Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Fassbender's performance was great (as was the David ad), the set design of the ship was great, the abortion scene was fantastic body horror. That's pretty much all I remember liking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills

Cartoon posted:

I see Mills spit at his feet and leave.

Why would I spit at my own feet?

Mills

The answers to that are in Prometheus 2. Patience Milky!

Matoi Ryuko

Mills posted:

You're an aspiring shoe shiner?

CrazyTolradi

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Apparently Kanye West told some handicapped people in wheelchairs to "Stand up and dance." I now understand why Mills thinks Kayne isn't a complete sack of poo poo.

But this the grandson of someone who thought $100 for an ugly lump of glass was a good deal.

Doctor Spaceman

some site posted:

UPDATE 15/09/14: Footage of Kanye West’s Sydney wheelchair incident has emerged online. The video confirms that once Kanye was made aware of wheelchair-bound fans were in attendance, he jumped right into the song Goodlife. View the footage below.

XyloJW

Mills posted:

Yeah that's how I read that too

Mad Katter

STOP THE BATS
Cartoon, you should watch Das Boot if your video store has a copy. It's a fantastic movie unless you're claustrophobic, in which case you might have a meltdown.

cat doter

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
prometheus, doctor who, and transformers are all bad

very bad

I have spoken

Mills

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...9-1227058879156

Doctor Spaceman

GoldStandardConure

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Mills don't read news dot com, its bad for your brain.

Mills

The SMH is locking me out of articles after the first 30 in a month though. :(

algebra testes

Mad Katter posted:

Cartoon, you should watch Das Boot if your video store has a copy. It's a fantastic movie unless you're claustrophobic, in which case you might have a meltdown.

One of the best War Anti-War films I have ever seen. It also sends some interesting messages re: Nazism and Germany which I find fascinating. I also really like the core story telling devices (like the viewer surrogate character), and the way it outlines straight away what the stakes are so you always feel that tension because you know what is going on. Also, the way the film opens up in this large ballroom (which, by itself is an amazing scene) with these really deep shots which reinforces the claustrophobia when they get inside the submarine. And I really like that shot (or, two shots at least - there's an edit when they go through the curtain) when they rush down the submarine with the hand held camera from one end to the other.

There is so much I love about that film, it's up in my top five films of all time.

tl;dr :spergin:

CrazyTolradi

Mad Katter posted:

Das Boot is an awesome film, highly recommend.

XyloJW

Mad Katter posted:

Wait I forget, is Cartoon an alien who just arrived on earth or has he been locked in a vault since 1914? Should we be recommending him famous and well known movies too?

Cartoon go check out Citizen Kane and the Godfather.

Cartoon go check out Lethal Weapon and Fifth Element.

Cartoon go check out Se7en and the Usual Suspects.

XyloJW
Cartoon, there's this really good movie called Seven Samurai by this guy Akira Kurosawa, you should check it out.

Mad Katter

STOP THE BATS

XyloJW posted:

Wait I forget, is Cartoon an alien who just arrived on earth or has he been locked in a vault since 1914? Should we be recommending him famous and well known movies too?

Dude lives in the bush and literally poops into a hole in the ground.

:shrug:

Perhaps he also comes from an alternate reality where Howl's Moving Castle isn't a famous or well known movie that was released a decade ago.

Endman

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

LordPants posted:

One of the best War Anti-War films I have ever seen.

That ending. :negative:

Bargearse

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

CrazyTolradi posted:

Das Boot is an awesome film, highly recommend.

It was also released as a 5 hour miniseries for German TV, it's supposed to be awesome too but I haven't seen all of it yet

webmeister

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

XyloJW posted:

Someone's sassy today!

Cartoon

poop

Mad Katter posted:

Seen it. Solid :d: :d: :d: :d: Also great because of the way that U-boat warfare went over the course of the movie/war (ie started really good and went to total poo poo).

