 words

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

loving communist judges :ussr:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Byolante posted:

Haha wow Berlusconi was involved in Propoganda Due?

He was a non-PCI Italian politician/businessman in the '70s, how could he not be involved in P2?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Kurtofan posted:

loving communist judges :ussr:

He certainly did.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
:siren: FFP NOW OFFICIALLY A JOKE :siren:

quote:

The threat of legal action against Uefa has enabled Manchester City to field only one club-trained player in their Champions League squad which goes into action against Bayern Munich next week – three fewer than Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool – despite having failed the governing body’s Financial Fair Play rules.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/uefa-rewrites-rules-to-allow-city-to-dodge-ffp-sanctions-9725033.html

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Lol I want to say I can't believe how blatant they've been about it but it's uefa

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Wait, this is news now? This was known over a month ago. It was in the local paper before the season started.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/new-stadium-development-clarification-110914/

Rothschild

Jokes write themselves

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
So who's excited to see QPR play in the Conference next year?

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Ffp was a joke from day one.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

And Luzenac AP was forced to play in the French 7th division despite earning promotion to Ligue 2 last season. Fair play.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

American investment company wants to take over Tottenham.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...e-takeover.html

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

euroboy posted:

"Led by its London-born and based head of European investment, Jonathan Goldstein, Cain Hoy is believed to have communicated its interest in launching a takeover bid for Spurs."

Goldstein is very thrifty, can spot a bargain, and knows how to haggle. Could be a good move.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

African AIDS cum posted:

"Led by its London-born and based head of European investment, Jonathan Goldstein, Cain Hoy is believed to have communicated its interest in launching a takeover bid for Spurs."

Goldstein is very thrifty, can spot a bargain, and knows how to haggle. Could be a good move.

lol

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

euroboy posted:

Pissflaps will be worried they'll make a move for Boro's star striker.

Also FFP is such a loving joke. Clubs won't pay any attention to it now (if they did beforehand)

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Nobodies mentioned that City's £50mil FFP fine is being given directly to those who need it most ie. real madrid, barcelona, bayern munich and literally everyone else in the champions/europa league. Good work Platini, you're truly preventing football from becoming a stratified elite.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Nobodies mentioned that City's £50mil FFP fine is being given directly to those who need it most ie. real madrid, barcelona, bayern munich and literally everyone else in the champions/europa league. Good work Platini, you're truly preventing football from becoming a stratified elite.

All clubs in the CL/europa league gets €264.000 each out of this fine. It doesn't mean anything for all the rich clubs in the top bracket in europe, but it's a considerable amount of money for everyone else, especially the europa league clubs. That sounds like a pretty good deal, and was agreed with the clubs back when FFP was introduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

African AIDS cum posted:

Arsenal fans to begin a 2 minute hate?

• Locked thread