Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

the dad farm posted:

So if they really do let contractors go can i just like, take some vaca from work and do a 2-3 week hunting trip in Iraq?

We could have a GIP squad. I'll bring a bucket and a towell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

zombie303 posted:

We could have a GIP squad. I'll bring a bucket and a towell!

I've got a pretty dull combat knife.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I call water boy.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Man the GT86/FRS/BRZ is the coolest car that I never knew I wanted. (because I didn't know it existed until two days ago) :rice:

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

Mad Dragon posted:

There's a group of former special ops dudes who go to Africa and guard rhinos from poachers.

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/battleground-rhino-wars

lol

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Man the GT86/FRS/BRZ is the coolest car that I never knew I wanted. (because I didn't know it existed until two days ago) :rice:

They're great little cars, but to be honest the entire time I was driving one all i could think was how much faster the 370Z and Hyundai Genesis were

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

They're great little cars, but to be honest the entire time I was driving one all i could think was how much faster the 370Z and Hyundai Genesis were

yea they either need to throw a turbo on that lil 2 liter or slam a v6 into the engine bay and actually give it some balls cuz a 7.6 0-60 and 15 second 1/4 is kind of anemic

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yea they either need to throw a turbo on that lil 2 liter or slam a v6 into the engine bay and actually give it some balls cuz a 7.6 0-60 and 15 second 1/4 is kind of anemic
haha my 1998 GTI was faster than that. There is supposedly a ~300hp STi version in the works, but I doubt it'll be less than $30k.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yea baseline theyre going for like 25k msrp, a monster with 300 horses would probably be closer to 35k

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i miss gardenchat

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

my begonias be poppin yo

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Lemmie get a picture of my garden tomorrow morning. The only flower we are having trouble with are the snapdragons. This summer heat is killing them.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
my backyard is hosed i havent watered it in 3 months

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
caring about grass is something you let the mexis do

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
my backyard is more than just grass. i had a bunch of those mini fruit trees and a bunch of other poo poo my gf got and never took care of so i was always just going out and cutting the gently caress out of things anyways. now shits either dead or overgrown with weeds and drat i dont feel like fixing it

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

caring about grass is something you let the mexis do

And Sergeant Major.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

i miss gardenchat

It tried to snow last night, so we had to cover our garden, I have like 50 lbs of tomatoes that are still green, and my Brussels Sprouts are still like a week or two from being ready to cut.

Never going to get pumpkins, all the moisture and cool air is causing the leaves to rot off the vines.

I did get like 5 jalapenos this year, so that's like a record for this area.

Roses didn't do so great, but our daisy's were like 4 ft tall and take up a 5x8 spot in our front yard, so that's cool.

I'm gonna redo our veggie beds this winter, and build my own version of these: http://livingtowers.com/tower%20garden.htm

I also have two half barrels that don't seem to be good for growing much, so I'm gonna try to do potatoes in them next year as well.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
snow? what the flying gently caress. its been 100+ the past 4 days at my place

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

ded posted:

haha! get hosed, nerd.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ded posted:

It was 28 when I left the house this morning.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was 80 today in Seattle, and now I'm flying out to northern Michigan where its 50s and raining. lovely flyover state couldn't stay nice for just one more week, could it? :mad:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Turbo it and badge it as a goddamn Supra.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
loving high of 71 here today. bout drat time, I can finally cut my AC off and probably have another 1.5 months before bumping on the heat. gently caress a utility bill.

for garden chat, see Frank pics in the dog thread. the picture of him in the sliver of garden shown is what the rest of my garden area looks like, a loving mess. most all the good topsoil washed under the fence. I've got a chunk of yard that's essentially a mulch section, probably 15'x30' of where there was mulch when I bought the place, that I throw all my yard trash on. the soil in the mulch pile is good, dark, rich poo poo that would be awesome for next year, if I wasn't going to sell this house.

now, I do know someone that's got waaaaay too many plants crammed into his tiny rear end yard. probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 40+ trees, on a 0.1 acre lot (including footprint of his house). dude's nuts, in a good way.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

I get this feeling about my RX8, but I just love everything else about that car.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Jarmak posted:

I get this feeling about my RX8, but I just love everything else about that car.