XyloJW posted:

Saw Citizen Cane, The Godfather, Lethal Weapon(? maybe) all before you were born.

Citizen Cane - :d: :d: :d: Not an actual fan but a good film.
Godfather - :d: :d: :d: :d: The second is almost as good. The third can be missed.
Lethal Weapon - :d: :d: :d: Probably could do with a rewatch.
Fifth Element - :d: :d: :d: Every time I rewatch I'm more disappointed but might still watch again.
Se7en - :d: :d: :d: Almost made it to my rewatch list.
Usual Suspects - 4 diamonds (ran out of smilie buffer)- Gem.

XyloJW posted:

Cartoon, there's this really good movie called Seven Samurai by this guy Akira Kurosawa, you should check it out.
Haha. Ran is his actual masterpiece and a film Network Video Kempsey don't have...

XyloJW
Yeah, I assumed that you, like every adult in the world, had seen all those movies, which is why I thought it strange that people were "recommending" them to you.

Cartoon posted:

Fifth Element - :d: :d: :d: Every time I rewatch I'm more disappointed but might still watch again.

Yeah, same for me. Every time I watch it, I'm less enamored with the art style and dialog and more annoyed by the hokey plot and I swear Chris Tucker's part somehow gets longer and louder every time.

hambeet

Go watch the notebook cartoon.

GoldStandardConure

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

XyloJW posted:

Yeah, same for me. Every time I watch it, I'm less enamored with the art style and dialog and more annoyed by the hokey plot and I swear Chris Tucker's part somehow gets longer and louder every time.

Whats it like hating fun?

Splode

put some clothes on you little freak
Cartoon, Howl's moving castle is based on a western book, not a Japanese one hth.

Cartoon

poop
You think I didn't know that? Hth you.

Coq au Nandos

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

XyloJW posted:

Cartoon watch Pacific Rim

Cartoon

poop

SKY COQ posted:

Cartoon watch Pacific Rim

Cartoon posted:

I saw Pacific Rim last night. Very disappointing :d: :d:

tithin

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've only seen the 5th element from that list :shrug:

Splode

Cartoon posted:

You think I didn't know that? Hth you.

Then your review was poorly written to the point of being misleading. If it had included more of your comical hatred of anime I might have chuckled, but instead it was just a confusing waste of everybody's time, especially considering everyone has already seen the film.

Mad Katter

STOP THE BATS

tithin posted:

Alien spotted.

Splode

tithin posted:

same but I am like twelve years old

Cartoon

poop

Splode posted:

Then your review was poorly written to the point of being misleading. If it had included more of your comical hatred of anime I might have chuckled, but instead it was just a confusing waste of everybody's time, especially considering everyone has already seen the film.
Actually given that it was an English book that was adapted (not just translated but heavily altered) then translated back to English I though the one-liner "Lost in Translation" was suitably pithy. Sorry I guess.

MysticalMachineGun

What was Howl's Moving Castle based on?

CrazyTolradi

MysticalMachineGun posted:

LSD?

Splode

Cartoon posted:

Actually given that it was an English book that was adapted (not just translated but heavily altered) then translated back to English I though the one-liner "Lost in Translation" was suitably pithy. Sorry I guess.

I'll let you off this time, but you better pick up your game.

Splode

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howl's_Moving_Castle

This piece of poo poo.

Cartoon

poop
^^^

Apology accepted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howl%27s_Moving_Castle

quote:

Howl's Moving Castle is a fantasy novel by British author Diana Wynne Jones, first published in 1986 by Greenwillow Books of New York. It was a runner-up for the annual Boston Globe–Horn Book Award[3] and it won the Phoenix Award twenty years later, recognizing its rise from relative obscurity.

quote:

Film adaptation[edit]
In 2004 an animated film was released, directed by Hayao Miyazaki and produced by Studio Ghibli. The film broke box office records in Japan, and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet

Never seen. It sounds poo poo.

• Locked thread