Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What? I don't get how this follows. I see Cena/Rusev meaning it's MORE likely Cena doesn't win. Why?

1) Brock would still have his rematch.
2) Cena/Rusev reeks of a placeholder feud for Cena since Brock will, in my scenario, still have the title.
3) The thrust of that feud would still be Russia vs. USA, which means the title isn't needed.

I know I said I wasn't gonna post this week but unfortunately for me my internet is being so ungodly slow (by modern standards) that browsing the forums is mostly all I can do. :shobon:

Also I still maintain they had Reigns win so Reigns/Rollins at NoC will be No DQ so that Rollins can cheat to win AND it'd set up the murder spot Dean could save Roman from. Does no one else honestly see this as a possibility? It's dumb, yes, but there's a reasonable amount of logic behind it given Seth talking so much about wanting to end Reigns, and it's certainly more logical than a Dean turn.

Rollins isn't winning or atleast Reigns isn't getting pinned in any manner they gave away the clean finish so they can do a gently caress finish DQ on the ppv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Even if the plan is just to feed Rusev to Cena, it makes more sense to have it be broken-down Cena getting his groove back against Rusev than triumphant champ Cena steam-rolling over an unproven threat.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WadeBartender posted:

Rollins isn't winning or atleast Reigns isn't getting pinned in any manner they gave away the clean finish so they can do a gently caress finish DQ on the ppv

I guess I didn't register in my scenario that it'd be Russo-riffic to do a no contest in a no-DQ, but that's kinda what I pictured.

I still think Brock is winning and the right thing will happen with Dean/Rollins, even though them doing what they did on Raw was still really goddamn dumb (I say this as probably the biggest Reigns fan here) and I don't blame anyone whatsoever for making GBS threads on it and wondering what the gently caress WWE is doing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I just realize they will probably give back Rollins his win back/heat back for a rematch on SD.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

If Brock Lesnar doesn't beat John Cena I will shove the entirety of Cenation up my butt. That's how certain I am that Brock will win. It would just be bad storytelling and a monumental failure to NOT let Ambrose, Reigns, DB, or some new person be the one to beat Brock.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Del Raminos posted:

Posting this just for the interviewer introducing Devitt simply as Fergal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zwcVSy5fT8

Haw haw, lookit that Aaarishman, Maggle! He's Fergal-icious! I love it!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Burt Buckle posted:

If Brock Lesnar doesn't beat John Cena I will shove the entirety of Cenation up my butt. That's how certain I am that Brock will win. It would just be bad storytelling and a monumental failure to NOT let Ambrose, Reigns, DB, or some new person be the one to beat Brock.
It really is going to suck when everyone tries to convince Vince that Cena would be really really stupid and he just ignores it all because he is so bought into Cena.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

It really is going to suck when everyone tries to convince Vince that Cena would be really really stupid and he just ignores it all because he is so bought into Cena.

I have to say I genuinely believe that say, HHH would try to talk Vince out of having Cena win the title. So maybe that'll help. :unsmith:

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
I'm will never ever give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to ruining everyone and everything for Cena, so him being the first the beat Brock after ending the streak and then instantly destroying Rusev wouldn't surprise me in the least.

That being said the one thing I will give them is that fear of their massive endless stupidity and blindness when it come to John Cena has made me just as anxious about this match as I was for Cena/Punk at MITB. So like that match I'm going to be marking out for every Brock near fall, and screaming obscenities at the screen during every CenaWinz spot.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I have to say I genuinely believe that say, HHH would try to talk Vince out of having Cena win the title. So maybe that'll help. :unsmith:
Hopefully Cena will stand up and say he should job, hell he should have probably told Vince not to destroy Bray the way he did 3 weeks ago

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

Pariah Rex posted:

This is what really worries me. If this is the show they are going to try and use to keep subscribers and reel in new ones the exact thing they would do is have Cena win. Confetti falls down, Cole screams about how Cena has redeemed himself and avenged The Undertaker. Cena is now tied with Flair, greatest wrestler ever, etc etc.

This is exactly what's going to happen and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Burt Buckle posted:

Hi welcome to the WWE.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I would completely tolerate Cameron matches if she had a guy in a safari helmet to tell her to roll over opponents for a proper pin.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Burt Buckle posted:

If Brock Lesnar doesn't beat John Cena I will shove the entirety of Cenation up my butt.

