Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
I mean, first there's everything in Ferguson but then there was the fact that schools in Missouri stage "active shooter drills" as preparation for events.

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I'm thinking that a lot of older people in Missouri like authority figures just really loving love to see teenagers getting killed. And since they're not police I guess the headteachers are all like "fuckit let's have a pretend school shooting and call it a drill, I'll get the moulage an' get a real boner going here".

Just seems pretty hosed up yanno, maybe it's where the game Harvester was based in I dunno, seems weird!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I thought you were being melodramatic but then I saw the first paragraph and the picture and lolled

quote:

“You’ll know when it pops off,” says Robert Bowen, the school’s campus police officer. “If you get engaged with one of the shooters, you’ll know it.”

“When you get shot, you need to close your fingers and keep ‘em in,” adds Tammy Kozinski, the drama teacher. “When the bad guy and the police come through, they’ll step all over you, and who will be saying they’re sorry?”

“Nobody!” the students cry in unison.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

that quote sounds like something out of satire jesus christ

the choice of an striker shotgun as their "active shooter" weapon is weird to me as well

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

hail satan

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

FinalGamer posted:

I mean, first there's everything in Ferguson but then there was the fact that schools in Missouri stage "active shooter drills" as preparation for events.

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I'm thinking that a lot of older people in Missouri like authority figures just really loving love to see teenagers getting killed. And since they're not police I guess the headteachers are all like "fuckit let's have a pretend school shooting and call it a drill, I'll get the moulage an' get a real boner going here".

Just seems pretty hosed up yanno, maybe it's where the game Harvester was based in I dunno, seems weird!

We did these in NJ, the world is all hosed op

naem
May 29, 2011

Yes rather than realize our competetive consumer society is alienating kids to the point they go crazy and reaching out as a community to each other and to be a more open and loving society and rooting out the societal causes and starting outreach service to give kids counceling, gently caress THAT LETS PRACTICE MURDER!!!!

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

naem posted:

Yes rather than realize our competetive consumer society is alienating kids to the point they go crazy and reaching out as a community to each other and to be a more open and loving society and rooting out the societal causes and starting outreach service to give kids counceling, gently caress THAT LETS PRACTICE MURDER!!!!

solving problems are hard, this is easier

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
lol instead of actually getting rid of guns lets do drills that are somehow more hosed up than that duck and cover bullshit from the 50's.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
just give every student a .22 and teach them to shoot at gunmen.

naem
May 29, 2011

This is a great way for future school shooters to learn how best to murder people.

They'll know where the other kids are hiding and how they'll behave and where first responders will come in, they'll learn the layout of the school completely,

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

TOILETLORD posted:

it'll be like those soviet bomb dogs, the children will shoot their teachers and also the cops

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Crewmine posted:

it'll be like those soviet bomb dogs, the children will shoot their teachers and also the cops

wont know until we try

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Crewmine posted:

i don't see an issue.

naem
May 29, 2011

TOILETLORD posted:

Here's the thing- its not GUNMEN it's a kid, a child, shooting other children.

There are not secret unground breeding nests of GUNMEN™

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

naem posted:

Here's the thing- its not GUNMEN it's a kid, a child, shooting other children.

There are not secret unground breeding nests of GUNMEN™

how is more dead people in missouri a bad thing? just turn all students into gunmen give them guns.

naem
May 29, 2011

TOILETLORD posted:

how is more dead people in missouri a bad thing? just turn all students into gunmen give them guns.

Personally as a kid I'd want to play the GUNMAN™ in my school's murder drill

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010
i would loving kill to play active shooter in those drills

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Fool and the World posted:

i would loving kill to play active shooter in those drills

sounds like you'd be a great casting choice :rimshot:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
before moving on to real college i went to community college for hella cheap credits and during orientation their advice was if there's a shooter on a campus and you wind up trapped with them coming try and find a firehydrant to beat them to death with which imo is kind of good advice if you've got no other choice

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

fire hydrants are fixed to the ground

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Gotta learn to be a better victim before you can be the abuser

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
fire extinguisher, same thing

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Unless you're literally the hulk. Are you the Hulk?

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

The Droid posted:

that quote sounds like something out of satire jesus christ

the choice of an striker shotgun as their "active shooter" weapon is weird to me as well
Like right?!

I mean that's not the weirdest part but it really throws me off at the same time, that's the kind of weapon I get at the end level of a game or something.

Also I'm pretty sure I see at least three dudes popping boners for all this kid-simulating murder so my original theory stands proven. Do they like, stand at the sidelines or something and just watch this poo poo or do they get like tagged you're out and have to sit outside cuz GROWNUPS NEVER GOT SHOT IN SCHOOLS NO THAT WOULD RUIN THE IMMERSION

Robo Reagan posted:

before moving on to real college i went to community college for hella cheap credits and during orientation their advice was if there's a shooter on a campus and you wind up trapped with them coming try and find a firehydrant to beat them to death with which imo is kind of good advice if you've got no other choice
This totally sounds a good idea and having played Phoenix Wright I can tell you it definitely will also stop lawyers from suing you by giving them amnesia.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:911:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
if we could just somehow outlaw rock & roll music we would not have this problem

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i am in mo and i have a huge boner over it op

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i'm gay

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

The Droid posted:

sounds like you'd be a great casting choice :rimshot:

glad u think so

naem
May 29, 2011

That 70s Shirt
Dec 6, 2006

What do you think I'm gonna do? I'm gonna save the fuckin' day!
I was in high school back during the "Columbine era" and they made us do these. The teachers would cover the windows in the doors with black paper and we'd have to lay on the ground and be completely silent (as if that would trick any potential shooters from thinking anyone was in the classrooms, lol).

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

That 70s Shirt posted:

I was in high school back during the "Columbine era" and they made us do these. The teachers would cover the windows in the doors with black paper and we'd have to lay on the ground and be completely silent (as if that would trick any potential shooters from thinking anyone was in the classrooms, lol).

i remember after columbine, my high school was celebrating because our rivals had a school shooting before a sports game we played against them.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

It'd be so much easier to ban all the guns rather than do safety drills

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

It'd be so much easier to ban all the guns rather than do safety drills

sorry, but it's actually easier to just give everyone a gun. cheaper too.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

People who want to be actors do the stupidest poo poo in their quest to pursue acting

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

they should have mandatory computer lab sessions using a counterstrike map based on the school

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
well i have a huge boner but tbh i was already at half mast before i killed these teenagers so i guess i have to wait for it to go away then kill some more?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

teach kids all the best firing lines and places to take cover so they can better stop the bad guy

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
Instead of arming the teenagers/staff, what if we just mount mini-gun turrets all over the schools? With smart turrets, the school can defend itself. Also, a fleet of attack drones assist the turrets by way of search and destroy. These drones should cover any blind spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

they should have mandatory computer lab sessions using a counterstrike map based on the school

students became hostile with one another for their "terrible buys" and for "feeding the other team AWPs"

• Locked thread