Really? I love mine, but it's a 6 speed standard. The autos and pre 2007 models did feel really slow, though

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

I like mine. I wish it was a little faster/not such a dog below 4k.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Booblord Zagats posted:

Really? I love mine, but it's a 6 speed standard. The autos and pre 2007 models did feel really slow, though

Wasn't the auto model in the RX8 limited to something like 6200rpm or something ridiculous? So you missed out on like 2800 rpm worth of engine play?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

not caring here posted:

Wasn't the auto model in the RX8 limited to something like 6200rpm or something ridiculous? So you missed out on like 2800 rpm worth of engine play?

Pre 08, yeah. After that they changed up the transmission enough to handle 9000

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Did they still get the engine with less intake ports?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Was looking for name suggestions for my white and orange cat, found some gold.

http://www.catnamesmeow.com/cat-names/agent-orange

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Was looking for name suggestions for my white and orange cat, found some gold.

http://www.catnamesmeow.com/cat-names/agent-orange

You're loving up

quote:

Hi,

You could use the name of an object and a cat name together like in the book Tail chaser's Song or Warriors. I have a cat named Mud fur, and it is really fitting for the girl (she has black splotches on her white fur). You could name him or her:

Brambleclaw
Bramblethorn

other examples could be: dapple, spotted, pelt, fur, tooth, ear, etc. The best part of these kinds of names is that they are interchangable.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110425060727AAakILJ

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

laffo battlecats

No tough cats here.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'd cross the street if I saw those cats coming my way

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

laffo battlecats

No tough cats here.

I dunno, the one on the left is mean-mugging pretty hard.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Bring it on, stupid cats. Toss 'em in the dryer. Watch out: LASER POINTER BITCH

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Mine is a 07 auto, red-lines at 8k if I remember correctly.

Someday I'll probably do some forced induction to bring the HP up to 300 and then it will be perfect.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
dont rx8 engines crap out around 90k miles?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

dont rx8 engines crap out around 90k miles?

Not if you keep the oil levels where they're supposed to be. Most RX8 engine issues come from people not topping off the oil every 2K miles, since the engine has to burn a small amount of oil in the fuel, and when the oil gets low and burnt, poo poo can happen. Also if you use Synthetic it can also cause build up that fucks up the internal pressure and blows apex seals. It's how I lost my first engine, but Mazda replaced it for free with a newer one

Jarmak posted:

Mine is a 07 auto, red-lines at 8k if I remember correctly.

Someday I'll probably do some forced induction to bring the HP up to 300 and then it will be perfect.

Mine is an 06 with a 2012 engine because when I hit 50K. When Mazda replaced it they didn't swap out the ECU, so I had to deal with constant intake manifold codes until I got them to send me a new ECU. I have a Spyder (AEM knock off) cold air intake on mine because living at 4500 ASL and in the desert made that engine an absolute dog in the summer months. Highly recommend it

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 15, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Rotaries are cool and all and you gotta respect the engineering and hp for the amount of displacement they have. And I'd love to have a 3rd gen rx-7 with the original motor or an LS1.

But yeah gently caress the maintenance and upkeep and all that

And then the rx-8? Yes I'll take 170 hp or whatever it is, lovely maintenance intervals, and 18 mpg highway lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Christoff posted:

Rotaries are cool and all and you gotta respect the engineering and hp for the amount of displacement they have. And I'd love to have a 3rd gen rx-7 with the original motor or an LS1.

But yeah gently caress the maintenance and upkeep and all that

And then the rx-8? Yes I'll take 170 hp or whatever it is, lovely maintenance intervals, and 18 mpg highway lol

240 hp if you have a standard, pretty light for a car with a back seat, plus the perfect balance between the wheels honestly makes it a really fun track car that can take turns at 55 that Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs and Zs have to slow down to 30 for. The MPG is a pain, but then again I'm not poor so I don't honestly give a poo poo unless gas hits $12 a gallon.

As per maintenance, its a lot better in the Renesis than it was in the predecessors.

That said my next car is probably going to be a G37 or a CTS-V

• Locked thread