:toxx:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Peter Bazooka posted:

This is exactly what's going to happen and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

But why do it at such a pissant nothing show like Night of Champions? At least wait for Survivor Series to have that sort of big moment, at something people have been conditioned to think is a "major" show, as if that distinction exists any more outside Mania and the Rumble.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Hopefully Cena will stand up and say he should job, hell he should have probably told Vince not to destroy Bray the way he did 3 weeks ago

That will literally never happen in any situation under any circumstances.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

NienNunb posted:

That will literally never happen in any situation under any circumstances.
What if some make a wish kid told him to do more jobs?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Peter Bazooka posted:

I think otherwise. If I end up being right, what's that make you out of curiosity?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Burt Buckle posted:

Cut back to the years of people talking about how The Undertaker should only lose to an upcoming star or the rub would be wasted.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

pressedbunny posted:

Cut back to the years of people talking about how The Undertaker should only lose to an upcoming star or the rub would be wasted.
That was true, and this is the same rub. Whoever beats Brock gets the transitive properties streak win.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Ambrose should swerve everyone at NOC and join Rollins because getting hit on the head has made him a programmable heel henchman and he doesnt remember all the good times with Reigns on the road and Seth's betrayal and stuff. Months later Roman finally gets through to Ambrose who sacrifices himself during the Rumble seemingly pointlessly though poetically so that Roman can go on to win everything.

Change his name to Plan D-

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 17, 2014

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If you aren't watching it live, there is a pretty fantastic 15+ minute Big E/Rollins match on Main Event that people should see.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think otherwise. If I end up being right, what's that make you out of curiosity?

I suppose it would make me wrong. Fortunately I've got 10+ years of terrible John Cena booking on my side.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sigma posted:

If you aren't watching it live, there is a pretty fantastic 15+ minute Big E/Rollins match on Main Event that people should see.

Clash of the NXT Champions.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I think it would be a real shame to waste all this time they've spent building up Rusev for Cena to be the one that beats him. So, yeah, they'll probably do it.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i mean haven't they always been building up rusev for cena? that was the plan being talked about in march.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm not sure "hope WWE doesn't make the worst loving possible decision with Brock/Cena" is enough to get my 9.99 for Night of Champions. The rest of the card looks meh or downright awful and the Cena booking has been mortifying. WWE has proven they are not afraid to completely waste everyone's time a la Battleground, too.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Don't waste $60 on the Network. Buy cool things instead like beer or Nintendo games.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

That DICK! posted:

I think it would be a real shame to waste all this time they've spent building up Rusev for Cena to be the one that beats him. So, yeah, they'll probably do it.

I'm usually the first to criticize WWE's booking for being too Cena centered, but who would you rather see in that spot then? Cena actually makes perfect sense for that role.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Rusev's thing where he's the unstoppable monster who only barely beats midcarders who haven't been pushed in five years is also idiotic poo poo booking.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Cena vs Rusev in fine in theory, although it means they're destroying *another* heel after like two months to feed the Cena Monster. It doesn't really need to be for the title, but it will be because WWE.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Rusev's thing where he's the unstoppable monster who only barely beats midcarders who haven't been pushed in five years is also idiotic poo poo booking.

it's actually completely standard effective booking and has been for literally decades

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Worked for Goldberg

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I mean its the perfect analogy to Russia really

NienNunb posted:

Don't waste $60 on the Network. Buy cool things instead like beer or Nintendo games.
What if I don't drink and don't play Nintendo games then :smugbert:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Nerd.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Who cares about Cena/whoever. It's all about Ziggler and Miz :allears:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

he has the most heel heat in the company so it's really good

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

achillesforever6 posted:

You're from Pittsburgh. I know for a fact that those are the only two things you do :smugbert:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Sockser posted:

You're from Pittsburgh. I know for a fact that those are the only two things you do :smugbert:
Look I'm paranoid at the idea of not having any control of what I say, I say stupid poo poo sober and have been to many parties with my parents, I know how I would be drunk and its something I don't want to happen to me.

I mean the saddest thing to happen in my life was me ordering a chocolate milk at a sports bar with my parents instead of booze or even pop.

Also I grew up on the PS2 like a real man and played cool games like Ratchet and Clank, and Jak 2 and Sly Cooper and uh some of the early Medal of Honor Games, and uhhhh Smackdown vs Raw 2006. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Pretty much every face in the company that isn't Cena, Reigns or an Uso is a midcarder who hasn't been pushed in five years.

• Locked thread